• ...
34
 24
 3,060

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: Dueling from Above and Below

This chapter's featured card: Evolzar Soldde

Xyz Monster Rank: 6 ATK: 2600 DEF: 1000 Attribute: FIRE Type: Dragon

2 Level 6 Dinosaur-Type monsters

While this card has Xyz Materials, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. When your opponent Special Summons a monster: You can detach an Xyz Material from this card; destroy that monster.

The Wonderbolts vs. Sammy and Spike

Soarin’s Turn: So:1 Sa:0 Spt:0 Spk:0 Soarin summons Wattdragonfly in defense position (ATK: 900 DEF: 100).

Soarin places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Sammy’s Turn: So:1 Sa:1 Spt:0 Spk:0 Sammy summons Laval Miller (ATK: 300 DEF: 400). Next, she plays the speed spell Overboost, increasing her speed counters by 4 (SpC.: 1 -> 5). Next, she activates the speed spell Summon Speeder, summoning Flamvell Archer (ATK: 1000 DEF: 200). Sammy overlays Laval Miller with Flamvell Archer to xyz summon Lavalval Ignus (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1400).

Sammy places 2 cards face down and ends her turn. Because of Overboost’s effect, Sammy’s speed counters return to 1 (SpC.: 5 -> 1).

Status: Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Spitfire’s Turn: So:1 Sa:1 Spt:1 Spk:0 Spitfire tributes Wattdragonfly to summon Zaborg the Thunder Monarch (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1000). When Zaborg the Thunder Monarch is tribute summoned, Spitfire can destroy one monster on the field, choosing Lavalval Ignus. Sammy activates Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards if a monster of hers was destroyed.

Spitfire ends her turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Spike’s Turn: So:1 Sa:1 Spt:1 Spk:1 Spike summons Evoltile Odonto in defense position (ATK: 500 DEF: 1200). When normal summoned, Spike can special summon an Evolsaur monster from his hand, choosing Evolsaur Elias (ATK: 100 DEF: 2400). When Evolsaur Elias is summoned by the effect of an Evoltile monster, he can special summon a level 6 or lower FIRE Dinosaur-type monster from his hand, choosing Jurrac Herra (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1500). Spike overlays Evolsaur Elias with Jurrac Herra to xyz summon Evolzar Soldde (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1000). Spike attacks Zaborg the Thunder Monarch.

Wonderbolts’ Life Points: 8000 -> 7800

Spike places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Applejack and Apple Bloom vs. Gilda and Trixie

Applejack’s Turn: Applejack summons XX-Saber Fulhelmknight (ATK: 1300 DEF: 1000).

Applejack places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2



As riding duelists approached the base of the mountain, they saw a flash of light with a monster coming from it. “It looks like somebody’s dueling up there,” observed Spike. “Who is it?” asked Spitfire. Sammy, who was one of the administrators to the competition checked the computer in her d-wheel to check the duels in the vicinity. Since there were only two duels happening in this area, it was easy to spot the duel they saw on the mountain top. Sammy clicked on the icon on the screen and saw who was dueling. Her face quickly changed to fear. Spike picked up on her emotions and asked, “Who is it?” Sammy answered with a rev of her engine and an increase in her speed. Spike, Soarin, and Spitfire sped up closer to her.



Gilda’s Turn: Gilda summons Ally of Justice Unlimiter (ATK: 600 DEF: 200). Next, Gilda plays the spell Thunder Crash, destroying all monsters on her side of the field and inflicting 300 points of damage for each monster destroyed that way (1).

Applejack and Apple Bloom’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7700

Next, Gilda activates the effect of Meklord Emperor Skiel, special summoning it from her hand when a monster of hers is destroyed by a card effect (ATK: 2200 DEF: 2200).

Gilda places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“My turn!” shouted Soarin as they made their way up the mountain. “What are you doing?” asked Sammy shocked. “We might as well finish our duel on the way up,” said Soarin. “Fine,” said Sammy, hoping it wouldn’t take much longer.



