• Published 10th Nov 2018
  • 693 Views, 24 Comments

Obsessed with the Beat - LunaScribbles



Vinyl Scratch is best pony! But I didn't say I wanted to become her!

  • ...
3
 24
 693

Track 6: I'M JUUST A POOONYYY

The person led me to an apartment building complex. "This is the place. The room's at the 4th floor. Me and my friend have been having 'problem' with ourselves." He said, "Other people should somehow have the same problem as us when they mention our, ehem, 'other name."

True, I have been calling him by his 'other name' a lot, rather than Kent. He then gestured for me to go inside the apartment building. I think it's time I ask him what's going on and what's this problem he's mentioning about. "Neo- I mean, Kent."

"Don't strain yourself, man. You can call me Neon, even if I don't like it."

"Well, okay. Neon, what is this problem that you and your friend are talking about?" I asked him. He sighed as he pushed the elevator button going upwards.

"If I told ya', you wouldn't believe me." He said, "That's why I gotta show you. But be warned, the effects might shock you." The elevator doors opened and we both entered. We arrived at the room 405. He knocked on the door and a girl with cobalt-blue hair opened the door.

The first thought that popped up in my head was the word 'scratch'. "Scratch?" I muttered to myself.

"Yep, that's me..." the girl said, "Welcome aboard!"

Confused as I was, I felt like I could trust these two. Kent went inside before me and I then went in just right after. I closed the door behind me and they offered me a seat on their sofa.

"Yo, you want some Pepsi?" the girl said. I kindly declined her offer. "I'm guessing why Kent had brought you here."

"Yes, pretty much." I said. "Does it have to do something with McDonalds?"

"No." the two of them said in unison.

"Oh, then what brings me here?"

The girl spoke up, "You're here because... how do I put this... Have you ever had a dream about a tall blue Equine?"

"A what?"

"If so, you may be turning into a cartoon horse."

I chuckled, "Is that it? Boy, that's the crappiest prank I've ever seen! Come on? Cartoon horses?" I stood up and went for the door. "You know, it's been nice meeting you all but I really gotta get home."

"Kent?"

"Yeah?"

"Take off his pants."

"Roger."

"Wait, what in blazes are you doing?!"


With enough struggling, Kent managed to get his pants off and put down his underwear (it's not completely off, just down by a degree), to reveal a symbol that was on his hip. "Explain this." I said to Walter, pointing at the symbol on his hip.

"I-I don't know?" he stammered. "I've never seen it before!"

"Likely story." I squinted my eyes at him. "Well, you're in luck. You're going to turn into a cartoon horse soon. Usually, some parts of your body should change first. I use to have short black hair and..." I swallowed a lump in my throat. "I used to be a guy."

Walter, not being convinced, picked up his pants and got up quickly. "I don't believe it. I'm going now, bye."

"Wait!" Kent said but the door has been slammed. "Damn, he seemed upset."

"Maybe we shouldn't have forced the pants off of her."

"Her? That was a he."

"Yeah, but having Coloratura's cutie mark leaves much to be said on who he's going to turn into. He'll come back. She'll come back." I assured Kent. "Oh yeah, by the way, you haven't showed me your cutie mark yet."

"No, I'm not showing my ass to you."

"I showed you my--"

"No." He interrupted me, "Don't even finish that."


I can't believe I let them humiliate me like that. My face is red from embarrassment! Showing my hips to those two, gosh... No one could have their gender change like that! That girl is just playing a role for uhh... a prank, that's what. That tattoo on my hips? Just temporary tattoos. But I live in an apartment far away from theirs. And why would they prank me? And how did they put tattoos on my hips without me knowing? There's the guard of the apartment. He has eyes like a hawk when it comes to monitoring every bad thing in the apartment. Any important thing that happened on a night, he'll remember it and let the people who pass by him know, but he didn't tell me anything yesterday.

I'll just go home and forget this entire thing happened...

I went back to the McDonalds, unlocked the bike lock and proceeded to pedal my way back home. On the way home, I remembered the poem I recited in my head that one time.

Throughout the day, many faces come and go.
You get a feeling there's someone you should know.
If only they take the first step to me,
Maybe our friendship is our destiny!

I sigh as I remembered that the dude I'd meet as I recited that would be a friend of mine. "Gosh darn, lunatics." I mutter to myself. Taking off my pants like that is a stupid prank. I arrived at the entrance and saw that the guard.

"Greetings, Sir Walter!" he greeted me with a smile, "How is day?"

"It's okay, I guess." I replied, "Just got caught in between the act of some crazy people."

"Hmm..." he said as he shook his head. "Back in old country, crazy means fighting big grizzly bear with bare hands. If that is the kind of act that you did, I would be delighted. Knowing this American country, I think otherwise."

"Well, what did you think I did Misha?"

"Well, I think they did humiliating thing to you like putting down your pants."

"Is it really that obvious?"

"Yes. I notice your belt is gone and your face is red. Instantly know that embarrassing thing happened." He said, "I guess you be bed right now. It is 11. Very late."

"Yeah, thanks for the talk Misha."

"'Any time, my friend."


I hit the hay, hoping that I would just forget what had happened. I sigh in relief that I'm in the safety of my own bed, nothing bad should happen to me now that Misha is on guard. Time for me to lay rest.

