• Published 8th Oct 2015
  • 450 Views, 2 Comments

Knights of the Elements - ShadowWalking18



Twilight finds herself pulled into a journey to find her friends and save the world.

  • ...
4
 2
 450

Prolouge

Walking down the street of the city of Canterlot, a single young girl stared intently into a book. She wore the school uniform of Crystal Prep, and had her hair up in a bun, with strands of hair sticking out unkempt. The girl adjusted her glasses, before turning the page of her book as she paused briefly to check in front of her. She stopped at the beginning of the cross walk, waiting quietly for the light to change.

Around her other people gathered, girls and boys, who talked amongst each other. Some wearing a similar uniform to hers, but the girl ignored them all; as they she. This girl is Twilight Sparkle, and frankly she wasn't one to engage in....conversation. Especially with other people outside her family.

People were noisy. Distracting and sometimes even obnoxious. Books were quiet and didn't hide their meanings in confusing body language or false words. They didn't judge or make you feel less. Frankly to Twilight, books were far better then people.

The sound of the light changing, and the sign to WALK coming up and starting to count down from twenty, brought Twilight up from her book enough to set her path and walk forward; before looking right back at her literature.

Twilight was so engrossed in her reading, that by the time she registered the blaring horn of the large hauler truck, bearing down on her, it was already inches from crashing into her body. Around her she saw other kids jumping out of the way and screaming, and the cold metal of the grill of the truck.

The horn blared again, and Twilight closed her eyes tight as she screamed. She knew she couldn't avoid the truck before it collided with her, and tears ran down her eyes as she thought of her family. Her life and worse all the books she still had to read. All of that lost to the actions of some reckless driver.

With her eyes shut, Twilight could the only feel something wrapping arms around her and the feeling of her body flying off its feet as impact struck and pain slamming into ground and rolling across the road. And at the end the fading sound of the blaring horn of the truck.

Twilight lay there, pain racing through her body, and her mind swimming, yet she did not feel dead. Yet, then again, death was not something she had experienced. Was this her mind merely going through its last electrical impulses and feelings before her consciousness faded and she died?

"Oh my god! Quick call an ambulance!"

"Did you see that!? It went right for her!"

"Oh my god! Oh my god!"

Twilight heard that and more, some screams, others questions and the sounds of feet rushing towards her.

"Hey, I think she is okay. Hang on okay, the ambulance is on the way." A voice said.

Twilight groaned, and her eyes flickered open. Her body was still a mess of pain, but a ragged breath of air told her that she was still breathing. Around her she saw people near her, looking at her with concern. On the road her book bag and stuff were scattered everywhere, her book a torn mess of papers and covering.

And not far from her, she saw the still and broken body of a boy, probably her age, laying still on the ground. Eyes glazing, and staring into hers. Twilight felt her eyes widen and her heart racing.

Dead. He was dead. That boy had died to save her?

"Hey! Hey kid, look at me. Come on, don't black out on me." Someone said, as sirens began to wail around her. Twilight looked up just a moment, to see the figures of hospital workers pushing people out of the way and kneeling down to help her onto a stretcher. Twilight let them, as her body was in too much pain to do anything but lay still. She watched some other workers take the boys body into an ambulance, before finally she blacked out.


When Twilight awoke, her mind felt fuzzy and it was difficult to focus or hear. Her body didn't seem to hurt, but she felt like she couldn't move either. It was as if her mind was separate from her body.

She could see her family, her mother and father. Her little brother, Spike, who stood by her as she lay on a bed in what she assumed was the hospital. On the other side stood a doctor, who talked with her parents. She couldn't make out the words, but though her mother wiped at tear stained eyes, and her father held her mother close. She could see that there were smiles on their faces. Did that mean she was going to live?

She wanted to call out to them. After such a traumatic experience, she wanted only to talk with her family and hug them close. Even her brother Spike, despite how he could get on her nerves. She saw Spike had been crying, and wanted nothing more then to wipe them away and tell them all she was okay.

But she couldn't, and when her family left an hour later, and the doctors did whatever they were doing to help her recover, Twilight felt her mind going black once more into the strange limbo of unconsciousness.

Yet somewhere in that darkness, Twilight thought she could make out someone talking to her.

'"Awaken." But it was lost in the darkness of her sleeping mind.


"Awaken." Twilight heard that voice once more. Louder now. Twilight groaned, and moved in her bed as her eyes struggled between opening and staying closed.

"Awaken." The voice said, "Awaken!"

The last word was more a command, and Twilight gasped as her eyes shot open and she lifted herself up from her bed, looking around confused and wide eyed.

"H-Hello?" Twilight said, looking around.

