• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 428 Views, 0 Comments

Dragon Blues: Spike's Song - Bit-Bolt



Twilight manages to shanghai the speedy dragon known as Bolt, into helping her with an experiment. Soon Bolt causes trouble for Twilight and she sends both Bolt and Spike out into Ponyville. Where Bolt will teach Spike what it means to be a dragon.

  • ...
 0
 428

Hydra Hijinks

Sometime later Spike and Bolt had arrived at the Froggy Bog Swamp. Spike pulled on Bolt’s tail giving a warning.

“You know this place is home to a hydra right?”

“Exactly, the best way for you to learn is claws on experience.” Bolt replied as he picked up a nearby bolder. He hurled the rock with great force into one of the sleeping hydra’s many head. The hydra was an ancient serpentine water monster that resembled a giant snake. The beast stood up towering over the two dragons. It raised it’s leg only to bring it crashing down upon the dragons. Bolt pushed Spike away from the attack as he caught the beats giant claw in his hands. Bolt’s immense strength allowed him to flip the hydra that was several times larger than him over his head. The many-headed snake came crashing to the ground with a loud hiss. Spike seemed shocked as he ran away from the large impact.

“I don’t think I can do this.” Spike stuttered shaking on the spot.

“Don’t over think it. Listen to your gut and trust your instincts.” Bolt told the hatchling as he zipped over beside him. The great sea snake started to slither back onto its feet as Bolt got into position. “Spike on the count of three.” Spike shook his head trying to collect his wits while wondering what he had got himself into. “One…Two….THREE.” With that both dragons stood firm and roared fiercely spewing forth a wonderus wall of green and red flames. The fire merged and engulfed the sea serpent while it flailed in pain. After being burned to ashes the hydra fell defeated and dead. Spike jumped into the air slapping Bolt’s claw with his own.

“I did it….I DID IT!” The purple dragon shouted excited amazed at the power he had no idea he had hidden within him. Bolt opened the mouth of their fallen foe and tore out one of its large teeth. He handed the ivory to Spike while shooting him a thumbs up.

“Keep that was a reminder of what you are capable of.” Bolt told Spike as he turned walking away. “Come on kid let’s get back to Twilight.”

Spike gripped the large white fang with both claws and smiled feeling a great sense of pride and accomplishment. “Bolt…thank you. I’ve never felt so alive. That felt so much more amazing than fetching books or cooking lunch.”

“No worries. I’m glad I could help you find your inner dragon.”

Bolt skidded to a stop after dashing across town at light speed. He placed Spike down and reentered the Golden Oak library. Twilight while still frazzled had calmed down significantly greeting them. “Hello boys. Did you enjoy your walk around town?”

“Yeah it’s more exciting around here than I thought. Spike and I got along pretty well to.”

Twilight trotted over to Bolt making an annoyed face placing her hoof on his chest. “Good because you’re going to be watching him tonight to make up for destroying my machine. I’ve got something important that Princess Celestica wants me to look into in Canterlot. You guys behave and I’ll be back tomorrow.” She told the two filling her saddlebags and heading out the door. Bolt and Spike smirked as Spike said.

“I’ve got a date with Rarity. Have fun watching the library.”

Bolt’s expression turned shocked as Spike closed the door behind him. Spike opened the door poking his head back in. “Oh and Twilight said she wants all the books reorganized. It’s not that hard after all if a baby dragon can do it I’m sure you’ll have no trouble.” Spike told Bolt with a smug smirk slamming the door shut.

Bolt looked around at the large number of shelves while smoke bellowed from his nostrils. Looking annoyed he gave a sigh and speed off. He zoomed around the library, organizing all the books in order within a matter of seconds thanks to his super speed. The last book he got his hands on was labeled Twilight Sparkle’s diary. The blue dragon flipped it open and thought to himself. “And here I thought it was going to be a boring night.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment