• Published 13th Aug 2015
  • 576 Views, 11 Comments

Celestia's Clandestine - Ashtree and Tealove



Tealove never would have imagined her life twisting from her little Tea Room in Ponyville to the Forbidden Seas,gun chases through Manehatten and the HQ of Equestria's Rebel Society, all while trying to fulfill her destiny as Celestia's Covert Agent.

  • ...
2
 11
 576

Betrayal

Glowing, whipping Tealove's mane and tail furiously from side to side. Energy, electric, magic flowing, flooding, coursing through through her veins like ice cold fire that burned and shook her to the bone. Sickening sweet, glorious misery. Tealove was flying, floating just above the alley's stone floor, surrounded by a ball of swirling magic, healing hurt, stabbing pain, tears flew from her eyes that now had glowing irises, shining a blinding blue through the dark early hours in Las Pegasus. It was almost as if she was on the verge of transforming, being recreated, but the one thing that was dying to change Tealove was stuck just behind her skull. But even without that one prick spilling from her, Tealove was still gushing an aura that blinded her attacker, Thunderclap, and her captured friend, Bon-Bon. (I would have mentioned Big Mac, but he was too busy bleeding out on the floor to realize what was happening. Plus I think he'd fainted.)

"PUT HER DOWN!!" Tealove's voice shook through the alley, but even that didn't wipe the smirk off Thunderclap's face.

"Oh, please, dear mare," he sneered, "Two can play at this game."

The stallion threw Bon-Bon to the side and when she collided with the brick wall, iron bands of magic flew out and stopped the mare from struggling. Then Thunderclap roared. His wings flew out, electricity crackled to the tips of his feathers, his eyes glowed white, he was lifted off the ground into a blinding aura of his own, then Thunderclap was level with Tealove, cackling madly as his opponent's heart went racing, but this time it was from rage.

"Let's see just how well Celestia trained you with THIS!!"

Thunderclap's sphere of magic violently shook, rippled, then a giant rush of crackling black light shot out, straight into Tealove's aura. She felt the rattle of his magic fly through her, cutting into her very soul, but she wasn't giving up that easily. Tealove reared on her hind legs, screamed, then her chest flew open, a flood of green gushed towards Thunderclap, emptying out her heart, but at the same time, the stallion shot out another burst of light. The two powers collided, creating a gray splash, Tealove was fighting hers closer to Thunderclap, forcing out every particle of magic she could, but his darkness was drawing closer, surging through Tealove's body as it did, shaking her very bones.

She couldn't hold it.

She had to. Tears streamed from her eyes, pain surged though her soul, the dark was coming closer, and then-

"AHAHAHAHAH!" Thunderclap roared as Tealove crashed to the ground, "Idiot mare! Did you really think-!"

A sharp jet of green stabbed straight through Thunderclap's magic, striking him in the chest and sending him to the ground.

Tealove was on her hooves, cut and bleeding, but still surging with power. Her insides were screaming, but all she managed to do was whisper, "I do think so."

Thunderclap gasped for air, but quickly rose again to his hooves, "Oh please, magic can be used my anypony. Come, show me what else you can fail at!!"

The stallion summoned his gun, tossing one just like it towards Tealove. She caught it as if she was a unicorn, levitating at her side.

"On your mark, get set-"

KA-CRACK.

"TEALOVE!" Bon-Bon shrieked. The mare had been shot, bullet in the head, but her body was was still streaming with magic, the light spiraling around her limbs, and almost instantly, the bullet hole in her forehead closed, totally healed.

Thunderclap was glued to the spot, but only for a moment, then her roared, rose to his hind legs and charged.

"TEALOVE, MOVE!!!"

Gunshots exploded through the air. Tealove was running, aiming clumsily at Thunderclap who was shooting with perfect direction. Tealove swerved around the alley, crashing into walls, trampling trash cans. Her mind ached. She could barely sense the trigger as she ran. Her magic was growing weary.

KA-BLAM.

CRACK.

Tealove dove behind a trash can. Her mind was blank. Adrenaline was the only thing spurring her on, along with the cracks of magic still rattling though her body. Sweat, grime and blood. Heart striking in her chest. Head a throbbing drum.

PING.

