• Published 4th Sep 2015
  • 2,706 Views, 59 Comments

Project Re-Do - akajulester

  • ...
5
 59
 2,706

A Royal Interlude

Luna sat next to Celestia, happily covered by the latter's wing. However, one thing kept plaguing her mind, and she reluctantly shed the comfort to look questioningly at Celestia.

"Celestia, wherefore didst thee forswear so readily to thy faithful student, Honored Twilight?"

Celestia stopped smiling, her posture stiffening. "I can't tell her such a thing in front of them. It would be too great a burden on all of them, Twilight especially."

"We bethink that thee would knoweth better, lief sister. A harsh truth is preferable to a comfortable forswear, especially since that forswear wilt eventually beest hath found out." Luna frowned in disapproval. "Honored Twilight wilt has't a large temper once the lady findeth out what thou has't done."

Celestia sighed, and rubbed a hoof down her face. "I know, I know. But I don't wish to see her suffer with the knowledge for the rest of her life." She grimaced, and then added in a whisper, "Part of me almost wishes that she dies before them, so she does not have to outlive them."

"Sister, such things should nev'r beest spoken!" Luna replied in a harsh whisper.

"Luna, I don't want to talk about this right now." Celestia once more put a wing around Luna, who looked slightly uncomfortable. However, she leaned back into her elder sister. "I promise that I'll tell the truth to Twilight in the future.

"For now, let's just go home."