• Published 28th Aug 2015
  • 3,894 Views, 109 Comments

The Pinkie Parable - RQK



Pinkie Pie prevents the story's narrator from telling a story about her. It's all downhill from there.

  • ...
3
 109
 3,894

IV. The Unused Chapter

My dear reader... whatever are you doing here?

Did you not see the words at the end of the previous chapter? Pinkie Pie and I made it expressively clear that we were skipping over to chapter five. You have somehow managed to end up in chapter four. I suspect it's because you clicked the 'next' button at the bottom of the previous page simply because that's what you know how to do. It is, of course, a habit from all of your time perusing fan fiction.

But I must inform you however that there is nothing here.

I must suggest that you go back to the top of this page and click the 'next' button to go to the correct chapter. Or, if you are using a device other than a personalized computer to read The Pinkie Parable, I must suggest that you use means that does not involve scrolling down.

Thank you, and see you in chapter five.
























What are you scrolling down for? There's nothing here.











No, really, there is no story here. Nothing to read, nothing to see.

On to chapter five with you! Chop chop!












Are you still here?

I mean, really. This chapter doesn't even have a title. It's completely unused. Yet here you are expecting there to be some sort of story here. You do understand that there is no story here because you were never supposed to be here, right?

I may understand that you might be here because you are a chapter completionist and you do not consider the story to be done until there's a checkmark next to all chapters. But now you've gotten the checkmark for this one. No more reason to be here.

I must implore you to go back up right this moment and click that 'next' button! Or return to the story later!

Out! Out! Go go go!


















...You're still here.

Sigh.

It's very apparent by now that you have absolutely no intention of leaving this chapter just yet. I would have thought my lecture would have been enough but noooooo. You have stayed the entirety of this webpage expecting there to be a story here. A plot twist perhaps?

I don't really know how else to explain this to you, reader. There's no story here. Nothing at all. Maybe you think that there is. You're expecting this to be another ending to the story, aren't you? Your plan is, after this, to dive into the comment section and say "DID U GUYS REED CHAPTER F0UR? I LIKE CHAPTER FOUR. IT'S MY FAVORITE!!1"

Naturally, however, to do so, much like attempting to read a story that is not there, would be a serious breach in reader etiquette. Why, you've already undermined the very narrative integrity of this story. I truly thought that would have meant something to you since you managed to make it this far into The Pinkie Parable.

You really put me in a very tight spot. You've placed me at the end of a very thin rope for endeavoring as so. After all, Pinkie Pie disobeying my narrative is one thing. Having my entire story disobey me is another.

But you? My reader? Absolutely not.

I am leaving now. I am going straight to chapter five and I am not looking back. I am ending this drivel here, I am meeting back with Pinkie Pie, and I am not looking back.

Author's Note:

We here at RQK publications strongly urge you to jump into chapter five as of several minutes ago. Thank you.