A bullet bounced off the wall Tealove was pressed against. Her mind gripped her gun, she took the chance and quickly peeked around the trash can, then she willed the trigger and a series of cracking bullets flew across the alley. She flung herself back into hiding, peeked over the top, shot three bullets, pressed closer to the freezing metal. Then silence. He wasn't shooting back. (He must be waiting.)

Tealove peeked back out the side, gun at the ready, then-

KA-PINK.

She pulled back just in time to feel her cheek burning. The bullet had grazed her face. She was now bleeding under her eyes. Tealove was done with thinking.

The mare charged from her hiding place.

"Finally found the courage to stop your whimpering in the corner?" Thunderclap laughed, then he shot and Tealove came tumbling to the floor. Her front leg stung, throbbed, bled, it was pain beyond tears. But she didn't fire back.

"No," Thunderclap began a stampede at Tealove who had made it to Bon-Bon was then bucking madly at the iron bindings, "NO!"

"Tealove!" Bon-Bon cried as her friend shoved her behind a trash can, but Tealove wasn't risking Bon-Bon's life anymore.

"Think mares can't do anything in this world?" Tealove shouted as Thunderclap drew nearer, and even though he shot, the bullets simply bounced off the air surrounding his victim, "Think we're useless?!!"

Thunderclap skid to a stop. He'd run out of bullets. Tealove was rising into the air again, eyes shining a blinding white. Her gun fell to the floor, splashed into a puddle, her breath was heavy, savage, an aura of white wisp green acted as her protecting from all of Thunderclap's desperate spells.

"Well," Tealove roared, "at least we're not MURDERERS!!!"

The aura spun into a stream, flooded itself onto Thunderclap, the stallion cried out, the light shot through the alley so forcefully that even Bon-Bon fell. Then in a blink of an eye, the morning was dark.

Thunderclap was sprawled on the floor, wings tattered and bent in odd directions, his weapon had shattered, then four shaking hooves landed on the stone ground and Tealove collapsed.

"Tealove!" Bon-Bon rushed to her side, "Oh my-please tell me you're okay."

Tealove's mind was a blank slate. It was as if she'd been struck dumb. Her closed eyes twitched. Every muscle shook, veins popped, pain and agony. But victory.

Tealove rose to her hooves and painfully opened her eyes. The world was slightly blurry, but she knew who was squeezing her into teary hug.

The mare stared at Thunderclap's motionless body. She trotted to his side. He was still breathing. She could have killed him. She could have, but she didn't. She wasn't a murderer. Instead, Tealove dragged the stallion into the pitch black stone chamber, closed the door and let it morph back into a wall. Then she turned to where Big Mac was bleeding, breathing, but unconscious.

"We..have to get out of here," she panted, but Bon-Bon was slower to get down to business (well, that's new).

"Wait-Tealove-you...you unlocked your magic," she stared, "How did you do that? Without training? And that..."

But Tealove was too busy trying to find a way to carry Big Mac to listen. Her knees buckled under his weight, but she forced the strength from her.

"Here," Bon-Bon quickly came to her assistance, "Let me.." then she simply levitated the stallion with her pink glow.

"Thank...s..," Tealove was suddenly feeling faint. The world was growing distant, her blurred vision was becoming tunneled. Then Bon-Bon's voice became muffled and Tealove crashed to the ground, barely able to breath.

*******************************************

"Oh, Go-go, you flatter me!" Queen Chrysalis forced a laugh, "I always knew you'd be a great Equestrian Queen, but with me as your right hoof mare? Oh, I'm speechless!"

In the crude dining room of the Changling palace, Chrysalis sat at the small, round and hole covered table across from a mare of her size and build only totally covered in a sweeping white hooded cloak.

"Don't get too excited, dear," the mare returned in a drawling, fake sickly sweet voice, "We still have a long way's to go."

"Oh, please," Queen Chrysalis waved away her guest's words, "Equestria is just a hop, skip and flutter from where we are now! Soon enough, Ringo."

The mare called Ringo stayed silent, her emotions concealed in the shadows of her hood, then she whispered, "I want her."

"Her? Well, yes, in the end-"

"The other one," Ringo drawled, "Her. Then everything else will quickly fall into place."

"Why not the colt?" Chrysalis suggested, "He'd be much more a secret weapon, don't you think?"

"No," Ringo replied slowly, "The bond of sisterhood is much stronger than any fancy of love. Obviously you wouldn't know."

