• Published 17th Aug 2015
  • 3,120 Views, 221 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Overpowered (Season 3) - ocalhoun



Join Twilight Sparkle and her friends as they easily defeat every challenge thrown at them with their awesome friendship powers.

  • ...
9
 221
 3,120

S03E13 Magical Mystery Cure

"Come on, Twilight," Spike prodded, "what's going on?"

Twilight shook her head. "Remember that unfinished spellbook Princess Celestia sent me? I cast the spell so I could find out what it was, but nothing seemed to happen. But now I know something did happen. The spell has changed the Elements of Harmony! That must be why their cutie marks are all wrong!"

"So just cast a counter-spell to switch them back."

"A counter-spell doesn't exist!" Twilight grinned. "Yet." A look of intense concentration passed over her face, then her horn began to glow, sending a wave of energy in all directions and clouding the room with glowing sparks.

Doing his best to avoid the sparks, Spike backed away coughing.

"There, that should do it." Twilight shook her mane out and opened her wings.

"Twilight! You've got wings!" Spike shouted.

She looked back at them. "Huh. I guess that counter-spell had some side effects."

Author's Note:

This story is brought to you thanks in part to my Patreon supporters! They're invaluable for keeping me focused and motivated to write with the power of the deadline.

If you'd like to help keep me writing, please check out my Patreon page.

Comments ( 43 )

6363414
All my episodes make more sense than the show! :rainbowwild:

6364108
And the scroll read:
"Thank you for the timberwolf. It was delicious."

"And I didn't even need to complete the spell!" :pinkiehappy:

I dunno, Twilight seems to be losing power with how she didn't see what was wrong with the spell ten seconds after she got it, even before she cast it, and fixed the thing right then and there.

Well, we don't get the song, but it was a noble sacrifice. :twilightsmile:

So Season 3 is done, Season 4 up next and I can't wait to see how that unfolds. :pinkiehappy:

:trollestia:: Hey, where's my musical number?
:twilightsmile:: No need to worry, princess. No need for a musical number when the problem is solved with just one spell.
:trollestia:: ......... Whatever.
:twilightsmile:

And so, season 3 is finished. I definitely enjoyed this one.

Basically what happened in the episode, though with more musical numbers and disintegrations.

... You know, I think you actually nerfed this one. :rainbowhuh:

I cannot believe it is over, I am just so full of all of the emotions. Notice the emotion in my punctuation.

~KBO.:twilightsmile:

Now that Season 3 is done, do you have any plans for Equestria Girls?

... This was not OP enough.

6365586
Not OP enough

Not enough explosions

Not enough rainbows

NOT ENOUGH PYLONS

6365581
Twilight gets a gun and shoots Sunset Shimmer.

Better yet, just grabs Sunset Shimmer with her magic and takes the crown back.

6364797
Of course not!

6364798
Ooh, that would have been good. :facehoof:

6364834
As if I'm going to take the time to type a whole song in this series!

6365052
I'm glad people are enjoying it!

6365089
She's memorized everything because OP.

6365230
6365586
Yeah... that last one was hard.

6365361
That's the most emotional period I've seen since I broke up with my ex!

6365581
I kind of want to do it, but there's not enough material for fimfic's minimum word count, I think.
Maybe since Season 3 is short, I should dump both movies into season 3?
It would be fun to OP EqG... the question is how? There are so many options!
-Twilight kicks Sunset's ass when Sunset first tries to steal the crown; never use the mirror.
-When Twilight sees the crown in a glass display case, she just breaks the case and takes it back to Equestria.
-Twilight drags Sunset back to Equestria to face justice, then comes back to claim the crown with no competition.
-And a hundred others I haven't thought of yet...

6365701
YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!

6366869
Oy, yet another way!

6366963 I would go with simply adding the first movie to season 3(maybe rename it "MLP: FiO (Season 3 + EQG)", and then just add the various way it could end in multiple scenes (like the "how it should've ended" series).

Also, I've got an idea or two if you're interested.

6366963

No, Sunset, keep the Element. Your highly thought through strategy of using an army of teenagers in bodies they're not used to against a trained defense force, two alicorns, myself, and five other Elements needs all the help it can get.

See you tomorrow, sweetie. *slasher grin*

Hmm, yea, this last one just isn't op enough. She needs more absolute confidence and understanding of the stiuation. it should be more like...

"I did it Spike."

"Did what?"

"Fixed this broken spell Celestia sent me."

"What does it do?"

"That's the best part. But I'm eager to cast it so I'll just show you. This is so exciting."

*ka-wing*

"Wow"

6368481
Heh, that would be better.

Damn! I'm missing out already! Ocalhan, I'm MISSSING OUT!!! :pinkiegasp: :pinkiegasp: :pinkiegasp:

I'll go on and read the first three chapters, then I'll read the next three later because DAMN I'm MISSSING OUT!!! Hope you feel me?! :twilightsmile: :pinkiesmile: :pinkiehappy: :pinkiehappy: :rainbowdetermined2:

6369038

Ocalhan

I am now Ocalhan Solo.
I shot first, damnit!

And so the equestria girls begins...lets see how op twilight is in that one.

6377811
Way too many options for that one.

6377288
Heh, that would work too.

6381387
take your time.

6386522
Some will be good, some bad.
No way I can hit 100% on these.

What we truly need is My Little Pony: Friendship is Overpowered Spaceballs Edition.

KNOCK NEXT TIME!

6410991
:rainbowlaugh:
Would Celestia be the one getting caught playing with mane 6 toys from McDonalds?

6411361
Alas, but I think that would work *much* better in a visual format.

6411385
Visual format you say?
i.imgur.com/FVnK8Ku.png
I spent too much time on this to be honest....

6411649
Huh... your line art is actually pretty good. And you make it pretty quickly.

I don't suppose you'd want to collab on a comic strip entitled Ponyballs, would you? :rainbowwild:

6411754
Oh god I'd love to.

When do we start :P

There is one way this could have been even easier: If Twilight looked at the spell and was able to fix it before casting it the first time.

Spike: "What's that?"

Twilight: "It's Starswirl the Bearded's alicorn spell. Hold on, he missed a line..." *scribble scribble* "There!"

Twilight reads the spell and becomes an alicorn.

6438318
Heh, yeah. That would have been better.

Season 4?

And if you are going to do an Equestria Girls chapter, you may want to chose an OP method that still allows you to make future chapters for Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games.

6479720 Kersey475 at Wednesday 30th of September 2015 08:36:20 PM said:

Season 4?

And if you are going to do an Equestria Girls</i> chapter, you may want to chose an OP method that still allows you to make future chapters for <i>Rainbow Rocks</i> and <i>Friendship Games.

Yes, easily solve all the problems while leaving problems unsolved.
Writing this is surprisingly challenging sometimes.

6509610
Many things are in nutshells here.

6590892
Yeah, but sometimes her friends, too.

6594100
Heh, I could make another version where things always go worse and evil always wins easily...

:trollestia: "Twilight was here for a split second. Well, I guess I'll find a place where my singing is appreciated."

10080442
Not again. I already read geekcat’s story “blank”

10080479
Well I did it first, so there. :twilightsmile:
Though, I’m sure they did it much better than me. :facehoof:

10080881
No it was actually worse.

Well this accession is less satisfying.

Login or register to comment