• Published 1st Sep 2015
  • 8,658 Views, 270 Comments

The Guardian's story - Lon35hadow



You know the drill: guy goes to convention dressed up, buys something, and is sent to Equestria. The difference: I became three different people

  • ...
45
 270
 8,658

Final past battle Pt3- Here we go again

As my sword clashed with the bone sword of my mirror counterpart, I tuned everything but my link with Rhino and Cybis and my focus on my opponent out. As our swords locked, I was able to feel the Darkness and Light coming off of Mirror me in equal measure, while our swords radiated pure Darkness. "You know, even considering what happened back in our Equestria," Mirror me said, "I'm surprised you're using a Taken weapon. What, did you trick this Oryx into giving it to you, because I doubt he'd do so otherwise."

"Yet you have a willbreaker," I pointed out.

"Yeah, well, we contacted him before he sent Crota there to see if his daughter was or was not just a control freak," he said before he kneed me in the gut, and kicked me away. "The fact we made him think Sombra was an ally of hers just as you went to fight him just helped."

As I got on my knee from the kick, I looked at him. "You're manipulating him? Why?"

"Because we were told to, simple as that," he replied before trying to slice my head off, which I barely avoided with a normal roll. Odd, as I was trying to do a shadestep. For now, going to chock it up to. . .yeah, I don't know, trouble focusing on my subclass. A first, I know. "You honestly think that Discord, Harmony, and Oryx are the only beings-organic ones, I mean-who can freely travel between dimensions? The merchants come from the birth place of the first two, for christ's sake! How else do you think they can teleport other people to Equestria?"

"So, a merchant put you up to this?" I asked as I got back on my feet, trying to reach my Golden gun super, but I couldn't feel it where it would be.

"No, they're too low on that place's hierarchy to order us Displaced to kill each other and change a universe to their whims," he answered. "Only beings with power levels around or higher then Harmony's can do that, and she's in the top tier. Oryx isn't even in the top ten."

"So, who ordered you, then?"

"You seriously think I'll tell you?" he asked. "You'd have better luck with a rock in bed," he said before shade stepping close to me, and spinning around, trying to cut me in half before I jumped back to avoid it. "Though I will give you a hint," he said as he stopped spinning, and our blades locked again. "Matter," was all he said. "Try to figure it out before we are ordered to kill you. 'Cause right now, they just said to have fun with you a-holes."

"You guys are dicks."

He shrugged. "Been called worse," he replied before he blinked behind me, and I felt something stab me. I looked down, and saw Willbreaker pointing out of my stomach.

"I thought you said you weren't ordered to kill me," I growled as my vision went dark.

"Yeah, I was told to have fun," he whispered in my ear. "But we're gamers who once played shooters. For us, killing our opponents is fun."

With that, he pulled his blade out of me, and I fell to the ground. The last thing I saw was him kneeling down next to me. "By the way, we made it to where Nightmare and the others are watching this. Hope you said you're goodbyes," he said before he got up, and I felt a cold hit my neck for a split second before nothing but darkness.

Rhino

I felt a stab in my head as I blocked one of the fists from my counterpart, and he blocked one of mine. You guys alright? I asked over the link.

Yeah, but i don't think Josh is? You see him?

Busy not getting my lights literally punched out, I replied. Let's just hope he's able to hold out.

Agreed, Cybis replied before we cut the link to focus on the current fight.

"You know, you're as strong as I thought you'd be," Mirror me said as our heads were nearly touching one another.

"You too," I replied. "Shame we're fighting to the death, then, huh?"

"A little," he answered. "But where one of you dies, another survives. Hopefully, ones that will become our allies."

"Same to you," I answered before rearing my head back in an attempt to headbutt him as he did the same. Our heads met with enough force to crack the casing of our metallic skulls, revealing a little of the wiring and letting a small red glow escape. "So, a stalemate?" I asked.

"Ordinarily, yes," he said. "Josh, care to show him why this isn't ordinary?"

"On it," I heard him say before I felt my arms get ripped in half with an expert cut to where the mirror me wasn't harmed in anyway. I was then punched back, and fell on my back.

"Before you ask," Mirror Josh said, "the reason I was able to overpower your Josh easily is because I have a little help from our boss, and only one of us needed a boost." Before I could say anything, Mirror me drew his Willbreaker from the void, and stabbed me in the chest, right where my power source was.

Still, thanks for the fight," he said just before the world began to flicker, and eventually went dark.

Cybis

And there's that pain again, only this time, it's in my chest. Guys? asked over the link, only to get silence. Oh, please just let it be they're to focused on their fights.

Mine was nothing special. You know, if you consider two people trying to crush the other to a pulp using force waves as ordinary, that is.

"Just like Morinth and Samara from Mass Effect, isn't it?" I asked.

"Yep," Mirror me replied as our energy waves were stuck in the middle between us. Of course, we had to yell to be heard. "So, who'd you guys save!?"

"Samara!" I relied. "You?!"

"Morinth! Which, by the way, is how this is going to end!"

