• Published 30th Aug 2015
  • 4,255 Views, 75 Comments

Chaos and Harmony (A Sonic & My Little Pony Crossover) - InkWeaverFiM



Sonic the Hedgehog has been though a lot in his life, but nothing quite like getting morphed into a pony and being sent to Equestria with his friends. Now the race against Eggman for the Chaos Emeralds begins again, but Sonic and the gang have help.

  • ...
19
 75
 4,255

Speed of Sound (Prologue)

Author's Note:

As the prologue, this chapter only contains no ponies, only Sonic characters. Every chapter after this will take place in Equestria and be pony-filled. Welcome to the story, and enjoy reading!

"For crying out loud, Sonic, quit fooling around!"

"Sorry, Tails, I'm a little busy here," yelled Sonic as his foot connected perfectly with the metal face of Eggman's guardian robot, causing the thin layer of bulletproof glass covering its glowing red eye to shatter. Sonic then followed through by using his leg to push off of the guardian's face and complete a perfect backflip before landing gracefully back on the ground.

"Beating down a twenty-foot robot takes some time!"

The metal behemoth towered over Sonic, one hand clutching it's broken eye, the other descending ferociously as a fist towards the spiky blue ball of fur. But by the time it made contact with the ground, Sonic was a good thirty feet away from the impact zone.

"You don't have time for this, Sonic!" Tails continued yelling arrogantly at his friend through the specially designed earpiece that he had made for him. Eggman had the seven Chaos Emeralds in his possession, and according to Tail's monitor, their power levels were increasing at a terrifying rate. Tails was trying his best to control the mission from his secret bunker roughly fifty miles from the action scene (any further and his earpieces wouldn't work), but he felt a strong sense of helplessness from not being able to get involved personally. He wanted to, but Sonic refused to let him get involved with the recent injury he received from Eggman. Sonic and the others then rounded up everyone they knew and sent them as far off from the hot zone as possible. Tails had no idea where Amy, Cream and the others were at this point, but he did know that they weren't anywhere near him. Afterwards they all met back up, and Tails formulated a loose plan to infiltrate Eggman's base. Then the others took off, willingly risking their lives to retrieve the very things that Tails had failed to protect. And now all he could do was shout at them through earpieces. Sure, Tails was still helping from the sidelines by feeding the team vital information, but he could've been doing that just as well while fighting at their side.

"Sonic, the Emeralds' power levels are rising way past the red zone! We may be entering worst-case scenario, here!"

"Okay, Tails, gimme a second!" Sonic began sprinting back towards his ferocious opponent, reaching speeds far past what any living creature should be able to manage in a mere five steps. He took a leap, curling himself up in the process, rocketing himself at the robot like a living cannonball. Before the Guardian could react, Sonic crashed directly into it's face, crushing its enormous metal head like a soda can. Sonic then bounded off of its obliterated mug and landed squarely behind its back, then turned around to watch it slowly lean forward and fall onto the ground with a deafening crash.

"That all you got, Egghead?" Sonic jeered into the open space around him, hoping that Eggman had a secret camera or audio device that could pick up his insults. "'Cause I had a harder time getting out of bed this morning! If that's the best you can do, then-"

"SONIC!" Tails screamed through the earpiece. Sonic visibly cringed at the tremendous outburst in his right ear. "GET GOING! THE EMERALDS' POWER LEVELS ARE STILL RISING!"

Sonic bounded away from the open area where the giant Guardian robot had risen out of the ground. He was in a giant open field that spanned for miles. The sky was turning dark, and the sun was almost done setting behind violently sloping hills that surrounded the barren grassland. The area had been teeming with wildlife until roughly two years ago, when Egghead had decided that it was the perfect spot to hold his new secret base, and the wildlife was swiftly replaced by Eggman's hot new line of lethal robots, which punished any living thing that came near them.

