• Published 29th Aug 2015
  • 5,513 Views, 93 Comments

My Little Descendants - Nerdz



When the foals of Equestria's villains are given a chance to live a better life, will they let their parents' deeds define them, or will they be brave enough to write their own destinies?

  • ...
9
 93
 5,513

Chapter One: An Introduction

Once upon a time, about twenty years ago, everything in Equestria changed. Twilight Sparkle united with her new found friends and defeated Nightmare Moon, the, ahem, 'murderer' of the young Princess Luna, and returned her to the moon. They went on to save Equestria from countless villains, but one of the most famous stories was the classic tale of Fluttershy and Discord. The kind spirited mare tamed the beast, and a new friendship was kindled. Over time, friendship turned to romance, and the couple said their vows in front of the entire Equestrian population. Yeah, pretty big cake. Anyway, Discord, in an effort to pay for his crimes, proposed a way to create a peaceful utopia. The kingdom was divided among the Mane Six and Princess Cadence, depending on each region's needs, which allowed Princess Celestia to relax more, and gave her the first chance in a thousand years to mourn her sister. The ancient mare did, however, keep her title. To maintain the peace, Discord rounded up all the villains his new wife and her friends had faced, even going as far as finding banished villains and bringing back dead ones, and dropped them all on an island in the middle of the Eastern Sea, with a barrier keep them there. Magic removed, eternal famine and poverty, and no. Way. Off.

Or so we thought.

I suppose they were hoping the ponies of the Isle of the Forgotten, as it was dubbed by the residents, would receive their due punishment worse than death, and eventually all die off. What they didn't expect, however, was that the villains would take it upon themselves to raise a new generation. That's right; villains have foals. And that, dear reader, is where we come in. But, if you're going to hear our tale, I better start from the beginning.

***

The sun shone brightly over the kingdom. For twenty years, peace and prosperity reigned over Equestria. That reign would continue with the colt currently staring out the window of his dorm in the school located in the Canterlot Castle. The school had once been Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, but had long since been turned into a prestigious high school open to all of Equestria's youth. The colt stared out over the land, in the direction of the Eastern Sea. Though he couldn't see the water, or the island somewhere in the middle, he knew they were there.

The colt was jarred from his thoughts by an annoyed grunt from the stallion tailoring his suit. With a sigh, he turned his head away from the window, allowing the tailor to work on the collar. Suddenly the door opened to reveal two ponies. The mare had a soft yellow coat and a delicate pair of wings, with a pale pink mane that trailed to the floor and kind teal eyes. She wore a simple pale pink dress. The stallion at her side was brownish-grey with a short, dusty black mane and reddish eyes, and a horn towering from his head. He wore a modern brown suit. Both displayed matching smiles. They were the King and Queen of the Center Region

"Oh, Will." The mare sighed, "I can't believe you're about to take over our Region! You're only a baby!"

The stallion laughed at his wife's statement. "He's sixteen, my darling." he said, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"I know, but he's still my baby!" The mare replied, ignoring the eye roll she earned from the teen. "But, you won't be able to join us a Guardian of Equestria until you perform an act to better the society."

There was a custom put in place after the villains were banished. To become a Guardian, one must prove their worth among two tasks: saving the kingdom, or bettering the lives of the less fortunate in an extreme way. While all the current Guardians had saved Equestria at least once, many also performed the latter task. For example, Applejack organized a group that provides food and shelter to the poorer areas of the kingdom, while Rainbow Dash discovered a cure for Pegasus Scoliosis, giving many disabled Pegasi the chance to fly, and Twilight opened a school.

"Well," the colt began, "I actually have an idea..."

"Go on." his father said, a proud smile spreading across his face.

"Iwanttogivethevilliankidsachancetolivehere." he spoke in one breath. Judging his parents confused expressions, he spoke slower. "I want to give the foals of the Isle of the Forgotten the chance to live here in Equestria."