Soarin’s Turn: So:2 Sa:2 Spt:2 Spk:2 Soarin activates Count Up, sending cards from his hand to the graveyard to raise is speed counters by 2 for each card discarded, discarding one (SpC.: 2 -> 4). Next, he activates the speed spell Ancient Rules, special summoning a level 5 or higher normal monster from his hand, choosing Blue Eyes White Dragon, but Spike activates Evolsaur Soldde’s effect. By removing one xyz material from it, Spike can destroy the special summoned monster. Soarin then activates Birthright, special summoning a normal monster from his graveyard in attack position, choosing Blue Eyes White Dragon. Spike activates the effect of Evolzar Soldde again.

Soarin places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-7800 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-1



Apple Bloom’s Turn: Apple Bloom summons Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 "Saizan" (ATK: 600 DEF: 1800). Next, she activates Double Summon, summoning Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 "Kuick" (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1500). Apple Bloom tunes Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 "Kuick" with Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 "Saizan" to synchro summon Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X "Bureido" (ATK: 2800 DEF: 1700). When Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X "Bureido" is synchro summoned, Apple Bloom can special summon a Karakuri monster from her deck, choosing Karakuri Ninja mdl 7749 "Nanashick" (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1800).

Apple Bloom ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-7700 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1



Sammy’s Turn: So:5 Sa:3 Spt:3 Spk:3 Sammy activates the speed spell Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding one. Next, she activates her trap Call of the Haunted, special summoning a monster from her graveyard, choosing Laval Burner (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1000). Next, she normal summons Laval Coatl (ATK: 1300 DEF: 700). Sammy tunes Laval Burner with Laval Coatl to synchro summon Ancient Flamvell Deity (ATK: 2500 DEF: 200).When Ancient Flamvell Deity is synchro summoned, Sammy can remove from play cards in her opponents graveyard equal to the number of cards in her hand (5). Ancient Flamvell Deity gains 200 ATK for each card removed this way (ATK: 2500 -> 3500). Sammy attacks Soarin and Spitfire directly. Soarin attempts to activate Draining Shield, but Spike activates Trap Jammer, negating the effect of Draining Shield and destroying it. The attack goes through.

Wonderbolts’ Life Points: 7800 -> 4300

Sammy places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Spitfire’s Turn: So:6 Sa:4 Spt:4 Spk:4 Spitfire activates the speed spell Speed Fusion, sending the fusion material monsters listed on a fusion monster card from her hand to the graveyard to special summon the fusion monster from her extra deck, sending two Thunder Dragons from her hand to the graveyard to fusion summon Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2100). Next, she activates the speed spell Synchro Defuse, taking control of one synchro monster her opponent controls, choosing Ancient Flamvell Deity. Spitfire attacks Evoltile Odonto with Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon. Spitfire then attacks Evolzar Soldde with Ancient Flamvell Deity, but Sammy activates Magic Cylinder, negating the attack and inflicting damage equal to the ATK of the attack monster.

Wonderbolts’ Life Points: 4300 -> 800

Spitfire places 1 card face down and ends her turn. Ancient Flamvell Deity is given back to Sammy.

Status: Hand-1 Life-800 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



Trixie’s Turn: Trixie activates Celestial Transformation, special summoning a fairy type monster from her hand, choosing Arcana Force XXI – The World (ATK: 3100 DEF: 3100). With Celestial Transformation’s effect, Arcana Force XXI – The World’s ATK is halved (ATK: 3100 -> 1550). A coin is tossed. It comes out tails. Next, she tributes Arcana Force XXI – The World to summon Arcana Force XIV – Temperance (ATK: 2400 DEF: 2400). A coin is tossed. It comes out heads. Next, she activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Arcana Force XXI – The World from her graveyard. A coin is tossed. It comes out heads. Trixie attacks Karakuri Ninja mdl 7749 "Nanashick" with Arcana Force XIV – Temperance. Applejack activates her trap, Hallowed Life Barrier, discarding one card from her hand to reduce all battle damage to 0. Trixie then attacks XX-Saber Fulhelmknight with Arcana Force XXI – The World. Applejack activates the effect of XX-Saber Fulhelmknight, negating the attack. Trixie activates the effect of Arcana Force XXI - The World, sending Arcana Force XXI – The World and Arcana Force XIV – Temperance to the graveyard to skip Applejack’s turn.

Trixie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-0



Spike’s Turn: So:7 Sa:5 Spt:5 Spk:5 Sammy activates Trap Stun, preventing the activation of all trap cards on the field this turn. Spike activates Speed World 2’s effect. By removing 4 speed counters, Spike can inflict 800 points of damage to his opponent for every speed spell he has in his hand. He has 1.

