• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 8,679 Views, 270 Comments

The Guardian's story - Lon35hadow



You know the drill: guy goes to convention dressed up, buys something, and is sent to Equestria. The difference: I became three different people

  • ...
45
 270
 8,679

The new bearers/To break a sun

Nightmare and I left the castle she had been staying in since her banishment, the ship waiting with its bay door down, Rhino, Applejack, Cybis, and Twilight inside. "Are you certain your subjects will accept me," Nightmare asked me.

"Yeah," I said. "Though, to be fair, it would be a surprise for them, as they don't know of you, or at least that we came here to get you, princess."

"There is no need for that, Josh," Nightmare said. "You are royalty too, after all."

"Yeah, but, hey, I was always polite to my friends," I said, shrugging. "And besides, you deserve to be shown some amount of kindness, given what happened to you." Her face took on a somber look. "Sorry," I said.

"No, it is alright," she said. "Lone was right. It's time I moved on from the past, and looked towards the future."

"Well, if it's any consolation," I said, "in my opinion, the future looks bright." With that, we arrived at the ship.

"About time," Rhino said. "We thought you wanted to stay up here, maybe have a date or two."

I had put my helmet back on on they way to the ship, so they couldn't see my cheeks flare up, but, regardless, I raised my middle finger, getting a, if I may say, somewhat weird, but not creepy, laugh from Rhino, chuckles from Twilight and Applejack, and a laugh from Cybis and the Ghosts. I don't know if Nightmare blushed, but I imagine she did.

"Rhino, shut it," I said. "Ghosts, get the ship ready, and Nolandroid, make sure Celestia and the others are there, with Fire team Disciple as guards."

"Roger," the Ghosts said as they transmatted into the ship, closing the main door and starting the engines. "Everyone else," I said as Nolandroid transmatted my solar devastation armor, the same I had worn when I arrived, on. "Get ready to fight a goddess," I said, the Nighthawk eyes glowing.


An hour later-Celestia

Celestia stood in the grounds outside the Tower, along with the Griffon, Dragon, Minotaur, and Saddle Arabian ambassadors to the Guardians. She had gotten a letter from Forge's fire team, who were present for guard duty, that told her something of great importance was going to happen here, and they wanted her to be there.

She had been waiting for thirty minutes when she heard the roar of what she recognized as engines from above, and looked up. What she saw was a red ship with the Hunter sub-emblem coming down for a landing inside the tower. At least I'll soon find out what happened up there, she thought, the Elements still held by her magic.

Josh

"Okay, people," I said. "Get ready. Nolandroid, get Nexus, tell him to get the spell ready, and have the dress Fleur made at the hanger yesterday. Tara, Mangala armor with Sahara and Pompeii. Dinklebot, make sure Celestia's here. Applejack, once we land, get with Forge and the others. Rhino, Cybis, helmets off but supers at the ready. Twilight, once you get hit by the spell, with Applejack." As they nodded, I turned to Nightmare. "And Nightmare, you'll be coming with me, get introduced, and then the spell will affect you, which will cause a flash, which is when your new dress will be put on by Fleur, a friend of ours and a tailor. The dress is because of a taboo in our culture that basically makes nudity illegal by anything with a human shape."

"Fine, but only because I do not wish to break any laws," Nightmare said.

I nodded. "Hey, I can't help what my kind call taboo," I said, my arms spread. "Besides, Fleur made a dress just for this, and is one of the only citizens under us that know of what we were doing. For the rest of them, it's a surprise, and we want you at your best, right?"

"I suppose," Nightmare said as the ship landed and the door opened. I guess Forge had told Fleur and Nexus, the mage that had stayed with us, that we would need them.

"Okay, to your positions, people," I said. "Twilight, stay here."

They nodded and left the ship, with Fleur and Nexus coming board. "Hey guys," I said.

"Hello, Josh," Nexus said before bowing to Nightmare. "It is an honor, your majesty."

Fleur bowed as well. "As it is with me as well, your highness."(1)

Nexus wore robes that went with his position of mage rather well, and Fleur wore a knee length, sleeveless white dress. "Nightmare, this is Nexus and Fleur, the two who'll be helping with everything."

She examined the two with a raised eyebrow before saying. "It is a pleasure to meet the two of you as well."

Well, could have bee- no, not saying it. I will not invoke Murphy's law right now, not when everything's going well.

"Thank you, your highness," Nexus said.

