• Published 4th Sep 2015
  • 2,721 Views, 59 Comments

Project Re-Do - akajulester

  • ...
5
 59
 2,721

Start from Day One

Twilight Sparkle wearily lifted her head from the pillow. She blinked her eyes rapidly, adjusting to the darker lighting. Once her eyes had adapted, she observed her surroundings. Suddenly, she jerked out of her bed, her face alight with excitement.

"It worked, it WORKED!!!" Twilight jumped into the air and crashed onto the carpeted floor. "Oh right," she said, rubbing her muzzle. "No wings..." She slowly got up, and looked around her, smiling nostalgically.

She was about to go walk around her old - well, not old right now - home, when she heard a yawn come from the foot of her bed. She turned around, her mouth forming a huge smile.

Spike was waking up, probably because of the noise Twilight had been making. He rubbed his eyes, and blearily looked at her.

"Mornin', Twilight." Spike yawned. "I guess you woke up?"

Twilight laughed. "Yeah, sorry Spike. I had a dream about something, and I guess that it made its way into reality." If only I could tell you...

Spike stretched his arms above his head. "That's good to hear," he said as he crawled out of his basket. "I'm going to go make breakfast. Pancakes sound good?"

"Yes, thank you Spike." Spike walked towards the door. "Oh, and Spike?" Twilight called out to him before he disappeared. He stuck his head back through the doorway.

"Yeah, Twilight?"

"Nothing, nothing," Twilight said. "Just wanted you to know that I love you." She hesitated for a second, then gave him a quick hug, and closed the door softly. Spike stood speechless outside of her room. He shook himself out of his stupor, giving a worried look to the door. He cautiously took a step backwards, before turning around and heading down the staircase.

Twilight opened up the curtains of her large bedroom window, allowing Celestia's sun to spread its light over the room. She frowned momentarily, sighed, and began to look around for a quill and parchment. She successfully located a roll, her old (well, not old anymore) quill, and a fresh pot of ink. Soon, the room was filled with the sounds of the quill scratching out a quick checklist. Once she had finished, she looked down the list, checking off each box that was finished.

"Re-create Star Swirl's time travel spell... check! Become my past self... check! Figure out what day I landed on..." Twilight paused for a minute, but shook her head impatiently. "I'll just ask Spike. 'Discover' the book about the Elements and Nightmare Moon... I have to wait for the day two days away from the Summer Sun Celebration. Re-live my past life but fix every problem... I'll get to that. Find a way to make my friends immortal..." She slowly lowered the quill and placed it next to the pot of ink. Sighing heavily, she rolled up the parchment tightly and hid it under her bed.

"Twilight!" came Spike's voice from downstairs. "Breakfast is ready!"

Twilight smiled brightly again, but attempted to not look so gleeful. "No, I have to maintain my old personality. I'll just make it more cheerful. Say that I just feel in a good mood today or something. At least I might still have time for Moon Dancer's party..."

Moon Dancer. It had been hard when Twilight had found out about her. Minuette had been the only one besides Moonie left, and had sent an urgent message to Twilight when she found out about her passing. Twilight had felt so guilty that she had not been there with Moonie for her last days, but this time, she would be with her, and she would fix their friendship before it became a problem!

Twilight trotted down the curved staircase, smiling as she breathed in the delicious aroma of Spike's pancakes. I really have to start cooking at some point... Spike was just placing some fluffy stacks onto two plates when she walked into the kitchen.

"Oh, Spike, these look delicious!"

Spike blushed. "Thanks, Twilight!" He grabbed the maple syrup bottle and poured an ample amount onto his stack. Twilight frowned.

"Now, Spike, don't put too much on there. If you have too much sugar you could get sick!"

Spike paused for a minute, looking uncertainly at Twilight. "Okay, Twilight..." He placed the bottle back on the table, where it was picked up by her. She narrowed her eyes, and carefully poured a circle onto the top-most pancake. She stuck out her tongue as she used her magic to mold it into a perfect circle. Once she was satisfied, she snuck a quick peak at Spike. She was relieved to see that his suspicion had gone away from that little move, and happily bit into her forkful of pancake.

"WOW, Spike," she said enthusiastically, "this is AMAZING!" Twilight sloppily ate the rest of her stack, further easing Spike. She had long since learned how to control her messy eating, but played it up a little as she ate. She shuddered inwardly as she thought of how long it would take to get the sticky maple syrup out of her coat, but she had to act naturally.

Once the two were done eating, Twilight attempted to wipe her face with a napkin, but it became stuck to the syrup. She smiled sheepishly, and went over to the sink to clean her face. "Spike, what's the schedule for today?" she asked once she was finished.

Spike ran into the main room of their tower home, and came back with a very short scroll. He unfurled it, and began to read off the checklist.

"Let's see... it looks like we just have to go to the bookstore and pick up an order of books. I'm pretty sure there was something else though..." Spike scratched his chin. "Oh yeah!" he exclaimed, snapping his claws. "Moondancer is throwing a party later today! I've actually been working on something to give her." He looked at Twilight, smiling hopefully.

Twilight sighed with a slight groan, struggling to contain her joy. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!Okay, I need to do this correctly, or else my plan could alter the timeline drastically. "I dunno, Spike, I need to keep studying, or the Princess might get upset with me!" Spike's face dropped, his hopeful smile replaced with a look of sad acceptance. She sighed again, and smiled sadly. "But, since you worked hard on whatever gift you made, it would be a shame to put that time to waste." Spike stood flabbergasted at her response, causing Twilight to giggle. She trotted over to him and gently placed a hoof on his shoulder. "Don't think we're going to stay long, though. We'll just drop off the present, say 'hi' to everyone, and then we're going to come back here."

"Thanks Twilight! I'm sure Moondancer will love it! Do you wanna see it?" Spike was snapped out of his shock, and he clasped his hands together with a pleading smile.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "How can I say 'no' to that face?" She trotted out into the main room, not noticing the still slightly confused look on Spike's face.