• ...
34
 24
 3,047

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30: The Deadly Rematch

This chapter's featured card: Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk

Effect Monster Level: 10 ATK: 0 DEF: 0 Attribute: DARK Type: Machine

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by controlling 3 or more face-up "Meklord" monsters. When this card is Special Summoned, you can select any number of face-up "Meklord" monsters you control, except this card, and send them to the Graveyard. This card's ATK is equal to the total original ATK of the monsters sent to the Graveyard by this effect. While this card is face-up on the field, when a Synchro Monster(s) is Special Summoned, inflict 1000 damage to the player that Summoned.


Soarin and Spitfire rode down to Ponyville with the comatose Applejack and Apple Bloom in tow. Most ponies and others were done dueling for the day and waited for the announcement for the finals to come. Soarin and Spitfire gently dropped Applejack and Apple Bloom at the hospital entrance and took a couple of breaths before carrying them in. Alex and Orion who were walking by looking for one last opponent to face saw the two and clasped their hands to their mouths. “Oh no,” said Alex sadly, “not them too.” “Not only that,” said Spitfire, “but Sammy and Spike found them and now they’re forcing them into a duel.” “Where?” said Alex with worry in his voice, knowing exactly who “they” were. “See that mountain there?” said Soarin pointing in the direction of a tall mountain. “Yeah,” said Alex. Before Soarin could respond, Alex was already sprinting towards the mountain Orion followed. Alex then summoned his salamence Zephyr from its pokéball, with both Alex and Orion jumping on it while it was flying, and sped off to try and save his sister.

Trixie and Gilda vs. Sammy and Spike

Trixie’s Turn: Trixie summons Arcana Force III – The Empress (ATK: 1300 DEF: 1300). A coin is tossed, it ends up heads.

Trixie places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Sammy’s Turn: Sammy activates Card Destruction, having all opponents send all cards in their hands to the graveyards and draw cards equal to the amount they discarded. Sammy then summons Laval Firedog (ATK: 1900 DEF: 200). Trixie activates Arcana Force III – The Empress’ heads effect. When her opponent normal summons a monster, she can special summon an Arcana Force monster from her hand, choosing Arcana Force XVIII - The Moon (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2800). A coin is tossed. It comes up tails. Trixie activates Reversal of Fate, switching the effect of Arcana Force XVIII - The Moon from its tails effect to its heads effect.

Sammy places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda summons one monster face down.

Gilda places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Spike’s Turn: Spike summons Jurrac Guaiba (ATK: 1700 DEF: 400). Trixie activates the effect of Arcana Force III - The Empress, special summoning an Arcana Force monster from her hand, choosing Arcana Force XV – The Fiend (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2500) Spike attacks Gilda’s face down monster, which was a Meklord Army of Skiel. When Meklord Army of Skiel is destroyed in battle, Gilda can special summon a Meklord Army from her deck, choosing Meklord Army of Wisel (ATK: 1800 DEF: 0). When Jurrac Guaiba destroys a monster by battle, Spike can special summon a Jurrac monster with 1700 or less ATK, choosing Jurrac Velo (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1000). Spike overlays Jurrac Guaiba and Jurrac Velo to xyz summon Evolzar Laggia (ATK: 2400 DEF: 2000).

Spike places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2



Zephyr swooped up to the edge of the cliff to the right of Sammy and Spike, dropping Alex and Orion off as it landed. “Alex,” said Sammy. “What are you doing here?” “Are you alright?” he asked. “The duel just started,” she said. “Well, if it isn’t our good friends Alex and Orion,” said Trixie. “Looks like he came to watch me take her sister’s life.” “Don’t you say stupid shit like that,” said Alex full of rage. “My sister beat you once before, she can sure as hell beat you again.” “Hmph,” grunted Trixie, “we’ll see.”



Trixie’s Turn: During Trixie’s standby phase, because of Arcana Force XVIII - The Moon’s heads effect, she can special summon a Moon Token to her side of the field (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Spike activates the effect of Evolzar Laggia, removing 2 xyz materials from it to negate the special summoning of a monster and destroy it. Trixie activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards when a monster she controls is destroyed. Trixie then tributes Arcana Force III – The Empress, Arcana Force XV – The Fiend, and Arcana Force XVIII – The Moon to special summon Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler (ATK: 4000 DEF: 4000). A coin is tossed. It comes out heads. Trixie attacks Flamvell Firedog, but Sammy activates Invincible Hero, preventing Flamvell Firedog’s destruction. Battle damage is still applied.

Sammy and Spike’s Life Points: 8000 -> 5900

Trixie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-6 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“SAMMY!” cried Alex in worry. “I’m just fine,” said Sammy. “I’ll just be sure to never let that happen again.”