"Well, excuse me," Chrysalis shot back hotly, "I'm sure you wouldn't know love if it kissed you right on the lips!"

"This is no time to fight, Chrysi," Ringo soothed, "We have work to do...so are the prisoners to your taste?"

The Changling Queen licked at her fangs, "Oh, yes. Very. And I look forward to a little something new..and this will be number three, yes? Well, that seals the deal. In just a few days you'll be lucky enough to posses the dominating powers I have. Isn't that exciting?"

"Yes," Ringo throatily laughed, "Exciting indeed."

Tealove knew she needed to get out. To escape from Chrysalis's castle before the two mares found her..wait, Ringo? That was Ringo? Then what were they...(I have to get out...run...)

Tealove groaned. Her whole body ached. Her head especially. It was a struggle just to think, to sort out what had just happened and try to figure out where she was. (Warm..soft...oh. I'm in bed. Again. And of course there's a wet towel soaking my face. Duh.)

Her eyes fluttered open, the world blurry at first, but as she blinked, it returned to focus and soon enough, Tealove was gazing up at a pony she'd never seen before, dazed.

"Whabbu oo?" she blubbered.

"She's awake," the stallion above her reported to which a series of sighs and cries of relief from off to the side sounded.

"Oh, thank Celestia," Tealove faintly heard Bon-Bon say.

"Yep," Big Mac sighed next.

"Should I go tell Sugar Kiss? It's a little early, but she was worried sick last night," Bon-Bon, who suddenly came into view, asked, "We're just so glad you replied to our call, Astra."

"Well, what was I supposed to do?" the stallion who stood near Tealove joked, putting a hoof around a worried Bon-Bon and kissing her cheek, "Just ignore your call and trot off like I didn't just hear about some ponies down the street who were bleeding out in their hotel room?"

Bon-Bon let a small smile spread across her pinking face.

That's when Tealove began to come to her senses a bit more.

"What is...who's that?" she mumbled, struggling to sit up.

"The name's Astra, miss Tealove," the stallion replied, taking a quick bow then propped up Tealove's pillows so she could lean back, "At your service, m'lady!"

(That only confused me even more.)

"Is...Big Mac okay?"

"Yep."

Then Big Mac himself came trotting over, his shoulder heavily wrapped in bandages, but other than that, he looked almost perfect.

"Are you okay?" he quietly asked, ducking his head so his eyes were level with Tealove's.

She nodded, biting on the bed sheets, but Big Mac didn't seem to believe it and rubbed his head briefly against Tealove's bandaged arm. Her heart suddenly and most unusually swelled.

“I’ll go get Sugar Kiss,” Bon-Bon whispered then pulled away from Astra and galloped out the door.

“Well, I do believe it’s been another hour,” the white stallion announced, “Time for another dose!”

(Ugh, really? Medicine?) But instead of a gross grape liquid, Astra produced form under the bandanna around his neck a small plastic wrapped yellow and blue swirled cube.

"It's Sun Ambrosia," Astra explained as he unwrapped the mystery medicine, "Made from the crisp morning sun, the glimmering moonlight and spring clouds. It's what helps heal Children of the Sky."

The stallion shook his short mane, which was a mix of the sparkling colors orange, pink, purple and dark blue (that reminded me of Princess's hair only sun set style and without the flowyness), then fixed Tealove with a sky blue stare.

"Is it really-?"

"Just eat it," he said when Tealove tried to stall, "I promise it will help, and you'll thank me later, m'lady."

Tealove took the cube. It reminded her of corn bread that had been left to soak in a pool of honey. It was a little sticky, squishy and bread like and Tealove had to force herself to take a bite because at the sight of food, she'd for some reason started feeling sick.

(Sweet Celestia, that Sun Ambrosia is better than any cake or pastry I've ever made!)

Not only did the Ambrosia taste like the wet silence of night, the warm mornings of summer and the first rain of spring that melted on your tongue (I figured that cotton candy-like part was the clouds), it also sent shivers of renewed energy into Tealove's body and left her feeling refreshed and relaxed (not too mention hungry for more).

"Better miss?" Astra grinned at Tealove's reaction.

She sunk back blissfully into the pillows, "Better."

"Tealove!!" Sugar Kiss suddenly burst into the room, Bon-Bon close behind her.

She ran to Tealove's bedside looking wold and restless, her green mane back in a frizzy bun, glasses falling down her muzzle.

