• ...
34
 24
 3,060

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25: Thunderstruck

This chapter's featured card: Thunder End Dragon

Xyz Monster Rank: 8 ATK: 3000 DEF: 2000 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Dragon

2 Level 8 Normal Monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy all other monsters on the field.


Rainbow Dash and Pinkie were flying close by seeing if they could get an aerial view to find Gilda and/or Trixie. Gilda could fly just like Rainbow Dash (and now Pinkie Pie for that matter), and it would be very possible that while Trixie stayed on the ground looking for future victims, Gilda would be combing the skies for pegasus ponies who would try and evade Trixie on the ground. Rainbow would never stand by and let innocent ponies of any breed suffer, and she would see to it that she found Gilda and Trixie before they could do that. “Have you found anything yet?” asked Pinkie Pie. “Not yet,” responded Rainbow Dash. “How about now?” “No.” “Now?” “No.” “Now?” “No.” “Now?” Rainbow Dash then turned around and faced her annoying friend. “Pinkie Pie!” she yelled. Soon, she then collided with a light blue pegasus wearing a blue flying uniform and a dark blue mane and tail. They both became unconscious, falling towards the Earth. Pinkie Pie swooped down on her hang glider and caught Rainbow Dash mid-fall. She couldn’t catch up with the other one, but then another pony in a similar blue uniform with an orange mane and tail with a yellow coat swooped down and caught him before he hit the ground. They both landed near Ghastly Gorge, where the light blue pegasus awoke shortly after. “You okay, Soarin?” asked the yellow pegasus. “Oh man,” he said. “I’ve really got to look where I’m going. Thanks for the save, Spitfire.” Rainbow Dash having come out of unconsciousness herself, saw that she was right by two of the Wonderbolts, her longtime idols. Remembering that she just crashed into one of them minutes before, she then tried to casually walk away, blushing with embarrassment. “Hey,” called Spitfire, “you’re the pony that won the Best Young Flyer Competition that we met at the Grand Galloping Gala. Rainbow Dash, right?” Rainbow then instantly stopped blushing and kept as cool as well as possible. “Sure am,” she responded. Spitfire then said, “I was talking with Sammy yesterday. She said you and Pinkie Pie were really good duelists.” “We sure are,” said Rainbow Dash. “Would you care to test that claim?” asked Spitfire. Rainbow Dash’s eyes widened. “You mean I’m going to be dueling with the Wonderbolts?” she asked vehemently. “That sounds like the long and short of it.” Rainbow Dash then squealed in delight and declared they would do a riding relay with Pinkie Pie and Soarin’ starting the duel.

Soarin and Pinkie Pie decided to position themselves at the edge of the chasm where they would jump off and use their momentum to gain speed skyward and try and touch a cloud that Rainbow Dash and Spitfire fashioned into an X. They both unsheathed their duel disks. Pinkie Pie mounted her hang glider while Soarin stood still and firm, waiting for the sign to go. They activated Speed World 2, setting off the holographic aura from their duel disks that surrounded the area. The countdown began. 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. Pinkie Pie turned on the fans that would propel her hang glider. 5.4. Both competitors planted their feet into the ground. 3. 2. 1. BEEP! They both jumped off. Soarin, a much more experienced flyer, looked to gain the upper hand during the climb towards the X shaped cloud. Before he could reach it, however, he immediately pulled back and let Pinkie Pie reach it first, which not only stunned Rainbow Dash, but Spitfire as well. It is always a huge advantage to be first in a duel, so either Soarin’ just made a huge mistake, or he had a method for his madness. Soarin and Pinkie Pie drew 5 cards as they flew through the near-cloudless sky. “DUEL!” they both yelled.

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash vs. The Wonderbolts

Round 1: Pinkie Pie vs. Soarin

Pinkie Pie’s Turn: PP:1 S:0 Pinkie Pie summons one monster face down.

Pinkie Pie places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Soarin’s Turn: PP:1 S:1 Soarin summons Wattgiraffe (ATK: 1200 DEF: 100). With its effect, Soarin can attack his opponent directly. Soarin attacks Pinkie Pie directly, but Pinkie Pie activates Negate Attack.

Soarin places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Pinkie Pie’s Turn: PP:2 S:2 Pinkie Pie flip summons Worm Cartaros (ATK: 1200 DEF: 500). When it’s flip summoned, Pinkie Pie can add a level 4 or lower Worm monster from her deck to her hand. Next, she tributes Worm Cartaros to summon Worm Warlord (ATK: 2350 DEF: 1800). Pinkie Pie attacks Wattgiraffe.

