• Published 18th Aug 2015
  • 1,354 Views, 19 Comments

Shudderbones: The Necromancer of Flame Geyser Swamp - SkelePone



Tales tell of a haunted mansion deep in the troves of the Flame Geyser Swamp. Of a dark monster, a nightmarish stallion, who revives the dead to be his slaves.

  • ...
9
 19
 1,354

Epilogue: The End?

SIX MONTHS LATER

The crowd cheered as the levitating Bones Manor touched down at the edge of Ponyville, on the dusty dirt road headed towards Sweet Apple Acres. Shudderbones, Twilight, Rarity, and other unicorns fell to their haunches, panting in exhaustion. The move had taken hours.

Shudderbones felt a familiar pair of hooves slip over his eyes. A mare cooed in a thick country accent.

"Guess who, lover-boy?"
Shudderbones grinned, playing along.

"Ummm... Granny Smith?"
"Nope!"
"Apple Bloom?"
"Nope!"
"Drat. Thought I had that one. Is this Numbskull?"
"Skeletons don' even have a coat of hair, Shudders. And they can't talk."
"Too shay... Could this be the most beautiful mare that I've ever seen?"

"That was corny, but still cute." Applejack said, revealing herself to him. He chuckled as she gave him a peck on the cheek and admired the Manor in it's new location. Ghosts and skeletons mucked about, getting re-situated and back in order. They watched as other ponies from the town went inside, to an open house and a potluck.

Numbskull approached them, creaking.

She gave a clatter.
"Granny and Big Mac are here? Excellent!"
Together, the two went to meet her sibling and grandmother.

After hugs and congrats from the both of them on the new house, Granny tottered off while Big Mac gave him a noogie.

"Geroffofme!"
"Nnnope!"

"So when are you two whippersnappers gettin' married?" Granny Smith shouted, "I want my Celestia-forsaken great-grandfoals!"

Applejack and Shudderbones looked at each other, reddening.

"We've..."
"...thought of it..."
"...but I dunno..."
"...seems too soon." Shudderbones finished. Applejack nodded in agreement.

Granny nodded in understanding, then beckoned for Big MacIntosh to help her up the porch and into Bones Manor. Shudderbones and Applejack looked at each other once more. Maybe next month, Shudderbones thought. Together, tails curled around each other's, they trotted up the porch and inside.

They had more adventures to come.

Author's Note:

Thank you all for your support and favorites, I've worked almost nonstop on this story, and I hope you all liked it. Proofreading will still be in progress.


Shudderbones will return in a sequel.

Comments ( 1 )

I like this story, but if I'm being honest, I'd have written it differently. On the plus side, its helped inspire me and who knows, maybe someday I'll write my own necromancer story.

Login or register to comment