"Oh, bloody hay, bloody hay. Are you okay? You scared me to death! Oh, the bloody stallion who did this to you-I'll slit his thoat!"

Tealove weakly laughed, "I'm fine! Just..confused."

"You should be," Big Mac muttered.

"Using so much magic all at once drained you energy," Astra explained, "I would advise at least another three hours of rest off your hooves. By then, the Sun Ambrosia will have renewed most of your strength, but you'll be weak for quite a while. Since it was your first time unlocking your powers, your mind was overworked and was pretty blown."

"Especially since you haven't had any training," Bon-Bon added.

Tealove shifted uneasily, wanting the spotlight to be taken off of her, but also glancing towards Sugar Kiss "Um...should we be..talking about this?"

"Oh, right!" the British mare laughed, "I forgot you didn't know. I'm part of the Clandestine too, so no worries."

"Oh," Tealove was stunned at first, but then she sighed with relief, taking the hock warmer Sugar Kiss wore as proof of her words "Oh... good."

Then she gazed at her bedside table scattered with various items such as Sun Ambrosia plastic wraps, Tealove's communication pearl that had been disguised as earrings the night before, her blue dress that was now tattered and torn and a scroll-sealed with the Clandestine emblem.

"What's that?" she asked, nodding toward the roll of parchment.

"Oh," Astra's eyes instantly glowed, making the scroll float to his side, "I almost forgot. It's a letter form Celestia, replying to the one Bon-Bon sent after she'd called for me." (Uh..those glowing eyes aren't creepy at all.)

"We wanted to read it to you," Bon-Bon said, "because...most of it is for you."

(The Princess wants to talk to me? Again? Thought she'd be sick of me by now.)

Astra cleared his throat dramatically then began reading aloud the letter,

"My dear Sweetie Drops,

When Astra comes to you, be sure that each of you have a dose of Sun Ambrosia. I wish more than anything that I could be there

to help, but I believe you can trust Astra with Maximus and Sweet Pea's health.

The answers to your question-you ask why Sweet Pea has been seeing things. I believe that when she first come in contact with

Maximus, the magic within her was finally triggered and she began to unleash her birth powers. It seems that hers is centered in

the mind. This is one of the most powerful and dangerous gifts, so my words to Sweet Pea are this: though your mind has taken

you places you wouldn't dare imagine, it will only grow more and more intense. You must control it. You have power over

yourself and you must not allow yourself to be imprisoned in these visions.

I am recovering quickly, yes, but you mustn't worry over me. Take care of and center yourselves on what is most important.

I have faith in you, all of you, and you have done what not any other threesome could have done. Sweetie Drops, live in the

present and focus on now. Maximus, the is a time and place for everything, and my Sweet Pea, you are stronger than you think.

Don't underestimate yourself, but remember what your limits are.

I know you will succeed. Keep the faith and I readily await your return.

Your Princess,

~Celestia"

The scroll made a snapping noise as it flew up to reroll itself. Astra set it back on the table and blinked until his eyes returned to normal.

"So I should be trying to stop myself from seeing things?" Tealove quietly asked.

"I know this isn't my business," Sugar Kiss cut in, "but I know a few ponies with powerful minds such as yours. I think what the Princess is trying to say is to not get sucked into them. Don't dwell on what you see-it might not always be true-and make sure you don't get stuck in them."

"Stuck in them?" Bon-Bon echoed.

"Yes," Sugar Kiss confirmed, "I had a friend like you, Tealove..I mean..Sweet Pea. She had visions, but couldn't control herself and it became so often that one day, she was sucked into one, transported somewhere else, and never seen again."

(Oh, great job on comforting me, guys!)

"Don't worry, miss Sweet," Astra tried to sooth her, "The Princess said that you're stronger than you think-surely strong enough to control your own mind."

Tealove's stomach was still churning though, clenched with nerves.

"We won't let that happen," Big Mac firmly stated, giving Tealove a determined look, "We'll make sure."

Tealove gave him a small, but grateful smile, "Thanks everypony."

For the next three hours (unfortunately) Astra stayed to make sure Tealove was kept in bed and had hourly doses of Sun Ambrosia. The others chatted, mostly with Sugar Kiss about their mission and why they'd come to Las Pegasus (it was such a relief to know Sugar Kiss was a Clandestine member-that made talking with her a lot easier and more relaxing). Though Tealove sometimes joined the conversations to correct Bon-Bon on what really happened in the alley with Thunderclap, she found herself struggling with drifting off, not only into sleep, but into a vision.