Twilight saw no one, and she groaned, rubbing at her eyes as she looked down at herself. She wore a hospital gown, and she could make out bandages on her arms, head and chest. She lifted the sheets, and saw her legs were also bandaged. She looked over at the table beside her bed, and saw a number of cards and flowers left for her. She reached for a card and saw it was from her school, no doubt signed by students who were asked to by the principal and didn't want to seem callous. She sighed and put it back on the table.

Twilight looked around her room, and sun was down. The clock showed the time at 12:59 pm. She groaned and flopped back on her pillow, wincing a bit from a pain in her head and tried to close her eyes to get back to sleep.

But any thoughts of sleep were lost when the door to her room burst open, and in came three men dressed in what looked like SWAT armor and aimed laser sighted guns at her.

"There she is. Shoot her!" One of the men shouted and Twilight threw up her arms in a pitiful attempt at defense. But the guns never fired, as from the three men were blown off their feet and thrown into the wall, hitting the ground with thumps.

From behind the men, in walked a boy. Twilight gasped, as she recognized this boy.

It was the boy who had died saving her. But...but how?

"H-How..you you're-" Twilight said, looking at the boy with wide eyes before the sound of the armed men rising brought her gaze to them.

The men leveled their guns at the boy, and sounded as rapid bullet fire erupted from the deadly weapons. But the boy moved, and in the blink of an eye went from the door to right near the men, his limbs flying wildly in close quarters like combat moves that Twilight could barely keep track of.

The boy moved so fast, but his blows must have been landing hits, as the armed men went this way and that, and the sound of heavy impacts and breaking bones made Twilight wince and cover her mouth. She then watched as the body of one armed man was slammed into the ground, and shot by the boy with his own weapon like how some terrorists did in their videos when they sent them to the news media. The boy then kicked another man into the window and through it, the man screaming as he fell and the sound of a impact below. the last the boy grabbed into a head lock, twisting his body and the mans body jerked as Twilight heard the tell tale sound of a neck snapping.

And like that, Twilight and the boy were the only two in the room. The boy tossed the gun out the broken window and looked at her. Twilight struggled out of her bed, putting it between her and the boy.

"S-stay away! Help! Help!" Twilight shouted, calling for the doctors or security. Someone.

"No one will hear you. For everyone in this hospital is dead. And if you do not want to join them, you must come with me." The boy said, and held out his hand.

Twilight looked at the boy, his hand, then immediately ran out the door. Her legs screamed their protest, but Twilight ran. She had to get away from this crazy boy, before he killed her too.

"Help! Help! Someone!" Twilight called as she ran.

But as she passed another room, Twilight gasped as she saw the dead body of nurses and a patient laying in the ground. Bullets laying on the ground.

Twilight screamed and ran, and as she ran she saw more and more carnage. Blood splattered on walls, and more bullet cases on the ground. She kept running till at last her legs gave out and she fell to her knees. Twilight breathed heavily and she wiped at her eyes as she looked at the hall she was in.

Bodies were everywhere, and each had been shot. Even the children and elderly. Twilight couldn't take it anymore and she leaned over as she heaved up her stomach. She coughed and wiped ather mouth as she sat there, trying to process everything. What was happening? Where were the police, SWAT? Hell where was the National Guard!? Were those men terrorists? Mass shooters? And how was that boy alive, she had seen him die!

The sounds of foot steps made Twilight turn, and she looked up at that boy once more. He looked at her with a deadpan expression, and he offered out his hand to her once more.

"Here....let me help you up." He offered.

Twilight sniffled and tried to move away from him, but he merely took a step to keep the same distance between them.

"I won't hurt you. Amongst all this dead, you must trust me. For only you and I remain alive." The boy said.

Twilight gulped, and her heart was filled with fear. And yet, this boy...he seemed so calm. So at peace, despite everything around them. How and why, Twilight didn't know, but she did know that in her panic mind, any sort of calm anchor would help. And even if she didn't trust who this boy was, he was perhaps the only anchor she could grasp hold of.

So with hesitation, she slowly placed her hand into his, and he in turn gently closed his fingers around hers and lifted her up from the ground.

"W-Who are you?" Twilight asked. What was he?

"My name is Damion. And I am your rescuer. And you?"

"T-Twilight....My name is Twilight Sparkle." Twilight said. Damion smiled.

"Hello Twilight. I am glad I finally found you."

Author's Note:

This fic is a side job to help me refocus my thoughts when I get writers block for my main fic, World of Ponies series. So updates might not be as often. However it is something I have wanted to work on for awhile. Hope you enjoy the prologue. Not much action, but it was just really to see if I could get readers interest in this project.

Comments ( 1 )

Interesting. We await more

Login or register to comment