• Published 17th Sep 2015
  • 3,430 Views, 36 Comments

Aria goes on a Date - MLPFan234



In a average day in Canterlot High someone asks Aria out, and she isn't too happy about it, but accepts it anyway.

  • ...
11
 36
 3,430

Someone I can relate to

Adagio, Sonata, and Aria were sitting at a lunch table in the cafeteria, they were usually in the corner and alone, so no one can bug them. Sonata sighed as she poked her salad with her fork.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Asked Adagio, raising her eyebrow at the girl.

"Probably not," Aria groaned. "She only cares about her tacos..."

"That's not true!" Sonata shouted, crossing her arms.

"Yeah it is." Aria said.

"No it isn't!"

"Yes it is!" Aria shouted back at Sonata.

"NO IT ISN'T!" Sonata stood up while shouting. Sonata's shouting caused everyone staring at them, Sonata blushed and sat down.

"Idiot." Aria muttered.

"Hey!"

"Sonata!" Adagio hissed. "Will you be quiet? Everyone is staring at us!"

"Sorry, dagi." Said Sonata, causing her to blush even more.


"Do you think she'll say yes?"

Asked Jake. He was a teen in Canterlot High, usually hanging out with his buddy Joe. They were best friends for a long time, Jake was a tall guy with blonde hair, with blue eyes. He usually whored a grey jacket and jeans. His friend Joe was a sweet, shy guy. He wore striped tshirts with shorts. He had brown hair, and green eyes.

"I don't know." Answered Joe, munching his sandwich.

"She's pretty hot!" Jake laughed.

"Yeah, she looks nice." Joe grinned.

"Okay, I'm going to ask her out!" Jake proudly said, standing up from his seat.

"Alright then," Joe Said. "Good luck."

"Thanks!" Jake said, as he walked to Aria.

Aria slowly munched on her salad, hating every moment of it. Salad wasn't her favorite food, but that was all she can afford at the moment. She had to eat something.

"Uh hey," Said Jake, standing next to Aria.

Aria's eyes widen as she heard him next to her, She gulped her food and turned around to see him. "Uh, Hey," She replied. "Um, Who are you?"

"I'm Jake." He answered. "And I'm here to-to-"

"To what?!" Aria shouted.

"To ask you out!"

Aria's eyes widen, As she looked back at Sonata, She had her hand over her mouth, quietly chuckling at Aria. Then Aria turned her head to Adagio, who has a very evilish smirk on her face, raising an eyebrow at Aria. Aria was quiet for a minute, there was a sudden silence between all three of them. Jake awkwardly stood there, waiting for a reply. Adagio still had that smirk on her face, and Sonata was still chuckling. Until suddenly, Aria finally spoke up. "Yeah, sure." Aria said, rolling her eyes, and crossed her arms.

"Wow, really?" Said Jake. "That's awesome!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Aria groaned. "Just leave before I change my mind!"

"So, today at eight o'clock? At the restaurant near the school? It's called "Flange"." Jake explained.

"Yeah, okay." Said Aria.

"Okay, uh bye!" With that, Jake was gone. Aria still had her arms crossed, she sat there in her seat while Adagio and Sonata were staring at her. "What?! What is it?!"

"Aria has a date! Aria has a date!" Sonata teased.

"Look who's being romantic, and all." Said Adagio, with a seductive tone.

"It's just a date, nothing special!" Said Aria.

"A date is super special! I bet you two will become a couple by the end of it." Sonata Giggled.

"No, we won't!" Aria shouted.

"You know Aria," Said Adagio. "I never expected you to be the first one of us to go on a date."

"And who were you expecting?" Aria asked, raising a brow at Adagio.

"I was expecting me, of course." Adagio chuckled.

"What about me?" Asked Sonata.

"Maybe second," Adagio answered. "I would imagine guys to find you cute, and ask you out."

"So, I'm last?" Asked Aria.

"Well, yeah," said Adagio. "I tough you didn't care about dating."


Adagio was sitting on the couch, switching between the channels on TV, searching for something interest to watch. Meanwhile, Sonata was sitting next to hear reading a new magazine, and Aria was looking into the mirror, wondering how the date will turn out. She has to remember that it's just a small date, nothing special, nothing romantic, just a way to hang out. She took out the stars from her hair, and her hair went straight. Aria didn't care dressing up fancy for it, She looked at the clock and noticed it was about to be eight o'clock in twenty minutes, so she decided to leave the apartment and head to the restaurant.

"Well, bye then." Said Aria, about to exit the apartment.

"Bye Aria!" Sonata shouted, waving her arm at Aria.

"Good luck on your, date." Adagio chuckled.

Aria rolled her eyes, and exited the apartment. She locked the door behind her and placed the keys in her pocket. Aria walked through the street, searching for the "Flange" restaurant. She eventually found it nearby the school, just where Jake said it would be. Aria walked up to the place, standing outside it and waiting for Jake. About five minutes later, Aria saw Jake running to her, waving and grinning.

"Hey, you're here early." Jake chuckled.

"Uhhuh." Aria said, crossing her arms. "Should we go, inside?"

"Yeah, let's go." Aria and Jake walked inside, One of the workers offered them a sit by the window. Today, the restaurant was quite busy, it was a Friday, so a lot of people had time to be there at such time.

"How long does it take to bring us menus?" Aria groaned.

"You're really Impatient, aren't you?"

Aria had a small smirk on her face, but it disappear as someone walked up to them and handed them two menus.

"Finally." Aria muttered.

"So, what would you like?" Asked Jake.

"Uh Pasta."

"Sounds nice, I think I'll choose pasta too." Jake smirked. "It is quite delicious."

"You really think so?" Asked Aria. "My friends don't really like it."

"Oh, sorry about that." Jake chuckled nervously . "I guess they don't have good taste."

Aria quietly chuckled to herself. "Yeah."

"So, is there any person who you Hate?" Asked Jake.

"Well, that's a odd question."

"Yeah, It is-"

"Personally, everyone." Aria groaned. "Everyone I know is a idiot."

"I can say the same, but not my best friend Joe." Jake grinned. "He's a cool guy."

"Oh, at least you have a good friend,"

"Don't you have those two friends? The orange haired one, and blue haired one?"

"I suppose you can call them my friends," Said Aria. "but they can be annoying and idiots, and we argue a lot."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Nice to know someone else who doesn't like a lot of people. I've never liked my family much. My brother and sister are jerks to me, and my Step dad is the worst."

"Wait, step dad?"

"Yeah. My mom passed away, a long time ago, and my I never really knew my dad." Jake sighed. "I really wished I would have met him."

"Sorry, Jake."

"What about your family? Mom? ... Dad?"

"Oh, uh." Aria gulped. "It's complicated!"

"Then... Who do you even live with?"

"Sonata, and Adagio. The clumsy dork, and bad leader. We're sisters."

"I suppose we both have to deal with annoying siblings." Jake chuckled.

Aria actually grinned, someone finally understood her. And was nice to her, instead of arguing or shouting. Aria actually felt nice around someone. She stared at Jake for a long time, her eyes lingering on his features.

"So, Did you pick what you want?" Asked a lady.

"Yes, we will both have some water and pasta." Said Jake.

"Alright." Replied the lady, taking their menu's.

Finishing their food, Aria wiped her mouth and sighed in relief. "Finally I finished this." Aria smirked. "I'm full, what about you?"

"Yeah, me too." Jake chuckled.

"I guess that's the end of our, uh-"

"Date?"

"Sure, If you want to call it that." Aria muttered, she crossed her arms and looked away.

"Have you ever been on a date before?" Asked Jake. "It's alright If you don't want to answer or talk about it, or-"

"No." Aria groaned. "Like I said, I hate everyone."

"So, that means me too, right?" Jake smirked and raised his bow at her.

"Well, uh no?" They both got quiet, but then laughed. Aria hadn't felt positive in a long time. Aria and Jake stood up from their table. Jake placed the money and left off with Aria. "Well, that was nice." Grinned Jake.

"Yeah, It It actually was." Aria said, grinning back.

"Should we hang out sometime again?"

Aria didn't reply, She leaned closer to Jake and gave a small kiss on his cheek. "Oh, you bet we should." Aria winked. They both waved goodbye and walked they're direction. Aria walked in her apartment, where Sonata and Adagio were still watching TV.

"Aria!" Sonata shouted, hugging the purple siren.

"Hey, Sonata." Aria groaned, pushing the girl away from her.

"Sooo, how was the date?" Sonata winked and giggled.

"It was, actually pretty good." Said Aria.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gos-"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it." Aria rolled her eyes. "I had fun, big deal!"

"That actually is a big deal, Aria." Said Adagio. "And it's good to see you happy."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever!" Aria sat down on the couch and sighed. "You really are the worst."

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed it. If not, feel free to press the downvote button, but if you have you could let me know what went wrong, I would be most grateful. Any area for improvement at all. Grammar, spelling, dialogue, pacing. You name it.