• Published 17th Aug 2015
  • 1,017 Views, 26 Comments

The Lockseed's curse - Equestriasservant



Life in Ponyville is disrupted by a human arriving with a strange power, an even stranger past and an EVEN stranger destiny

  • ...
7
 26
 1,017

Chapter 9:Cursed blade! Brother vs Sister Part one

Rainbow Dash was not a very patient Pegasus. The cyan furred pony was standing in a secluded field, tapping her hoof angrily against the ground, her eyes searching the surrounding fields. Despite being asked by the Princesses to help with that humans training in friendship, Rainbow still disliked the human. She had never quite forgiven the human for beating her in a fight, nor had she felt like the human had won in any fair way, cheating with that Lock-seed or whatever the heck the Princesses had called it. She still felt a twinge of pain in her legs and back whenever she thought about it despite the fact that the doctors in the Canterlot infirmary had patched her up. Rainbow tilted her head back to look up at the sky. It was bright blue, with barely a cloud to hide it. The sun was shinning brightly, casting a warm glow over the whole village. She considered taking a nap on one of the sparse clouds. She could certainly need one. The painkillers that the Doctors had prescribed her had the annoying side effect of making her tired. But her training came first. The Wonder-bolts wouldn't let her into their ranks if she could be taken down by a small white pill. Or rather, a collection of pills. Flexing her body, she felt the muscles under skin flex slightly. She was about to give up on waiting for the human, when she heard a loud, high pitched voice sounded a little ways off.

"Come on Jay! just one interview!" Rainbow looked round. Walking up the road was the familiar figure of the human, Jay. Surrounding him was a small group of three fillies. She smiled at the also familiar orange fur of her favorite fan, Scootaloo. Accompanying her was Rarity's sister, an Alabaster furred unicorn by the name of Sweetie Belle and the bow wearing yellow-furred sister of AppleJack, Apple-Bloom. The Cutie Mark Crusaders. The three fillies had formed this club, to try and find their special talents and thereby their cutie marks through various activities. Though right now, it appeared that the activity had become pestering the human for an interview. The three fillies worked as interviewers for their school newspaper. "Pleasssse!" Sweetie Belle whined loudly, bouncing along beside Jay in a very good imitation of Pinkie Pie. Jay frowned down that the white filly with an expression most acute to looking down at rather neglected puppy. He sighed as he clambered over the fence. The fillies rushed around the fence in their attempt to continue engaging the human in conversation. Scootaloo suddenly noticed Rainbow Dash and gave a cry of delight.

"Rainbow Dash!" She shouted happily. She galloped over and embraced the Rainbow maned Pegasus. It was well known fact that Scootaloo wanted to be just like Rainbow Dash. Indeed, several months back, Rainbow had agreed to become Scootaloo's honorary sister. "What're you doing here?" the small Pegasus asked, happily. Rainbow smiled bumping hooves with her fan. She grinned at the three fillies as Jay made his way over to Rainbow and Scootaloo.

"I'm here to help Jay here learn about friendship." She grinned down at the three fillies as they sat down, pads out and watching Jay expectantly. "You three squirts tryin' to get an interview with Monkey boy then?" The three fillies nodded as Rainbow looked back up at Jay with a snicker. Jay seemed to be finding it very hard to speak without saying something that he would regret. Rainbow smirked. "So, you ready for the training then Monkey Boy?" Jay's annoyed look didn't waver. The human gave a curt nod, before glancing around. Rainbow grinned. "You've already had AppleJack's version of training." She said with a grin, "Now it's my turn to have a go with ya." Rainbow moved forwards, walked past Jay and into the field. When she was a good few meters away, she turned and took a stance, with her hooves wide apart. "Right then Monkey Boy," she called out, whilst Jay continued to watch her curiously. "We're gonna fight! You said you couldn't beat me without that fancy lockseed. Well....I wanna prove it....right now!" She flared out her wings and grinned at the human. Jay was staring at her in confusion.

"What? You mean like...." But Rainbow Dash had given a mighty flap with her wings and sped towards him. "Oh crap..." He mumbled as her hoof collided with his stomach.


Twilight smiled as she sat on her balcony, reading one of the large, leather bound volumes that her library contained. The hustle and bustle of Ponyville, which had first annoyed her when she tried to study seemed as normal as anything she did during the day. A cup of tea sat beside her, which she periodically sipped from as she turned the pages with her magic. She wondered vaguely, how Jay was getting on with his lessons on Friendships. She hoped that Rainbow Dash didn't hurt him too badly. The last thing she needed was her guest coming back with a broken nose or Celestia knew what else. Though Twilight doubted that Rainbow would openly defy Celestia, after the Princess had tasked them with teaching the human about friendship. Twilight frowned at this thought. She had wanted to ask Celestia what the human had wanted with her when he'd first appeared but when she tried asking her mentor, Celestia had acted as though she was more interested in the clouds or making sure that Rainbow Dash had recovered. Twilight had learned early on that when a pony acted in this way that they had something to hide.

