• ...
34
 24
 3,047

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2: Introductions

“Is everyone alright?” said a tall, muscular, and chiseled young man with long, black dreadlocks in a ponytail inside the plane. His skin had a light brownness to it. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt with black cords. Shouts of “Yes, fine,” and “Yes, I think I’m alright.” filled the inside of the airplane. A young man with spiked brown hair and glasses got up out of his chair. Of all the men in the plane, he had the most plain body build. He was wearing a red Phish t-shirt with an open white shirt jacket over it and a pair of black jeans. He said, “I’m going to check on Orion.” In the cockpit of the plane sat a gallade that was strewn out over the seat in apparent exhaustion. This gallade was a lot larger and a lot more intelligent than most gallades, being about the same size as an average human and was capable of speaking fluent English. “Are you okay, buddy?” said the young man in glasses. “Yeah, Alex. I’m just fine. It’s just the shock that got me, not the actual crash. I mean, I never had to do a crash landing before.” A young woman about the same age as Alex with long blonde hair in a ponytail came into the cockpit. She was muscular for a woman her age, especially in her legs. Her face had a slight hint of masculinity. She was wearing a white sleeveless blouse and blue jeans. She chimed, “Well, you did just fine. Thanks Orion.” “My pleasure, Maddie,” he responded. “But right now, I need a drink.” “And how,” said Maddie. Alex, Maddie and Orion left the cockpit while Alex made eye contact with the tall, muscular one and pointed his finger to the ceiling and twirled it around, signaling him to make a drink for all the people in the plane. The man went to the bar and hoped to find few, if not, none of the bottles broken. But thankfully, each bottle was unscathed. He took out 7 glasses, put in some ice, and poured a couple ounces of whiskey in each one. He handed each person their glasses one by one. For a man his size, his voice actually had a lot of tenor to it. “One for Alex, one for Orion, one for Maddie…” He handed the next glass to a young man with messy medium length blonde hair and blue eyes wearing a white polo with white cords and white shoes. His cheeks made his face a tad wide, and he wasn't as muscular as the man serving drinks, but he still looked very fit. “One for Scott…” His next glass went to a skinny but tough looking young woman with long brown hair. Her face, despite her sturdiness, had a demureness to it. She was wearing a red t-shirt and an unzipped black hoodie with blue jeans. “One for Sammy…” The next glass was handed to another girl about as skinny as Sammy but not as muscular with short black hair in a flapper girl style haircut. He kissed her soft and delecate looking face. She seemed like a very sweet young woman. She was wearing a long sleeved dark blue turtleneck with loose black dress pants. “One for Charley, and last but not least, me, the great Lucas de Silva.” The group of people gathered around in a circle. They all looked to be in their mid 20's. Alex held out his glass and said, “Here’s to surviving a possibly fatal crash, but most importantly, here’s to all of us getting out unharmed.” Everyone exclaimed “Cheers” and took sips from their glasses, except for Orion, who downed his drink in two gulps.

Sammy sat down with her drink looking more exhausted than nervous. Alex took a seat next to her. “Are you okay?” aked Alex concernedly. “Yeah, Alex. I’m just fine. Don’t worry about it.” “It’s just that you’re my sister, and you know I’d feel awful if anything bad happened to you.” She began to feel a little more irate. “Yeah yeah, fine fine. Just let me relax. This is not the landing I was hoping for, okay? I was looking forward to landing in Saffron City and having a nice time off from touring. But now we’re stuck here in-” Suddenly, they heard something land on the top of the plane. A voice called out, “Hello, is everyone alright in there?” Scott got up and decided to answer the voice. He spoke in a southern drawl. “Yes, hello. Can you help us?” “I don’t know, what do you need?” “Do you have a phone we can use? We have no service out here.” “What’s a phone?” “Umm… Are you serious?” “Yes, seriously. I have no idea what that is.” “Mmmm,” mumbled Alex in frustration. Scott replied back. “Wait, how did you get up here?” “I flew.” “Wait, so you have a pokémon too?” “Boy, you’re asking me a lot of weird stuff, and it’s really bugging me out.” Charley looked out of the window. She saw a massive group of ponies gathered outside of the plane, speaking in a faint English accent. “Guys,” she said. “I think you should check this out.” Everybody started looking out a plane window except for Lucas who opened the door to the plane, revealing himself to the crowd. Fluttershy immediately flew behind the large group of ponies in fright, with the rest of them gasping and murmuring to themselves. Lucas looked puzzled at the ponies who were behaving like humans in a state of confusion, but before he could think much longer, a light blue pegasus pony with a rainbow colored mane and tail flew down from the top of the plane and began flying closer to Lucas, who began walking backwards in fright.

