• Published 16th Aug 2015
  • 706 Views, 10 Comments

Sticky Hooves - notscootaloo



Twilight and Rainbow Dash find themselves in a bit of a sticky situation.

  • ...
25
 10
 706

Chapter 1

"How!? How did this happen, Twilight!?" exclaimed Dash, greatly alarmed by the situation she currently found herself in.

"How do you think!? I didn't think it would be this strong though…" Twilight replied, equally alarmed by the same situation.

"Well do something!"

"Ugh, ok! Let me think."

The unfortunate situation in which Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash currently found themselves was being stuck together by a tacky blue substance similar—but not quite the same as—blu-tac.

Twilight had been spending some quality alone time researching, as she is wont to do, and had come across a theoretical adhesive substance in some old journals she'd had sent from Canterlot. After a week of hard work Twilight was coming close to a working prototype of said substance, poor Spike cleaning up the mess of failed trials behind her the entire time and increasingly finding it hard to remove from himself what he had just been removing from the library.

This particular day Twilight had been working on her most successful version yet. She had managed to get it to a glue-like state, almost the tacky blob-like substance she was ultimately aiming for, when Rainbow Dash had burst in through the window yelling something about wild Pinkies. Unfortunately she had ended up crashing through Twilight's experiments—which, by the way, should not have been done in a publicly accessible space in a library—before proceeding to crash into Twilight. Spike was occupying himself with laughing uncontrollably.

"Twilight…" Dash whined, "hurry up and think of something!"

"Well, how can I think of something with you whining right in my ear!"

"Hey, this is your fault!"

"How is it my fault? You're the one who crashed in through the window." Twilight replied in annoyance.

"Oh," Rainbow cringed, "right. Well, in that case it's, uh, Pinkie's fault because she chased me here." Dash stuttered as she turned away from Twilight sheepishly.

"Oh? Then where is she? You just like screwing with me!"

"Who said anything about me wanting to screw you!?" A shocked Dash blurt out in response.

"Wha… What?"

A very confused Twilight stared at the red-faced, wide-eyed mare whose flank was firmly adhered to her own. Rainbow couldn't help but think that Spike was literally going to die from laughing so hard.

"Uh… Uh! I mean…" Rainbow dropped her attempt at words and instead attempted to fly off in embarrassment, but found herself unable to lift Twilight along with her, promptly crashing back to the ground with a loud thud.

"Oh Celestia, no," she groaned, burying her head in her hooves as best she could.

"Fine, I guess I'll just say it then." Rainbow muttered to the floor.

Inhaling deeply, she lifted her head and opened her eyes, trying as hard as she could to stop shaking so much from nervousness.

"So there was no Pinkie Pie. I just wanted to come see you."

"You don't have to crash through my window to see me, Rainbow."

"I know but, it's just…"

"And we see each other a lot anyway, you always come by to read with me these days."

"Yeah, but… but reading doesn't let me get so… so… close to you" Dash said, the last part barely more than a whisper.

"Get close to me?"

"Yeah. Whenever I come over to read and I see you sitting over there, nose in a book, I just want to come over and… and be next to you."

"Huh? So why not come sit next to me then?" Twilight asked as she raised an eyebrow, not quite comprehending what her friend was saying.

"No! Like, really close to you. Right… right up close." Rainbow paused to try and calm her nerves again.

"Like we are now."

"Like we are… now?" Twilight took the time to pay attention to just how close she was to Rainbow. She could feel the blue mare's body glowing hot next to her, their flanks firmly stuck together, their faces nearly touching as they both struggled just to stand in place without collapsing onto each other.

Rainbow looked sheepishly around the room and back to Twilight, her heart pounding so hard she thought it had grown wings and was trying to ram its way out of her chest to fly away.

"B… Because I… like you, Twilight." Dash managed to say. "Like you like you."

"HOLY BUCKING LUNA, WHAT!?" Spike croaked from the other side of the room, finding the situation a lot less hilarious than he had just a moment ago.

"Spike! Get out!" Twilight commanded. Spike dutifully obeyed, not at all wanting to witness the quickly escalating scene.

"Rainbow I… I had no idea."

"Twilight, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have said anything, especially now. Please… please just forget it and let's get unstuck and pretend this never happened."

"No. No, Rainbow, I can't forget it." Twilight was almost whispering.

Rainbow braced herself waiting for what Twilight would say next. Her mind filled itself with possibilities; a million variations of Twilight rejecting her in that gentle and diplomatic way she always managed, and a million more where Twilight accepted her, revealing that she, too, had hidden her feelings all along.

Twilight opened her mouth and Rainbow looked away.

"How could I forget my friend telling me she's a dirty gay!? I had no idea you were such an abomination, Rainbow. Girls kissing girls? That's disgusting! I am going to get us unstuck immediately then go research how to make you less of a blight on Equestia."

And then Rainbow Dash cried.

Comments ( 10 )

Okay what the Hell?

"A waste of time."
~The New York Times

Ahaha I certainly didn't see that ending coming! xD
I don't think that's something Twilight would do but you never know how someone would react to that.

When I began reading, I was confused as to why there were so many dislikes. It was well written, there was nice buildup, and then the end happened. Just... why? What a terrible attempt at trolling readers. You had two characters glued together, so there's all kinds of whack hijinks they could get up to, and you end with that? Really, not funny.

That had all the makings of a great little story and you had to go and do that?! :rainbowhuh::facehoof:

Do you hate TwiDash that much?

6349958 I agree. Maybe I can make an alternate ending with the authors permission.

I died at the ending.

Well, all us shippers can take confort in knowing the real Twilight would NEVER say this. Especially to her friends.

Login or register to comment