• ...
34
 24
 3,060

PreviousChapters
Epilogue: 2 Years Later

Twilight Sparkle was brushing her hair fervently. She was going to be late for a date with Pinkie Pie, Gilda, and Rainbow Dash at Sugarcube Corner. Despite having to serve a two year sentence for the crimes she committed with Trixie, Gilda was released early for the 2nd annual Equestrian Friendship Dueling Competition for good behavior. She has never felt better since then. She has become much more accepted by the ponies in Cloudsdale where she lived. She and Rainbow Dash both became members of the Wonderbolts after rigorous training and determination, becoming the first griffon to do so. The following Spring following Lamss’ arrival, Rainbow Dash attended the tryouts that Soarin and Spitfire invited her to, and from the impressions that she gave them during the first EFDC, she passed her tryouts with flying colors and became a full on member of the Wonderbolts. When Gilda was released just months later, Rainbow Dash in her new position recommended that Gilda also be offered to tryout. Like Gilda, she passed and became a full on member as well. While their routine had to be changed for the inclusion of a griffon, they still maintained their status as the top flyers in Equestria. Before she left, Twilight observed a photograph framed on her wall. It featured the winners of the 2nd annual EFDC, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, holding up the large 1st place trophy while being sprayed with bottles of sarsaparilla by the runner-ups, Rainbow Dash and Gilda, while Twilight and the rest of her friends stood around the two fillies cheering them on. Twilight smiled at the fond memory. Her nostalgia was then cut short by her mental reminder of her date.

She opened the door to her house, but as soon as she did she was smacked in the head by a pink hoof. Twilight shook her head to recover from the near lack of consciousness. She then found Pinkie Pie with Rainbow Dash and Gilda standing behind her in their Wonderbolts uniforms. “Hey you guys,” said Twilight. “We don’t have too much time before we need to get back to work,” said Gilda. “We have to fly to Fillydelphia to post the new rules for the EFDC next week and we’re a little behind schedule. So could you do us a huge favor?” “Sure thing, Gilda,” said Twilight. “Could you help us post these rules up around Ponyville?” asked Gilda. “Gilda, it would be my pleasure,” Twilight said. “Cool,” said Gilda. “See you then.” They flew away leaving a stack of papers with the rules on them. Pinkie Pie and Twilight put the stacks of paper in saddlebags and ran around Ponyville posting the rules.

They stopped by the market where Applejack was selling apples. “Howdy Twilight. Hey, Pinkie Pie,” said Applejack. “What are y’all doing here?” Pinkie and Twilight posted the rules on Applejack’s cart. “We’re posting up the rules for the EFDC next week.” “Oh, that’s right,” said Applejack remembering. “Apple Bloom and Scootaloo are already practicing for that. Big Mac and I are thinking about teaming up this year. We’ve been sparring with those two, but they are really good together.” “They are one of the best dueling duos in all of Equestria,” said Twilight. “Anyways, that’s all we needed. We’re running some errands for Rainbow Dash and Gilda, so we’ll be running off.” “Take care then,” called Applejack.

They then stopped at Carousel Boutique, where Rarity was making six fancy dresses for her and her friends for the ball that would take place the 2 nights before the EFDC started. They were wholly different designs than the dresses she made for her friends for the Grand Galloping Gala, but just as ornate and stunning. “Darlings, hello,” greeted Rarity upon the arrival of her friends. “Hey Rarity,” said Pinkie Pie. “Have you heard the EFDC is starting up again?” “When HAVEN’T I?” said Rarity. “Sweetie Belle has been gallivanting up around the house talking about it all week. Plus, I’ve made our dresses for the ball next week.” Pinkie Pie tried unveiled the curtain where Rarity was working, but Rarity slapped a hoof on Pinkie’s arm to keep her from spoiling the surprise. “Don’t touch,” said Rarity bluntly. “What’s going on?” asked Twilight. “Oh nothing,” responded Pinkie Pie. “I was just looking at our new dresses. They’re okay.” “Just okay,” said Rarity offended. She then pulled back the curtains to reveal their dresses. “You saw my dresses and you have the gall to say that they’re only okay?” said Rarity. Pinkie Pie and Twilight were enamored by their dresses. “No,” said Pinkie Pie. “I never saw the dresses. I just fooled you into showing them to us.” Twilight and Pinkie Pie giggled at Pinkie’s prank. Rarity, however, was less than amused. She started throwing empty spools at Pinkie Pie, who ran out of the shop with Twilight. “Oh, Pinkie Pie,” sighed Rarity. “Whatever shall I do with you?”

They then stopped at Sugarcube Corner, where Fluttershy just happened to walking out with some freshly baked bread. “Hey, Fluttershy,” said Twilight. “What’s with all of the bread? Didn’t you feed all of your animals yesterday?” “Yes, well,” said Fluttershy, “that pidgeot is big and requires lots of food.” Fluttershy took in the pidgey and cared for it as if he was one of her own, and through that care, she got it to evolve into a pidgeot, which lives in the mountains, but still gets food from Fluttershy from time to time. “Oh right,” said Twilight. “How is he?” “He’s just fine,” said Fluttershy. “Now, I have to get home. He doesn’t like to be kept waiting.” “Alright then,” said Twilight. “Take care.” Fluttershy walked away nervously. They continued to pin various fliers around the town, finishing Gilda’s favor in the middle of town square, until suddenly, a bright light flooded over the town. Once the light faded, every pony, including Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie, glowed to see a familiar looking airplane flying towards Ponyville.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 15 )

Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and pony mash-up?

Excuse me, I have to fap off this boner.
Added to "read later" list.

652580
I agree give me 20-30 min and i'll be back.:twilightblush:

652580 You don't know how happy that makes me. I always assumed that people hear Pokemon/Pony/Yu-Gi-Oh! and go, "That's seems a little out there." To see such positive reactions so quickly really makes my night.

Best of luck to you with this, but I'm going to give it a miss. Too much OC everywhere, and while the pokemon games are fun I never found it a remotely compelling setting for stories, or a setting inclined to produce interesting characters. As for yu-gi-oh, I stopped liking that around... damn, has it really been coming up on 8 years since I stopped playing that? Man, I'm getting old :P

Anyway yeah, not my cup of tea, best of luck with it though. Also, bravo for the total length.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand done all in 1 go now to sleep:ajsleepy:

652754 You ain't seen nothing. I still have two more arcs of this, the next of which is almost double this one's length.

652754 Plus, usually, if I don't like something and I find that something in the title of a fanfiction, you don't HAVE to read it.

Oh sweet Celestia... Why did I not read this earlier?!!!!!!!!

Awesome story and epic duels. Makes me think what is the recipe for each characters decks:trollestia:

1241108 Yeah, this was supposed to be a Yu-Gi-Oh!/MLP/Pokemon crossover. I have fully abandoned this series after I realized how fucking stupid I was for starting it.

WWWWWOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!


PONYMON!

FAVORITE, LIKE AND FOLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

2682116 OMGWTFBBQYOLOLJSDFPIUNAFLMASIDHFNAPSLDFJAJGFANDGNDJHNAKDFJAIFJN!!!!!!!!!11111

2682135

Ear rape. Pure ear rape.

Sorry, didnt know you stopped this.

Comment posted by Chris Russell deleted Nov 30th, 2023
Login or register to comment