• ...
34
 24
 3,060

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31: Masters Clash

This chapter's featured card: Arcana Force EX - The Light Ruler

Effect Monster Level: 10 ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Fairy

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by sending 3 monsters you control to the Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned, toss a coin: ● Heads: When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you can add 1 card from your Graveyard to your hand. ● Tails: When an effect of a Spell, Trap or Effect Monster's effect that targets this card is activated, negate its activation and destroy it, and this card loses 1000 ATK.


Sammy burst through the hospital doors holding a blanket with the comatose Spike wrapped inside it, and Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were by her side. She entered the room where they were keeping Applejack and Apple Bloom. Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Maddie, Lucas, Scott, and Fluttershy were all standing around their beds with tears in their eyes. Everyone looked at the door as soon as Sammy entered the room. Rarity ran towards Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, hugged them both, and kissed them. “Thank goodness you darlings are alright,” said Rarity relieved with more tears streaming down her face. “Sammy helped us,” said Scootaloo. “We were about to be captured by Trixie and Gilda, but Sammy and Spike came in and they dueled in our place. As we were going back down the mountain, we saw Sammy coming down on her bike and she picked us up and came here.” “Wait,” said Twilight, “where is Spike?” Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Sammy then looked very sullen. Sammy slowly unveiled the blanket that Spike was being held in. Twilight and her friends gasped. Twilight then slumped to the ground and began sobbing as hard as she could. Sammy also had tears streaming down her face.

Alex and Orion vs. Gilda and Trixie

Alex’s Turn: Alex plays the field spell Dragon Ravine. He activates its effect, discarding one card to send one Dragon-type monster from his deck to the graveyard. Next, Alex summons Dragunity Pilum (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1000). With its effect, Alex can special summon a Winged Beast-type monster from his hand and equip Dragunity Pilum onto it, choosing Dragunity Angusticlavii (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1000). Next, he activates the effect of Dragunity Arma Leyvaten from his graveyard, special summoning it from the graveyard by removing from play a monster equipped with a Dragunity monster (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1200). Next, Alex activates its next effect. When it’s summoned, Alex can target a dragon type monster in the graveyard and equip it onto Dragunity Arma Leyvaten, choosing Dragunity Phalanx. When Dragunity Phalanx is equipped to a monster from the graveyard, it can special summon itself (ATK: 500 DEF: 1100). Alex tunes Dragunity Arma Leyvaten with Dragunity Phalanx to synchro summon Vergil, the Griffin Warlock (ATK: 2800 DEF: 3200).

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda summons Meklord Army of Wisel (ATK: 1800 DEF: 0). Next, she activates Thunder Crash, destroying all monsters she controls and inflicting 300 points of damage for each monster destroyed.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7700

When a monster is destroyed by a card effect, Gilda can special summon Meklord Emperor Granel from her hand (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). It’s ATK and DEF are equal to half of the controller’s life points (ATK: 0 -> 4000 DEF: 0 -> 4000). Because of Vergil, the Griffin Warlock’s effect, it can’t be targeted by the opponent’s card effects, so Meklord Emperor Granel can’t equip it to itself.

Gilda ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Orion’s Turn: Orion summons Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki in defense position (ATK: 200 DEF: 2000). With its effect, Orion can special summon a level 4 or lower Six Samurai monster from his hand, choosing Chamberlain of the Six Samurai in defense position (ATK: 200 DEF: 2000). Next, when Orion controls 2 or more Six Samurai monsters, he can special summon Great Shogun Shien from his hand (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2400).

Orion places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-7700 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-2

Trixie’s Turn: Trixie summons Arcana Force VI – The Lovers (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1600). A coin is tossed. It comes out heads. Next, she activates Double Summon, tributing Arcana Force VI – The Lovers and summons Arcana Force XXI – The World (ATK: 3100 DEF: 3100) A coin is tossed. It comes out tails. Trixie attacks Great Shogun Shien, but Orion activates its effect, tributing a Six Samurai monster to keep itself from being destroyed (Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki). Damage is applied normally.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 7700 -> 7100

Trixie places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Alex’s Turn: Because of Arcana Force XXI – The World’s tails effect, Alex adds the top card on his graveyard to his hand. Alex activates Polymerization. Trixie attempts to activate Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell, but Orion activates Musakani Magatama, negating the Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell and destroying it. Polymerization activates. Alex sends Vergil, the Griffin Warlock (who can be treated as a Dragon-type monster) and Chamberlain of the Six Samurai to fusion summon Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2000). Alex attacks Arcana Force XXI – The World.

