• ...
34
 24
 3,060

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: Fluttershy's Lockdown

This chapter's featured card: Naturia Bamboo Shoot

Effect Monster Level: 5 ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000 Attribute: EARTH Type: Plant

If this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing a "Naturia" monster, while this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Cards.


Lucas and Scott were casually walking around. They knew they could get some duels in today so there was no rush. They saw a small group gathered around the outside of Sugarcube Corner. Perhaps with all of the ponies from all over Equestria coming together in Ponyville, it would be natural for Sugarcube Corner to be busy. However, it looked like Fluttershy and Rarity shaking hands with the owners, Mr. and Mrs. Cake. It looks like they just finished dueling. “Hey guys,” called Scott. “Oh, hello Scott and Lucas,” said Rarity. “We were just finished completing our 3rd win for the day.” “3 wins already?” asked Lucas impressed. “Well, how about you duel us?” “Oh,” whispered Fluttershy, “we’d love to, really we would, it’s just, um, we were going to get some lunch.” “Well, how about this,” suggested Scott, “We’ll duel you, and whoever wins pays.” “I don’t know…” said Rarity. “The rules do say that you can duel more than 3 times, but they won’t be counted against your record. So if anything, this is just a fun duel for you two.” “What about you?” asked Fluttershy. “1st duel of the day,” said Lucas. “Fine,” said Fluttershy, “we’ll do it.” “That’s the spirit,” said Lucas. They all unsheathed their duel disks and drew 5 cards from their decks. The crowd that watched their previous duel decided to stick around and watch. “DUEL!” they all shouted.

Lucas and Scott vs. Rarity and Fluttershy

Lucas’ Turn: Lucas summons one monster face down. Next, he activates Double Summon, summoning Gladiator Beast Dimacari (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1200).

Lucas places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Rarity’s Turn: Rarity activates Gem-Knight fusion, fusing her two Gem-Knight Crystals to fusion summon Gem Knight Zirconia (ATK: 2900 DEF: 2500). Next, she activates De-Fusion to send Gem-Knight Zirconia to the extra deck and special summon the 2 Gem-Knight Crystals from her graveyard (ATK: 2450 DEF: 1950).

Rarity places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Scott’s Turn: Scott plays the field spell Sanctuary in the Sky. Next, he plays Photon Lead, special summoning a Level 4 or lower LIGHT attribute monster from his hand, choosing Vylon Stigma (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1000). Next, he normal summons Vylon Vanguard (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1000). Fluttershy activates the effect of her Naturia Cosmobeet, special summoning it from her hand when Scott normal summons a monster (ATK: 1000 DEF: 700). Scott overlays Vylon Stigma, Vylon Vanguard and Gladiator Beast Dimacari to xyz summon Vylon Disigma (ATK: 2500 DEF: 2100). Scott activates Vylon Disigma’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, Scott can equip one of his opponent’s monsters onto it, choosing one of Rarity’s Gem-Knight Crystals.

Scott places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“Ready to see why we’ve been undefeated thus far?” asked Rarity. She then took a glance at Fluttershy, who smiled given the move she was about to make.



Fluttershy’s Turn: Fluttershy tributes Naturia Cosmobeet to summon Naturia Bamboo Shoot (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000). Next, she plays the continuous spell Solidarity. If she has only one printed type of monster card in her graveyard, all monsters on her side of the field with the same type gain 800 ATK. The only monster in her graveyard is Naturia Cosmobeet (Plant-type), and Naturia Bamboo Shoot is a Plant-type (ATK: 2000 -> 2800). Next, Fluttershy activates Stop Defense, switching a defense position monster on her opponents’ side of the field into face up attack position choosing Lucas’ face down monster, which is a Gladiator Beast Secutor (ATK: 400 DEF: 300). Fluttershy attacks it with Naturia Bamboo Shoot. Because of Naturia Bamboo Shoot’s effect, while it remains face up on the field, neither Lucas nor Scott can activate spell or trap cards.

Lucas and Scott’s Life Points: 8000 -> 5600

Fluttershy places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“Now we’ve got you,” said Fluttershy in an evil tone. Lucas grunted knowing that she was indeed right. Without spells and traps, he was a sitting duck, and knowing how powerful of an opponent Fluttershy was, she was going to make sure he and Scott stayed that way. There was only one way at this point to save themselves, and it rested on Scott’s monster staying on the field until his turn. Hopefully, Rarity wouldn’t be able to make a move to change that. Lucas then did all he could do at that point.



Lucas’ Turn: Lucas summons one monster face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-5600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Rarity’s Turn: Rarity summons Gem-Elephant (ATK: 400 DEF: 1900). She then activates her trap Pyroxene Fusion, sending Gem-Knight Crystal and Gem-Elephant to her graveyard to fusion summon Gem-Knight Zirconia. Because there are monsters with different types in Rarity and Fluttershy’s graveyard, Solidarity’s effect is de-activated (ATK: 2800 -> 2000). Rarity attacks Vylon Disigma. With Vylon Disigma’s effect, if a monster with the same attribute as a monster equipped to Vylon Disigma battles it, the monster it battles is destroyed at the start of the damage step without damage calculation.

Rarity ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-0



Lucas and Scott looked a bit nervous; their only ace in the hole was destroyed, and all they could do was defend.



Scott’s Turn: Scott summons Vylon Hapt (ATK: 1800 DEF: 800) and ends his turn.

