• Published 10th Nov 2018
  • 691 Views, 24 Comments

Obsessed with the Beat - LunaScribbles



Vinyl Scratch is best pony! But I didn't say I wanted to become her!

  • ...
3
 24
 691

Track 2: Bang-arang

It was a Sunday morning...

I'm kind of worried about Vick. He's been acting strange recently. He yelled at me yesterday because of that god dang cartoon pony. Good thing he didn't take it against me though. I've been with him for 4 years and I know Vick when he's trying to hide his tears. I certainly god damn felt it when he was talking about that Vinyl Scratch pony. It was the same thing I felt when he was being put up in the air by that fucker Jack. The voice, the movement, and the face he made during those situations were one in the same.

Being beat up is as bad as insulting your favorite pony character? I sighed at the thought. God damn it, Vick. You really had me worried back there. Glad that I changed the topic so we could forget about it. I think I should say sorry regardless.

His apartment was around 7 blocks away from my house, nothing I can't handle on foot. If it was Vick, however, he couldn't even handle going out more than 2 blocks unless it's important. He'd use his car but I keep forgetting he doesn't earn too much and spends most of his earnings on Vinyl Scratch merchandise instead of, you know, gasoline. To be honest, I think I should really insert it into his head that he should stop buying Vinyl Scratch stuff.

Vinyl Scratch...

Vinyl...


I'm still pondering how I got hair this long. I mean, there are hair growth speed shampoo or something that exist somewhere, so it could be plausible. However, where does the tinted blue hair come in? For the mean time, I'm wearing a custom embroidered cap with Vinyl Scratch on it to keep all the long hair hidden. I then heard a knock on the door. Oh thank god, he's here.

I opened the door. "Oh, hey Vinyl." said Kent.

"Huh?" I said confused. "What did you just say?"

"I said Vick." he said with a straight face.

"Uh huh, likely story." I said squinting closely at him. Instead of trying to look deep into it, I just shrugged. "Whatever, I'm glad you're here."

"Alright... now tell me, what's Jack done... Oh." Kent looked up at my Vinyl Scratch hat. "Look, Vick, if you're going to talk about Vinyl Scratch again and get mad at me when I say something bad about her, I'm not gonna deal with it."

Is Kent being serious, right now? "Ugh! Just get in here!" I said as I pulled him inside.

"Look, I know you like Vinyl Scratch." For god's sake, this is seriously getting tired of this. "But I am not going to be the vice president of your Vinyl Scratch fan club." Ugh... Christ, Kent... I'll just take off my hat. "nor a senator of it... and if that's what you were going for then call me-- Jesus Christ! That hair!"

My hair fell from my head and on to my neck. Huh, it was bluer than it was the last time I checked. Maybe it's because it's some kind of dye that takes time to set in. Reverse invisible ink perhaps. I didn't treat it with too much attention because it still looked like it was black from afar. "When did you have the time to dye your hair yesterday? Let alone grow it so fast!?"

"That's the thing though... I had a dream about high school. Remember Jack?"

"Yeah, beat that schoolyard bully to the ground whenever he got close to you."

"After I woke up, my hair became like this! Well, it wasn't as blue as it was before... Also, oh yeah, nice hair style Kent. Just noticed it!"

Kent was surprised when I pointed out his hair. His hair was always spiky but never stylized. "Well, thanks. I guess there are times bedhead makes the hair look good on its own."

"Anyways, I was wondering if you'd stay out here just to see if anything comes in."

"Well, it is a Sunday. I got nothing to do so... Yeah, sure, why not."

"If this keeps up, I might have to use my vacation leave, or whatever, on my work at 7-11. I ain't going to show up with long blue hair and magenta eyes. Using cosplay as your daily attire doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look like an asshole!"

"Heh, sure sure, don't get your pussy in such a twist. I'm going to have a little sleepover here."


"Is cereal seriously the only thing you have here?" Kent said as he looked through my cupboards filled with cereal boxes of cheap knock-offs. "You are the saddest creature I've ever known."

"Well, I got 3 day old pizza." I said to him as I went to the fridge to get some. Much to Kent's disgust, I had no problems eating cold old pizza. Try saying that 10 times fast. I heard Kent mutter the words 'Jesus Christ' under his breath. Well, couldn't blame him. Kent's an athlete. He wants the healthy greens to grow big and strong. Well, Mr. Wallet can't give Kent the greens he desires at the moment so he's just gotta get used to it.

"Twelve, thirteen, fourteen." I heard Kent counting behind me. "Fifteen, Sixteen..."

"What'cha counting over there? My plushies?"

"No." Kent said as I heard the rustling of garbage bags. "The amount of cereal boxes you've used. And they're all the SAME BRAND."


You know what, pause... Or should I say, cue the record scratch sound effect.

So, maybe you don't know who we are completely. I'm not the kind of guy who likes introductions, but I'll go ahead anyway.

My name is Victor Camperson, age 19, college student studying architecture. I'm a bit introverted, but I never let it become an excuse to not try harder everyday. However, because of my introversion, I tend to keep everything to myself. Not many people know I make electronic music. That's mainly the reason why my favorite character is Vinyl Scratch. Making electronic music was already a hobby of mine before I even got into the show! Although Vinyl Scratch is a DJ, I'm more of the keyboard arranger type of guy.

Next up is Kent Light, age 18, college student studying philosophy. Calm and reserved with others, a total blabbermouth with me. He's coolheaded, and always does what his heart tells him to. Usually, that's not what I expected from people studying philosophy; to think with their hearts and not with their minds. Bah, what do I know about philosophy. Because he mostly thinks with his heart, he's a very kind person to be with. It's just that he always complains whenever my life seems so sad and boring, as if he wants things to be better for me. I kind of hate that about him because, for me, this is enough. I'm okay with eating cereal most of the time and working my bones off at the 7 eleven then having to study for tests afterwards... Okay, maybe that is not very good way to live my life. I'll keep note of that one. Right now, I have bigger things to attend to.

Now that introductions are in order, I best return to the story.


Sunday... Bloody Sundays... I thought to myself. It had to be a Sunday. Hopefully we get to the bottom of this and solve it before I have to go to college and work.

"It's about 9 pm, Vick. I'll keep an eye on you to see if anything happens."

"Thanks Kent!" I said as I yawned. "Well, hopefully once you catch Jack, if it even is his fault, we can stop this nonsense once and for all."

"Sure thing pal. I'm going to watch you like a hawk..." He said with a serious voice. "Before you sleep, I think you should do some cleaning in the interior. Your bedroom looks ugh-glee!"

Classic Kent.

I then passed out on my bed, grabbing the nearest thing I can hug which was, of course, a Vinyl Scratch plushie.