• Published 17th Aug 2015
  • 1,005 Views, 26 Comments

The Lockseed's curse - Equestriasservant



Life in Ponyville is disrupted by a human arriving with a strange power, an even stranger past and an EVEN stranger destiny

  • ...
7
 26
 1,005

Chapter 3: The Shadow vs the invader

Rainbow Dash dodged out of the way as the rapier swung through the air. She backpedaled through the air, her wings flapping hurriedly beating the air. The creature growled in anger, it's yellow teeth bared in a snarl. Tightening its grip on the sword, the creature swung its' arm in a wide arc. The tip of the blade whistled loudly as it swung. Rainbow dodged once again. She was vaguely aware of her friends shouting at her to retreat and let the guards handle it. But her strong willed attitude was going to let her listen to that. She continually dodged the swinging blade of the creature, who seemed to be getting angrier and angrier with each time she dodged the weapon. She smirked as the creature gave a roar of anger.

"C'mon, creep! you think that'll get me?" The creature howled with rage, swinging his sword round. Rainbow smirked, diving under the sword swing and jabbing one of her front hooves into the creatures chest. Despite the yellow armor the creature was wearing, Rainbows strength, honed from countless hours of training, managed to bend the chest-plate with a loud metallic crunching noise. The creature stumbled backwards and the assembled ponies cheered. She grinned as she caught sight of Pinkie pie jumping up and down on her seat cheering and throwing what appeared to be party streamers everywhere. AppleJack, Twilight Sparkle and several guards where galloping, full pelt towards them. Rainbow was slightly surprised to see that both her and her opponent had fought backwards until they were actually in danger of extending the fight into the hallway. Something whisked past her head, taking off several strips of her rainbow mane. She whirled round, to stare at the creature, who was now grinning. Swishing the rapier, so that several long rainbow colored hairs flew through the the hair, the creature tensed its long legs, preparing to strike.

"Don't take your eyes off the fight, you cocky little horse!" It shouted. Rainbow tensed. By now the guards and her friends had managed to spread out around them. The guards were attempting to get closer, only to be driven back by the wide arcs that the creature was swinging. Rainbow bared her teeth. She wasn't sure why, but what the creature had yelled at her had a rather irritating effect on her. She charged. She saw the creatures arm come round. The thin blade of the rapier came down. Then a white light exploded in front of her eyes as pain shot through her head. It was like a burning line of pain across her forehead. Then another line of pain burnt across her forelegs, then across her back and wings. She hit the ground hard, vaguely aware of her friends screaming her name. She looked up to see the creature standing over her. Its blade raised in readiness to strike the finishing blow. The guards around them seemed paralyzed, her friends rushing forward to help. The last thing Rainbow Dash saw was something armored and black, jumping in front of her. Then the pain took over and everything went black.


Princess Luna had sat and watched as the creature had transformed. She'd shared her sister gasp as it engaged the cyan furred pegasus. But when the intruder had hit Rainbow Dash, she'd stood. Celestia seemed paralyzed, frozen to the spot where she sat, her mouth open in a round O. Luna had prepared a spell, knowing that it would be too late stop the finishing blow. Then some sort of black cloud had zoomed past her with a great rush of wind. It had blown through the small circle of guards. Solidifying. Taking the shape of a black furred unicorn with a red thunderbolt with white wings for a cutie mark. Dressed in a grayish cloak that fluttered in the breeze. Pulling a short sword made of black metal out of his cloak using red magic. Shadows blade caught the creatures sword with his own. Both froze in place, their blades trembling with the effort of pushing against each other. While the two gazed into each others eyes, Luna teleported to the group of ponies still standing at the table, casting a spell so that a blue bubble fell over them. Fluttershy and Rarity both sprang to their hooves and began to pound on the shield.

"Let us out princess!" Shouted Rarity, "That's our friends out there!" But Princess Luna shook her head before fixing her eyes on the two frozen combatants.

"Let my apprentice handle it. Shadow will make sure that Twilight, Applejack and Rainbow Dash are safe."

"Your good." Shadow grunted, already beginning to sweat, despite just entering the fight. Luna smiled, while Celestia continued to stare this time in abject shock. The guards standing around the two combatants suddenly sprang to life, some dragging the unconscious form of Rainbow Dash out of the way while several others made to stand around shadow. "STAY BACK!" Shadow yelled, disengaging from the intruder before taking a more aggressive stance. With a yell, Shadow charged, swinging his sword in a frenzy of swipes. The intruder grinned, bringing its' blade up to block. Though Shadows sword moved in a downward arc instead of the upwards swing that it had seemed to be moving in. With a yelp, the intruder stumbled backwards, before retaliating with its own series of swings and strikes. Shadow blocked them all with practiced ease. "Do you really think that'll do it?" Demanded Shadow, smile stretching into a grimace. The circle of guards surrounding the two moved with the combatants as they battle across the hall. Though as soon as one gained the upper hand, the other pressed on attack, taking the advantage. The intruder chuckled slightly before reaching for the black object around its chest. Pressing down the bladed attachment the cheerful voice that had sounded out before, now shouted out again.

"COME ON! LEMON SQUASH!" The creatures rapier began to glow, becoming almost a blinding rod of energy. Shadow smiled coldly. Raising his own sword his horn glowed brighter and brighter. The intruder struck...nothing. Shadow had vanished in a puff of black smoke.

"W-what?" The intruder asked, looking around in surprise. In another puff of black smoke, Shadow reappeared behind the intruder. He grinned raising his sword.

"Game over!" Shadow said. Just as the intruder whirled round, Shadow brought the sword down. There was a short pause as both fights stared at each other, before the intruder dropped his sword with a clang. The armor the intruder had on vanished in a short flash of light. Then the intruders Lock, toppled out of the object around its stomach and hit the floor with a soft crack. The intruder dropped to the floor, clutching the wound in its side. A small stream of blood began to drip from between its fingers. It stared at Shadow for a few seconds before falling face first onto the floor. Its eyes shut. Shadow picked up the Lock device whilst the guards swarmed over to the intruder. Shadow looked up as both Princesses along with Twilight, Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy walked over to him. Shadow nodded at Princess Luna before bowing to the group.

"Shadow, thank you for the timely arrival." Luna said. Celestia and Twilight both gasped.

"S-S-Shadow? Is...that you?" Twilight stammered, staring at the black unicorn. Shadow looked at her.

"Twilight?" He asked in surprise. "Ahhhh Buck!"