Wonderbolts’ Life Points: 800 -> 0

Sammy and Spike win.



With that, Sammy asked Soarin, “There. Happy? Now let’s save Applejack and Apple Bloom.” They continued their ascent.



Gilda’s Turn: Gilda activates the effect of Meklord Emperor Skiel, targeting one synchro monster her opponent controls, equipping it to Meklord Emperor Skiel, and gaining ATK equal to the targeted monster’s effect, choosing Apple Bloom’s Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X "Bureido" (ATK: 2200 -> 5000). Gilda activates Double Attack, discarding a monster card in her hand with a level higher than a monster that Gilda controls (Ally of Justice Enemy Catcher), allowing it to attack twice this turn. Gilda attacks XX-Saber Fulhelmknight. Applejack attempts to activate Negate Attack, but Gilda activates Trap Jammer, negating the effect of Negate Attack and destroying it. The attack goes through.

Applejack and Apple Bloom’s Life Points: 7700 -> 4000

Gilda attacks Applejack and Apple Bloom directly with Meklord Emperor Skiel.

Applejack and Apple Bloom’s Life Points: 4000 -> 0

Gilda and Trixie win.



Trixie’s horn glowed bright red as two streams of aura wisped out of it. Gilda knew that there should have only been one. “Wait!” she cried to Trixie, but it was too late. “Apple Bloom, run!” shouted Applejack to her sister. The first beam entered into Applejack, who elicited an agonized yell as her coat got lighter, her hair became white, and her body wizened. Apple Bloom saw this and tried to run away, but to no avail. Gilda watched with horror as she saw the effects of the Soul Locking curse afflict Apple Bloom. For the first time, she saw a true glimpse of how destructive their acts were. When she was taking the lives of adults it was different; they could put up more of a fight. To Gilda, however, taking the life of a defenseless filly or colt was inexcusable. She stared with shock as Apple Bloom’s motionless, wizened body crumpled to the ground. She then stared at Trixie, who laughed at what she had just done. This scared Gilda even more. Is this really what I’ve become? thought Gilda. Trixie then directed her attention to the two fillies weeping over Apple Bloom’s body. “Now, where were we?” asked Trixie aloud as she was about to use the duel anchor spell on Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Before the 2 beams connected, Sammy's d-wheel and Spike's skateboard like device flew low above the ground in between Trixie and the two fillies. Sammy and Spike came to a drifting stop with the bike/front of board facing Trixie, kicking up a lot of dust.

When the dust cleared, Trixie saw the two duel anchor streams wrapped around the arms of not Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, but Sammy and Spike instead. Trixie growled as the anchors went invisible, having already picked their targets. “How about you pick on someone your own ages, you cowardly bitches,” snarled Sammy. She then turned to tell Soarin and Spitfire, who were there next to her, to take the two fillies back to Ponyville, but was distracted by the sight of Applejack and Apple Bloom’s cursed bodies. Sammy could barely control her anger. “How could you?” she said as she clenched her fist as hard as she could. “HOW COULD YOU!” yelled Sammy. “Calm down,” said Trixie. “Screaming your head off isn’t going to bring them back any faster. In fact, that won’t bring them back at all,” laughed Trixie. “Shut up!” said Sammy. “Let’s settle our little score. Right here, right now.” “Fine,” said Trixie in a serious voice. “You won’t be too lucky this time.” Sammy detached her duel disk from her d-wheel and attached it to her arm as she dismounted it. Spike stepped off his d-board and unsheathed his duel disk. They both walked to the cave with their backs to the entrance, while Trixie and Gilda faced them, being just behind the edge of the cliff. Gilda was feeling uneasy. Having now become opposed to taking the lives of ponies and other creatures, she had no choice but to continue fighting to keep from being thrown into a dungeon in Canterlot for the rest of her life. Sammy then turned to the two Wonderbolts, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. She told the two fillies to ride back home. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle got on Scootaloo’s scooter and rode down the mountain-side. She then told Soarin and Spitfire to carry Applejack and Apple Bloom back to Ponyville, which they did without saying a word. Trixie and Gilda already had their duel disks unsheathed. Everyone drew 5 cards and was ready to go. “DUEL!” they all yelled.

PreviousChapters Next