• ...
34
 24
 3,047

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: Fire in the Sky

This chapter's featured card: Lavell Wyvern

Xyz Monster Rank: 5 ATK: 2500 DEF: 200 Attribute: FIRE Type: Dragon

2 Level 5 FIRE Synchro Monsters

This card is always treated as both a Flamvell and a Laval Card. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. Once per turn, you can detach one Xyz Material from this card to activate one of these effects.
● Change the battle position of 1 monster on the field (Flip effects are not activated at this time).
● Until the End Phase of the turn this effect is activated, all monsters on your side of the field cannot be destroyed by Card Effects.

Cont. from Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie vs. Dumb-Bell and Hoops

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: R&P: 11 DB&H: 3 Rainbow Dash activates Speed World 2’s effect. By removing 10 speed counters (SpC.: 11 -> 1), she can destroy one card on the field, choosing Hoops’ face down trap. Rainbow Dash attacks the Dumb-Bell and Hoops directly with Daigusto Eguls (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1800).

Dumb-Bell and Hoops’ Life Points: 1900 -> 0

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie win.



The two pegasi that Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were dueling flew to and landed on the edge of Ghastly Gorge. Rainbow Dash flew up besides them while Pinkie Pie landed on a hang glider with a fan attached to her back. Dumb-Bell said, “You really have gotten stronger, Rainbow Cr- Dash. Sorry, bad habits.” “Thanks,” responded Rainbow Dash. “Maybe I’ll see you two in the finals.” “Yeah,” said Hoops. “Good luck to you.” They both flew off to find more opponents. Ever since Rainbow Dash’s performance in the Best Young Flyer competition where she performed a sonic rainboom which won her the competition, she also won the respect of those two former bullies who pestered her in her days as a filly.

Rainbow and Pinkie Pie flew off to find more opponents. As they passed over Ponyville, they saw two figures waving at them. They both swooped down and saw it was Sammy and Spike. “Oh, hey Sammy,” said Rainbow Dash. “Hey Spike.” “Hi guys,” said Spike. “What do you need?” asked Rainbow Dash. Sammy replied, “We just wanted to see if you’d be interested in challenging us.” “Come to think of it,” said Pinkie Pie, “we never ever dueled any of you before, and I think it would be a super duper idea to see what you guys are made of. So I thought, ‘Hey! Let’s duel Sammy and Spike!’” “It’s a date,” said Sammy confidently. “We’re ready when you guys are, so have at it.” They all got their duel disks unsheathed and drew 5 cards from their decks. “DUEL!” they all yelled.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie vs. Sammy and Spike

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: Rainbow Dash plays Dark World Dealings, having each player draw one card and then discard one. Next, she summons Gusto Thunbolt in defense position. (ATK: 1500 DEF: 1200).

Rainbow Dash places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Sammy’s Turn: Sammy summons Flamvell Baby (ATK: 800 DEF: 200).

Sammy places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Pinkie Pie’s Turn: Pinkie Pie activates Worm Call, allowing her to special summon a Worm monster from her hand in face down defense position. She then summons another monster face down.

Pinkie Pie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0



Spike shot a glance at Sammy and gave her a nod. She nodded in return, knowing what he was to do.



Spike’s Turn: Spike summons Jurrac Protops (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200). Spike tunes Jurrac Protops with Flamvell Baby to synchro summon Jurrac Velphito (ATK: ? DEF: ?). This cards ATK and DEF is equal to the combined ATK and DEF (respectively) to the synchro material monsters’ ATK and DEF (ATK: 1700 + 800 = 2500, DEF: 1200 + 200 = 1400). Spike attacks Pinkie Pie’s face down monster. Rainbow Dash activates Shift, redirecting the attack at her Gusto Thunbolt. When Gusto Thunbolt is destroyed in battle, by removing a Gusto monster in her graveyard from play, she can special summon a Psychic type WIND monster with 1500 or less DEF from her deck, choosing Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1400).