Gilda and Trixie’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7900

Alex summons one monster face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-7100 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda attacks Great Shogun Shien with Meklord Emperor Granel, but Alex activates Shift, switching the attack to his face down monster, which was a Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki that was added to Alex’s hand by the effect of Arcana Force XXI – The World.

Gilda ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-7900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying Trixie’s face down card. Next, he special summons Enishi, Shien’s Chancellor by banishing 2 Six Samurai cards in his graveyard. (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1200). Next, he activates Enishi, Shien’s Chancellor’s effect, targeting one monster on the field and destroying it, choosing Meklord Emperor Granel. Orion attacks Gilda and Trixie directly with Great Shogun Shien and Enishi, Shien’s Chancellor.

Gilda and Trixie’s Life Points: 7900 -> 3200

Orion ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-7100 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

Trixie’s Turn: Trixie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-3200 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-0

Alex’s Turn: Alex attacks Gilda and Trixie directly with Dragon Knight Draco Equiste, but Trixie activates The High Priestess’ Staff from her hand, negating the attack, ending the battle phase, and inflicting 500 points of damage to Alex and Orion.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 7100 -> 6600.

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-7100 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, she plays her Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying Alex’s face down card. Next, she activates Dark Hole, destroying all monsters on the field. Next, she activates the effect of Meklord Astro Mekanikle, sending 3 Meklord monsters in her hand to the graveyard to special summon it from her hand (ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000). Meklord Astro Mekanikle attacks Alex and Orion directly.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 6600 -> 2600

Gilda ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3200 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates Reload, placing his hand into his deck, shuffling it, and drawing cards equal to the number of cards he sent to his deck.

Orion places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-2600 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-1

Trixie’s Turn: Trixie activates her Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, she activates Cup of Ace. A coin is tossed. It comes up heads, and Trixie draws two cards. Trixie then activates Celestial Transformation, special summoning a Fairy-type monster from her hand, choosing Arcana Force 0 – The Fool (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Next, she activates the spell Inferno Reckless Summon, special summoning 2 other Arcana Force 0 – The Fools from her deck. Next, she tributes all three to special summon Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler from her hand (ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000). A coin is tossed. It comes up tails. Trixie attacks Alex and Orion directly. Orion tries to activate Magic Cylinder, but Trixie activates Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler’s tails effect, negating the activation of a card’s effect that targets it and destroy it and losing 1000 ATK (ATK: 4000 -> 3000). The attack goes through.



The only thing Alex could think to do was brace himself for the impact of the attack. He could see the blue stream of light coming from Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler’s mouth through his arms which were almost blocking his entire face save the small hole he made to see what was happening. The beam was rocketing out towards Alex and Orion. Alex then shut his eyes completely. Suddenly, a buzzer sounded. Alex looked up and saw that the attack wasn’t hitting them, but a holographic X-shaped banner that stated: 6:00 3RD DAY OVER. FORCE-QUIT DUEL. DRAW. Alex couldn’t believe his and Orion’s sheer luck at that moment. Trixie was dumbfounded as well, but her face looked more angry than Alex and Orion’s faces of relief. Orion used this moment of confusion to turn his duel disk back into his wand and teleport themselves out of the cave and back to Ponyville before Trixie could force them into another duel.

Alex and Orion immediately appeared in Ponyville in front of the hospital. They both ran into the room where Applejack and Apple Bloom were and found all of his friends there. Sammy ran over and hugged him, relieved that he was alright. “Alex,” said Rainbow Dash, “you’re alive!” “What happened?” asked Maddie. “I heard you were dueling Gilda and Trixie. Did you win?” Alex then explained how they almost lost and that they would’ve died if it hadn’t been for the force-quit rules that they implemented. Sammy then looked afraid and ran both hands through her hair. Alex knew that amongst them, he and Orion were the best duelists, and not even they could defeat Trixie and Gilda. Soon, Alex didn’t care that getting back to their home world was going to become an impossibility, because he knew that this one was going to be in even more trouble if Trixie and Gilda became the victors of this tournament. Alex went to the washroom to splash some cold water in his face. It wasn’t helping; he was too busy thinking about the fruitlessness of the tournament and how 5 of his friends were hospitalized because of Trixie and Gilda. He then punched a hole in the wall, sat down with his back against the wall, and wept.

