• Published 28th May 2012
  • 2,633 Views, 33 Comments

My Little Flash Fiction: Postmodernism is Magic - aaaa_aaaa



A collection of experimental short fics I've written for prompts.

  • ...
1
 33
 2,633

Forgiveness

Luna trotted out into the balcony. She looked up into the dark abyss of her night sky, at the stars that were her only friends. All her best efforts had gone into them, and yet thoughts of her subjects sleeping during the night, subjects shunning and decrying her best efforts, thoughts that fought against the words of her sister until they materialized into something greater...

They told her to do the unreasonable thing; and so as long as her subjects ignored her dark and glorious night, the moon would not rest.

Celestia sat in her room, waiting for the moon to fall. It didn’t. Something was wrong – her thoughts flooded to her sister’s recent troubles, and she ran to the balcony.

“Luna! What is the meaning of this? Why haven’t you sent down the moon?” demanded Celestia.

“Do not call us by that name! We are Nightmare Moon, and the moon will never set!” exclaimed Nightmare Moon.

Celestia, always planning her every move, expected this. She summoned six glowing, magical gemstones and circled them around her sister...


Celestia trotted out into the balcony. She looked out, staring at the lands that contained her loyal subjects. All her best efforts went into making sure that they were comfortable, that they wouldn’t have to suffer like in the past and yet she still couldn’t help but think about how worried they must have been at last night’s events, couldn’t stop thinking about all the fear they endured at the thought of eternal night.

And it was all her fault – she saw the changes happening to her sister, she saw the signs, and all she did was banish her temporarily, passing the responsibility to her future self. So Celestia decided that until she fixed the mistakes she made, she would never rest.

Luna sat in the dining room. The scent of roasted daffodils and imported cheeses tempted her nostrils; her sister’s favorite. And yet Celestia had yet to even enter the dining room. Something was wrong – Luna recalled the events of her banishment, and ran to the balcony, struck with realization.

“Celly? Could you please get to the dining room? The food’s getting cold,” Luna said carefully.

“Please don’t call me that name – I can’t think of you as a sister without the memory of your banishment rising up. I have to make this right, irregardless of what’s for dinner,” replied Celestia.

Luna, having known her sister for thousands of years, expected this. She summoned six giant, magical feathers and circled them around her sister.

"Luna, what are you do-- AHAHAH STOP PLEASE!" Celestia cried out, but to no avail - Luna persisted in her attack. While she was caught off-guard, Celestia prepared a counterattack immediately - twelve of her own feathers, poised to attack.

"Okay, okay I surrender!" Luna begged.

"Nope. It's too late now - WE ARE NOW THE DAYMARE! PREPARE TO BE TICKLED WITH THE WRATH OF A THOUSAND SUNS!" Celestia exclaimed while giggling like a school filly. And then her feathers struck! But not before Luna could respond with a counterattack of her own...


An hour later, two regal princesses arrived in the dining hall, covered in feathers, manes tangled and messy, laughing all the way. The food was cold, the drinks were warm, the sandwiches soggy, and yet the sisters devoured their meals, laughing and talking like they were enjoying a feast straight from the kitchen.