• Published 31st Aug 2015
  • 6,471 Views, 136 Comments

Of Bat and Shy: A Tale of Twins - Kamen rider yokai



I really should have never gone to that convention for now I have to avoid Celestia without her trying to kill me or fluttershy. Why did I have to get that dress.

  • ...
26
 136
 6,471

Chapter three a rift forms once again between teacher and student

White knight settled down on the front of the porch of the cottage and felt her friend hop off and bounce inside and she flew up to the rafters as the rabbit handed over the letter to the orange mare she remembered was applejack. The albino demon bat though her mistress didn't know that had learned about the farmer and the others from the bearer of kindness who is the twin of her mistress. Once applejack and pinkie had read the note they went wide eyed and rushed out of the cottage and headed to the golden oaks library and white knight followed. She settled in the rafters and watched as they interrupted spike from opening a just received message.

"Sugarcube! Don't read that letter just yet! Read this message we got from fluttershy" said applejack handing over the message.

Twilight read the note going wide eyed at what she read recognizing fluttershy's handwriting easily and there was a after note in completely different handwriting that explained flutterbat's side of the story and sweatdropped at her mentors actions.

Yeah this is from fluttershy alright it's her handwriting so she had a long lost vampony twin sister and was taking her to her parents to finally meet but the princess ran into flutterbat alone and confused her for fluttershy. You knew fluttershy longer then I have would she lie about this" asked twilight confused.

"Yeah we knew her since she moved in and she's even worse at lying then I am if she sends a message then it's definitely true she can't even lie in her letters. But what I don't get is why the princess was in fillydelphia in the first place. Flutterbat said supernatural beings attract each other and we know how true that is what with tartarus and the everfree being near town" said applejack.

"Maybe the letter from the princess can tell us" said twilight.

She took the letter from spike and cleared her throat as she read the letter.

"Dear twilight
On one of my rutine trips to check on the status of fillydelphea I ran into fluttershy only she looked very different and I could sense darkness on her being. She said a funny story about not being fluttershy but her lost twin sister but there was no fooling my magical senses I will admit she did pull off a flight speed worthy of rainbow dash which surprised me but a few moments later I tracked her to lunar beam's residence who must have been controlled to think he was fluttershy's farther. Lunar beam is the head of the night guard stationed at fillydelphea and actually told me he was resigning from the guard. I had no choice but to personally put him and fluttershy's mother shy heart under house arrest with my personal forcefield spell! I ask that you and the others track down fluttershy and use the elements to purge the dark influence on her. Signed princess celestia.... well looks like flutterbat was right the princess jumped to conclusions twins actually have very identical or similar magical fields which of it was for the twins at the spa being inversed of each other ponies wouldn't be able to tell them apart" said twilight.

A smaller note fell out of the note fluttershy sent.

"Huh p.s. ask about sunset shimmer and say you heard the name in passing in your younger years but was so busy with studies that you forgot to ask about her signed flutterbat." Read twilight blinking.

"Actually that bit is true I did hear that name in passing a few times" said twilight shocked.

"Applejack and pinkie go get rainbow and rarity were heading to canterlot" said twilight. That was all white knight needed to hear and flew off following her bond to her mistress.

--------------------------

Twilight and the mane six minus fluttershy headed over to canterlot and twilight hoped that asking about sunset shimmer under the guise of needing a destraction for what they are going to do was going to go without a hitch.

"Princess we came as quick as we could though I had to find dash first her random scedule makes finding her when she's needed hard" said twilight with a troubled look and not without a small glare at the pegasus.

"Being weather manager isn't as easy as you think! We have to carefully make sure the weather doesn't cause disaster like hurricanes or tornadoes. One mistake and it can get out of conttol! I know I seem lazy most of the time but you don't know how much stress comes with my job!" Said Rainbow glaring.

"Wait is that why you tend to be found sleeping most afternoons. You were trying to wind down for your job? Guess practicing for the wonderbolts also helps you relax" asked applejack surprised.

"Wow you learn something new everyday" said pinkie tilting her head.

"Girls pick up the elements I need to talk with the princess for a bit" said twilight and as the four mares went off twilight turned to her mentor as they went to the throne room.

" princess Celestia before we leave to track down fluttershy can you tell me about sunset shimmer? I heard the name in passing a few times but with my studies I couldn't find time to ask. the name sounds similar to mine in concept" said twilight and Celestia knew she was trying to get her mind off the task she set out.

"Sunset shimmer is the student I took before you. She was much like you only as she learned more she was starting to get impatient I tried to tell her that power wasn't everything but she didn't listen. One day she just vanished and I have no idea where she had gone. Her skill was fire magic which I should have remembered reflects the personality of ponies attuned to them. Like the magic she wields. If not handled carefully it can grow out of control her desires also grew out of control. Your talent is general magic but you are somewhat attuned to fire as well. Applejack sent a letter about your temper getting the better of you and had undergone a physical transformation. White fur with red eyes and your mane and tail became flames. Her exact description. Oddly she said your cutie mark vanished in this transformed state" said celestia.

"Really? I didn't even notice though that explains why I had soot on me when I tried to understand pinkie's sixth sense" said twilight.

Twilight sighed as they left canterlot and tried to think about where to find fluttershy.

"Girls I hate to admit it but the princess isn't looking at all the angles. I am getting a bad feeling that sooner or later my trust in the princess is going to be not as it was when I was studying under her in canterlot" said twilight.

"Dear we will still be by your side though I didn't know fluttershy had a twin sister. Though finding out she was half threstral is a surprise" said rarity.

"Not only that but this flutterbat is a naturally born vampony when from what I remember vamponies were usually created and it took centuries before they had rational thought again. They were formed by a curse placed on a settlement of ponies some 300 years back in what's now known as transylmania it's very rare to be born one instead of cursed. Threstrals today are pegasus ponies that resemble vamponies just more nocturnal and don't even have a hint of vampirism in their being. The only reason I can think of how flutterbat is a vampony is that fluttershy's mother shy heart is decended from a vampony and it was by chance the blood woke in flutterbat. Otherwise she would look exactly like fluttershy and be hard to tell apart. Flutterbat must be in a black outfit as vamponies are drawn to those kind of outfits due to being masters of stealth. If the flutter twins as I'm now nicknaming the two are in hiding it is going to be a while to find them" said twilight.

"Why don't we try manehatten didn't fluttershy mentioning meeting flutterbat there for the first time in her letter? Plus wasn't the local coven there taken out so they may head to the place the coven used to be to hide" asked rainbow.

"Good thinking I can ask my cousin dark hunter and tell him that we are on the twins side. He's a friend of fluttershy's farther and works as a vampire hunter he was the one who took out that coven" said twilight.

"Wait lunar beam must have asked him to help fluttershy and flutterbat as well." Said pinkie thinking.

"Good thing I trust dark otherwise It would be hard to contact fluttershy" said twilight.

"I hope so Sugarcube or we might be in trouble" said applejack.

(End chapter)

Author's Note:

I'm sorry but this next few chapters may take a while my mother is currently in the hospital and I'm trying to get any news on her condition. Her odds are looking a bit grim.