• Published 18th Oct 2015
  • 47,553 Views, 4,791 Comments

Change - tom117z



Twilight Sparkle is not who she says she is, she doesn't really know WHAT she is...

  • ...
150
 4,791
 47,553

PreviousChapters Next
30 - Act 1 Epilogue

Elsewhere, far from Equestria



Deep within a hive much like Chrysalis' own, an ancient queen sat on her menacing obsidian and bone throne, communicating with her various drones throughout the hive. The Queen had a blood red mane and eyes to match, contrasting with the standard colouration of changeling queens; and unlike Chrysalis she was well groomed and put great stock into appearances.

"My Queen!" a changeling guard captain burst in holding a scroll in his sickly green aura. "Our spies have reported in!"

Eagerly the ancient queen took the scroll, unravelled it and took in its contents.

"Well well, it would seem Chrysalis has been making friends," the Queen said in a mocking tone. "I knew I shouldn't have relied on that fool of an infiltrator to do our job for us, perhaps I should have opted for more direct oversight, sent agents of our own. They wouldn't have made such... amateur mistakes."

"It's ironic, Infiltrator Serpens was sent out by his queen with the mission to drive Equestria and the Badlands Hive apart, and all the infiltrator did was bring them together instead," the drone remarked snidely.

"It is indeed. In his failure he has forged an alliance between two of my enemies, this cannot stand."

"What should be done with Serpens' hive? They are an ally after all."

"They knew the price of failure. Burn them. Queen Vespula's hive is but a couple thousand strong, they are small and insignificant. This will teach our other 'cherished' allies not to make the same mistakes."

"It will be done my Queen, but-"

"But?"

"The Badlands Hive... if they seek help from the ponies, they must be weaker than we believed! We should strike at them now, eliminate another rival for good."

"Captain... could you have said anything more incompetent?" the Queen asked with a snarl.

The captain recoiled in fear. "My Queen?" he asked shakily.

"They are anything but weak, they have the princesses on their side and not only that, her daughter has returned, the Element of Magic no less... not to mention the fact that we don't actually know where their hive is other than 'in the Badlands somewhere'. Any future actions must be planned carefully."

"Forgive me, my Queen." The guard bowed his head. "I was out of line."

"You are forgiven, Captain. Now leave me, I have a council to call."

"The Royal Council? You are gathering the queens? All of them?"

"I am, including Chrysalis and her ilk. And double our efforts to discover her hive's exact location, if I need to destroy her personally it would be good to know where she lives."

"U-understood, Queen Crudelis."

Bowing one last time the guard slipped out of the room, cursing his own brashness. He had a lot of work ahead of him, locating all of the queens and arranging a council could take months, even years. Not once has there been a matter that had gathered the queens immediately, and he doubted this time would be any different.

Crudelis quickly turned her attention back to the scroll, reading it over and over. "So you have the princesses at your beck and call now, Chrysalis? All because of that daughter of yours, Element of Magic, hero of Equestria..." the Queen chuckled sadistically. "If you think 'Broad Sword' was the worst of your troubles, you are a bigger fool than I thought..."

"Oh I am looking forward to killing you, Twilight Sparkle."

End of Act 1

Author's Note:

Moving on forward...

The story isn't over yet! Act 2 is continuing here, if there is a sequel in the future it will be separate from the 'Crudelis Arc'.

PreviousChapters Next