Spike places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: Rainbow Dash summons Gusto Gulldo (ATK: 500 DEF: 500). Next, she plays the spell Monster Reborn, special summoning Gusto Thunbolt from the graveyard. Rainbow Dash tunes Gusto Thunbolt with Gusto Gulldo to synchro summon Daigusto Eguls (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1800). With Gusto Gulldo’s effect, it can special summon a level 2 or lower Gusto monster from Rainbow Dash’s deck when removed from the field, choosing Gusto Egul (ATK: 200 DEF: 400). Rainbow Dash tunes Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto with Gusto Egul to synchro summon Daigusto Sphreeze (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1300). When this card is synchro summoned, she can add a Gusto monster from her graveyard to her hand. Rainbow Dash attacks Jurrac Velphito with Daigusto Sphreeze. With Daigusto Sphreeze’s effect, Daigusto Sphreeze isn’t destroyed in battle, and Sammy and Spike take all battle damage that Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie would take from battles involving Gusto monsters that Rainbow Dash controls.

Sammy and Spike’s Life Points: 8000 -> 7500

Rainbow Dash then attacks Jurrac Velphito with Daigusto Eguls. Spike activates Negate Attack and ends the battle phase.

Rainbow Dash places 1 card face down. During her end phase, Rainbow Dash can remove a WIND type monster in her graveyard from play to destroy a face down card her opponent controls. She chooses Spike’s other face down card, which was a Fossil Excavation trap. Rainbow Dash ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1



“Ha!” said Rainbow Dash proudly. “Just try to beat that.” “Oh, just you wait,” said Sammy.



Sammy’s Turn: Sammy activates Rekindling, special summoning as many FIRE type monsters with 200 DEF on her side of the field from her and Spike’s Graveyard as possible, choosing Flamvell Baby, Laval Magma Cannoneer (ATK: 1700 DEF: 200), and Jurrac Aeolo (ATK: 200 DEF: 200). Sammy then normal summons Laval Gunner (ATK: 1200 DEF: 800). Sammy tunes Laval Gunner with Jurrac Aeolo to synchro summon Lavalval Dragon (ATK: 2000 DEF: 1100). Next, Sammy tunes Laval Magma Cannoneer with Flamvell Baby to synchro summon Laval Dual Slasher (ATK: 2400 DEF: 200). Sammy overlays Lavalval Dragon with Jurrac Velphito to xyz summon Lavell Wyvern (ATK: 2500 DEF: 200). Sammy equips Laval Dual Slasher with Salamandra, increasing its ATK by 700 points (ATK: 2400 -> 3100). Sammy activates Lavell Wyvern’s effect. By removing 1 xyz material from it (Lavalval Dragon), she can change the position of one monster on the field, choosing Pinkie Pie’s face down monster. It is Worm Victory. With Lavell Wyvern’s effect, its flip effect does not activate. Sammy attacks Pinkie Pie’s Worm Victory with Lavell Wyvern, but Rainbow Dash activates Magic Cylinder, negating the attack and inflicting damage equal to the monster’s ATK.

Sammy and Spike’s Life Points: 7500 -> 5000

Sammy attacks Pinkie Pie’s other face down monster with Laval Dual Slasher, which was a Worm Millidith (ATK: 400 DEF: 1600). Because of Laval Slasher’s effect, when 3 or more Laval monsters exist in the Sammy and Spike’s graveyard, Laval Dual Slasher can inflict piercing damage.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6500

Worm Millidith’s flip effect activates. When flipped face up, it can equip itself onto a monster Sammy or Spike controls, choosing Laval Dual Slasher. With Laval Dual Slasher’s other effect, when 2 or more Laval monsters exist in Sammy and Spike’s graveyard, when it destroys a defense position monster, it can attack once again in a row. Sammy attacks Worm Victory.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 6500 -> 3400

Sammy ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-5000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1



“Wow!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie. “That was quite some turn. I mean, you took up almost an entire page for that one!” Sammy looked puzzled. “What are you talking about?” Sammy asked. Pinkie Pie just darted her gaze suspiciously in multiple directions. “Nothing,” she said quickly. “My turn.”