Sammy’s Turn: Sammy activates the spell card Rekindling, but Gilda activates Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell, discarding a spell card in her hand to negate the activation of a spell card and destroy it. Furthermore, Sammy cannot activate Rekindling cards for the rest of the duel. Sammy then summons Tender of the Laval Volcano (ATK: 100 DEF: 200). Sammy tunes Flamvell Firedog with Tender of the Laval Volcano to synchro summon Lavalval Dragon (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1100). Sammy activates Tender of the Laval Volcano from her graveyard, sending a Laval monster from her deck to her graveyard while she has a different Laval monster in her graveyard. Next, Sammy activates Lavalval Dragon’s effect, sending 2 Laval monsters from her graveyard to her deck to target one card her opponent controls and sends it to their hand(s). She activates this effect twice, sending Arcana Force EX – The Light Ruler and Meklord Army of Wisel to Trixie and Gilda’s hands, respectively. Sammy attacks Trixie and Gilda directly with Lavalval Dragon.

Trixie and Gilda’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6000

Sammy places 1 card face down and ends her turn. Trixie is one card over the hand size limit, and discards one card.

Status: Hand-1 Life-5900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“Alright,” said Alex, relieved at Sam’s tide turning. He knew she was a strong and resourceful duelist, and she wouldn’t be taken out that easily, if at all. Gilda then smirked as she saw her next move.



Gilda’s Turn: Gilda activates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, she summons Meklord Army of Wisel. Then, she activates Double Summon, summoning Meklord Army of Granel (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1200). When Meklord Army of Granel is normal summoned, Gilda can halve the ATK of one monster on the field, choosing Evolzar Laggia (ATK: 2400 -> 1200). Then , she activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Meklord Army of Skiel from her graveyard (ATK: 1200 DEF: 1000). Next, she activates the effect of Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk, special summoning it from her hand when she controls 3 or more Meklord monsters (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Next, she activates Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk’s effect, sending all Meklord monsters she controls to her graveyard to have it gain ATK equal to the combined ATK of the monsters sent to the graveyard (ATK: 1800 + 1600 + 1200 = 4600). Trixie attacks Evolzar Laggia, but Sammy activates Negate Attack.

Gilda places 1 card face down and ends her turn. Evolzar Laggia’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 1200 -> 2400).

Status: Hand-1 Life-6000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Spike’s Turn: Spike activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Then, he activates his trap Call of the Haunted, special summoning Jurrac Guaiba from his graveyard. Spike tributes Evolzar Laggia and Jurrac Guaiba to summon Jurrac Titano (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2800). Next, Spike activates Megamorph, doubling Jurrac Titano’s ATK (ATK: 3000 -> 6000). Then, Spike activates Jurrac Titano’s effect, removing from play a Jurrac monster with 1700 or les ATK to increase its ATK by 1000 (ATK: 6000 -> 7000). Spike attacks Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk.

Trixie and Gilda’s Life Points: 6000 -> 3600

Because Sammy and Spike’s life points are higher than Trixie and Gilda’s, Jurrac Titano’s ATK is halved (ATK: 7000 -> 2500). Trixie activates her Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards if a monster she controls is destroyed. Spike then activates Meteor of Destruction, inflicting 1000 points of damage to Trixie and Gilda.

Trixie and Gilda’s Life Points: 3600 -> 2600

Spike ends his turn. Jurrac Titano’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 2500 -> 1500).

Status: Hand-1 Life-5900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“Good going,” said Orion. Sammy and Spike were doing very well. At this rate, they might even beat them. The anger that soon appeared in Trixie’s eyes looked to see that that would not happen.



Trixie’s Turn: Trixie activates Celestial Transformation, special summoning a Fairy-type monster from her hand, choosing Arcana Force XXI – The World (ATK: 3100 DEF: 3100). A coin is tossed. It comes out heads. Because of Celestial Transformation’s effect, its ATK is halved (ATK: 3100 -> 1550). Next, she summons Arcana Force 0 – The Fool (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Trixie activates the heads effect of Arcana Force XXI – The World. By tributing 2 monsters, she can skip her opponent’s next turn.

Trixie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-2600 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-0

Gilda’s Turn: Gilda summons Ally of Justice Core Destroyer (ATK: 1200 DEF: 200). Gilda activates the spell Offerings to the Doomed, destroying one monster at the cost of her next draw phase, choosing Ally of Justice Core Destroyer. When a monster Gilda controls is destroyed by a card effect, she can special summon Meklord Emperor Wisel from her hand (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2500). Gilda activates Meklord Emperor Wisel’s effect. She can equip one synchro monster from her opponent’s side of the field onto it and gain ATK equal to the targeted monsters ATK, choosing Lavalval Dragon (ATK: 2500 -> 4500). Gilda attacks Jurrac Titano, but Spike activates Dimension Trap, tributing Jurrac Titano and removing from play a trap card in his graveyard and activate its effect, choosing Negate Attack.