She started barking at him. “Who- no. WHAT are you? Why are you here? What do you want?” By this point, both Lucas and the pony were inside the plane, with everyone else inside staring at her open mouthed in disbelief. “Rainbow Dash. That’s enough.” The blue pony quickly flew out of the plane on command. Twilight then emerged from the group and asked to speak to somebody. Lucas quickly got back up and went to the open door. Twilight spoke in a calming voice to try and lower the tension. “Sorry for my friend’s actions. She can be a bit rash sometimes.” Rainbow Dash looked away in a huff. Twilight ignored her. “Perhaps we can all meet you outside of this… um… weird looking contraption. We promise not to hurt you.” Lucas hesitantly turned on the switch to lower the plane’s stairs and motioned for his friends to walk outside, and they each slowly came out one by one, to the slight surprise of the crowd. “Hello. I’m Twilight Sparkle,” said the purple pony. Each of the humans plus Orion were still too shocked by their surroundings to properly reply. Scott then decided to break the awkward silence. “Hi, I’m Scott,” he said, instinctively extending his hand. Twilight, however, understood the gesture and extended her hoof out to him. Scott grabbed hold of the hoof and shook it. “It’s very good to meet you Scott. I’d like to be the first to say ‘Welcome to Equestria.’” The others followed suit and introduced themselves to Twilight with an increasing sense of ease. Soon a dozen large white pegasi with golden armor appeared next to the group of ponies. A large, white alicorn with a golden necklace and tiara with a waving blue, green, and pink mane and tail walked through the middle of the group, each pony stepping aside to make way, and bowing down to her in the process. The humans still stood and looked at the majestic looking pony with awe. One of the guards began coming toward them angrily. “You dare not bow for the princess?” A large, white wing of the alicorn blocked the way of the soldier. “At ease, soldier,” said the alicorn to her guard in a calm, but authoritative way.

“It seems our guests are not from here and don’t quite understand our customs.” The guard then stood back in line with the others. “I am Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria. Might I ask what and who are all of you?” Lucas decided to speak on behalf of their group as politely as possible. “Well, um, your majesty. My name is Lucas de Silva.” He began introducing the others, each one slightly bowing or curtsying to the princess. “This is Scott Freeman, Charley de Silva, Maddie Rivers, Alex and Sammy Morrison. We’re called humans, and that one over there is Orion, whose species is known as a gallade.” “Where do you come from?” Lucas continued speaking. “You’ve probably already gathered that we aren’t from your world. But we come from a region called Hoenn, in a city called Petalburg.” The conversation went back and forth. “Where were you headed?” “We were headed towards a city called Saffron in the Kanto region, with the expressed purpose of entering a dueling tournament there.” “Dueling?” “Yes. It’s a card game that we play in our world called Duel Monsters. But I digress. I think our pilot can explain the situation of how we got here a little better.” Orion stepped forward and once again gave a courteous bow towards Celestia. Celestia smiled at the gesture. “We were flying somewhere a little bit northeast of a city called Lilycove. While we were flying, I just noticed a set of clouds that just appeared in front of us out of thin air. Soon, I recognized that we were flying into some kind of a portal. At this point, it was too late to avoid it and we flew straight into it. We were above ocean at the time we saw the portal, and when we flew in, I saw that we were above land, which was my tell-tale sign that we had teleported somewhere. Unfortunately, there really wasn’t a place for us to land, your majesty, and I apologize that we had to crash land in this open field.” “Twilight said to herself, “So that’s probably where that bird came from.” Celestia however heard her. “I’m sorry, Twilight, but what bird?” Fluttershy meekly stepped forward with the small bird roosted on her back. “That’s a pidgey,” said Charley. “You know what this bird is?” asked Fluttershy, picking her head up in surprise. “Why yes. They’re quite common in our world.” Charley then made a whistle distinctive of a bird call, and the pidgey flew towards Charley and roosted on her finger, and she stroked it to its delight. “They’re cute little guys, aren’t they? You just have to be careful; they can grow up to be quite big,” said Charley sending the bird back to Fluttershy. Fluttershy looked at Charley with joy. Wow. She’s also good with small animals. I think I like her already.

Celestia then said to the group of humans, “We’re terribly sorry for your coming here, but for the time being, we cannot see to it that you are able to return home just yet.” “Well, that was to be expected,” said Alex unhappily. Celestia kindly responded, “We will try our best to come up with a solution to this predicament, so I’ll make it up to you. There’s an abandoned theater in Ponyville that I’ll have my best carpenters and painters fix up for you in a jiffy for you all to temporarily live in by tonight.” Sammy then stepped forward and graciously said, “That’s very nice of you to offer your majesty, but we can sleep in the plane.” “Nonsense. I will not have our guests sleep in that aircraft and be so far from the splendor that Ponyville has to offer. I will send a group of guards to gather your things while you take some time around Ponyville.” Sammy responded with, “Thank you. That sounds lovely.” Alex then said, “Please just let us take a couple of personal things with us. There will be LOTS more to carry.” “That’s quite alright,” replied Celestia. She then flew off to see to it that the theater would be restored, and everyone began leaving except for Twilight and the guards. Lucas then opened a large door at the back of the plane so the guards could begin unloading the many boxes, cases, and bags of luggage. After a few minutes, the group began walking out of the back with large bags slung over their shoulders. “Hey, guys,” said Twilight. “Since you’re here, I thought I might give you a nice little tour of Ponyville.” Lucas said, “I don’t see why not. We might as well meet some of the locals in the process.” “Sounds good then,” responded Alex. “Let’s go.”

PreviousChapters Next