• Published 8th Sep 2015
  • 9,698 Views, 105 Comments

The Warden - Shocks



To guard those that lurk inside Tartarus, caged for eons undone, one must be of an unbreakable will and stand with strength unmatched. Cast out of the light, the villans that dwell in this prison learn that sometimes, the darkness is not as kind.

  • ...
45
 105
 9,698

A Voice in the Void

Author's Note:

Did I expect this thing to last this long? Hell no.

Got me out of my writer's block. So, eh.

Crota stood in the center of the metal disk, normally a spot where his sword would hover for his awaiting return. Now however, he held the cleaver in his hands, the weapon's tip placed on the disk's surface with his thick hands resting on the pommel. He stood immobile, the only noticeable movement being the barely perceived rise and fall of his chest.

Though around him, a chanting could be heard, the sound like that of hundreds of voices all speaking at once, reciting something unknown. His voice joined the colloquy, its deep tones drowning out the others present. His bowed head and body losing much of its usual glow gave him the appearance of almost sleeping, and for many minutes, this simply continued undisturbed.

Then, as if hearing something, Crota's head shot up, his body becoming ablaze once again in his volatile energy.

For a moment, he simply stood there, lost in his own mind.

Then, a smile began to creep up on his face, growing steadily.

At the same time, a rumbling rose up from his chest, the sound of his laughter once more piercing his nightmare realm.

In a flurry of movement, he now brought his sword from its resting position to full battle readiness, the weapon burning with a new intensity, as if reflecting it's master's own excitement.

"You call to me..." Crota began to speak as he wielded the cleaver directly in front of his vision, even as a green fire began to lick at his feet.

"...And I will answer..." His laughter only continued, still bone chilling in all its glory as the wall of flames slowly rose to surround his entire form, reminiscent of a tornado of fire.

It swirled and grew till it was impossible to see the being within, and just as it began, the fire dissipated, leaving an empty spot where the giant once stood, his laughter still echoing in the endless void.

Comments ( 85 )

6405192 Your welcome. You inspired me actually. :pinkiehappy:

What is Crota from?

6405331 Destiny. From the guys that made Halo if that makes things easier.

In fact, "You don't have to worry about escapes" could also mean that everyone destined to escape here will be defeated as usual, right before dinnertime.

And is this anthro?

6405380 Yeah, it's anthro, tags there. Mostly just because Bungie can't make a game without the enemies being bipedal or floating with no legs at all.

Nice job, good story.

The anthro was a little distracting, but I really did enjoy the story.

If the ending means what I think it does then Crota will soon be leaving his position and a far more powerful "Warden" will be coming soon. Any plans on a sequal that goes into that?

6406304 k, I had a feeling, but I was slightly ignorant. I thought it was more symbolic than that, but oh well.

I quite enjoyed this piece of fiction. Any chance of a sequel? or was this meant more as a stand alone?

The very description got me into a good mood.

TGM

Interesting.

Not 100% sure on what that ending was, but interesting none the less.

6406425
Yes! There needs to be more League of Legends Crossovers made! (Too bad Riot Retconned all the interesting lore)

6406665
I think it's how Crota spawns in Destiny. But having not played the game, I cannot confirm.

6406711 Don't worry,I had played the game. Crota actually spawns by having all alive allies next to the crystal.

TGM

6406711

It does kind of make sense, especially since you basically 'summon' Crota at the end of the raid.

If that's so then that means Crota just went to his death, though. :c

Holy-alright, response time...

6405411 6405769 6406394 6405822 Thank you.

6406304 Bingo.

6406206 6406561 I don't have any plans to continue the story. It was meant to be a one shot, that just sort of got broken up.

6406425 Achievement unlocked: Crushed Hopes. 10 points.

6406456 Your very close in your assumption.

6406665 The ending was a bit of a last minute addition, an epilogue of sorts. It hints at the Displaced's sort of summoning ability, without getting into it directly.

6406762 1 week until all your year one weapons are absolutely worthless.

Well, this was certainly some prose.

6406961 Not really that bad, just rather purple, especially in the first chapter.

6407002 Ah. That it is.

"You call to me..."
"...And I will answer..."

Jeremiah 33:3
Call unto me,
and I will answer thee,
show thee great and mighty things,
which thou knowest not.

Not sure if you meant to reference that at all but it reminded me of when I had to study the bible back in '87 as a school thing and for some reason that's one of the few lines I still remember to this day.

The mind is a weird place sometimes.

Oh yeah, also nice write. Kind of a shame that we never get to bear witness to more of this story (Cadence meeting her savior mainly) but as far as a quick story to break writers block, this fic isn't half bad.

I have never played Destiny, however I can't help but say: well done :raritywink: :coolphoto:

Saw the title and immediately assumed by the description it would be a Superjail crossover and was sad when it wasnt.

So the Hive control equestria's hell?

Fitting.

This has the one thing that all other displaced stories needed to have, an ending. Seriously though, not nearly as bad as some of the ones that have come up here.

6407635 I read it for that reason too but....*sadness*

Except the do/did thing it was pretty amazing. Short, well thoughtout, well written overall, and a nice scene.

6407168 Illuminati confirmed.

6407209 I'm afraid I did not write those words knowing the connection.

6407609 6407850 Thanks.

6407674 Yep.

6407635 6407783 No super jail for you.

Judging from the picture, am I to assume that the jailer is Crota? And here I thought some Gjallarhorns to the face combined with a few stabbings would have taken him out permanently!

6408153 He is indeed. And its all fun and games until his daddy show up to skullfuck your guardian.

Not really sure what it is crossevered with, but it's s food story. Every prison needs a warden. And a point was made that Celestia has essentially put many there for eternity with no chance of release or if death.

Who is the real villian then?

could there possibly be a sequel?

Jesus but this thing needs a proofreader badly. "Faze into the door?" Really?

6408392 Crossover with the game Destiny.

6408505 Thanks.

6408905 I have neither a pre-reader nor an editor. So... I'm the best I got. Which isn't much.

6408873 Nope.

6408712 Same thing with Wlam.

6408934 pleeeeeeaaaase!

6408934
I recommend investing in a good dictionary, then, because that wasn't even the first or only misused word I noticed.

So... I really liked this one, aside from the unnecessary Displaced and Anthro stuff. I kinda want to read more...

6408905 FaZe Into Thedoor? I didn't know they got a new member.

6408153 no he needed to respawn to take more Gallys to the face over and over

Why can't you just, I don't know, use the actual crossover character instead of a goddamn cosplayer?

6409804 Because sometimes the crossover in question doesn't have any characters to work with. You have to make your own.

6406932

Not true

Red Death, Hawkmoon and Thunderlord get year 2 versions

Login or register to comment