• ...
34
 24
 3,060

PreviousChapters Next
Part 3: Battling for Home Chapter 19: Going Off the Rails

This chapter's featured card: Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste

Fusion Monster Level: 10 ATK: 3200 DEF: 2000 Attribute: WIND Type: Dragon

1 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster + 1 Warrior-Type Monster

This monster can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon (from the Extra Deck). Once per turn, you can select 1 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster in the Graveyard. Remove it from play, treat this card's name as that monster's name, and give this card the same effects as that monster, until the End Phase. While this card is in face-up Attack Position, any effect damage you would take from an opponent's card effect is inflicted to your opponent instead.


It was early in the morning, and Princess Celestia was going to make a commencement speech before the start of the competition. All of the members of Lamss were dressed up in their dueling attire. Alex was wearing a grey long sleeve t-shirt, a white formal vest, and black cords. He had 4 necklaces of various designs hanging around his neck. Sammy was wearing a black leather jacket and a dark red t-shirt cut off at the waist so her belly button would show. She was wearing a thigh length black skirt with a black leather belt, and black cotton leggings that cut off just above the knees. Maddie was wearing a blue buttoned up military jacket with a pair of khaki chords. Lucas wore his basic rock attire. Scott was wearing a white turtle neck with an open white trench coat, white dress pants and white dress shoes. His hair was also brushed and orderly. Charley wore a dark blue blouse with gold stitching and buttons and a gold shin length skirt with brown sandals. Orion was a pokémon, thus he didn’t need clothes. All he had was a white belt that held the sleeve to his wand and the small box that held his deck. As they approached the crowd of ponies gathered at the park where the speech would be held, Alex whispered to his friends, “Remember, guys: Play for keeps. This is our one shot at getting home.” The others nodded in agreement. They all then broke away with their partners: Alex with Orion, Maddie with Charley, and Lucas with Scott. Spike found Sammy and ran up to join her.

Soon a fanfare broke out and Princess Celestia appeared on the stage, with the many ponies cheering her. Alex and the rest of the humans (plus Orion) applauded on her arrival. “Welcome everypony to the 1st Annual Equestrian Friendship Dueling Competition. You have gathered from near and far to show off your dueling prowess and to have the chance to have one wish granted by me personally with the power of the elements of harmony, for it will be your teamwork and friendship that will carry you far and earn it. You all have known the rules for the tournament from the fliers that were printed out, so without further to do, I declare the 1st day of the Equestrian Friendship Dueling Competition begun!” And with that a myriad of fireworks blew up in the sky. Princess Celestia then flew away. Ponies then began dispersing quickly to find their first opponents. All of the members of Lamss pounded their fists into the center of the circle they formed and they ran off to duel. When Alex turned around, he saw an apple flying in the air about 10 ft. in front of his face. Orion caught it just as it was about to strike Alex. “Yee-haw!” cried Braeburn next to Big Macintosh from the distance. “You caught my apple. That means you’re going to be our first opponents.” Alex and Orion knew they’d have to duel 3 times later that day, so they decided to just get their first right out of the way.

They headed to the forests of Sweet Apple Acres, where Alex and Orion were standing a comfortable length from Braeburn and Big Macintosh. “Ready?” asked Orion. “Eeyup,” confirmed Big Macintosh. His and Braeburn’s duel disks unsheathed. Alex also unsheathed his duel disk while Orion morphed his wand into his duel disk in the same fashion he did during his duel with Twilight Sparkle. They each drew 5 cards from their decks. “DUEL!” they all yelled.

Alex and Orion vs. Big Macintosh and Braeburn

Alex’s Turn: Alex summons Dragunity Pilum (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1000). With its effect, Alex can special summon a Winged Beast Dragunity monster from his hand and equip Dragunity Pilum onto it, choosing Dragunity Primus Pilus (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1600).

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Big Macintosh’s Turn: Big Macintosh places 1 card face down. Then, he summons Scrap Beast (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1300). Next, Big Macintosh activates his Double Summon and tributes Scrap Beast to summon Scrap Golem (ATK: 2300 DEF: 1400). With its effect, he can special summon a level 4 or lower Scrap monster from his graveyard, and he chooses Scrap Beast. Big Macintosh tunes Scrap Golem with Scrap Beast to synchro summon Scrap Twin Dragon (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2200). Big Macintosh activates Scrap Twin Dragon’s effect. By destroying 1 card he controls (face down card), he can send two cards his opponent controls to their respective hands. He chooses Dragunity Primus Pilus and Alex’s face down card.

Big Macintosh places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Orion’s Turn: Orion summons Spirit of the Six Samurai (ATK: 500 DEF: 500). Next, he special summons Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan from his hand with its effect (ATK: 1800 DEF: 500). Next, Orion equips Spirit of the Six Samurai to Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan, increasing its ATK by 500 (ATK: 1800 -> 2300).

Orion places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2



“Alright,” said Braeburn, “not too bad. But watch this.”



Braeburn’s Turn: Braeburn special summons Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow (ATK: 5000 DEF: 0). Next, he plays the spell Star Changer, increasing the level of one monster on the field by one, choosing Scrap Twin Dragon (Level: 9 -> 10). Braeburn overlays Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow with Scrap Twin Dragon to xyz summon Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000). Braeburn then summons one monster face down. Braeburn activates Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max’s effect. By removing one xyz material from it, Braeburn inflicts 2000 damage to Alex and Orion.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6000

Braeburn then tries to attack Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan, but Orion activates Negate Attack. Big Macintosh attempts to activate Trap Jammer, but Orion activates Musakani Magatama, negating Trap Jammer’s effect. The attack is negated.

Braeburn places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2



“He really got a powerful monster,” said Alex to himself. “Now, I just have to summon a stronger one."



Alex’s Turn: Alex plays Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Alex activates Monster Reborn, special summoning Scrap Twin Dragon from Big Macintosh and Braeburn’s graveyard. Next, Alex summons Dragunity Corsesca (ATK: 800 DEF: 700). Next, Alex plays Dragon Mastery, and equips Dragunity Corsesca with Dragunity Darkspear from his hand with its effect. Next, Alex activates the effect of Twin Scrap Dragon. Alex destroys one card he controls (Dragunity Darkspear) to send 2 cards on the field back to the owner’s hands. Alex chooses both of Braeburn’s face down cards. Alex tunes Scrap Twin Dragon with Dragunity Corsesca to synchro summon Nero, the Dragon Warlord (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2800). Alex attacks the face down monster, which was a Morphing Jar (ATK: 700 DEF: 600). Nero, the Dragon Warlord’s effect allows it to inflict piercing damage.

Big Macintosh and Braeburn’s Life Points: 8000 -> 5400

When Morphing Jar is flip summoned, all players discard their hands and draw 5 cards. For every 1000 points of damage Nero, the Dragon Warlord inflicts through battle, Alex draws a card (2).

Alex places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-5 Life-6000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards- 2

Big Macintosh’s Turn: Big Macintosh activates his Monster Reborn, special summoning Scrap Golem from his graveyard. Next, he special summons Scrap Beast from the graveyard using its effect. Next, Big Macintosh normal summons Scrap Searcher (ATK: 100 DEF: 300). Big Macintosh tunes Scrap Golem and Scrap Searcher with Scrap Beast to synchro summon Atomic Scrap Dragon (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2400). Big Macintosh equips Atomic Scrap Dragon with Megamorph, doubling its ATK (ATK: 3200 -> 6400). Big Macintosh attacks Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan, but Alex activates Shift, switching the attack to Nero, the Dragon Warlord. Nero, the Dragon Warlord can’t be destroyed in battle. Damage is still applied normally.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 6000 -> 2800

Because Big Macintosh and Braeburn’s Life Points are lower than Alex and Orion’s, Atomic Scrap Dragon’s ATK is halved (ATK: 6400 -> 1600). Big Macintosh activates Atomic Scrap Dragon’s effect. He can destroy a card he controls (Megamorph) and send 3 cards from their opponent’s graveyards to their deck. Atomic Scrap Dragon’s ATK returns to normal (ATK: 1600 -> 3200).