Two years ago. That was when the conflict renewed itself. As soon as the then-presumably dead Dr. Eggman finished his new base of operations, he turned his attention to renewing his hunt for the Chaos Emeralds. Sonic and his friends caught on fast, and then the race was on. The heroes had actually managed to get all seven of the Emeralds and stored them away in Tails' workshop. They took every perceivable caution, including installing a new security system and masking the Emerald's energy strains so Eggman couldn't track them. But somehow, some way, he did, and proceeded to send a horde of robots to invade the workshop. While Sonic and his friends (Knuckles, Shadow, and Silver) fought off the invaders, Eggman snuck past their lines in his hoverpod and made his way straight to the Emeralds. Tails was the only one close enough to try and defend them, and even though the little guy fought with everything he had, using what Sonic had taught him, he failed miserably, earning a broken arm and losing all seven Chaos Emeralds to the Doctor. The poor guy still hadn't forgiven himself, even though he knew he'd done everything in his power to defend the Emeralds. Sonic swore to himself he'd get revenge on Eggman for hurting not just Tails, but everyone in his world. Eggman was driven solely by his desire to rule everything around him, and he planned to use the Emeralds for that task, but Sonic wouldn't let him. He would fight back until his dying breath. It wasn't over, not yet.

"You still there Tails?" Sonic asked his friend as he darted across the fields, blurring past robots as they fired bullets, lasers, and homing missiles at him from every direction. They unloaded everything they had at him, but none of the rounds connected. Sonic managed to dodge all of them completely. Still, he couldn't get over how many there were. You couldn't go five feet without running into a robot with an arm cannon aimed at your head. If this was just the surrounding field, Sonic couldn't imagine what the inside of the base looked like.

"Yeah, I'm here," Tails responded, stopping Sonic's current train of thought. "You're about eight miles out, you should get there in about three to four minutes at your current speed."

"How's everyone else doing?" Sonic asked, still not winded from his efforts.

"Silver's putting a pretty sizable dent in their forces right now from what I can see." Tails responded. No surprise there. Silver's telekinesis powers gave him a ridiculous edge in combat. As long as he was focused, nothing could touch him. But as powerful as Silver was, he wasn't a miracle worker. With the sheer amount of metal killing machines on the battlefield, Silver could only do so much.

"What about Shadow and Knuckles?" Sonic asked.

"They're making progress," Tails responded.

"How much progress?"

"Wait, they stopped moving. Let me check in and see what's going on." There was a small static click as Tails went temporarily offline.

Now that Tails was momentarily out of his head, Sonic focused his full attention on getting to the base as quick as possible, weaving through Eggman's massive throng of machines and dodging weapons and projectiles left and right. He had made considerable progress when his friend chimed in again.

"They're fine, they ran into one of those Guardian robots. Had to stop for a bit."

"How'd they do?" Sonic asked.

"Well," Tails responded. "It only took three minutes for them to take it down. Your fight took five."

"Hey, theirs' was two on one!" Sonic complained while simultaneously dodging a flurry of machine gun rounds from an automated turret. The sun had completely set, and the stars were now bright in the sky. Sonic could see the entrance to the base in the distance. The above-ground building was fairly small, only three stories, but from the scans Tails took of the building using his satellite, Sonic knew that the vast majority of the fortress was underground, and it probably spanned deeper and farther than he would like to imagine.

"I can see it, Tails!" Sonic yelled as he sprinted past what seemed like the last line of robots as he finally began to close in on the base. "I'm going in!"

"Okay, Sonic, just be care- wait wha- oh no. Sonic! Sonic, STOP!"

Sonic suddenly dug his heels in the ground in a desperate attempt to brake. Soon his entire body frame was sliding on the dirt, and continued to do so for thirty feet until he finally stopped.

"Wha- what? What's wrong Tails? What happened?" Sonic asked.

"There's a force-field! You would've been vaporized on contact!" Tails yelled erratically. Sonic looked towards the base, but saw nothing. He was still a good half-mile away.

"You just noticed this? Come on, Tails!"

"It just suddenly materialized when you got close! It created a new energy signature, and I just happened to recognize it!" Tails explained.

