• Published 4th Sep 2015
  • 2,704 Views, 59 Comments

Project Re-Do - akajulester

  • ...
5
 59
 2,704

A Rather Unexpected Turn of Events

"WHAT?!"

Nightmare stared in shock at Twilight's resolute face.

"I said, 'no.'" Twilight glared at her. "If there's still an ounce of dignity and free will inside of me, I won't bow down to a tyrant." Twilight jumped off of the pedestal, and got into an aggressive stance. "I will fight for my friends until the very end! I won't let them die in some wasteland!!"

At that, the shattered Elements of Harmony started to glow with different colors around Nightmare's hooves. They started to hover above the ground, and drifted lazily over to Twilight, swirling around her.

"W-what?! But I destroyed them!" In her shock, she accidentally let the spell on Twilight's friends fall, finally letting them see what was happening.

Twilight also stared at the shards in shock, utterly confused as to why they had suddenly started to glow and float. Her friends gazed with wonder at the phenomenon, although Applejack provided the distraction of finally getting up, rubbing her head and groaning. At the sight of this, Twilight felt a sudden spark of an idea.

Maybe it was my thinking of them? Who knows? All that matters is that they're responding to me! Twilight hesitantly lit up her horn, and the shards seemed to go crazy, as they began to circle her faster and faster. Suddenly, the orange group of shards shot over to Applejack, making her shout in confusion and fear. A set of pink shards flew over to Fluttershy, making her jump up into the air in alarm. Blue shards began to circle around Pinkie, making her hair go poof! once more as she began to giggle and turn in circles. Shards of a purple color surrounded Rarity, who looked at them wonderingly. Finally, Rainbow stepped back in wonder as red shards dashed around her.

Twilight looked back at Nightmare with newfound confidence. "Just because you broke the physical states of the Elements of Harmony doesn't mean that they won't work! Their spirit still lives on in its Bearers!" She went on to describe her friends' trials, and how they had proved themselves worthy of their respective Elements. Nightmare began to look desperate.

"B-but you don't have the sixth Element! They won't work properly on their own!"

"Of course they cannot work on their own," said Twilight. "Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, and Loyalty are good values by themselves, but lack the direction needed for them to work properly. One may be powerful by itself, but needs the others to be even more harmonic. It is a delicate system; removing one removes them all." She turned to her friends. "I used to to think of only Honesty and Loyalty, and even then, I hid them from most everypony. But then I became friends with ponies, and I met you five. I realize now that a life without these important traits is a life without trust, joy, and love. These are the feelings that anything that has ever had the chance to be friends with someone, to love family, and to love a partner.

"Nightmare, I know you must have loved your sister at one point, but you let your jealousy take over. Everyone in this world was never meant to fight each other. Rather, we were meant to love each other, and to spread love around the world. That friendship, that love, is the spark for the Elements. Without it, there could never be Magic!"

A glowing white orb suddenly materialized above Twilight's head, her tell-tale six-pointed star etched onto it. It began to glow once more, and so did all of the shards circling around her friends. They materialized into necklaces for them, and a tiara for Twilight. As they began to float together in a group, Twilight began to cry again, this time with joy. A bright and beautiful rainbow shot out of their glowing group, and arced high into the air, then down on Nightmare. Twilight flinched just a bit as Nightmare screamed, hoping that it was not painful to her at all.

Suddenly, Twilight felt a strange feeling, one that felt extremely familiar. The blinding bright white continued to fill her vision, hurting her eyes. ALl of the sudden, she heard her friends crying out in confusion.

"Twilight!!"

"Whut's goin' on?!"

"Oh dear oh dear oh dearohdearohdear!!"

What's going on?!

Then, she saw nothing.


Twilight attempted to open her eyes after an indefinite amount of time. Her vision was blurry, but as it cleared, her panic started anew, and even more so this time. All around her was an expanse of a starry, blue-purple sky. She shakily stood up on a floor made of stars, a long pathway of it stretching into the distance. She began to walk forward, looking around nervously for Celestia.

How could this have happened?? This isn't supposed to happen until I finish Star Swirl's spell!! The images of her speech to Nightmare, along with her past actions (... from the future...) began to appear, reminding Twilight of everything that she had accomplished, and everything that she and her friends had accomplished together What will Celestia say?! She'll obviously see that I'm from the future if she sees these images! She stopped, and looked behind her for signs of Celestia, but saw none. She then turned to the image in front of her. It depicted her and her friends fighting Tirek with their new powers, and banishing him back to Tartarus. She smiled nostalgically, and gazed longingly at the events that had led her up to this moment.

Twilight finally reached the end of the pathway, and glanced back at her happy memories, tears coming to her eyes. This is a new start for me, for my friends. I'll help them become better ponies, help them realize their dreams sooner, and I'll help them live out their destinies She looked at her still wingless back, and chuckled in spite of herself. Right now, I've got to drastically change the outcome of our future.

Magic the same color as her magical aura came out of her heart, and began to swirl around her. Twilight felt full of warmth, love, and happiness as she felt her familiar wings reappear on her back once more.


Celestia paced nervously as the five other mares continued to badger her with questions. Where was Twilight? What had happened? Celestia had had a younger sister? Why had Twilight disappeared?

"Calm thyself, big sister."

Celestia looked down at Luna, who gazed nervously up at her.

"Forgive me, Luna. I'm just worried about what could have happened to Twilight. This never happened to us when we first used the Elements against Discord..."

"Do not worry," Luna said with a gentle smile. "We have faith that thy p'rsonal student shall be in perfecteth health, Celestia. Giveth her another minute or two."

They all waited with bated breath for a while longer. Then, a ball of white light appeared at the top of the ceiling above them. Twilight's cutie mark suddenly appeared in its place, and gently floated down to the floor. It glowed brightly, making everypony present shield their eyes. Once the light had cleared, it revealed something completely shocking:

An alicorn Twilight.