• Published 13th Nov 2015
  • 1,294 Views, 13 Comments

The Unfortunate Case of Doctor Luna and Mistress Moon - cleverpun



After the board rejects her research application, Doctor Luna tries something foolish; using herself as a test subject. Surely diluting a pony's inner darkness is a worthy goal?

  • ...
6
 13
 1,294

7. Darkness There, And Nothing More

Luna’s eyes snapped open. She jolted out of bed, the catheter stinging her foreleg and the starchy sheets constricting her chest. She glanced around. The Nightmare had seemed so real. Speaking to her, taunting her, telling her dastardly lies and vicious truths.

“Doctor Luna!” Pinkie Pie put a hoof across Luna’s chest, forced her back down. “Thank goodness you woke up! The machines were getting readings of increased heart rate and cortisol production. I came in and you were thrashing in your sleep. Are you okay?”

Luna wiped her forehead. Sweat glistened on her coat. She shifted, and felt the dampness of the blankets. “I...I am fine,” she lied. “It was just a bad dream.”

Pinkie Pie pushed Luna back into the bed. “Stress is very bad for recovery. Do you need some sleep aids?”

Luna shook her head. “No, thank you. I think it is just the recent events. I will adjust, eventually.”

“Very well.” Pinkie Pie made some notes on her clipboard. “I’ll let you rest before breakfast, then. Call me or a nurse if anything comes up.”

Luna nodded, and Pinkie Pie left.

Luna leaned back against her pillows. Nopony needed to know. A Nightmare now and then was a small price to pay. She would adjust…eventually.

Author's Note:

I can say, without doubt or facetious self-deprecation, that this story is not good. I originally wrote it because of a flash of inspiration from two particular songs, and perhaps a desire to write a non-parody crossover.

The final product doesn't have many merits as a story, but perhaps it represents some lessons as a writer.