Soarin’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2850

Next, with Worm Warlord’s effect, it can attack once more if it destroys a monster by battle. Pinkie Pie attacks Soarin directly.

Soarin’s Life Points: 2850 -> 500

Pinkie Pie Places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Soarin’s Turn: PP:3 S:3 Soarin activates the speed spell Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1. Next, he activates the speed spell Ancient Rules, special summoning a level 5 or higher normal monster from his hand, choosing Blue Eyes White Dragon (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500). Next, he activates the trap card Birthright, special summoning a normal monster in his graveyard, choosing another Blue Eyes White Dragon. Soarin overlays the two Blue Eyes White Dragons to xyz summon Thunder End Dragon (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2000). Soarin activates Thunder End Dragon’s effect. By removing one xyz material from it, Soarin can destroy all other monsters on the field. Next, he normal summons Wattdragonfly (ATK: 900 DEF: 100). Lastly, Soarin activates Trap Stun, preventing the activation of trap cards until the end phase. Soarin attacks Pinkie Pie directly with Wattdragonfly.

Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 4000 -> 3100

Soarin then attacks Pinkie Pie directly with Thunder End Dragon.

Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 3100 -> 100

Soarin places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-500 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Pinkie Pie’s Turn: PP:4 S:4 Pinkie Pie plays the speed spell Summon Speeder, special summoning a level 4 or lower monster from her hand (face down). Next, she normal summons another monster face down.

Pinkie Pie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-100 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Soarin’s Turn: PP:5 S:5 Soarin summons Wattberyx (ATK: 300 DEF: 0). Soarin tunes Wattdragonfly with Wattberyx to synchro summon Wattchimera (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1200). With its effect, Wattchimera can attack directly. Soarin attacks Pinkie Pie directly with Wattchimera.

Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 100 -> 0

Soarin wins the round.

Status: Hand-0 Life-500 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Pinkie Pie switches with Rainbow Dash, and will pass her two face down monsters and face down trap card on to her.



As Rainbow Dash gave chase to Soarin, she was then followed by Spitfire who called her over. Rainbow fell back to where Spitfire was. Spitfire then told her, “I know you’re a good duelist, and that you look very highly upon us, but you’re going to need to rid yourself of any negative emotions if you want to have any chance of beating your opponents, especially Trixie or Gilda. The Wonderbolts recruit don’t just recruit the fastest ponies, but they recruit the strong-willed. If you want to prove that you are also strong-willed, then show us your best, and don’t hold back.” Rainbow then remembered Charley, who used her wicked dueling style to her advantage in her duels. Rainbow Dash understood what Spitfire was saying: that she would have to do the same. She drew 5 cards from her deck and approached Soarin to resume the duel.

Round 2: Rainbow Dash vs. Soarin

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: RD:6 S:6 Rainbow Dash activates her Angel Baton, drawing 2 cards and discarding 1. Next, she activates the speed spell High Speed Crash, destroying one card she controls (a face down monster) to destroy a card her opponent controls, choosing Soarin’s face down card. Next, she tributes another face down monster to summon Windaar, Sage of Gusto (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1000). Then, she places 1 card face down. Rainbow Dash attacks Wattchimera.

Soarin’s Life Points: 500 -> 0

Rainbow Dash wins the round. The turn now enters the end phase, and effects can still activate. When Windaar, Sage of Gusto destroys a monster by battle, Rainbow Dash can summon a level 3 or lower Gusto monster from her graveyard in face up defense position, choosing Gusto Falco (ATK: 600 DEF: 1400).

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

Soarin switches with Spitfire, and will pass Thunder End Dragon and his face down card on to her.



“Very good,” said Spitfire smugly, “But you still have me to get through, so don’t let your guard down just yet.” “I wouldn’t give you the satisfaction,” replied Rainbow Dash.