Status: Hand- 1 Life-5600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Fluttershy’s Turn: Fluttershy plays Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, she activates Lightning Vortex, discarding a card in her hand to destroy all face up monsters her opponent controls, destroying Vylon Hapt. Next, she summons Naturia Marron (ATK: 1200 DEF: 700). When it’s normal summoned, Fluttershy can send one Naturia monster to the graveyard. Next, she activates its other effect. She can shuffle 2 Naturia monsters from her graveyard to her deck and draw 1 card. She then activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Gem-Knight Zirconia from the graveyard. She then attacks Lucas’ face down monster with Gem-Knight Zirconia, which was a Gladiator Beast Hoplomus (ATK: 700 DEF: 2100). Fluttershy attacks Lucas and Scott directly with Naturia Marron and Naturia Bamboo Shoot.

Lucas and Scott’s Life Points: 5600 -> 2400

Fluttershy ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-3 Face Down Cards-1



Lucas did have a combo in his deck that could turn the duel around, but he needed to draw the right card, or it was would definitely be over for them. Lucas put his fingers on his card and drew what he hoped would be the miracle they’ve been asking for. Lucas beamed upon seeing his drawn card.



Lucas’ Turn: Lucas summons Gladiator Beast Darius (ATK: 1700 DEF: 300). Next, he activates the effect of Test Tiger in his hand, special summoning it when he controls a Gladiator Beast (ATK: 600 DEF: 300). Next, Lucas activates Test Tiger’s other effect. He can tribute Test Tiger to send a Gladiator Beast from the field to his deck and special summon another Gladiator Beast from his deck, with the summoning being treated as being special summoned by a Gladiator Beast, choosing Gladiator Beast Murmillo (ATK: 800 DEF: 400). With its effect, Lucas can target one monster on the field and destroy it, choosing Naturia Bamboo Shoot.

Lucas ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-2400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Rarity’s Turn: Rarity activates her Monster Reborn, special summoning Gem-Knight Crystal from her graveyard. She tries to attack Gladiator Beast Murmillo, but Lucas activates Defensive Tactics, negating its destruction and reducing all battle damage to 0. At the end of the battle phase in which Gladiator Beast Murmillo was attacked, Lucas can send it to the deck to special summon another Gladiator beast monster from his deck, choosing Gladiator Beast Octavius (ATK: 2500 DEF: 1200). When it’s summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast monster, Lucas can choose one face down spell or trap card and destroy it, choosing Fluttershy’s face down card.

Rarity ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0



Scott smiled at a frowning Rarity and Fluttershy who were watching their strategy systematically crumble. “Here’s the power of our friendship,” said Scott.



Scott’s Turn: Scott activate Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, he summons Vylon Tetrah (ATK: 900 DEF: 900). Scott tunes Gladiator Beast Octavius with Vylon Tetrah to synchro summon Vylon Alpha (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1100). When it’s synchro summoned, Scott can equip it with one equip spell card from his graveyard, choosing Megamorph, doubling its ATK (ATK: 2200 -> 4400). Next, Scott activates the effect of Vylon Tetrah, paying 500 life points to equip itself onto a monster Scott controls choosing Vylon Alpha.

Lucas and Scott’s Life Points: 2400 -> 1900

Scott then activates Dark Hole, destroying all monsters on the field. With Vylon Alpha’s effect, it can’t be destroyed by spell or trap cards while it has an equip card equipped to it (except for other equip cards). Scott attacks Rarity and Fluttershy directly.

Rarity and Fluttershy’s Life Points: 8000 -> 3600

Scott ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-1900 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Fluttershy’s Turn: Fluttershy places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3600 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-1

Lucas’s Turn: Lucas summons Gladiator Beast Laquari (ATK: 1800 DEF: 400). Lucas attacks Rarity and Fluttershy directly. Fluttershy activates Magic Cylinder, negating the attack and inflicting damage equal to the attacking monster’s ATK.

Lucas and Scott’s Life Points: 1900 -> 100

Lucas ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-100 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0



“Good,” said Fluttershy, “now finish them Rarity.” “With pleasure,” Rarity responded.



Rarity’s Turn: Rarity plays her Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. She then summons Gem-Knight Sapphire (ATK: 0 DEF: 2100). Next, she plays the spell Shield and Sword, having each monster’s ATK become their DEF and vice versa (ATK: 1800 DEF: 400 -> ATK: 400 DEF: 1800, ATK: 4400 DEF: 1100 -> ATK: 1100 DEF: 4400, ATK: 0 DEF: 2100 -> ATK: 2100 DEF: 0). Rarity attacks Gladiator Beast Laquari, but Scott activates DNA Surgery, declaring one type of monster, and having all monsters on the field become the chosen type, and Scott chooses Fairy. With Sanctuary in the Sky’s effect, all battle damage to the controller of a Fairy type monster that was destroyed in battle is reduced to 0.

Rarity places 1 card face down and ends her turn. The ATK and DEF of all monsters return to normal.

Status: Hand-0 Life-3600 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



Rarity then started laughing. “You kind of played yourself into a hole, didn’t you Scott?” “We’ll see,” said Scott.



Scott’s Turn: Scott activates Double Cyclone, destroying DNA Surgery to destroy Rarity’s face down card. Scott attacks Rarity and Fluttershy directly with Vylon Alpha.

Rarity and Fluttershy’s Life Points: 3600 -> 0

Lucas and Scott win.



Lucas and Scott did a celebratory fist pump as the crowd around them cheered. “That was an excellent duel,” said Fluttershy. “If you guys continue dueling the way you do, I’ll certainly see you in the finals.” “Likewise,” said Lucas. “Scott’s stomach then grumbled, which the other 3 heard. “Oh right,” said Rarity. “Our deal.” “Don’t worry about it,” said Scott. “Let’s go back to the theater and I can whip something up.” “You cook?” asked Rarity. “Well,” said Lucas. “He’s not as great of a cook as I, but he knows how to make a mean salad.” “That actually sounds really good,” said Fluttershy. The then walked to the theater for a nice lunch.

PreviousChapters Next