"Well it's a good thing you did, buddy! I would've been- uh oh..."

Sonic's sentence was cut short by the scene in front of him. The waves of robots he had weaved through before were now converging on him, all eyes, blades, and cannons locked on him.

"Sonic, they're everywhere! Get out of there!" Tails plead. Sonic shifted into his fighting stance.

"Where's everyone else?" Sonic's answer came sooner than expected.

He watched as the frontmost robot became surrounded by a strange cyan light and floated into the air. The anomaly was immediately followed by a high-pitched groaning sound that assaulted his ears before the robot was promptly torn in half. Sonic lowered his fists as the two pieces of scrap metal fell to the ground and the huge throng of robots looked around in what he thought was confusion.

"Always starting the party without me," rang out a familiar voice. Sonic looked up to see a majestic light gray hedgehog floating in the air. He was surrounded by the same turquoise aura that tore apart the killer drone. Sonic grinned.

"Sorry, Silver. Figured you were busy having about as much fun as you could han-"

"Look out!" Silver yelled.

Sonic looked back at the horde of drones to see three-dozen plus cannon rounds headed his way. Sonic ghosted out of the way less than a second before they made a sizable hole in the ground where he had been standing. Silver got to work tearing the robots apart while Sonic weaved inside of their ranks, tripping, kicking, and dismantling them as he went. Just as he was about to knee a blade-riddled robot in it's ugly mug, a spike-tipped fist slammed into it from the side, knocking it a good ten feet away. Sonic smiled. Good ol' Knucklehead. If Knuckles was here, that meant Shadow had to be as well. Sure enough, seconds later, Sonic weaved past three more slicer bots to see Shadow tearing the arm off a fourth with his bare hands. Shadow had his ups and downs, but one thing was for sure; the guy could fight, and that was certainly coming in handy here. The foursome battled on until they were standing in a giant graveyard consisting of loose wires and ruined metal appendages. They all stood back to back, scanning the area for any surviving enemies.

"Okay," Sonic muttered, finally somewhat short of breath. "That should do it"

"There are more coming," said Knuckles in his gruff voice. "We need to get inside that base. Now."

"Come in, Tails." Sonic tapped his earpiece. "Tails?"

"Wow," he responded in an awestruck voice. "You guys are awesome."

"Focus, Tails." Shadow spoke for the first time since the mission started. "How do we get in?"

"Oh, uh, right. Silver, I'm gonna need you to break that force-field."

"How?" Silver replied.

"Use your telekinesis. That thing is putting out a lot of energy, but I'm pretty sure you can overpower it."

Silver looked out towards the entrance to Eggman's base. "Alright, I'll try."

"You really need to hurry, Silver. The Chaos Emeralds' power levels are higher than I've ever seen them. I'm beginning to think Eggman is trying to open another portal."

Another portal. A portal had opened the last time Eggman had attempted to harness the Emeralds' power, it had sent Sonic and most of his friends into a completely different world. Sonic had met great people there, and they stopped Eggman's plans, but now they were all back where they truly belonged. The effect Eggman had on that world's inhabitants was unforgivable. That didn't need to happen again, not with earth or anywhere else. But a portal wasn't worst-case scenario. The Emeralds also had the potential to unleash an explosion that would make a nuclear warhead look like a pop rock. Once again, didn't need to happen.

Silver closed his eyes and his face scrunched in concentration. He pointed his palms at the invisible wall of energy as they began to glow blue. He froze like that for one minute. Two. Three. Then, finally, a low, technological sound resonated across the landscape. Silver opened his eyes and gasped.

"It's out," he said, clearly exhausted, sweat beading on his forehead. This worried Sonic and the others. Silver was indefinitely the most important asset to the mission, and if he wasn't at max efficiency, this was going to get a whole lot harder.

Tails' voice rang in their earpieces. "Yeah, it's down! Hurry up, the energy levels are insane! I have no idea how we're even still here!"

Sonic spoke up. "Don't know what we're standing here for. We have a world to save."

Knuckles beat his fists together. "Come on, guys! Let's go!"

The four of them took off towards Eggman's hideout at full speed, fully determined to save their world. But meanwhile, Dr. Eggman was experiencing some serious problems inside.

. . . . .

"No, no, no, No, NO, NO! Dr. Eggman slammed his fist down on his primary computer's massive keyboard, Which was strategically placed in front of the power-glass capsule that held the seven Chaos Emeralds, which were now producing a sickeningly bright light.

"This is all wrong! Completely wrong! Curse these forsaken Emeralds!" Eggman furiously typed in codes and commands, but to no avail. The Chaos Emeralds were putting out so much energy that his control system, previously presumed flawless, could no longer even affect them. After studying his last failed attempt that had sent him and Sonic into a new world, the world where his grandfather Gerald Robotnik was born, Eggman designed a new power-harvesting and control system that he was originally willing to hang his life on. But after attempting to absorb the infinite energy held within the Emeralds, the system was overloaded in less than ten seconds, and the Emeralds began feeding off of each other and building up energy at a horrifying rate. Right before the energy climaxed and the control system became completely useless, Eggman managed to turn a small amount of the energy flow against itself so that it was holding itself in. In theory, a system like that should be able to hold infinite amounts of energy, but based on what his master computer was telling him, the wall was going to break in less than a minute, and all of that energy would be released at once. It could go one way or another. There was a possibility that it could open another freak portal, like last time. But this portal wouldn't be to earth. There was over ten million times more energy radiating through the Emeralds than last time. That amount of power would open a portal to a completely different world, one frighteningly farther away from their current position in the space/time continuum than earth. But a portal wasn't the only possibility. Equally likely was that the massive energy release would trigger an explosion that would turn that entire world into a lifeless ball of ash.

Eggman was fully aware that Sonic and company had broken into his base and were now scouring its underground halls. After his lethal force-field trap had failed, he had given up on stopping the annoying hedgehog. He just deployed the rest of his drones and focused on somehow trying to stop the energy outburst, obviously to no avail. He had always thought that if he would ever meet an unfortunate end, it would be at the hands of Sonic, unless the doctor killed him first. The blasted rodent had always been the one thing to stand in his way and thwart him at the last second. An evil genius that was constantly outdone by an idiotic blue hedgehog? Pathetic. An evil genius that was about to be blown sky-high by a failed experiment? Even more pathetic.

"Where did I go wrong? Everything was perfect! The plan, the procedure, I had done it!" Eggman slumped on his keyboard just as an electronic beep sounded throughout the room. He looked up at the holographic screen that had appeared in front of the Emerald Capsule. He eyed the data that was popping up in front of him.

"WHAT?" The doctor exclaimed. The redirection wall was breaking. The Emeralds were opening up a portal. A portal to a completely new world, or perhaps a completely new universe. With the amount of energy that was being showcased, almost anything was possible. The doctor had been concerned that the energy levels had fried his master computer, but this event was proof that it was still functioning. Dr. Eggman once again furiously drilled his keyboard, trying to bring up more information. He was about to be sent to a completely different world, and he wanted to know what he about to be thrown into. Yet despite his attempts, the computer refused to load any new information.

"No! Please! Let me know!" Eggman desperately tried to discover what awaited him, but his computer seemed to have finally given in to the Emeralds' power. But then, as said Emeralds grew even brighter, An image- no, a live video feed displayed on the screen. His jaw fell slack. The master computer was somehow showing him live recordings of this new dimension. This could only be the work of the Chaos Emeralds. He was staring at a colorful landscape, made disturbingly bright by the glowing pod behind the see-through screen. Despite the pain in his eyes, Eggman studied the scenario intensely until he was taken aback by something that moved into the area. He gasped. Was that a-

"GAAAAAH!"

The Emerald's light hit a final crescendo, completely blinding Eggman. The horrid light was followed by a deafening boom as everything went black.