Her musings were interrupted by Spike running up the stairs. He was waving a large rolled up piece of parchment in his claw, with a red ribbon tied around it, emblazoned with Celestia's seal. "Twilight. Twilight!" Spike called, a look of terror on his face. "Somethings happened!" Twilight took the parchment from the terrified dragon and pulled it open. She read from it bemusedly, before her eyes widened in shock. She stood up, already reaching for a quill and parchment. Before she could even write a single letter on the parchment, there was a deep boom, resonating somewhere from the outskirts of Ponyville. Twilight and Spike stared around, in an attempt to locate the source of the explosion. A plume of thick black smoke was rising into the sky, obscuring the sun from view. Twilight froze feeling a horrible sense of dread rising inside her. She wasn't sure why until Spike suddenly yelled: "Isn't that where Rainbow Dash and Jay went to train?!" Twilight turned and ran, the letter to Celestia forgotten.


Jay groaned in pain as he rolled around on the ground. Rainbow Dash had just collided with him, her hoof crashing into his stomach with the force of a freight train. Judging from the dent that Rainbow had put in his armor the first time that they had fought, he had guessed that Rainbow was stronger than she looked. Here was the proof. Jay rolled over onto his back, drawing his legs up to his chest. His vision was blurred. He could barely see anything except a large blue field with a horrible bright disk burning his retinas out. A large shadow appeared over him. Jay blinked and Rainbow Dash's grinning face came into view. The Pegasus was saying something to him but Jay couldn't hear much over the ringing in his ears. The Pegasus above him waved a hoof up and down in front of his face.

"Hello....Any-pony home Monkey Boy?" She asked. Jay gave a loud groan, and rolled over onto his side. Rainbow chuckled lightly as she walked around Jay and placed a hoof on the humans shoulder, holding him on his side. Jay had been about to roll onto his stomach. "Hold still Monkey boy....You'll feel fine in a sec. Well if you're as tough as me that is." she added with a smirk. Jay waited until the agony had passed and he managed to push himself into a sitting position. The cutie mark crusaders had walked over, their writing pads abandoned. Sweetie Belle and Apple-bloom both looked concerned. "Don't worry Squirts," Rainbow chuckled patting Jay on the back. "He'll be fine." Jay nodded massaging his stomach.

"Tough punch you got there Rainbow." He said with a smile, holding out his fist. Rainbow smirked, bumping his fist with her hoof. Her smile widened as she helped Jay get to his feet.

"If you can stand that and still laugh, then your okay in my book Monkey-boy." then she suddenly looked very serious. "Just make sure you don't do anything to hurt my friends and you're okay with me." Jay nodded. Any tender moment between the two was shattered as something flashed between the two. Both human and Pegasus rolled out of the way. Jumping to his feet, Jay saw the creature that had attacked them. It was as tall as he was, covered all in black with the exception of its head. A pair of icy blue eyes glared at him out of a pale face. It was paler than anything he'd seen so far in this world. Jay started in surprise. It was another human. The only exceptions were the humans long crimson hair and lips the color of blood. "What the hay?" demanded Rainbow Dash but the assailant ignored her. Reaching behind it, the human pulled out a familiar rectangular black device. A driver! Attaching it around its waist with a familiar silver belt, the human held up another familiar device. A Lockseed! This one didn't have a yellow pod inscribed on it. Instead, a small collection of five spherical objects, arranged in upside down pyramid in a reddish purple color could be seen. The human pressed a button on the side of the lockseed. The lock clicked open.

"YOMOTSUHEGRI!" It was a deeper voice than Jay's Lockseed. Above the other human, there was a flash of dark red light. Above the creature, a large rectangular shaped box, made of what looked like metal appeared over the human. Pressing it into the driver, the other human clicked the lock shut. Pressing down the blade, the Lockseed clicked open with a snap. The black armor dropped onto the attackers head and unfolded. A black cloud poured out from the armor as it folded over the humans arms and chest.

"YOMOTSUHEGRI ARMS! MEI, KAI, YOMI, YOMI, YOMI!" the deep voice shouted. The attacker pulled a blade from its belt. In contrast to Jay's rapier, this sword was thick, with a serrated edge. The other human pointed it at Jay and advanced on him. Jay stumbled backwards as the human, still ignoring Rainbows attempts to catch its attention, pointed its blade straight at Jay's chest. A female voice sounded as the other human spoke.

"It's time to die Brother!" The other human brought its' sword swinging through the air. A bolt of black energy, shaped in a crescent pattern detached itself from the blade and flung itself at Jay.