• Published 21st Aug 2015
  • 433 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Pony: Friends Are Forever - FireflyLake



Years have passed and the mane six are now adults. They've all moved on in their lives, but so has everypony else. Everything seems perfect, but is it all really? So much has seemingly changed for the better. As we all know though, nopony is perfect.

  • ...
5
 14
 433

Applejack the Farmer

It was around midday when Applejack reached the farm. So many things were going through her mind. From the wedding, pregnancy and danger to how she will be able to keep secrets from her family, help out the princesses with her friends and work. If there is one thing she won't do it is lie. She can not bare to lie to another pony ever again after what nearly happened to Granny Smith. Some how she was going to have to keep it a secret from them without lying.

She made her way up to the fields spotting a familiar filly. A red mane and pink bow blurred together as the pony trotted her way over to Applejack. Excitement filled her red and orange eyes as she asked what happened at canterlot.

Sweat formed on Applejack's forehead as she searched for the right words. "Princess Luna's gettin' married and Princess Celestia is havin' a foal. At least Ah think it's a foal." She wasn't too sure on that last part as nopony had ever mated with a draconequus before. Distorted images of what it might look like filled her head making her shiver.

"Really? Hey Sis, ya think Ah can help with the weddin' this time?" She looked up at her big sister with pleading and excited eyes.

She gave a chuckle before raising a hoof to mess with Applebloom's mane. "Ah reckon it'll be okay. Ya sure ya up to it this time?" Applejack recalled the last wedding she wanted to help with. Applebloom was still a young filly and had just gotten her cutie mark the day before with her friends. She was too excited to focus on helping. "It's going to be a big one n' with everything go'n on we're go'n to need every hoof available."

Applebloom blushed in embarrassment at her childish excitement, but shook it off confident that she could help out this time. "Ah was a foal then! Ah'm pretty much all grown now! Ah promise Ah'll help out this time!" She smiled as she tried to give a serious look. She was a teenager now, not a silly little filly. Though she knew she wasn't a full grown mare yet, she wanted a chance to prove herself to her sister.

Applejack said she could help out this time making her eyes light up in excitement. Her voice also excited Applejack's ears as they made their way to the back of the farm. A small, light orange filly with a brown mane similar to Applejack's was following two older stallions as they were bucking trees and collecting apples.

The two stallions looked over, each waving a hoof. Applebloom trotted over giving them the news and exciting everypony. It took some of the pressure off of Applejack seeing how nopony asked if there was anything else. She hated lying, but she reasoned that due to the circumstances it was okay not to tell the whole truth.

"Hey big brother, how's it go'n?" She looked up at Big Macintosh trying to cover his ears as Applebloom was loud with excitement. "Applebloom, why don't ya take Apple Frosting inside n' give her a bath for me?"

Without a second thought Applebloom had the young filly on her back as she carried her inside and continued on with her rant. The three remaining ponies chuckled at the sight. Applebloom hadn't been this happy in quite a while. After Granny Smith had a stroke and was put in the hospital she had been very worried and started doing a lot more around the farm. She hadn't taken a break in a long time.


After it started getting late Big Macintosh left the farm to go back to his new home and family. The only ones left outside were Caramel and Applejack. She gave him a kiss and nuzzled up to him before they started heading in. A lot had changed in a few years for the Apple family. After Big Mac got married he moved out but, would still come back to work on the farm. When Granny Smith had her stroke the hospital told them it would be best to keep her there until she got her strength back.

Caramel started to come around to help them take care of things after that. Soon after he married Applejack and moved in. The couple moved into Big Mac's old room while Applebloom moved into Applejack's. Applebloom's old room ended up being used as a nursery for their daughter, Apple Frosting. As for Granny Smith's room it was being used a guest room until she got better.

Caramel was making supper when they heard a loud knocking sound on the door. Applejack answered the door seeing a panting, teenage Spike. He held up a letter for her saying it was from Twilight and then ran off to go find the others. She opened it up and read it, being startled by her sister.

"What ya got there Sis?" She tried to peek at the letter, but failed.

Applejack got nervous and put the letter away. "It's a letter from Twilight." She was hoping the questions would stop there, but they didn't. she kept asking questions wanting to know what was in its contents. She thought for a moment before continuing to speak. "She's givin' me instructions on how to help out with the Princesses." She wasn't lying, it was the truth. The instructions were to help them and to get more information on the imposing threat.

Applebloom got wide-eyed with a big smile on her face. "Is there anything Ah can help with?" Her eyes seemed to have gotten even bigger with anticipation.

She thought it over looking at the letter. An idea popped into her head. "Sure! Wanna help me make some of the desserts for the weddin'?" Her sister agreed, happy to help. Once she left Applejack eased up. "Oh Celestia this is going to be a challenge." She shook her head at the chaos that was bound to happen before joining her family.

Author's Note:

Sorry if the language is a little weird. I was trying to keep it realistic to how they talk in the show. You know with the whole accent and everything that they have. Hopefully this chapter wasn't too disappointing. :applejackunsure: :applejackconfused:

Leave me a comment as to why you liked it.
And if you didn't leave me a comment as to why not.
I love getting feedback so I can find ways to improve my writing.

Comments ( 5 )

I think you did great!! :pinkiehappy: Can't wait for more! :)

6349863 That's a relief. I was a bit worried. I accidently hit back and had to start the whole chapter over. Might be a good idea to hit save after ever paragraph and writing break I take :twilightblush:

6349877 I did that too. :twilightsheepish: it really stinks! Now I am hitting save after every word! :derpytongue2:

6350947 Yeah it's driving me nuts :derpyderp1: but better safe than sorry :twilightsmile:

6350983 Yep! Can't wait for the next chapter! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment