• Published 27th May 2012
  • 6,707 Views, 269 Comments

Scootaloo's Dreams - Broneyofnoel



Scootaloo recaps on her life, right up to the moment she is about to live her dream

  • ...
19
 269
 6,707

Ch. 8 Path to nowhere

I cried into the pale yellow coat, I didn’t care if I’d been found here, I didn’t care if I’d been found here crying, I was broken, the memories of star were just too much for me. I felt myself being picked up into a tight, very familiar hug.

“There there there.” the soft voice repeated, I thought I felt a few tears coming from her eyes.

I felt us land and then wings around me, which made the hug even more loving and tight. She just cradled me for a few moments, and I opened my eyes to who I thought it was.

Fluttershy looked right into my eyes, she saw the sadness in me melt away, her gaze was so....so kind, I’d never felt anything like it, it’s almost is as if she was my mom, or at least looked at me that way.

“Fluttershy?” I asked weakly.

“Shhh, it’s alright now, I’ve got you, and you can stop crying.” she smiled sadly.

I realized I was still crying heavily, I wasn’t gasping; they were just freely streaming down my face into her coat. I could see her trying not to cry, I knew she was very emotional, and I was having an effect on her.

“Fluttershy, don’t be sad.” I said, faking a smile, but she saw right through it, I could tell.

She smiled a bit, and then continued speaking,

“Scootaloo, I’m gonna put you down, and then you’re going to tell us why you were sleeping here last night.”

“No!” I whispered loudly.

“Why not?” she said, I felt her wings releasing me.

“I can’t!” I said, I was about to cry again.

I felt her fully release me, only then did I realize that Rainbow Dash and Applejack were watching, they must think I’m a wuss now.

“Scootaloo, just tell us.” Rainbow said kindly.

“Go on child.” Applejack agreed.

“Please tell me...” Fluttershy said, almost asking.

I hated lying to everypony, especially Fluttershy, but if that’s what it took to stay in Ponyville, that’s what I had to do.

“Okay, the reason I stayed here last night was that I locked myself out of my house and my mom was out of town for the night.” I lied; it was a big lie too.

“Why the hay did your mom let you stay alone?” Rainbow yelled.

“She thinks I’m responsible enough for it.” Another lie, these were starting to eat at me.

“Who does your mom think she is?! She can’t leave a little filly alone during a storm!” Rainbow yelled, she was angry, I could see it in her eyes, and hear it in her voice.

“Don’t say anything bad about my mom!” I yelled back, that really hurt, and it made me angry.

“Rainbow’s right, now we’ll have to talk to this here pony.” Applejack said looking into my eyes; I think she caught my lie.

“Maybe Fluttershy should take me home.” I suggested, and before anypony said a word, Fluttershy interjected.

“I can do that girls, maybe Scootaloo and I will have a little talk about this too.”

"Alright, but keep an eye on her Fluttershy." Applejack said, she didn't sound angry or suspicious, but maybe she was hiding it from me.

Fluttershy nodded, and then the two of us walked out of the clubhouse. I looked over and saw AppleBloom and Sweetie belle just looking at me, I could tell that they were hurt; I hadn’t told them something that could’ve killed me. We walked away from the clubhouse using the path that I snuck past AppleBloom earlier with.

“Scootaloo, where do you live?” Fluttershy asked, looking over at me.

“Over there.” I gestured over to the dirt path that held the cart.

“There are not very many houses over there, are you sure?” she asked, looking puzzled. Really all there was about a half-dozen houses surrounded by a dark green grassy field.

“Yeah, totally.” I said, I needed to tell her, but I just couldn’t.

She nodded and sighed a bit, we continued over to the small grouping of houses. We stopped at the gate of the small community, and Fluttershy turned to me,

“Scootaloo, which house?”

That was it, I knew I had to tell her now, and I had to tell her the whole story, not just bits and pieces. I hoped she wouldn’t be mad at me.

“None of them.” I said, putting my head down and looked at the grass blowing in the wind below me.

“What?” she looked down at me.

“None of them are mine; can I just tell you the story when we get to your cottage?” I said shamefully.

“Alright.” she didn’t seem to be mad at all.

The two of us spent the ten minute walk to her cottage in silence, the whole time though, I was trying to figure out a way to tell her. I knew that I had to tell her now, and she expected it as well.

“I’m sorry.” I squeaked out.

“C’mon Scootaloo, you’ll tell me when we get there.” Fluttershy said, taking a commanding position.

We arrived at her cottage; I looked over at her and gulped, although it didn’t seem as if she was angry, it seemed as if....she really cared, or as if she was just feeling bad for me.

The two of us sat on opposite chairs in her living room, and we just looked at each other for a few moments. I looked down for a moment, when I looked back up, Fluttershy wasn't in her chair, instead, I heard her call from the kitchen,

“Tea?”

“Yes please!” I called out; I was always polite around Fluttershy.

She returned to the room with two cups of tea, she placed one beside me, and another beside the other end of the couch, where she now sat down.

“Now Scootaloo, I know you lied to all of us earlier, and I’m glad that you’re about to tell me the whole story, but I want you to tell me everything.” she looked into my eyes, “It’s important that I know everything in this situation.”

“Okay, I promise to tell you the truth this time.” I said, I was in for a wild afternoon, I didn’t know how Fluttershy would react to my life story; something that I’d never told her before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everypony, so this chapter took forever to write, writers block i guess, so yeah, did you like the chapter?