• Published 30th Aug 2015
  • 4,244 Views, 75 Comments

Chaos and Harmony (A Sonic & My Little Pony Crossover) - InkWeaverFiM



Sonic the Hedgehog has been though a lot in his life, but nothing quite like getting morphed into a pony and being sent to Equestria with his friends. Now the race against Eggman for the Chaos Emeralds begins again, but Sonic and the gang have help.

  • ...
19
 75
 4,244

Returning of Conflicts

It had been a hard 24 hours for Dr. Eggman. He used his hoof to wipe away the sweat that was collecting on his forehead. He couldn't make sense of it. Why had his anatomy changed? Why was he a blasted horse? Of course, that was only one of the many questions dominating his thoughts.

Eggman once again scanned his surroundings. He was in a cave. An apparently giant cave. 24 hours he had spent trying to find a way out. After, of course, he recovered from the shock of being a new species. Despite the unfortunate circumstance, however, he refused to give up. He had survived far worse, and he would survive this, as well. As he continued to move forward, his thoughts shifted to the video feed that his master computer showed right before Eggman was whisked away to this forsaken new universe. Eggman knew what he saw. A horse. A light violet horse with a long, flowing mane walking across a grassy landscape. But why? why would he morph into what was apparently this world's native species? True, as a human he had already been part of earth's species during his last Emerald-portal fiasco, but Sonic and his gang of goons hadn't changed either.

"Those blasted Emeralds!" The doctor spat. It had been a hard and rather awkward experience, getting used to his new body, especially when it was in the dark, thanks to the fact he was transported into the heart of a giant cave network. When his eyes did adjust and he found a large, flat-surface crystalline rock to show his reflection, the change was even more startling.

He was dark red in color, similar to the color of the red jacket he wore back in his world. He was bald, but sported a large mustache. At least that hadn't changed. He still had his glasses, somehow, but they were tucked on his forehead so they wouldn't darken his vision any further in the dim cave. His mustache was the same color of brown that it had always been, as was his tail, and his eyes were brown as well. And on both sides of his flank was a mark he knew all too well; a depiction of dark glasses, an ominous smile, a large nose, and his mustache; Eggman's signature symbol for the Eggman/Robotnik Empire.

The doctor's thoughts were interrupted by something in the distance. His heart soared at the sight. Light. After a solid day of trekking through this network of tunnels, he had found the end. He attempted to run, but ended up falling on his face after a few strides. Four legs instead of two now, right.

With a grumble, Eggman got back up on all four hooves and paced as quickly as he could without running towards the exit. Once he reached it, he was temporarily blinded by the sudden surplus of light. Once his eyes adjusted, he shivered. He was on a mountain, and there was snow everywhere. On the bright side, there was a clear and distinct snow-covered road that lead away from the cave entrance. It wrapped around the mountain and then disappeared from Eggman's line of sight. He sighed and used his hoof to place his glasses back in front of his eyes. His body desperately wanted to rest, but there was no way Eggman was staying on this freezing mountaintop any longer than he had to.

. . . . .

Eggman felt relief flood over him once he finally reached the bottom of the mountain, even though what stretched before him seemed to be nothing more than a barren desert with a canyon in the distance. The walk down the mountain had given him more time to think. The Chaos Emeralds must be here if he was, but if he was here, Sonic and company must have been transported as well. All Eggman needed was another race for the Emeralds in another unfamiliar world. He honestly didn't care at the moment whether or not this world was worth ruling. He just wanted to get home.

Suddenly, a thought popped into his head. Surely, Sonic and his idiot friends were trying to collect the Emeralds to return home, as well? Maybe a partnership was in order? Eggman thought for a moment longer. No, Sonic would never willingly bring Eggman back to their world. He knew the doctor too well. Eggman counted himself lucky Sonic wasn't transported anywhere near him in the caves. If he was going to get home, Eggman would have to do it on his own. Once again, against Sonic the Hedgehog... or, hedgehorse, more likely.

Eggman began traversing the sands. He had to find water soon. Or, he thought to himself; just because aligning himself with Sonic wasn't an option, that didn't mean he had to operate alone. Surely he could find someone to work with him, assuming this world's population of ponies was intelligent.

He was stopped by something he saw in the distance. He removed his glasses and squinted to try and make it out. After walking closer, he realized with pure joy that they were buildings. Eggman sprinted, forgetting all about his exhaustion and thirst.

. . . . .

"So what brought you all the way out here?" said Double Diamond, watching Eggman drain his third glass of water, which he oddly held between two hooves.

After he finished, Eggman set the glass down and looked at the white pony. "I was just out on a... hiking trip. I got a little lost, is all." Eggman added a smile that was a little bit too wide, made slightly more creepy by his giant mustache.

Sugar Belle cleared her throat. "Well, you certainly seem tired Mr..." The four ponies across from Eggman; Double Diamond, Sugar Belle, Night Glider, and Party Favor all started at him. He gulped.

He hadn't told them his name yet. With the risk of Sonic and friends being in this world with him, telling them his real name was a serious risk, a risk he wouldn't take. But what name should he give. These ponies seemed just as intelligent as the human populous on earth. That was good. Very good. The possibility of him finding help for his plans was now very plausible. But he had to focus on the matter at hand. His brain suddenly lit up like a light bulb.

"Gerald," Eggman said as politely as he could. "Mr. Gerald."

Sugar Belle nodded. "Wow, that sure is an interesting name..." Eggman gulped. Giving them his grandfather's name seemed like common sense. Eggman quickly corrected himself.

"Although friends call me Red Groom." he would kick himself for that name later, but it seemed closer to the namesakes of the ponies in front of them. they looked at each other and shrugged. Sugar Belle started again.