"What, the one who saved Morinth dying!?"

"Nope!" he yelled back as I was kicked in my side, breaking my concentration and hitting me with enough force to send me crashing into the dome's wall, a few ribs breaking as I hit it. "Us surviving, and Samara dying."

"Damn it," I muttered as I held a hand to my left side, where I felt the most ribs broken. I looked up, and saw all three Mirror versions of ourselves, their own Willbreakers in hand, smirks on the faces of the organic ones.

"You know, for guys who were able to beat one embodiment of the Traveler," Mirror Josh said, "I thought they'd be tougher. AT least to the point it would be believable the only way we'd get out of this alive is by killing them?"

"That why you gave his Josh a hint?" Mirror Rhino asked.

"Yep," the Hunter replied. "Guess it doesn't matter now, though."

"So, going to kill me next?" I asked with a snarl as i tried to get up, only to fall to my knees and cough up blood.

"Assuming you don't die before that," Mirror me said as he walked beside me. "You know, I figured you'd fight better than this," he said in a whisper. "After all, once we're done here, we're going to your world, and we're going to burn it to the ground. Hell, may even keep your loves as our pets. After all, our versions kinda wanted to kill us." He then raised his blade, and spoke up to where the other two could hear it, along with, quite possibly, those outside the bubble. "If you're smart, stay dead."

I didn't listen though, my mind focused on what he said he and his allies would do to the others. Twilight, Nightmare, Applejack. They may be Guardians, but, against an army? Well, look at Twilight Gap and the effort to retake the Moon in game. Still nothing I could- or can- do about it. I had tried to access my Arc abilities to supercharge me attacks earlier, just as the fight was starting, but failed to even connect to it. Same with Solar. I had been about to try Void before this. Doubt it'd work.

Never hurts to try, I heard a voice- Harmony, I think- say in my head. After all, Guardians have done the impossible before, have they not?

I weakly chuckled. Yeah, I guess. With that, I tapped into my Void abilities, but it felt. . different. Still, I can feel it, which is better than the other two.

As I tapped it, I could feel my wounds heal, and myself teleport away just as the blade struck where I had been, with myself now standing up.

"You asshats want a fight?" I asked in a growl as a new instinct emerged, and I felt two things grow in my hand. "Then you got it."

With that, I threw the two things- which I saw were glaives colored purple with black and white accents- at what I thought were random places before I saw two orbs of blue at them. Tara and Noland, waiting for Guardian Light to revive Josh and Rhino. I guess the Darkness, as that's what I'm sure the Glaives were made of, will have to do.

The Glaives hit, and, in the usual flash of revival, Josh and Rhino-my Josh and Rhino- were alive once more.

"The fuck?" I heard the Mirror versions exclaim and my allies say over the mind link in confusion.

"So, Darkness abilities, then," I muttered as I looked at my hands before an evil grin crossed my face. "Me like." I then looked at my allies. "Darkness abilities, far as I can tell guys! Alternate of one of our types!"

"What?" Mirror Josh said. "You shouldn't have those!"

"Why not?" I asked, my tone going to that of a serial killer. "We have both the Light and Darkness. Why not have subclasses for both." I looked at my allies. "I'll buy you guys time while you figure it out!" I yelled before I charged at our mirror versions.

As I reached them, I ducked under their blades with the grace of a Hunter in Arc blade before meleeing the Hunter, who promptly hit me with his knife in my chest.

"Gah, what the hell!" he exclaimed as a wound appeared where he had hit me, only on him.

"Oh, an ability that causes you assholes to take whatever melee damage you dish out," I said, a Joker like grin on my face. "I'm going to enjoy this."

Josh

"I'm not sure what's more terrifying," I whispered to Rhino. "The fact we actually died and then came back when we shouldn't have, or Cybis right now."

"I'm leaning towards Cybis," Rhino said. "Willing to risk those Darkness abilities?"

"If it'll help protect Nightmare and the others," I said before reaching to my Arc abilities, the only ones I could feel now. I tapped those that felt more. . . dark, for lack of a better term, and felt lightning gather around my right hand. I looked, and saw a spear made of electricity. "Impressive," I commented. "Means you're probably solar, Rhino," I said. Now, let's test this baby out. i raised my right hand next to my head, and drew back as I brought my left hand up, my thump pointing upwards. As I aimed, I saw Cybis dancing around the blades of our mirror selves with little effort, or, after hitting one of them, let them retaliate, only for them to stagger back as if hit instead. I then threw the spear.

It hit just behind where Cybis was, his back turned to its impact zone, and created a storm cloud that created lightning bolts that arched to the mirror Guardians.

Cybis looked back at us. I gave him a thumbs up, which he mirrored in response.

"Coming through!" Rhino yelled as he charged at where our enemies were still recovering. He then jumped up before landing in the middle of the four, and smashed the ground, creating a storm colored red and black, bolts of similarly colored lightning arching out and striking our enemies.

Three seconds it faded, and Mirror me, Mirror Cybis, and Mirror Rhino were smoking from the electricity they had taken.

"Well, that was interesting," Mirror me said. "Can't wait to see what happens next. Don't mistake this for cowardice, though. We know when we're screwed." With that, he and the other two vanished in a flash of light, and the Void bubble collapsed, allowing us to see that some timely reinforcements had arrived while we were stuck in there to help Celestia and the others. Said reinforcements Taken versions of Hive and base Hive, along with Malok and Oryx's sisters, though they had shrunken down to be able to fit in here.

"So, it seems you three were able to triumph," we heard Celestia behind us. We turned, and, to our somewhat surprise, we saw her in her Hive form, which was really just the same as Sekana from our mirrorverse, What really surprised us, though, was Luna wasn't there. Nightmare, though was. "It seems those gifts father gave you helped. And I do not mean the swords."

What?" the three of us asked. "Also, Nightmare, we're surprised you revealed your true form."

She shrugged. "Needed a power boost, and the illusion spell to keep Luna up took more than one would think."

Sekana- she's got a Hive form, so I use her Hive name- then answered us.

"Yes.. Those new abilities you three have were placed in you when father gave you those swords."

"But why?" Rhino asked.

"Because I asked him to," we heard Harmony say as we saw the Element gems hover in. "You three forget, I can see the future, and, as your mirror duplicates told you, Oryx, or at least most interpretations of him, are aware of where I live, and many of them are allied with me. The one here included. That's why Oryx spared you, Josh. He sensed my energies in you. After Sekana's meeting with him and before yours, I talked with him in private-I can talk to anyone in their mind if they allow me to- and told him of what would happen here."

"So we have you to thank for our new abilities?" Cybis asked.

"Yes, I-" Harmony began before Rhino punched Magic.

"That's for not telling us so we could use them before we got killed in there," he said.

"You're lucky that was justified," Harmony said, "or I'd vaporize you here and now." We heard a sigh. "Still, I am glad everyone is safe, relatively speaking. There are a few wounds and missing limbs, but nothing life threatning."

"Yeah, I guess that's good," I said. "So, were they really showing what was going on to the others back home?"

"Yes," Harmony said. "They saw everything, including your deaths, Rhino, Josh, and your new abilities."

"Okay, then," Cybis said. "So, since we should get home soon as possible, do you still have that thing you need help with?"

"Yes," Harmony said. "I've been able to arrange it to where some of my allies will be able to get your weapons there just after you all."

"Good," Cybis said. "Then get us there already."

"A little more hostile, Cybis?" Sekana asked.

"Residual overflow from his first Darkness activation," Harmony said. "Josh isn't affected because his psyche is the main one in their fusion, and Rhino because he's a machine."

"Yeah, yeah, just get us there."

"Since your so impatient, then," Harmony said, annoyance in her voice before a portal opened up under Cybis' legs, and he fell through.

"FUUUUUUUUUUU-" was all we heard before he got out of ear shot.

"Well," I said, "thanks, you two, for letting us stay here. You especially, Sekana, considering."

"We should be the ones thanking you, Josh," she said, holding a three fingered hand up. "If you hadn't arrived, then who knows what might have happened."

"Us," Rhino said before I slapped him upside the head. "What? It's true!"

"Regardless," I said, glaring at him. "If we can, and if you're willing, we'll visit you guys later on in this time line. Maybe around a thousand years from now. Time travel, and all that bullshit."

"Yes, well," Nightmare said with a chuckle. "my family and I will welcome you."

"Yes, father and I have talked," Sekana said, "and, since you helped us and are able to use the Darkness, he said you three are welcome whenever you wish. So long as you don't bring war."

I chuckled. "We won't," I said before doing a two fingered salute. "See you later, then." With that, Rhino and I jumped down the hole to where ever it was Harmony wanted us.


The Void

Three figures knelt in front of a large shadow whose features could not be identified. "You say Harmony's soldiers now have even more of the Darkness at their disposal?" it asked the three.

"Yes," the middle, who was Mirror Josh, replied. "To be honest, sir, it wasn't expected."

"I know," the shadow replied. "That's why you three are still alive. . . . Return to the Oryx you are allied with, and continue the subterfuge. Harmony' soldiers can not be allowed to fully come together."

"Yes, my lord," the three Mirror Guardians said before vanishing, and the shadow chuckled.

"And so our little game continues, Harmony," it said. "Your move, whether you know it or not. Use it well."

Author's Note:

New abilities are those shown in this video:

To balance it out, they will have only the Light and Dark version of those types. In other words, Cybis will only have access to Void, Rhino to Solar, and Josh to Arc.
Now, for story related stuff: the next few chapters-exact number not decided-will be crossovers with one or two of my stories. Maybe three if I get my new one to the point I need it by then. Regardless, I hope you all liked the Paradox arc, and I hope you like the introduction of a new faction in all this. Now, if you've been one of my first followers or read my first story, you already know the name of the new villain. If so, don't say so. No spoilers, as he won't fully be revealed until phase two of my Displaced stories are done. Until next time.