It was here that Nolandroid came back. Thank god Ghosts can pseudo-teleport. "Got the armor," he said, transmatting the Mangala armor with the Cloak of the Cosmonaut with the Bandit Mk. 36 Hand Cannon, the Nox Cantor III fusion rifle, the lights on the side indicating it did arc damage, and a Breaker SA/3 launcher. "Also, thought I'd let you guys know, the others spread the word, and the civilians are gathering with the delegates."

"I had hoped for that," I said before turning to look at Nexus. "Nexus, spell on Twilight. Nolandroid, get the armor on her just as it's finished."

"Uh, did you forget about me?" Spike asked, appearing. I still find it weird that the Spike I know is a Ghost and not a dragon, even years after meeting him.

"You don't know how to transmat stuff," Nolandroid said. "We don't want to risk anything."

"I guess," Spike said.

I nodded. "Right. Hit it, Nexus." He nodded, and lit his horn with an amber like aura, the same color surrounding Twilight, who was then consumed in a bright light. Just as it faded, Nolandroid transmatted the uncommons. When the light faded, Twilight, now an anthro, stood there in her armor.

"Huh. Nice look," Spike said.

"Thanks, Spike," Twilight said. "So, uh, where's AJ?"

"Nolandroid?"

"On it," he said. "Just follow me, Twilight." With that, Nolandroid left, Spike and Twilight following him.

"And for the rest of us, let's go," I said, and the four of us made our way to the balcony the announcement would be made from. As we made our way there, Nolandroid returned. "Guards are in place, and Titans with suppression grenades are ready, and bladedancers are cloaked." Never hurts to be prepared.

"Right," I said. "Rhino and Cybis?"

"Waiting for you and Nightmare," he replied.

"Good."

With that, we made it to the balcony. "Nightmare, stay here for now. Let us introduce you."

"Fine," she said.

"Thanks," I said, and headed out.

When I stepped out into the sunlight, I saw all of the ponies that were under the rule of the Vanguard, the various delegates to us from other countries, and even some of Celestia's ponies, including Applejack's family. And, much as I had expected and obviously planned for, Celestia herself. I let a grin come to my face. Let the shit storm commence, I say!

As our ponies got a sight of me, they began to cheer, but I quickly held up my hand, which quickly quieted the mass. "First off," I said with a voice that matched the RCV, given my location, "I want to thank everyone who's here for coming, and apologize if you were in the middle of something important," one-oh, me beating Celestia, "and I want to welcome our friends from other countries, as what is happening will impact all of us." I let a slightly devilish grin come to my face. "But first, in order to understand what it is, you must know of a betrayal from a thousand years ago." Even at this distance, I saw Celestia's eye widen. I took a deep breath, and began. "For those of you who don't know simply because of cultural differences, the ponies of both Equestria and the Vaguard have a holiday, Nightmare Night, which celebrates the defeat of the mythical," me call bull, "Nightmare Moon. What no one knows, is this: She was a real pony, not some kind of corrupted version of another, like the stories go. Now, a week ago, we picked up something on the moon, and we investigated today, on the day before that same holiday, and what we found has made me and my friends and co-rulers rethink everything." Not a lie, just sensitively phrased is all. "What we found was the truth, one lost to both history, and the lies of the victor." I saw Celestia become panicked. Time for the kill. "What, or, more accurately, who we found was none other then Nightmare Moon, alicorn of the night, former co-ruler of Equestria, now one of the Vanguard co-rulers," Nightmare walked out here. "And, most damning, sister to the alicorn of the sun and princess of Equestria-" I stopped here as the light of the transformation spell appeared, and a small flash of teleportation, with anthro Nightmare, in a regal, navy blue dress that went to the floor with no sleeves. "Princess Celestia!"

A loud gasp was heard, and I saw ponies, Griffons, the one Dragon, and Saddle Arabians that were close to her move away, the ponies being both ours, and hers.

"I did not betray my sister!" she yelled, though we both knew it was a lie, assuming she hadn't deluded herself to thinking that was the truth. To my surprise, she brought out the Elements.

Knew we should have gone after them before this, I thought.

"And I am sorry to say you three have been controlled be her," she said as she rose up, flying equal with where the balcony was, "And it would seem I must banish the four of you."

"Nightmare, get out of here," I said as the helmets of Rhino, Cybis, and I appeared, my Nighthawk eyes glowing. I summoned my void bow and pointed it at Celestia, Cybis created a nova bomb in his hands, but contained it, while void energy surrounded Rhino's hands. "We'll cover you."