'Well Mister... Groom, you can stay in one of our village's empty cottages if you like. There's a train about half a mile south that can take you back to the less remote parts of Equestria.

'Equestria?' Eggman thought. 'How quaint.'

"Well I'd hate to be a burden..." Eggman started.

"No problem!" Double Diamond's enthusiasm was blatantly obvious. "In fact, we won't take no for an answer! Stay as long as you like!"

The others nodded, and the doctor gave a smile that seemed a whole lot more genuine than the other so far.

"Well if you insist... and, if you don't mind, of course, I would love to hear the story of this quaint little village. If... or, since this place is so far from the population, how did you all get here?"

The ponies around him seemingly wilted. Eggman backreeled. "Of course, if you'd rather not..."

"No, it's fine." The black winged pony known as Night Glider was the first to look up at him. "We were originally tricked into coming here... by an awful pony."

Though he didn't show it, this excited Eggman.

"And who is this, per say, awful pony?"

This lead into the story of Starlight Glimmer. The story of how she tricked them into giving up their cutie marks, which was apparently what they called the images on their hindquarters. How she stripped them of their individuality to force her perverted version of Equality, and how six ponies came and helped stop and drive her off. Eggman listened intently. If this Starlight Glimmer was still out there, he knew exactly who he wanted for a partner. Eggman would use his time in this village wisely. If he couldn't find a way back home, then this world would fall to him, in all of his now-ponified glory. In all honesty, he thought, it was probably going to fall to him no matter what happened.

. . . . .

Shadow eyed the menu he held in his magic critically, one eyebrow raised high. Twilight was practically sweating due to the expression, but Sonic and Rainbow Dash looked completely at ease. Rarity was the one who suggested the two individual dates planned for today became one, grand double-date at Ponyville's only fancy restaurant. So now Sonic and Shadow were sitting next to each other, facing away from Rainbow and Twilight. A little odd, as far as double dates went, but nobody complained. Honestly, Twilight didn't even know if Shadow even considered this a date.

"You ponies are obviously very fond of oats..." Shadow continued eyeing the menu. Twilight gulped. She thought about the family of hedgehogs in Fluttershy's cottage. They liked oats, didn't they? Although it seemed obvious to her that Sonic and Shadow were a very different kind of hedgehog.

"Well, yes," Twilight answered. "But there are a lot of options other than oats..."

"I can see that." Shadow finally set down his menu. Sonic chimed in.

"Well, you can't go wrong with fried potatoes and a salad!" Sonic nudged his friend. "But I'm sure since we're ponies now, we'll like whatever they do."

Shadow looked over at Twilight. "What are you ordering."

"A daffodil sandwich."

Shadow's face became puzzled. "A flower sandwich?"

Twilight's heart skipped a beat. "Is that... strange to you?"

"Somewhat, I'll admit." Shadow averted his gaze to the menu cover. "I suppose I'll just have whatever you're having, Sonic."

Rainbow looked at Twilight and facehoofed quietly. "Will you excuse us for the moment? We need to use the little fillies' room." She grabbed Twilight by the hoof and began to pull her out of her seat. Twilight looked back in confusion. "We do?"

"We do," Rainbow said sternly. Sonic and Shadow watched as the two disappeared into the restroom. Shadow sighed and covered his face with his forehoof.

"This was a terrible idea."

"What do you mean by that?"

"This is obviously supposed to be a romantic outing, although it hasn't been so far. We're planning on leaving soon and never coming back. Why are we here? Shouldn't we be looking for the doctor or the Emeralds?"

"Aw, come on, Shadow. They asked us nicely." Sonic winked, but Shadow's gaze remained firm. Sonic's tone became more serious.

"Even if we get the Emeralds, we don't even know how we're going to get back yet. Besides, when Twilight asked you, you could've said no. Why didn't you?"

Shadow stared at the table, brow furrowed. "I don't know."

Sonic snickered. "Looks like someone has a crush." The glare he received from Shadow didn't even faze him.

"Aw, come on, tell me I'm wrong."

"Tell me then, why did you say yes to Rainbow Dash?"

"She asked nicely." Sonic gave a smug grin. "Besides, she likes racing and she's cute for a pony. Kinda sounds like my type."

Shadow smirked. "And what will Amy think of this?"

Sonic's smile disappeared and was replaced by a glare. "Don't go there. Amy and I are not a thing."

Shadow chuckled and relaxed into his chair. "Obviously not."

. . . . .

"Why the hay did you do that?" Twilight exclaimed after making sure they were alone in the restroom.

"Because you were freaking out!" Rainbow stared down her friend. "You've got to be a bit more calm, Twi. You're sweating buckets in front of the stallion you're supposed to be on a date with!"

Twilight opened her mouth to argue, but instead her face fell and her hindquarters hit the ground. "It doesn't feel like a date."

"That's because you're just sitting there like a scared little filly!" Twilight glared up at Rainbow Dash angrily.

"Well how are you so calm with Sonic?"

Rainbow shrugged. "I dunno. I just am, I guess." The sadness returned to Twilight's face. "Look, Twi, you gotta talk to the guy. He agreed to the date, right?"

Twilight looked up. "Right..."

"Then stop being scared! I'll help you if you need it, but don't just sit there and do nothing!"

Twilight thought about it for a minute, then smiled and got back on her hooves. Rainbow returned the smile eagerly and gave her friend a quick hug.

"Alright!" She said as she pulled away. "Now let's not keep them waiting!"

Rainbow winked, and Twilight giggled as she followed her friend out the door.

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter is a little short, but this is basically the catalyst for me getting back into writing. Next chapter will be longer. :raritywink: