• ...
34
 24
 3,060

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11: The Joy and Sorrow of Lucas

This chapter's featured card: Worm Noble

Effect Monster Level: 6 ATK: 1500 DEF: 2400 Attribute: LIGHT Type: Reptile

FLIP: If this card is flipped face-up by an opponent's monster's attack, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the attacking monster's ATK.



5 Days Later...

Lucas vs. Pinkie Pie

Lucas’ Turn: Lucas summons Gladiator Beast Laquari (ATK: 1800 DEF: 800).

Lucas places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Pinkie Pie’s Turn: Pinkie Pie plays the spell Worm Call, special summoning a reptile type Worm monster from her hand in face down defense position when she controls no monsters and her opponent controls one. Next, she summons another monster face down.

Pinkie Pie places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-4000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Lucas’ Turn: Lucas summons Gladiator Beast Andal (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1500). Next, he equips it with Gladiator Beast's Battle Halberd. He attacks one of Pinkie Pie’s face down monsters, which was Worm Noble (ATK: 1500 DEF: 2400).

Lucas’ Life Points: 4000 -> 3500

When Worm Noble is flipped face up by an opponent’s attack, Lucas takes damage equal to half of the attacking monster’s ATK.

Lucas’ Life Points: 3500 -> 2550

Lucas activates the effect of Gladiator Beast's Battle Halberd, destroying 1 spell or trap card on the field at the end of the damage step, choosing Worm Call. Next, he attacks Pinkie Pie’s other face down monster with Gladiator Beast Laquari, which was Worm Apocalypse (ATK: 300 DEF: 200). When it’s flipped, Pinkie Pie can destroy a spell or trap card, choosing Lucas’s face down card. Next, she activates her Card of Last Will, drawing 5 cards if a monster of hers is destroyed or loses ATK. Lucas then activates Gladiator Beast Laquari’s effect, sending it to the deck to special summon another Gladiator Beast monster from her deck, choosing Gladiator Beast Bestiari (ATK: 1500 DEF: 800). Next, Lucas sends Gladiator Beast Bestiari and Gladiator Beast Andal to the deck to fusion summon Gladiator Beast Gyzarus (ATK: 2400 DEF: 1500). When it’s special summoned, Lucas can destroy up to 2 cards on the field, and destroys Worm Noble.

Lucas ends his turn. Pinkie Pie discards one card for being over the hand size limit.

Status: Hand-3 Life-2550 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Pinkie Pie’s Turn: Pinkie Pie summons a monster face down.

Pinkie Pie places 2 cards face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

Lucas’ Turn: Lucas attacks Pinkie Pie’s face down monster, which was Worm Jetelikpse (ATK: 1200 DEF: 0). When it’s flipped, when Worm Jetelikpse is destroyed that turn, Pinkie Pie can special summon it from her graveyard in defense position. Next, Pinkie Pie activates Michizure, destroying a monster when a monster is sent to her graveyard, choosing Gladiator Beast Gyzarus. Lucas summons 1 monster face down.

Lucas places 2 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-1 Life-2550 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Pinkie Pie’s Turn: Pinkie Pie tributes Worm Jetelikpse to summon Worm Warlord (ATK: 2350 DEF: 1800). She attempts to attacks Lucas’ face down monster, but Lucas activates Ring of Destruction, destroying Worm Warlord and inflicting damage equal to Worm Warlord’s effect to both players.

Lucas’ Life Points: 2550 -> 200

Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 4000 -> 1650

Pinkie Pie ends her turn.

Status: Hand-4 Life-1650 Monsters-0 Face Down Card-1

Lucas’ Turn: Lucas tributes his face down Gladiator Beast Hoplomus to summon Gladiator Beast Alexander (ATK: 2400 DEF: 600). Lucas attacks Pinkie Pie directly. Pinkie Pie attempts to activate Negate Attack, but Lucas activates Parry, sending a Gladiator Beast from his hand to his deck to negate the activation of Negate Attack and destroys it. The attack goes through.

Pinkie Pie’s Life Points: 1650 -> 0

Lucas wins.



Although Pinkie Pie loved the game and played whenever she got the chance, she never won a single duel, but she was always happier playing the game than she was with winning it. She giggled, saying, “That was so much fun! I think I may be ready for the tournament then. I mean, I was SO close this time.” “You sure were,” agreed Lucas. “I’m hungry,” said Pinkie Pie. “Hey, let’s get something from Sugarcube Corner,” she suggested. “I could go for some sweets,” said Lucas.