"You want to WHAT!?" his father shrieked. The stallion burst into flames, his equine appearance melting away to reveal his true Draconequus form. "The children of our enemies living among us!?" He visibly calmed when a yellow hoof rested against his shoulder. The flames dissipated, but his beastly look remained.

"Discord, the least you can do is hear him out without losing your head." the mare turned to her son, motioning for him to continue.

Will smiled at his mother before walking to the window, much to the annoyance of the tailor, who finally gave up for the moment. "Every day, I look out there and I wonder what's happening to them. If the villain's are truly as evil as you say, who knows what horrors their foals are facing." he turned to his father with a brave face. "I believe they should be given the chance to attend Canterlot Prep, to receive an education better than the one they might or might not be currently getting. To finally be taught right from wrong, and all in all, live a better life. For even though their parents have committed unspeakable crimes, the foals are innocent."

"They were raised by those criminals. How different can they truly be?" Discord asked.

"I gave you a chance, when you were a villain." seeing her husband's still stubborn expression, she tried a lower blow. "Suppose everypony decided that you hadn't received your just punishment, and sent you to the Island for a while. Will would have to go with you."

"Fluttershy!" the Draconequus gasped in shock, "Why ever would you suggest such a thing?"

"You are his father, and you did take part in raising him..." she trialed off, inwardly smirking at her husband's flustered expression.

The beast sighed, transforming himself back into a pony. "I suppose...foals are innocent. But, they all can't come at once; we couldn't keep an eye on all of them."

Will grinned at his father, glad that they now were on the same page. "I was thinking the same thing. I figured we could start off with four?" the colt gauged his parents' reactions before continuing. "I've already chosen them."

"I see...and who are their parents?"

The colt kept a brave front, though he was slightly worried. This undoubtedly would be the hardest thing to get his parents, his father mainly, to agree to. "Sunset Shimmer," not even a flinch, "Sombra," Fluttershy's eyes widened momentarily, "Chrysalis," Discord clenched his jaw. Will paused for a moment. They wouldn't like this. He licked his suddenly dry lips before continuing. "And Nightmare Moon."

"Nightm- are you sure you want her kid here? I mean, she killed a born Alicorn. Do you realize how much power that takes?"

The colt stood resilient. "Yes, I do, but I also realize that they should not be condemned for their parents crimes."

The stallion stared into his son's eyes for a few moments before allowing a small smile to spread across his face. "You'll make a fine Guardian." Will released the breathe he didn't know he was holding as he watched his father exit the room.

His mother flapped her wings, gently gliding and hovering in front of him. She smiled, brushing a bit of his black mane from his light red eyes. "So kindhearted." she whispered before hugging him. "Well done!"

***

The Isle of the Forgotten was a dark, grungy place. Shadows stretched across graffiti-covered walls; pain-filled wails and cackling echoed throughout dark alleyways. A dark-coated teen, dressed in leather of varying shades of purple and black, stood in front of a red brick wall. She was busy using the spray can she held between her teeth to finish up her mural. The painting depicted the silhouette of an Alicorn surrounded by an indigo cloud of smoke. 'For Night Eternal!' was written in purple across the bottom. She whirled around, her deep purple mane flaring around her before settling at her shoulders. Her turquoise, dragon-like eyes sparkled evilly as she began to sing.

"They call me trouble,

and say I'm bad.

Call me evil,"

She started walking, shoving over some random pony that happened to be in her way.

"But that makes me glad!"

As she walked past a dirty wall, a colt poked his silver-colored head over the top, black tresses curtaining over his gaze. He wore a black leather jacket. His red eyes glowed malevolently, a purple mist rising from his lime sclerae as he rolled on his shoulders across the top of the wall, before somersaulting off the side, landing on a ladder which he promptly shimmied down.

"A dirty no-good,

I'm bad to the bone.

A wicked nightmare.

Ya can't take me home!"

