• ...
34
 24
 3,060

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: Powerslaves

This chapter's featured card: Necrovalley

Field Spell

All "Gravekeeper's" monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF. Cards in either player's Graveyard cannot be removed from play. Cards in either player's Graveyard cannot be affected by card effects, except for their own effects.


“Where are you taking us, Zecora?” said Alex nervously. “If you want to beat Gilda and Trixie,” said Zecora, “then shut your mouth and follow me.” Alex walked alongside Orion and Twilight Sparkle through the Everfree Forest in a seemingly aimless direction. Soon, they reached an open area of the forest that wasn’t covered in trees. Half of the area was walled off by a large cliff with a waterfall. The subsequent river ran right through the middle. “This duel of ours shall happen here,” said Zecora, “so you can conquer your worst fear. But if you can’t, run away and hide, or cross the river to the other side.” “Uh, okay,” said Alex nonchalantly. He then threw a Pokéball on the ground and out of it came a large blue turtle. “Come on, Merrill,” said Alex to the turtle. “What is that thing?” asked Twilight. “It’s my carracosta,” responded Alex. The carracosta then hopped into the river where Alex stepped on its shell and it carried him across the river. It did the same with Orion. Before Alex called back Merrill into his pokéball, he rubbed its head, thanked it, and treated it with a shrimp snack. “Alright,” said Alex to Zecora, “please tell us why you dragged us all the way out here. We could be spotted by Trixie or Gilda.” “That is the point, my bipedal friend,” said Zecora with a slight smile, “but two choices I recommend: Flee and fight them unprepared, or fight us if you dare.” Alex began to catch on. And with a smug smile he said, “Oh, I see what you’re doing here. Then I accept your challenge. Orion?” Orion responded with a nod. As Zecora, Twilight, and Alex were unsheathing their duel disks, Orion made his appear on his arm from his wand. They each drew 5 cards and were ready to begin. “DUEL!” they all yelled.

Zecora and Twilight Sparkle vs. Alex and Orion

Zecora’s Turn: Zecora activates the field spell Necrovalley. Next, she activates the spell card Field Barrier, preventing Necrovalley’s destruction. Next, she summons Gravekeeper’s Spear Soldier (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1000). With its effect, Necrovalley increases the ATK and DEF of all Gravekeepers monsters by 500 (ATK: 1500 -> 2000, DEF: 1000 -> 1500).

Zecora places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Alex’s Turn: Alex summons Dragunity Corsesca (ATK: 800 DEF: 700). Next, he tributes Dragunity Corsesca to special summon Dragunity Arma Mystletainn (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1500). Due to Necrovalley’s effect, cards in Alex’s graveyard are unaffected by card effects, so he can’t activate Dragunity Arma Mystletainn’s effect to equip a Dragon-type Dragunity monster from his graveyard onto it.

Alex places 1 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“When you duel, you require your graveyard,” said Zecora with a smug smile. “Without it, it can be quite hard. If you wish to beat us, change your game, or continue to show us that you are lame.” Alex grimaced at the truthfulness of her words.



Twilight’s Turn: Twilight summons one monster face down.

Twilight places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Orion’s Turn: Orion summons The Six Samurai – Yariza (ATK: 1000 DEF: 500). Next, Orion equips it with Legendary Ebon Steed, increasing its ATK by 200 points (ATK: 1000 -> 1200). With The Six Samurai – Yariza’s effect, it can attack the opponent directly.

Zecora and Twilight’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6800

Orion places 1 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“Our fearsome combo you will now learn,” said Zecora. “Now watch closely. It is my turn.”



Zecora’s Turn: Twilight activates Trap Stun, negating the activation of trap cards until the end phase. Zecora activates tributes Gravekeeper’s Spear Soldier to summon Gravekeeper’s Chief (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1200) (ATK: 1900 -> 2400, DEF: 1200 -> 1700). Next, with Gravekeeper’s Chief’s effect, Zecora can special summon a Gravekeeper’s monster from her graveyard, choosing Gravekeeper’s Spear Soldier. Zecora attacks Dragunity Arma Mystletainn with Gravekeeper’s Chief.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7700

Next, Zecora attacks The Six Samurai – Yariza with Gravekeeper’s Spear Soldier. Orion activates the effect of Legendary Ebon Steed, destroying it in place of his monster.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 7700 -> 6900

Zecora ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-6800 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy Field Barrier, but Zecora activates Curse of Royal, negating the effect of and destroying a card whose effect involves destroying a spell or trap card. Alex then activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2.