Final Round: Spitfire vs. Rainbow Dash

Spitfire’s Turn: S:7 RD:7 Spitfire activates Thunder End Dragon’s effect, removing an xyz material from it to destroy all other monsters on the field. Rainbow Dash activates Gusto Falco’s effect. When it’s sent from the field the graveyard (except by battle), she can special summon a Gusto monster in face down defense position. Spitfire then activates her speed spell Speed Energy, increasing Thunder End Dragon’s ATK by 200 for every speed counter she has (ATK: 3000 + (200x7=1400) = 4400). She then activates her trap Burning Strike, giving Thunder End Dragon the effect of piercing damage. Spitfire then summons Wattmole (ATK: 0 DEF: 100). Spitfire attacks Rainbow Dash’s face down monster with Wattmole. With its effect, when it battles a face down defense position monster, it destroys it without applying damage calculation. Next, Spitfire attacks Rainbow Dash directly with Thunder End Dragon, but Rainbow Dash activates Blessings for Gusto, targeting 2 Gusto monsters in her graveyard (Windaar, Sage of Gusto and Gusto Falco) and shuffling them into her deck, and then she special summons another Gusto monster from her graveyard, choosing Gusto Egul in defense position (ATK: 200 DEF: 400). Then, Rainbow Dash activates Gift of the Mystical Elf before the attack connects, raising her life points by 300 for each monster she controls (1).

Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 4000 -> 4300

The attack goes through.

Rainbow Dash’s Life Points: 4300 -> 300

When Gusto Egul is destroyed by battle, Rainbow Dash can special summon a level 4 or lower non-tuner Gusto monster from her deck, choosing Winda, Priestess of Gusto (ATK: 1000 DEF: 400).

Spitfire places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: S:8 RD:8 Rainbow Dash summons Gusto Gulldo (ATK: 500 DEF: 500). Rainbow Dash tunes Winda, Priestess of Gusto with Gusto Gulldo to synchro summon Daigusto Gulldos (ATK: 2200 DEF: 800). Next, Rainbow Dash activates the speed spell Final Attack, doubling the ATK of Daigusto Gulldos by removing 2 speed counters (SpC.: 8 -> 6) (ATK: 2200 -> 4400). Next, she activates the speed spell Heavy Storm, removing 6 of her speed counters to destroy all spell and trap cards on the field (SpC.: 6 -> 0). Lastly, she activates the effect of Daigusto Gulldos. By shuffling 2 Gusto monsters from her graveyard into her deck, she can destroy one monster that Spitfire controls, choosing Thunder End Dragon. Rainbow Dash attacks Wattmole.

Spitfire’s Life Points: 4000 -> 0

Rainbow Dash wins the round.

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash win the match.



Rainbow Dash and Spitfire landed where they started the duel alongside Soarin. “Well, Rainbow Dash,” said Spitfire, “your flying and dueling skills have wowed us once again.” “Thanks a lot,” said Rainbow Dash while rubbing the back of her neck with her hoof. “We’re holding Wonderbolts tryouts in the Spring,” said Spitfire. “If you’re interested, we’d like to cordially invite you to attend. From how you saved us with your sonic rainboom or your dueling just now, I can see that you’d make an excellent and worthy addition to our roster.” Rainbow Dash was frozen stiff with her mouth agape. All she could do was issue a high pitched croak in response. “So I take it that you’re interested?” asked Spitfire. “Yes!” cheered Rainbow Dash. “I’d love to. I have to tell Pinkie Pie.” Then she just realized: Pinkie was nowhere to be seen. “Hey,” said Rainbow Dash more calmly, “where’s Pinkie Pie?” “Last I saw,” said Soarin, “she was headed towards Ponyville after another pony told her something. She looked really upset after that.” Rainbow Dash’s ears drooped as low as they could get and she had a look of extreme worry on her face. Pinkie Pie never usually got upset, so whatever happened had to be major. She then flew as fast as she could for Ponyville with Soarin and Spitfire in hot pursuit.

As she flew over the town, Rainbow Dash saw a large group of ponies gathered in a circle near the hospital. Rainbow could hear sobbing down below. As she flew into the middle, she saw Pinkie Pie’s crying body laid over the wizened and motionless bodies of her employers and parental figures, Mr. and Mrs. Cake. Rainbow Dash then held a hoof to her mouth as tears began trickling down her face. The paramedics then took the two confectioners into the hospital where 3 others tried to hold Pinkie Pie back as she fought them so she could be with Mr. and Mrs. Cake some more. As soon as the doors closed, Pinkie just slumped to the ground and bawled as hard as she could. Her normally frizzled hair became long and straight. Rainbow Dash knew that only happened when Pinkie got really upset, and she went over to Pinkie Pie and tapped her on the shoulder. Pinkie turned around and saw her friend standing behind her. She then threw herself at Rainbow Dash and cried just as hard as before. Rainbow caught her, wrapping her arm around her back and putting her head on her shoulder. “Gilda,” said Rainbow Dash in a quiet but furious voice, “you’ll pay dearly for this.”

PreviousChapters Next