He sang in his suave voice as he walked away. Passing a tarp tacked up on the side of the wall as he disappeared down a dark alley, he turned his head momentarily, just long enough to grasp the tarp between his teeth. He ripped the tarp, the two halves falling limply to reveal his own graffiti. At first glance, it appeared to be a side-profile of his own image, but if one looked closer, you could see the coat and purple eye mist were darker, the horn longer and sharper as it darkened to black before seeping to a blood red, and the black mane flowed on a non-existent breeze. 'My Crystal Slaves' was written in black demonic letters across the bottom of the navy crystal-like design of the background.

A teenage filly strutted down the trash filled street. She was gorgeous in nearly every sense of the word. A plush, pale blue coat, with glossy jet-black hair that trailed to her hooves, and large, sparkling pink eyes. Her lacy black dress was barely long enough to cover her cutie mark. She caught the eyes of every colt she passed, whether it be from her appearance or her melodious singing.

"So I got some mischief

in my blood.

Can you blame me?

I never got real love!"

She cut away from the street, escaping the eyes of the colts, and meeting up with her purple-maned friend.

A colt with a buttery-colored coat poked his head out from an attic window. His vest was a dark burgundy color. He smiled mischievously, dark brown eyes glowing as he shook his shaggy red mane from his eyes. A dark yellow lightning-like streak ran across his hair.

"They fear my callousness,"

He climbed from the window,

"say I'm a low-life hood.

I feel so useless."

and rolled across and then off of the roof.

"Misunderstood!" he shouted upon landing on four hooves on the cobblestone streets before taking off at a gallop, running into the silver colt.

The two fillies sauntered down the street, laughing to themselves before continuing their part of the song.

"One thing's as certain

as summer fades to fall:

That we're the baddest

of them all!

"Welcome to our wicked world!"

The colts joined in, meeting up with the fillies in front of a chain-link fence.

"Wicked world!"

The combined force of kicks from the three horned ponies and a swift buck from the one Earth busted a section of the fence to smithereens. Pieces of metal flew in all directions, startling the ponies trying to wash their clothes.

"We're rotten to the core!

Rotten to the core!"

The teens sprinted around, raising havoc, laughing all the while.

"Rotten to the core,

who could ever ask for more?"

They kicked over tubs of water and dumped soap on ponies' heads.

"Ain't nothing like the kids next

like the kids next door!"

The sliver colt kicked over a basket of laundry, sending the moderately clean clothes flying into the mud.

"We're rotten to the core!"

Rotten to the...

Rotten to the core!"

They each grasped a stick between their teeth, hitting pipes as they ran through a tunnel.

"Call me a schemer,

or a freak,"

The purple-headed filly sang out as they entered a market place, the four separating momentarily. She turned her head around to the belt around her waist, grabbing one of the spray cans from it's holder. She sprayed a giant 'N' with the deep purple color over a curtain before quickly putting away the can.

"How could you say that?

I'm just unique!"

She pushed the curtain open to reveal a pony attempting to sneak a few rotted apples from a crate. She flared her wings, rearing up with a terrifying whinny. The pony shrieked, sprinting away. The filly laughed, taking a few apples before heading to look for her friends.

"So I'm a traitor?

Ain't got your back?"

The silver colt slunk up to two ponies trying to have tea. He grinned at them, lifting the pot in an offer to pour them some.

"We're not friends?

What's up with that?"

He laughed as he jumped over the table, shoving the pot into a pocket inside his jacket. The ponies leaped from the table, chasing the younger colt. They gave up, however, once he'd shimmied up a drain pipe and began running over rooftops.

The blue filly trotted into a rundown shack that served as a second-hoof clothing store.

"So, I'm a misfit.

So, I'm a flirt."

She flashed a shy, flirty smile at the colt stocking shelves as she leaned on the counter. She watched him gulp and squirm under her gaze. She walked up to him, pretending to browse while she not-so-subtly let her hoof brush against his. She then briskly turned and walked past him out the door, letting her long black tail run underneath his chin. Once outside, she pocketed the jewelry she'd slipped from the counter and the flowery top she'd lifted from the rack while she'd had the poor sap distracted.

"I broke your heart?

And made ya hurt?"

