• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 1,175 Views, 19 Comments

Full Friendship's Magic #1 (The Filly From Mitaly) - Reykatan



There are many mysteries behind the world of Friendship is Magic, all lost in history. Until one pony unlocks it.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,175

Scroll of Modesty Chapter 0: Prologue

Before Friendship, there was Harmony, before there was Harmony, there was Unity.

The elders used to tell young children stories about Equestria’s legends. During times of peace, the goddess of creation maintained the balance between Ponies, Griffins, Dragons, and all species living in the farthest lands. Then, everything suddenly changed when the outbreak of the Nightmares began.

Only the Elements of Unity, the first elements to exist at that time, were wielded by three powerful mares who could bring back the peace that once held. But when Equestria needed hope, they vanished.

As the nightmares nearly conquered Equestria, the father of chaos and master of magic created something no one had ever seen before. It was left described as a living power. Its capabilities are unknown, but in myth and rumors, it was said to have the potential to end the Nightmare uprising, should the elements of Unity fail. But just like the three mares, it disappeared. All hope was lost, and the reign of darkness lasted for millennia.

A thousand years later, two alicorn sisters discovered six new elements that appeared from an ancient tree in the Everfree Forest. No one knows how it got there, but some might say it's a replacement for the lost elements from the early eras. The sisters harnessed their magic and used it against the remaining threats in Equestria, until it reached the time when the two sisters would turn on each other.

After the elder sister vanquished her only sibling, she decided to pass down the elements to six ponies entrusted with its power. Today, the six elements, known as the Elements of Harmony, are wielded by six finest ponies. One of them is a young alicorn named Twilight Sparkle, a newly coronated princess of friendship living in a peaceful village called Ponyville. Along with her friends, they spread the magic of friendship all across Equestria.

Some have forgotten the legend of the elements of unity and the unknown living power ever existed. But just because it's forgotten, doesn't truly mean it's gone.

Author's Note:

In Equestria #1022 the canon events of seasons 1 - 9 and the movie all happened but with a different history and a different route in the future.