Alex ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-6900 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-1

Twilight’s Turn: Twilight summons Gagaga Magician (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1000). She activates its effect to change its level to anything between 1 and 8, choosing 6. Next, she activates Star Changer, raising the level of one monster on the field by 1, choosing Gravekeeper’s Chief (Lvl.: 5 -> 6). Twilight special summons Sorcerer of Dark Magic by tributing two level 6 or higher Spellcaster type monsters (Gagaga Magician and Gravekeeper’s Chief) (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2800). Twilight attacks The Six Samurai – Yariza.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 6900 -> 4700

Twilight places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-6800 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-

Orion’s Turn: Twilight activates Battle Mania, forcing any monsters on Orion’s side of the field to attack if able.

Orion ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4700 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-1



Alex seemed to have a look of despair on his face as he knelt to the ground. Not only did they cut them off from their graveyards, but they seemed to keep them from using traps too. Orion still had a look of confidence in his face. Alex then remembered that he hadn’t closely examined his hand since he activated Graceful Charity. He then started to look at his hand as he felt his hope rising. He then stood up resolutely and said, “Bring it on,” to Zecora. Zecora just smirked and continued.



Zecora’s Turn: Zecora summons Gravekeeper’s Visionary by tributing one Gravekeeper’s monster (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1800). (ATK: 2000 -> 2500, DEF: 1800 -> 2300). With Gravekeeper’s Visionary’s effect, it gains 200 ATK for every Gravekeeper’s monster in Zecora’s graveyard (2) (ATK: 2500 -> 2900). Next, she activates Double Summon, summoning Gravekeeper’s Recruiter (ATK: 1200 -> 1700 DEF: 1500 -> 2000). She attacks Alex and Orion directly with Gravekeeper’s Recruiter.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 4700 -> 3000

Zecora attacks Alex and Orion directly with Gravekeeper’s Visionary.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 3000 -> 100

Zecora ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-6800 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

Alex’s Turn: Alex summons Dragunity Partisan (ATK: 1200 DEF: 800). With its effect, Alex can special summon a Winged Beast type Dragunity monster from his hand, choosing Dragunity Militum (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200). With its effect, Dragunity Militum can special summon a Dragunity card in the spell/trap zone, choosing Dragunity Partisan. Alex tunes Dragunity Militum with Dragunity Partisan to synchro summon Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1200). Because of Necrovalley, Alex can’t activate Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana’s effect to equip a Dragon-type Dragunity monster onto it from his graveyard. Alex activates Dragon Mastery, allowing Alex to equip a Dragon-type monster onto any monster he controls from his hand, equipping Dragunity Aklys to Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana. Alex activates Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana’s effect. By sending one monster equipped to it to the graveyard, Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana’s ATK doubles until the end phase (ATK: 1900 -> 3800). When Dragunity Aklys is sent to the graveyard while equipped to a monster, Alex can destroy one card on the field, choosing Sorcerer of Dark Magic. Alex attacks Gravekeeper’s Visionary.

Zecora and Twilight Sparkle’s Life Points: 6800 -> 5900

Alex ends his turn. Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 3800 -> 1900).

Status: Hand-0 Life-100 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Twilight’s Turn: Twilight tributes her face down Apprentice Magician to summon Chaos Command Magician (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1900). Twilight attacks Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana, but Alex activates Negate Attack.

Twilight ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-5900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Orion’s Turn: Orion activates the trap Sixth Sense, picking two numbers between 1 and 6 (3 and 5). If the result of a die roll comes out a 3 or a 5, Orion draws that many cards from his hand. It’s a 5. Orion draws 5 cards. Orion summons Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki (ATK: 200 DEF: 2000). When normal summoned, Orion can special summon a level 4 or lower Six Samurai monster, choosing Legendary Six Samurai – Shinai (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1500). If Orion controls another Six Samurai monster, Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki ‘s ATK rises by 1500 (ATK: 200 -> 1700). When Orion controls Legendary Six Samurai – Shinai, he can special summon Legendary Six Samurai – Mizuho from his hand (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1000). Then, Orion special summons Great Shogun Shien from his hand, as he controls at least two Six Samurai monsters (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2400). Next, Orion activates Six Strike – Triple Impact, destroying all face up monsters his opponent controls, destroying Gravekeeper’s Recruiter and Chaos Command Magician. Orion attacks Zecora and Twilight directly with Legendary Six Samurai – Kageki, Legendary Six Samurai – Shinai, Legendary Six Samurai – Mizuho, and Great Shogun Shien.

Zecora and Twilight’s Life Points: 5900 -> 0

Alex and Orion win.



“You have finally passed my test,” said Zecora proudly. “In this duel of wits, you came out the best. Now we shall return to Ponyville, as we have more duels to win still.” Alex and Orion then shook hand/hooves with Zecora and Twilight and ventured out of the Everfree Forest together.

PreviousChapters Next