Nightmare nodded, but Celestia said, "You will not get away to harm any of my little ponies, Nightmare!" just as I saw a charge building up in the Elements.

She fired a Harmony beam, and I saw a light blue and orange blur streak by me. The next thing i saw was Rhino, using his lift to stay airborne, and a defender dome around him. "Rhino, get out of there!" Cybis yelled.

"No way," Rhino said, his gaze locked ahead as the beam struck. "You guys go. I'll make sure you get away."

"Damn it," I said. "Titans, knock her abilities out!" I yelled, and I saw numerous suppression grenades fly up, but Celestia caught them in her magic, and kept them in the air, not letting them fall. Have to give her credit, at least she doesn't harm those she knows are innocent.

Before I myself could try something, I saw the beam completely destroy Rhino's bubble, and he was consumed. "No!" Cybis and I yelled. "You'll pay for that, Celestia," I said as I fired my arrow. Even with it's slight tracking, she avoided it, and I saw her charge another shot.

"Oh no you don't," I heard a familiar voice say as a flaming hammer made it's way to Celestia. It didn't hit her, but she did lose concentration, and the surprise made her stop flapping, which had her fall. She stopped herself just before she hit the ground. I looked to Cybis and we both nodded, and jumped off the balcony, landing beside Rhino, who's armor wasn't harmed at all.

"Hammer of Sol," Cybis asked.

"Yep," Rhino said. "No idea how, though."

"I say we ask Celestia," I said as the three of us and the other Guardians made our way to where Celestia had landed. What I saw was Celestia on her hooves, but I guess she was weak from that first shot, and had barely been able to charge the second.

"So, you have been corrupted," she said.

I shook my head as Nightmare flew down beside us. "No, we aren't," I said. "We did this of our own will, Celestia. You're lucky we won't declare war on you. If we did, we both know who would win."

"You'd never win," she said. "Light overcomes darkness every time."

"But what about when one uses both," I said. "All of our abilities use both light and dark magic, thus creating true harmony magic, not what you think it is. And besides, we wouldn't rewrite another pony's mind just so we can have a perfect sibling."

"I was trying to save Luna."

"Who is but a fake personality of mine, sister," Nightmare said. "It is because of that you used the Elements on me, not to stop eternal night. Both of us knew then that a lunar eclipse with our moon would do no harm."

"Celestia if you want to avoid war," Cybis said, "you'll leave now, and leave the Elements here."

"Only if you tell me what you did with my Twilight!"

"I'm not your's, princess," Twilight said as she and Applejack strode up the the rest of us. "They didn't do anything to me. I snuck away on one of their ships when they went to the moon, and I decided to become a Guardian of my own will. If anything, they just opened my eyes." As much as I don't like Celestia, not even I would have been that blunt.

"Okay, what's going on," I heard Applejack say, which made me look around, and my eyes fell upon the Elements, which were glowing brightly.

"No idea," I said as the six of us stepped back in one direction, and Celestia in the other. At least she wasn't causing this, Not sure if that's good or bad. "Run, now," I said, but before we could, the Elements flew towards us. I don't know what happened to the others, but I was surrounded by a pink orb, and I felt intense heat on my back. When the orb faded, I looked back, and, to my surprise, I saw a pink cloak. Before I go further, I should point out that, unlike many guys, I see nothing girly about pink. Hell, pink was once considered a manly color, it starting to be considered girly because of advertisements. I shit you not. The design was of the Hunter symbol, and it was a hot pink. "Celestia, I think it's time you leave," I said, but I guess she already left, as I didn't hear anything, nor did I see her when I looked to where I last saw her. I looked at the others, and Twilight's cloak was now violet with pink high lights, a starburst in the center.

Cybis' bond now had a purple, holographic Warlock symbol coming from it, as well as purple lining on the very outside of the bond itself.

Rhino's mark was now ruby red, and had the Titan symbol, with white where any other color would normally be, on it. Applejack's was now orange, and looked like it was made of cloth, or whatever was used in Titan marks, instead of that hologram shit that made up the VoG mark, and had a white and black Vanguard honor symbol there.

It was Nightmare who changed the most, though. She wore the robes of a Warlock, more accurately, the Bindcaster armor from TTK, and her bond was a cyan blue, the symbol being a crescent moon.

The realization hit me like a Phalanx shield. We were the bearers of the Elements, now.

Author's Note:

1: I got no idea what a french accent sounds like, so sue me.
And the music was the only thing I could come up with for the scene