Around 30 minutes later everyone was gathered in the town square to announce the people moving on to the finals. The Mayor of Ponyville stood in front of everyone on stage and began her announcement. “Welcome, everypony. The Equestrian Friendship Dueling Competition now comes to a close as we move on to the Equestrian Friendship Dueling Finals Tournament. After calculating the records of all duelists who participated, we have garnered 8 exceptional teams who will vie for the chance to duel Princess Celestia and Luna and earn one wish from the elements of harmony.” There was only a bit of light applause, as everyone was still to shaken by the events of the past few days to be excited. The mayor continued. “Anyways, as I call the names of the teams, will you please step up onstage to confirm your place in the finals. Here we go. Our first team to enter the finals is Sammy and Spike.” Sammy stood alone onstage, still looking sullen without her comrade by her side. The mayor spoke again. “I have heard the news that Spike has been cursed by Trixie and Gilda, but unless someone will step up to take Spike’s place, Sammy will have no choice but to forfeit the tournament.” Charley, who was standing next to Maddie, nudged her. “Go on,” said Charley. “But I couldn’t,” responded Maddie. “What about us?” “I’ll be fine,” responded Charley. Maddie then raised her hand and declared that she would go, stepping up on stage with Sammy, who looked a little happier to see her friend standing next to her in her time of need. The mayor continued onwards. “Wonderful. The next team to attend is Alex and Orion.” Alex and Orion stepped onstage to applause and a few cheers. “The third team to continue on are Trixie and Gilda.” There was a massive bout of boos coming from the crowd as Trixie and Gilda made their way on stage. “Our fourth team to move on is Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.” They both proudly walked onstage without giving any eye contact to Trixie or Gilda. “The fifth team to move on is Lucas and Scott. The sixth team to move on is Twilight Sparkle and Zecora. The seventh team to move on is Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. And finally, the last team to move on is Fluttershy and Rarity.” The crowd was silent so that no applause could go to Trixie and Gilda in any way. “Is there anything any of the duelists would like to say before we wrap things up?” asked the Mayor. Alex stepped up and took the mike. “I’ve got a few things to say.” He then turned to Trixie and Gilda. “If you think you’re going to win this tournament, think again.” Trixie just flicked her hair with her hoof uninterested. “You took the lives of many innocents these past few days. They will not have been defeated in vain, but you will. I can guarantee that.” The crowd cheered at Alex’s words. “Well, then,” said the Mayor, “if nobody has anything else to say, then I will see you all tomorrow. The tournament will be held in the Cloudsdale coliseum tomorrow at 9 AM sharp. We will see to it that you can walk on the clouds to ensure your safety. Good night everyone.” The crowd then dispersed. Lucas put his hand on Alex’s shoulder. Alex turned around and was given a thumbs up by Lucas. Alex smiled slightly and then looked out towards the sky where Cloudsdale was.

Gilda and Trixie then returned to the cave. Gilda was now alone to be able to vent her frustration at Trixie. “I don’t understand you,” she said choking up. “I don’t understand how you could willingly take the life of a filly just to propagate your stupid regime.” Gilda just sighed and said, “Anypony that decides to stand up to me will be made an example of.” “But kids?” asked Trixie. “How could you do such a thing to a kid?” “Listen here Gil-duh, you should be thanking me.” “You swore never to CALL ME THAT!” yelled Gilda as she slashed at Trixie with her front claws. Trixie wiped the blood off of her cheek and shot a ball of energy at Gilda, sending her flying against the wall.” Gilda was then held telepathically by Trixie by her neck, and was practically being suffocated. “You listen to me,” whispered Gilda full of rage. “You wanted to teach those ponies in Ponyville a lesson, and now we’re making that dream of reality. We can be the most powerful duo who ever lived.” “But I don’t want it on the backs of children,” gasped Gilda, struggling for air. “Then quit,” said Trixie. “No,” wept Gilda weakly. “Why not?” “Because we need to survive now,” said Gilda looking for all the right words to please Trixie so she could breathe again. “Good,” said Trixie. She then lightly slapped her on the face with her bloodied hoof and stopped her telepathic hold on Gilda. She then used a spell to heal her wounds and walked away. Gilda just dug her head into her arms and wept quietly.

PreviousChapters Next