Pinkie Pie’s Turn: During every standby phase, because Worm Millidith is equipped to Sammy’s monster, 400 points of damage are inflicted to Sammy and Spike.

Sammy and Spike’s Life Points: 5000 -> 4600

Because Pinkie Pie controls no other cards, she activates Worm Call, allowing her to special summon a Worm monster from her hand in face down defense position. She then summons another monster face down.

Pinkie Pie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-3400 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

Spike’s Turn: Worm Millidith’s effect activates.

Sammy and Spike’s Life Points: 4600 -> 4200

Spike activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, he tributes Laval Dual Slasher to summon Evolsaur Terias (ATK: 2400 DEF: 600). Next, he activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Evolsaur Elias (ATK: 100 DEF: 2400). Spike overlays Evolzar Soldde (ATK: 2600 DEF: 1000). Spike equips Evolzar Soldde with Big Bang Shot, increasing its ATK by 400 and giving it the effect of piercing damage (ATK: 2600 -> 3000). Spike attacks one of Pinkie Pie’s face down monsters, which was a Worm Apocalypse (ATK: 300 DEF: 200).

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 3400 -> 600

When Worm Apocalypse is flipped face up, Pinkie Pie can destroy one spell or trap card on the field, choosing Sammy’s face down card.

Next, Spike activates Card Destruction, having each player discard their hand and draw cards equal to the amount they discarded.

Spike ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4200 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Rainbow Dash’s Turn: Rainbow Dash equips Daigusto Eguls with Megamorph, doubling its ATK (ATK: 2600 -> 5200). Rainbow Dash attacks Evolzar Soldde with Daigusto Eguls.

Sammy and Spike’s Life Points: 4200 -> 2000

Rainbow Dash then attacks Lavell Wyvern with Daigusto Sphreeze.

Sammy and Spike’s Life Points: 2000 -> 1500

Rainbow Dash places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-600 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1



“Check that out!” said Rainbow Dash. “We’re just one turn away from victory! But it’s like I always say, ‘Don’t mess with the best.’” “Well,” said Sammy, “You still have yet to mess with the rest.”



Sammy’s Turn: Sammy activates the effect of Lavell Wyvern. By removing an xyz material from it, all monsters on her side of the field can’t be destroyed by card effects. Sammy then activates Heavy Storm, destroying all spells and traps on the field. Next, she activates Dark Hole, destroying all monsters on the field. Because of Lavell Wyvern’s effect, it can’t be destroyed by Dark Hole. Sammy attacks Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie directly.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 600 -> 0

Sammy and Spike win.



Sammy and Spike were celebrating their win as Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie got up. Sammy picked up Spike under his armpits and began twirling around like a little child with a teddy bear. Rainbow Dash was just dumbfounded. “We… we lost,” said Rainbow Dash disappointedly. “Oh, don’t worry,” said Sammy, “everyone loses eventually. Even we will eventually. I guarantee it.” “I hate losing though,” hissed Rainbow Dash.” “Who doesn’t?” asked Spike. “I don’t!” yelled Pinkie Pie. “I just love playing the game!” “You see?” asked Spike. “It’s not whether you win or lose, it’s about how much fun you had in the end.” “Yeah, I guess you’re right,” relented Rainbow Dash. She then realized how dry her mouth was as she was speaking. “Oh brother, I need something to drink.” Sammy tossed two bottles of water to Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. They both downed the bottles in a few large gulps. “Thank for that,” said Rainbow Dash. “Well, we got one more duel to do today, so we might as well get it done with. See ya.” They then both flew off to find their last opponents of the day. Sammy and Spike went off to do the same.

PreviousChapters Next