They then got to Sugarcube Corner, but the two owners, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, were running back and forth in the kitchen. It was complete pandemonium. “I’m sorry guys,” said Mr. Cake, “but we’re far too busy to take care of customers.” “What’s going on here?” asked Lucas. Mr. Cake then realized who they were. “Oh thank goodness it’s you two. Listen, the registration day for that tournament starts the day after tomorrow, and we need to cater for the guests that will be arriving. Could you come back here and help us?” “Okey dokey lokey!” said Pinkie Pie on impulse. They then threw on some aprons and began to work. They saw many apple pies, cupcakes, and various sweets being prepared to get made. “Mr. Cake,” called Lucas, “would you mind if I made some pies from our world?” Mr. Cake was too busy to pay attention. “Yes, fine,” he said. “You bake?” asked Pinkie Pie. “I sure do,” said Lucas, “and I’m going to need you to be my wingman.” “But we’re not flying,” said Pinkie Pie. Lucas ignored her naiveté and began work. “I’m going to need graham crackers, condensed milk, sugar, cream of tartar, lemons, limes, and eggs. Lots and lots of eggs.” Pinkie got the ingredients and put them on the table. “Now while I juice these, can you fill some pie tins with some crust?” Pinkie Pie happily saluted Lucas and got to her own work. They finished around the same time. “What are we making anyways?” asked Pinkie. “We are making my mother’s famous recipes for key lime and lemon meringue pie,” responded Lucas. “Now can you help me separate the yolks from the whites?” They began to separate the eggs and put the yolks and whites in each bowl. They were both in synchronicity with each other, moving quickly but diligently. In about 6 minutes all the eggs were separated. “Now that that’s done,” said Lucas, “can you crumble these graham crackers finely while I make the meringue?” Pinkie and Lucas got their respective tasks done. Next, they made the lime and lemon curds for their pies. When that was finished, they packed a bunch of empty pie tin bottoms with the graham cracker crumbles. They filled the graham cracker crusted tins with the lime curd and put the lemon curd into the pie crust tins, topping the lemon curded pies with the meringue. They ended up making about a dozen of each pie. They then threw them into a free oven and began working on the next set of pies.

By afternoon’s end, Lucas, Pinkie Pie, and Mr. and Mrs. Cake were finished with making the pies, having a large number of apple pies, cupcakes, and key lime pies and lemon meringue pies that Lucas and Pinkie Pie made. Lucas grabbed one of his finished key lime pies out of a refrigerator and cut a slice for himself and the three ponies. “I have to say,” said Mr. Cake, “I can’t thank you two enough for the help you gave us today.” “It was my pleasure,” said Lucas. “If there’s one thing I love more than singing, it’s making a good ol’ key lime or lemon meringue pie now and then.” They then all sat in the dining room with their pieces of pie. They each took a bite. The look of ecstasy on Mr. and Mrs. Cakes’ faces was enough to give Lucas a smile on his face. Pinkie Pie was already wolfing her slice down. “Pinkie Pie!” called Mrs. Cake. “Manners.” “That’s quite alright, Mrs. Cake,” said Lucas. “As long as she likes my pies, I do not mind.” “How do you do it?” asked Mrs. Cake. Lucas responded with a story, “When I was a child, I lived in the poorer section of Cianwood City in the Johto region. My mother owned a small pie shop where she made her pies. Unfortunately, due to her location, she did not get too much business, either from people being too poor to even afford a slice, or because people didn’t want to buy a pie from the slums. But people who did buy pies knew of the magic my mother casted in each pie she made. I still remember her. She was very skinny, but she was gorgeous for being as old as she was. She had wavy long black hair, and I rarely saw her without a smile on her face. I even tried helping her business by taking up flute, but it only marginally helped.” “What happened to her?” asked Mr. Cake. Lucas then grimaced and took a heavy sigh. He continued. “One night, a hurricane was headed straight for Cianwood. Me and my mother were in a basement cellar and waited for the storm to pass over. I had remembered that I left my flute in my bedroom, so my mother left to find it, but I knowing where it was, went up to my room to get it. As we looked and I found it, the winds from the hurricane ripped the roof off the house. We tried to run downstairs back towards the cellar, but a large wave swept through the slums and demolished our house. I made it to the cellar before she did, but she knew she wasn’t going to make it. She threw a ring of keys down the cellar stairs and told me to shut the door right before the wall of water could flood the cellar. I did so, and the force of debris and the wave knocked me backwards down the stairs, knocking me unconscious. The next morning, I woke up with my head pounding. I went over to the door and tried to open it, but there was too much debris on the door to be able to open it. I as I waited for rescue, I found a box with a keyhole. I remembered the ring of keys so I took one of them and opened the box. Inside were the recipes to my mother’s pies. One day, heard the falling of rubble and people talking. I went to the door and screamed for help. Within the minutes there were people prying the rubble and debris away, and they were able to open the door. They asked me about my parents but I told them that my mother was dead. The leader of the rescue team, who was a very rich and charitable man who owned a casino in Goldenrod City, decided to adopt me. He then loaded me on a boat and we went to his hometown in Goldenrod City, with my recipes and flute in tow. Under his care, I became a sophisticated young man. Seeing my flute and me playing it, he graciously enrolled me into a prestigious music school there, where I made a promise to my mother: I would try and bring the same joy and happiness she brought to people with her baking through music, and making her pies helps me keep her memory alive.”


The three ponies were stunned by his story. “That’s awful,” said Mrs. Cake. Lucas responded “I know, it was very tough to cope, but then I met somebody who would change my life forever. Her name was Charlotte “Charley” de Silva, who was the biological father of my adopted father, and we both went to the same music school together; she was intending on being a violinist. She was a fantastic friend to help me adjust to my new way of life. And then as I grew up, we started developing feelings for each other. My father knew I wasn’t his actual son and started to grow quite fond of me, so he accepted our budding relationship. Through some of the classmates that I met at school, I started taking an interest in rock music that included flute in their timbre, like King Crimson, Jethro Tull, and Genesis, and that love of music is what got me into Lamss.” Pinkie then took her glass of milk and raised it for a toast, “Well, here’s to your mom, your band, and your new friends.” Lucas smiled again as they all took their glasses and clinked them against each other, proclaiming, “Cheers.”

PreviousChapters Next