• Published 17th Aug 2015
  • 1,017 Views, 26 Comments

The Lockseed's curse - Equestriasservant



Life in Ponyville is disrupted by a human arriving with a strange power, an even stranger past and an EVEN stranger destiny

  • ...
7
 26
 1,017

Chapter 10: Cursed Blade. Brother vs Sister Part 2

Jay dived to the floor, avoiding the disk of black energy as it flew over his head. The energy bolt hit the tree behind him and exploded. Jay covered his head as burning bits of wood peppered his back. The tree creaked slightly and toppled sideways to the floor with a loud crash. The smell of burning wood was thick in the air. Standing up Jay glared at the other human. The female was smiling crookedly, still with her blade pointed at Jay. Rainbow was staring in open-mouthed shock. Then a soft scream sounded behind him. Jay turned and froze. The three cutie mark crusaders, who had been sitting underneath the tree at the time, were now lying, almost squashed beneath the fallen tree. Thankfully the dark energy disk had carved the trunk in such a way that the fallen part of the tree had been balanced on the broken stump, saving the fillies from being fully crushed. However, it looked like the three fillies were being held by the weight of the broken trunk. To make things worse, the explosion had started a fire at the base. The flames were steadily inching along the tree. Jay would've gone to help them but at that moment, the female human had taken a swipe at him. Narrowly missing him, the Female continued to swipe at jay, whilst Jay hopped and dodged out of the way.

"Rainbow if you wouldn't mind..." Jay yelped just as the large black sword whisked over his head in a wide arc, narrowly avoiding getting an impromptu haircut. Rainbow grinned then dived at the Jay's female assailant. "NO, THE FILLIES!" Jay shrieked, as the attacker swung the blade with such ferocity that it stuck several inches into the ground. Rainbow gulped dodging round the wildly swinging sword and dived to the smoking wreck. By this time several other ponies, including Applejack, Rarity and Twilight. Both the farm pony and the fashion pony both gave cries of shock at the two humans then gave even louder cries as their eyes fell upon the three fillies under the burning tree.

"APPLEBLOOM!"

"SWEETIE BELLE!" All three rushed other, Twilight and Rarity both tried to use their magic, but the tree was too heavy for them to lift it more than a few inches. AppleJack and Rainbow, though they were two of the strongest pony's in Ponyville couldn't touch the tree for too long without risking catching their fur on fire. Twilight, gritting her teeth in anger, charged up her own solution. Casting the spell, she sent a jet of water spraying over the tree. But the flames seemed impossible to put out. Instead, the flames seemed to rise higher and burn brighter, which made the situation worse as they only consumed the tree at a faster rate. The fillies underneath were struggling and screaming for help. Then the tree began to rise. Shocked, Rainbow turned her head and nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw Shadow standing beside her. Black energy surrounded his horn. He was hardly even sweating as he maneuvered the burning tree off the three fillies. They scrambled out and moved over to their sisters. Shadow placed the tree down and put the fire out with a flick of his horn. Ignoring the surprise exclamations of the others, the black furred Unicorn turned to stare at the two humans. Jay was frantically dodging the blade but it was clear that he was tired. Several ponies stood around in a group surrounding the two. Shadow chuckled.

"He's finished unless we give him some help." He said conversationally. The others stared at him. Shadow shrugged. "Who wants some cake?" he asked, producing a small box of cakes from under his cloak. The others frowned at him as he snacked on a small pink frosted doughnut. He chuckled as Rainbow stalked up to him, glaring hard at the unicorn. "Alright, Alright...." Shadow sighed putting the box of pastries down. Reaching under his cloak, he pulled out a driver and Jays lemon Lockseed. "HEY JAY!" He shouted tossing both objects at Jay. "Catch!" Jay twisted round, narrowly avoiding getting speared on the edge of the female humans sword and caught both driver and lockseed. Securing it around his stomach he clicked open the Lockseed and pressed it into the driver with the familiar shout of:

"LEMON! LEMON ARMS! INCREDIBLE RYOMA!"

At first, whilst the yellow armor unfolded onto his body, Jay stood quite still. The other human watched, an amused smirk on her face. Jay silently reached round his waist and pulled the thin rapier from his belt. Twilight, who had been watching in silent shock at the fact that Shadow who had managed to get a hold of Jay's Lockseed and driver, now turned her gaze towards Jay as he slowly raised the Rapier to point at his opponent. Twilight frowned. A smile was slowly beginning to rise on his face. It wasn't the normal smile that she'd seen before. It was a cruel, slightly evil smile. Then Jay spoke.