"The past is past;

forgive forget!"

The yellow colt dashed around a large warehouse, a basket of stolen food hanging from his neck as he ran from the angry stall owner. He laughed, kicking over crates and boxes to slow the stallion down. He leaped atop a table, running across it before soaring onto a passing hay cart. He kicked some straw into the shopkeeper's face as he rode away, enjoying some stale bread.

"Truth is:

Ya ain't seen nothin' yet!"

The teens once again met up, laughing as they galloped down the street, singing together.

"One thing's as certain

as summer fades to fall:

That we're the baddest

of them all!

"Welcome to our wicked world!

Wicked World!"

They each skidded to a stop in a dark alleyway. Loud music blared from a beat-up boombox. Teens swarmed, dancing to the beat. The newcomers joined in, finishing up their song as they danced.

"We're rotten to the core!

Rotten to the core!

Rotten to the core,

who could ever ask for more!?

"Ain't nothing like the kids next

like the kids next door!

We're rotten to the core!

Rotten to the...

Rotten to the core!"

With that, the music ended. The purple haired teen flapped her massive wings, letting them hold her aloft as let out a wicked cackle. The ponies below her cheered as she lighted down next to her friends on a raised concrete platform. Every pony burst into laughter as the dark filly lifted a hoof to reveal a dirty lollipop she'd snatched from a now terrified filly who'd wandered to close to the teens' hangout. Soon enough, laughter turned shrieks as the teen populace ran for cover. The filly turned around, eyes landing on the three Pegasi who'd sneaked up behind her and her friends.

The three winged ponies each wore matching attire of black and purple full body suits. The two stallions were dark grey with cobalt manes, while the mare was of a slightly lighter color scheme. They each wore dark purple goggles with gold-tinted lenses. The black filly smirked at the sight.

"Hello, Mother." she sneered, addressing the black Alicorn towering over the Pegasi. The mare looked exactly like the filly, except for the star-filled indigo smoke that served as her mane and the silver-painted cardboard armor she wore.

"Stealing candy, Nyx?" the mare questioned, her dragon-like eyes blazing. "I thought better of you."

The teen removed the sucker from her mouth, passing it to the older mare. "It was from a filly." she said hopefully. Her face fell as her mother let the candy fall to the ground, crushing it under her hoof.

"How many times must I tell you that it's the deeds that separate the mere bullies from the truly evil? At your age, I'd killed a born Alicorn!" the mare lectured. She then sighed, wings drooping in defeat. "I just want you to learn what's truly important: How to be like me."

The filly sighed. "I know. And I will. Just kinda hard, with petty theft being literately the worst crime you can pull here." this statement earned a sneer from the mare.

"Which reminds me, I've come bearing news. You four have been chosen to go to a new school. In Equestria."

The silver and yellow colts turned to flee while blue filly dropped her equine disguise in order to use her insect-like wings to buzz away. They were quickly restrained by the Pegasi who they just noticed had wandered behind them. Nyx raised a hoof to her friends, signaling them to stop.

"No, there is absolutely no way I am going to some boarding school with a bunch of over dressed snobs!"

The Changling filly sighed dreamily, suddenly thinking of Equestria's close-knit communities. "Or all the delicious love!" she cooed, earning a glare from the black filly.

"Hey, now, I don't do uniforms." the silver colt snapped.

The buttery yellow colt shivered, thinking of his mother's stories of the bat-like demon creatures she and her minion's had turned into. "Uh, I-I heard ab-b-bout, uh, b-ba-ts in Eque-esst-ria..." trying, and failing, to subtly voice his fear.

The mare rolled her eyes at the complaints. "Enough of that. Come, we've much to discuss." With that, she signaled the group to follow her as she navigated the crowded streets of the Isle of the Forgotten.

Author's Note:

So, I noticed a lot of similarities between Descendants and My Little Pony, and decided that it would be my next parody. My normal updating schedule applies to this. If you want more insight as to what the teens look like, just check out this video I posted on my channel after the movie premiered.