Big Macintosh places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-5400 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1



“You really seem to have a handle on this game, don’t you Big Mac?” asked Alex. “Eeyup,” said Big Macintosh proudly. Orion then looked at Alex, who nodded in return.



Orion’s Turn: Orion summons Chamberlain of the Six Samurai in defense position (ATK: 200 DEF: 2000). Then, Orion activates Polymerization, sending Nero, the Dragon Warlord and Legendary Six Samurai – Kizan to the graveyard to fusion summon Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2000). Orion attacks Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max. Big Macintosh activates Magic Cylinder, but with Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste’s effect, while it’s in attack position, all effect damage is inflicted to the opponent instead.

Big Macintosh and Braeburn’s Life Points: 5400 -> 2200

Orion places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2800 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-2

Braeburn’s Turn: Braeburn activates Limiter Removal, doubling the ATK of all machine type monsters on his field (ATK: 3000 -> 6000). Braeburn attacks Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste with Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max, but Orion activates Covering Fire, increasing the ATK of one monster on his side of the field by the ATK of another monster on his side of the field, choosing Chamberlain of the Six Samurai (ATK: 3200 -> 3400). Next, Orion activates the effect of Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste, removing a dragon type synchro monster in the graveyard from play to have Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste be treated as the removed monster and gain its effects, choosing Nero, the Dragon Warlord. Because of Nero, the Dragon Warlord’s effect, it isn’t destroyed in battle. Damage is still applied normally.

Alex and Orion’s Life Points: 2800 -> 200

Braeburn places 3 cards face down and ends his turn. Because of Limiter Removal’s effect, all machine type monsters are destroyed during the End Phase.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2200 Monsters-0 Face Down Cards-3



“This is great,” Braeburn thought. “We have some considerable field advantage. We got a strong monster, and just in case those guys try to pull a fast one on me, I have trap cards to negate any spells and traps they might activate, to prevent them from summoning monsters, and to keep them from attacking. Our plan is foolproof.” “Ready?” asked Orion, looking at Alex. “Ready,” Alex responded.



Alex’s Turn: Orion activates Trap Stun, negating the effects of all trap cards on the field. Braeburn attempts to activate Solemn Judgment to negate the activation of Trap Stun and destroy it, but Alex activates Curse of Royal, negating the effect of a spell or trap card that involves destroying a spell or trap card and destroys it. Trap Stun is activated. Alex then plays D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation, special summoning a monster from the removed from play zone and equipping it with D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation, choosing Nero, the Dragon Warlord. Next, he plays the spell Gift of the Martyr, sending one monster on his side of the field to the graveyard to have a monster he controls gain ATK equal to the ATK of the sent monster. He sends Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste to the graveyard to have Nero, the Dragon Warlord gain ATK equal to its ATK (ATK: 3200 -> 6400). Alex attacks Atomic Scrap Dragon.

Big Macintosh and Braeburn’s Life Points: 2200 -> 0

Alex and Orion win.



Alex and Orion ran over to the two ponies who were lying on the ground. Orion ran to Braeburn and Alex to Big Macintosh. He gently put his neck on his hand and asked, “Are you alright?” Big Macintosh instantly got up saying his usual, “Eeyup.” Braeburn followed suit and walked over to Big Macintosh. “I have to say,” said Braeburn to Alex and Orion, “your dueling ain’t nothing like I’ve ever seen. You two certainly seem to have a strong bond with each other, and I’d be really baffled to see you two not make it to the finals.” “And you two have a strong camaraderie as well,” commented Orion. “Maybe we’ll meet again in the finals.” “I’d like that,” said Braeburn warmly. The competitors shook hands/hooves with each other. They then both ran their separate ways to find their next opponents to face.

PreviousChapters Next