• Published 18th Feb 2016
  • 1,043 Views, 15 Comments

An unlikely couple - darkmage1997



The children of Harmony tease Celestia when they think she and Discord are in love. Hilarty and hijinks ensue

  • ...
8
 15
 1,043

Chapter 3: Confirmed suspicions?

It was about 1 o' clock when all of the children arrived back at the castle, and when they entered, they all looked at Toby and Silver Spoon, "Ok guys, what's this about Celestia and Discord?" Kelly asked, quirking an eyebrow. Toby then explained to them what he and Silver Spoon had seen.

"So, we were asking you guys for what you thought of the matter," Toby said.

"They're in love!" Heaven and Mavis sang teasingly.

"Mavis, I said that would get old really fast," Nathan said.

"And I don't want you starting that either, Heaven," Heiru added. The two girls puffed up their cheeks in a pout.

"Well, we'd love to stay and chat, but we need to get to our lessons with the two of them. So we'll drop off what we got, and head down into the courtyard," Silver Spoon said, as she and the other new alicorns took their stuff up to their rooms.

"Well, I guess while they're doing that, I'll head to the library, see if I can't find anything to read," Toby said, as he went to the library.

"I'll come with you. I need something to do as well," Joshua said, as he, Raiden, Kelly, Crystal, Nyx and Trinity followed Toby.

"I got some comics that I'll be reading, so I'll be in my room if you need me," Icezer said, as he left for his room. And one by one, each of the children left to do their own thing, leaving Heaven, Mavis, and Serenity all alone.

"So, what do we do?" Mavis asked.

"Want to go braid each others hair?" Heaven suggested.

"O-ok," Serenity replied quietly, as the three of them left for their rooms.


In the courtyard,

"Alright girls, our first lesson will be learning to fly. First, of course, you must open your wings. Once you've done that, you need to flap them until you can be lifted off of the ground," Celestia instructed, as she opened her wings, and began to fly. Each of the fillies then copied the white alicorn. Some were able to get a few inches off the ground, while others were unable to get off the ground.

"This may take some practice," Silver Spoon commented, as she kept trying to lift off of the ground.

"Well, it'll get easier as you try. I mean, just look at Scootaloo. She was already a Pegasus before becoming an alicorn, and she can fly around like little rocket," Luna said, motioning to the orange alicorn, as she effortlessly flew around the gardens.

"We'll try to get you girls flying before your parents come back to pick you up. But for now, why don't we take a break from flying, and move on to magic?" Celestia suggested.

"Good idea. I'm starting to get sore," Silver Spoon said, gripping her shoulder.

"Yeah, those wing exercises are murder on the shoulders," Applebloom added, rubbing her shoulders.

"Well, lets go back inside. It'll be easier for us to focus on magic lessons indoors," Celestia said. But as she entered the door, a bucket of water fell on top of her head. Coughing, she removed the bucket, with an annoyed expression on her face. No sooner then she did remove the bucket, Discord appeared in front of her, laughing up a storm.

"Oh, you should've seen the look on your face, Celestia. Priceless!" Discord cackled.

"What brings you this time, Discord?" Celestia asked, still annoyed at the Draconequss' antics.

"Well, Twilight had asked me to give you these books. She says they may help in their training," Discord replied, giving a stack of books to Celestia, who gingerly took them.

"Thank you Discord. But why the bucket?" Celestia asked, still annoyed.

"Well, I thought it would be a good way to make you smile," Discord said, before teleporting away. Celestia set the books down on a nearby desk. However, she didn't notice mischievous looks on each of the fillies, as well as her sister, who were all thinking the same thing.

'THEY'RE IN LOVE!' they all thought, trying to keep in their laughter.


At the Resort where Twilight and friends were staying, a limbo contest was underway, "C'mon, how low can you go?" Rainbow Dash chanted, as Applejack, Ashley, and Rarity all bent over backwards, trying to keep from touching the bar, while the others were either swimming in the pool, eating some tropical fruit, or just lounging in the sun chairs.

"It sure was nice of Celestia to watch the kids while we were on vacation," Twilight commented.

"It sure was. And she was even kind enough to teach my little muffin how to fly since she has wings now," Ditzy Doo said, as she ate some papaya.

"She was already using magic before becoming an alicorn, right?" Sarah asked.

"Oh of course. Her sister was able to teach her how to use magic, even before meeting that nice young man of yours," Ditzy said.

"I did raise him to be respectful of others," Sarah replied.

"I'm just glad Diamond Tiara now has more friends to hang out with," Filthy Rich commented.

"Yeah, Toby did say that he never had any friends back in the human world. I'm so happy that he now has a large group of friends, as well as a beautiful girlfriend," Ashley commented.

"Yeah. Speaking of Silver Spoon, where are her parents?" Twilight asked, not seeing the filly in question's parents.

"Silver Smith told me that he wanted to go to Germaney for some reason. He never gave me the details," Filthy Rich replied.

"But Germaney is on the other side of Equestria. Why would he go there?" Twilight pondered.

"Limbo Contest!" a pony announced.

"Well, lets not worry about it now," Ashley said, as she got in line for another limbo contest.


Back in Canterlot,

Things were getting hectic for Celestia over the course of the next two days. After the tutoring session for the fillies, she had multiple buckets of water dumped on her head as she walked through doors, slipped on banana peels, or sat on a whoopee cushion, all the while, Discord appeared out of the blue, laughing his head off, half the time, literally. She then became paranoid, as she made sure not to do anything without checking first for any whoopee cushions or buckets. One thing she couldn't understand was why each of the children giggled whenever she passed them, 'Is there some kind of joke I was not told of? If so, then it lacks in taste,' she thought to herself, as she trudged through the halls. Eventually, she came across Chris, "Oh, Chris!" Celestia called.

Turning to his mother, Chris smiled, "Hey Mom, what do you need?" he asked.

"Do you know if there's any kind of inside joke among Toby and the others?" Celestia asked.

"Well, I haven't actually talked to them since they arrived. But if I see any of them again, I'll be sure to ask them," Chris said.

"Ok, thank you," Celestia said, as she made her way back to her bedroom. Before entering, she used her magic to check for any booby traps. After she saw there were no pranks, she carefully tip-toed into her bedroom, expecting some kind of trap. She used her magic to scan for some sort of trap. When she found none, she leisurely laid down on her bed with a relaxed sigh.


After meeting up with his mom, Chris took off to find on of his friends, and see if he can't get an explanation. As he continued to walk, he pondered what was troubling his mother. Eventually he ran into Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara, "Hey girls, can answer something for me?" he called to the two.

"Well, that depends. What do you need?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"Mom thinks there's some sort of inside joke among you guys. What gives?" Chris asked. Taking a moment to process Chris' question, the two fillies giggled, "What? Did I say something funny?" Chris demanded. Silver Spoon then explained everything, "Seriously?" Chris asked.

"That's what Toby and I saw," Silver Spoon replied.

"Well, it sounds a bit unorthodox. I mean, Mom never showed any romantic interest in Discord, at least not as far as I know," Chris said.

"Well, it is something to look into," Diamond Tiara said, as she and Silver Spoon left, leaving Chris to think about what they had just told him.

'Mom doesn't have romantic interests in Discord, does she?' Chris thought to himself, as he went to ask the others for answers.