...

...

Okay, that was fast. I wake up and see that I am in some kind of white void. It sort of reminds me of an empty canvas due to how blank everything is. I then hear the playing of piano... some pretty good piano at that... Wait, I know this song! Suddenly, a whole stage starts to materialize underneath me.

I then started to sing.

"I'm here to show you who I am
Throw off the veil, it's finally time.
There's more to me than glitz and glam, oh woooah.
And now I feel my stars align..."

My voice didn't sound like my own but I didn't mind! This song is just so good to stop singing.

"For I had believed what I was sold
I did all the things that I was told
But all that has changed, and now I'm bold
'Cause I know..."

I hear the approaching of some string instruments to accompany the amazing piano playing.

"I am JUST A POOOONYYYY!
I make mistakes from time to tiiiiime!
And now I know the real me!
I put my heart out on the liiiine!"

I started tearing up when I said this verse. I don't know why, but it just feels so true to me. I just saw my niece watch this episode and yet I just feel attached to this song.

"And let the magic in my heart stay true
Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa
And let the magic in my heart stay true
Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa
Just like the magic inside of you."

And with that, I ended the song... A shortened version, if you will. I hear some kind of strange applause. If I were to describe, it would sound like a someone is using two wooden blocks to clap. I turned to the source of the 'applause' and say a tall blue horse clapping with her hooves. "Wonderful! That was an amazing performance, Miss Coloratura!"

"Wait a minute? Who and what are you?"

The tall blue horse stood up and introduced herself. "My name is Princess Luna. I am a pony, just like you. I have been tasked to search for missing ponies for 2 years now. You, are one of those ponies, Miss Coloratura."

"Coloratura? Wait, you don't mean--"

"Yes, you, Coloratura!" the tall blue horse cheerfully said, "I mean, you might just be another pony with human memories again."

I then looked at my body and was shocked to see I was in the body of an equine. "Yeah, you're right about the human memories part. Now that I think about it, I heard those other two mention of a tall blue horse that appears in dreams."

"Pony. And who's the 'other two'."

"Some guys I accidentally got involved with, don't mind it too much." I said, shaking my hoof in the air, "Anyways, does that mean I'm turning into a pony?"

"Wait, 'turn into a pony'? I'm afraid that they never really mentioned to me that they were turning into ponies. I guess it never occurred to me that they were transforming. To be fair, I've never seen a human before, but I have heard one of them describe it to me."

"Them? They? Who's they?"

"I'm sure you've met somepony by the name of Neon Lights and Vinyl Scratch, have you not?"

"Oh..." I remember saying the words Neon and Scratch... "I have, but I thought they were merely some lunatics, saying that they were turning into ponies."

"Well, since they never really mentioned that there was a transformation process involved with the dispelling of spells... You know what?"

"What?"

"I'm going to have to put you three together in one dream. Explaining all this to you has become an inconvenience." with that, the horn on Princess Luna's horn started to glow a bright blue. With that, a blinding flash engulfed me. Good thing that my eyes are actually closed because I'm sleeping.


I stand on a piece of ground. Unlike the white void, this looks like an amalgamation of different imaginations. Probably the result of combining other people's dreams together. One side is my dream, the one with a stage, the other one is some kind of Tae Kwon Doe or some Martial Arts dojo, and the other one was just the room of the apartment I was just at.

I heard the clopping of hooves approach me. "Well well well, if it isn't Walter." a white pony with cobalt-blue mane similar to the girl I saw earlier this night said, "I mean, now do you believe us?"

"Yeah, man. You didn't even give us a chance? Well... after removing your pants without consent, I'm pretty sure why you didn't." a pony with a light grey fur and a dark gray mane said to me.

"I guess..." still adjusting to this girly (but amazing) voice that I have. "Transforming into ponies? That's such a weird thought. Beats trying to apply for a job with an arts degree I guess."

Appeared before all of us is the blue pony princess herself. "Welcome all of you. I'm sure that you've all heard of me from my visits so no need for double introductions. Our duty here is to take you home to Equestria."

"Wait, before all this..." Vinyl said, "Why are we going home to Equestria? What happened and why are we the ones being taken home?"

The princess eyed Vinyl and sighed. "It's because of a madpony terrorizing different parts of Equestria by taking away all the talented musicians."

"So what, people can just live without us. I mean, I'm sure anybody can learn how to play instruments." says Neon Lights.

"Well, that is what you think, Sir Lights. Because of the relation of the missing ponies being musicians, the fillies are scared to pick up instruments in fear that they will disappear! Since nopony wants to learn music, the number of musicians will drop. With the madpony sending already existing musicians away to this world with a curse cast upon them, music will sadly cease to exist."

"That's kind of a stupid explanation." I said, "I mean, music, yeah, we all love it. But I don't think it's something that important in your world."

"It must be different in your world then." Princess Luna said, "Music is essential to the lives of everypony. Without it, their lives become colorless, mundane, until eventually the magic of music is gone."

"Oh wow, that's sooome exposition right there, Princess." I said before Princess Luna looked at me with a serious look.

"Okay, I changed my mind. Maybe it's understandable exposition."