"You know something, girl?" He demanded. Twilight and the others turned to look at each other. Girl? They'd never heard Jay say anything like that. "There are several things you've done wrong today." Jay started walking forwards, still pointing forwards at the female. "First, you attacked innocent fillies with probably pissed off their sisters." Jay continued walking forwards. The other human's smirk had disappeared. She took a step back a Jay advanced on her, slowly raising her sword in front of her as though to shield herself from Jay. "Second, you've probably pissed off the princesses by attacking their subjects and third..." Jay said, pressing down the blade of his driver, three times. "I don't like being slashed up. So you pissed me off as well." Jays sword glowed with a bright yellow light. The woman seemed unable to move as Jay brought the sword down in a swinging arc. As he swung the blade round, a bolt of bright yellow energy flashed forwards. The other human screamed. The gathered ponies covered their ears as the earsplitting scream rent the air. The girls black armor, bathed in yellow light, began to smoke. Jay tightened his grip on his sword. The blaze of yellow light grew brighter. Then, no one was sure how it had happened, the female was gone. Just vanished. As the glow of yellow faded away, Jay replaced his sword on his belt and, with a soft sigh, folded the two halves of the Lockseed back together and pulled the Lockseed from the driver.

"LOCK OFF!" The cheerful voice called out. The yellow armor disappeared in a small flash of yellow light, leaving Jay standing there, with the Lockseed in his hand. Jay turned round to stare at the group of ponies with a slightly confused look on his face. He swayed slightly as Shadow made his way forward silently and took the driver and Lockseed, before vanishing them with a small poof of black smoke.

"W-W-What was I doing again?" He asked confusedly. The ponies stared back at him. Twilight looked at Shadow. The black furred Unicorn was watching Jay, with an expression most acute to that of someone watching a dangerous predator.


Jay, Twilight, Shadow and Rainbow Dash all sat in circle inside the Ponyville library. After making sure that Apple-Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie-Belle along with their sisters had been sent off to the Ponyville hospital to be checked out for injuries, Twilight had dragged Jay, Shadow and Rainbow Dash off to the library, saying something about writing a letter to Celestia. Whilst Spike made tea and Twilight ran upstairs to grab a quill and paper, Jay watched Rainbow and Shadow. They were sitting quite close together, talking about saving the fillies. He chuckled as Shadow laughed lightly as Rainbow mimed Twilight straining to lift the tree then Shadow snacking coolly on doughnuts whilst Jay danced around an imaginary blade. Jay chuckled.

"You two love-birds having fun are you?" Both Rainbow Dash and Shadow stopped dead. Jay chuckled even louder as both Unicorn and Pegasus started blushing rather heavily. "What?" He asked as both Rainbow and Shadow turned to fully glare at him, Shadow looking as though he wanted to do any number of unpleasant things to the human. "I thought it was brutally obvious that Shadow is hanging off your every word Rainbow and I....I" He had suddenly noticed that both Rainbow and Shadow were no longer blushing. Shadow had bared his teeth in a snarl. Rainbow's whole face was going red, which combined with her cyan fur, was turning her face an ugly shade of purple. I'm going to stop talking now." Jay said but it was to late. Twilight, who had finally found both an ink bottle, quill and piece of parchment, returned from the upper rooms of the library, to find Jay lying on the floor, with Rainbows foreleg wrapped around his throat delivering a hard noogie to Jays head with Shadow attempting to punch his stomach. "JUST BECAUSE I SAID YOU LIKE EACH OTHER DOESN'T MEAN...." Jay was shouting until he noticed Twilight. The other two stopped when they noticed Twilight standing at the top of the stairs. She smiled slightly, after replaying what Jay had just said in her head.

"Oho," Twilight said with a small smirk, walking down the remainder of the stairs as Spike came back in from the kitchen, carrying a small tray laden with Tea cups and a teapot, stopping to laugh a the awkward position that Shadow, Rainbow and Jay had managed to get themselves into. "Something you wanna tell us Rainbow? Shadow?" Jay chuckled at the horrified look on Shadows face, though his laughter died when Rainbow tightened her hold around his neck. He gulped lightly when Rainbow hissed into his ear:

"You are going to get it Monkey-Boy!"