• Published 2nd Jun 2012
  • 9,085 Views, 13 Comments

Shining Armor's Sister - Bookworm24

  • ...
0
 13
 9,085

The Newborn

Shining Armor was so excited he could hardly contain it. There he was, looking through the glass into the maternity ward at a large number of newborn foals. Half of them were wearing pink and half of them were wearing light blue but all of them were unicorns, however Shining Armor was anxiously looking all around the room for one foal in particular.

"Which one is it? Do you see daddy? Is it a colt or a filly? Do I have a brother or sister?"

"Calm down Shining." Granny Sparkle chuckled. "Your father will show you soon enough."

"But grandma i'm just so excited!" Shining added. "Can you believe i'm a big brother? Me! All the teachers at school say i'm going to be a great brother. Even Flash Bang said I would be great and gym teachers never give out compliments. Oh I wish dad would come in and show us which one it is!" He then went right back to scanning the room and soon enough Nightime Sparkle walked into the room.

"There he is! There he is!" Shining started bouncing up and down in excitement when he spotted his father.

"Shining, calm down." Granny Sparkle said but she was almost as excited as he was.

Shining's father walked over to a crib that was near the window and pulled down the blanket to reveal a sleeping purple filly with a single dark purple curl on her forehead. "Shining Armor." He said. "Meet your new baby sister Twilight Sparkle."

At this point any attempt to get Shining to calm down would have been useless as the young colt started jumping and prancing all around, laughing and cheering."I got a sister!! I got a sister!! I got a sister!! Woohoo!!" Granny Sparkle had to hold him in a large hug in order to get him to be still. He looked at her and saw that even though she was smiling she had tears welling up in her eyes. "You're going to be the best brother ever Shining Armor. I just know it."





Later that night at home Twilight Velvet was resting on the sofa while her husband stroked her mane. Granny Sparkle was in the kitchen brewing tea for the adults and making a mug of hot chocolate for Shining while he was sitting by the crib that held his new baby sister.

"You should have seen it mom." Nightlight said to Granny Sparkle. "They thought something was wrong because she didn't yell or scream. Can you believe that?"

Twilight Velvet chuckled. "I was just too happy to feel any pain. Just knowing you were by my side was all i needed. I love you so much." Nightlight bent down and kissed her forehead.

"Well you won't believe who I met on the way to pick up Shining this afternoon." Granny Sparkle said placing a tray of tea on the coffee table and giving the mug of hot cocoa to Shining.

"Who mom?" Nightlight said starting to pour the tea into cups.

"Princess Celestia."

Nightlight nearly dropped the teapot on the floor, Twilight Velvet sat straight up and Shining almost spit out a mouthful of cocoa in surprise!

"Princess Celestia!?" Shining asked standing up. "Really! That is so cool!"

"What did she want?" Twilight Velvet asked laying back down.

"She wanted to congratulate you on your new baby."

"Well that was so nice of her." Nightlight added.

"She also mentioned that her niece, the princess, had started her foalsitting classes if we were thinking about getting one later on." Granny Sparkle continued. "I never met the princess but I hear she is very sweet."

"Princess Cadence?" Shining chimed in. "She's more than sweet. She is the best!"

"You've met her?" Twilight Velvet asked.

"A couple of times at the playground. She always likes to swing and read under the big oak tree. She's really cute."

Granny Sparkle chuckled. "Well it looks like somepony has a little crush on the princess."

Shining started to blush "I just think she's cool. That's all."

Suddenly a small sound came from the crib. All four ponies gathered around it and looked at Twilight as she gave a big yawn and opened her eyes for the first time. Shining was on his hind hooves so he could look over the edge of the crib at his new sister. Twilight looked at her brother and gave him a large grin as she extended a tiny hoof. Shining reached in with his own hoof and lightly touched his sister's which caused her to squeal and laugh with delight. Shining was in tears, he was so happy. Twilight then looked at her parents and grandmother and continued laughing, gave another big yawn and went back to sleep.

"Well look at that." Twilight Velvet said. "She knows her brother."

Looking at his new sister, Shining vowed that he would do whatever it took to be the best brother ever.