Gilda places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Spike’s Turn: Spike summons one monster face down.

Spike places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-5900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Trixie’s Turn: First Trixie activates Second Coin Toss. Trixie activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Arcana Force XXI – The World from the graveyard. A coin is flipped. It comes up tails. With Second Coin Toss’ effect, Trixie can redo the coin toss. Now it comes up heads. Trixie equips Arcana Force XXI – The World with Big Bang Shot, increasing its ATK by 400 and giving it the ability of piercing damage (ATK: 3100 -> 3500). Next, she summons Arcana Force IV - The Emperor (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1400). A coin is tossed. It comes up heads. With Arcana Force IV - The Emperor’s heads effect, all Arcana Force monsters gain 500 ATK (ATK: 3500 -> 4000) (ATK: 1400 -> 1900). Trixie attacks Spike’s face down monster, which is an Evoltile Gephyro (ATK: 200 DEF: 400).

Sammy and Spike’s Life Points: 5900 -> 2300

Spike activates his own Card of Last Will drawing 5 cards when a monster he controls is destroyed. When Evoltile Westlo is flip summoned, Spike can special summon an Evolsaur monster from his graveyard, choosing Evolsaur Elias in defense position (ATK: 100 DEF: 2400). Next, when Evolsaur Elias is special summoned by the effect of an Evoltile monster, Spike can special summon a level 6 or lower FIRE Dinosaur-type monster from his hand, choosing Evolsaur Terias in defense mode (ATK: 2400 DEF: 600). When Evolsaur Terias is summoned by the effect of an Evoltile monster, it loses 500 (ATK: 2400 -> 1900). Trixie once again activates the heads effect of Arcana Force XXI – The World, tributing 2 monsters to skip her opponent’s next turn.

Trixie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2600 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-0

Gilda’s Turn: Trixie’s draw phase is skipped due to Offerings to the Doomed. Trixie activates her trap Jar of Greed, drawing one card. Next, she activates Stop Defense, switching one monster on the field from defense position to attack position, choosing Evolsaur Terias. Meklord Emperor Wisel attacks Evolsaur Terias.

Sammy and Spike’s Life Points: 2300 -> 0

Trixie and Gilda win.



Alex was completely frozen with shock and fear. Not only did his sister lose, but she and Spike would be losing their souls in the process. Trixie’s horn glowed red. “NO!” Alex screamed. Strangely, only one beam came out of her horn and was aiming itself at Spike. Sammy could only watch as the beam entered into Spike. As he convulsed and groaned in agony, his scales grew lighter in color and looked worn and decrepit. His body then fell lifelessly to the floor and lay still. Sammy then rushed over to Spike and tried to resuscitate him, but it was useless. She then knelt, picked him up, hugged him like a teddy bear, and cried. “I don’t understand,” said Sammy. “Why didn’t the curse work on me?” “Isn’t it obvious?” said Trixie behind her. Sammy turned around and faced her with anger spelled on her face. “All of the other opponents we beat lost to direct attacks, which affects both players in a doubles match, which is why we could curse both duelists when we beat them. Since Spike was the only creature who lost life points when yours hit 0, he was the only one I could afflict.” She then turned to Gilda. “So Gilda, that is why I couldn’t spare the filly during our last duel.” Gilda was still visibly upset with her over that. “What about the guards Princess Celestia sent to defeat you?” asked Orion. Trixie only pointed at the cave with her hoof.

Alex, Orion, and Sammy walked inside cautiously. Upon walking far enough, Trixie used a spell to illuminate the room. Alex, Sammy, and Orion were all shocked at what they saw. The ground was littered with the cursed bodies of about 2 dozen royal guards. Sammy gagged on her own vomit for a second, but groggily swallowed. “I can’t believe you’ve done this,” whispered Orion. “I won’t let you get away with this!” he cried. “And I’m not letting you get away,” said Trixie. She then used the duel anchor spell on both Alex and Orion, who were both shocked and confused at being roped like this. “What is this?” said Alex. Sammy then said, “It’s a spell that won’t let you go until you duel Trixie and Gilda.” Alex grunted at being trapped like this. He knew he had no choice but to duel. “Sammy,” yelled Alex. “Take Spike back to Ponyville. We’ll take care of these two.” Sammy ran back to her d-wheel, with one hand on her handlebars and one arm cradling Spike, and rode back as quickly and as carefully as she could. “Let’s do this then,” said Alex. Gilda and Trixie shuffled their decks and drew 5 cards. Alex unsheathed his duel disk and Orion transformed his wand into his duel disk, and they both drew 5 cards. “DUEL!” they all yelled.

PreviousChapters Next