A dark basement, the caving in ceiling, spider webs, of green goop tangled around corners, skulls and giant insect-like wings, ripped and stuck to the strings like ominous ornaments. The air was wet, thin. Tealove was sure she was underground, the earth beneath was bumpy and glossed over, sending shivers crawling down her spine. She was nearing a corner, a sharp crackling was echoing in the chamber past the turn. Tealove's heart tapped rapidly in her ears, behind her skull, causing her vision to throb and then-

"Oh!" Bon-Bon suddenly exclaimed and burst into laughter, "I-ha! I've always wondered why that was how we activated our communication pearls!"

Sugar Kiss giggled wildly and Astra grinned, "Yes, but points to Discord for actually getting Miss Celestia on a date."

Tealove groggily nodded as if she'd been part of the conversation, but then the voices around her grew muffled and she was swung through space and time back into the chilling, dark cavern.

Tealove took a sharp breath in at the sudden change of scenery then realized she had returned to the bend in the corridor. (Well, thank Celestia I'm not claustrophobic because otherwise this whole thing would be quite suffocating!) Tealove, thankful to know that she wasn't actually exploring through an unknown cave that looked like it have her death sealed on it, curiously turned the corner. The hallway opened into a small chamber about ten stallion wide then Tealove froze.

This new room was fizzing with light, crackling with emerald green lightning that somehow flowed form the earth ceiling, spinning around a holey pedestal where a golden and ruby ring floated amidst the electricity. Tealove stared, mesmerized by the process, ignoring and pushing back the voices she knew was coming from the hotel room, the jerking behind her skull that dared her to return to the present, but for once, Tealove wanted to stay put.

The blood red gem glimmered in the flickering light, the ring ever so slowly spinning as it sapped up the energy created by the electric green shock that ran up the ring and was absorbed by the jewel. Tealove wanted to touch it, to share the power even though her brain was logically explaining all the reasons not to (it'll shock you to death, hay bag, so back off! You're not even really here, so you can't touch it even if you wanted to. Hey, no touchy the things that aren't yours, remember what you daycare teacher said? Keep your hooves, horns and wings to yourself....then again, imagine how it would feel. If a ring can handle all that power, of course you can. So go ahead, I'm sure it's fine! Completely safe! What did that daycare mare know anyway?)

(Yah, I guess the devil on my shoulder is just so much more fun to listen to than the angel. Oh well.)

Right as Tealove was about to enter the spinning circle of lightning though, a voice echoed through the cave. One coming from a corridor opposite to the one Tealove had trotted through. The mare froze until the roar faded away, then she was sure everything was fine and resumed to draw nearer to the ruby ring, crackling, reflecting in Tealove's eyes, causing her very soul to crave it power and-

"Idiots!" the same voice rumbled through the cave. This time, Tealove instantly recognized it-Chrysalis.

"Oh, please, that excuse is older than Celestia herself!" the shriek shook the wall, striking Tealove's heart with the fear of dying under a collapsed dirt pile (just remember you're actually safe in bed..in bed, guarded by Big Mac and Astra and-I'm gonna die!!)

Tealove cowered on the ground, the wet earth pressed hard against her face, the screams and quaking surrounding her like a fist, clenching and twisting at her heart, but then the noise slowed to a stop. Tealove didn't even have the time to get up before Queen Chrysalis stormed into the room, snarling with rage and breathing as if she'd just galloped across all of Equestria. The Changling Queen paced for a moment ,but seemed to calm down at the sight of the ruby ring floating above the pedestal.

When the mare didn't explode into rage, Tealove thought it finally safe to rise to her hooves and began brushing herself off when Queen Chrysalis froze. Tealove shook her coat free from mud then froze too (if I'm not really here, than why can I feel...?)

Tealove didn't dare move too quickly, but slowly turned her head to look for the reason why Chrysalis had froze, but nopony else was in the room. (Perhaps something about the ring?) Then the mares' eyes locked. Tealove went stiff. Queen Chrysalis stared for what felt like an eternity of questions, impulses to run and the dreaded thoughts of what might happen if Tealove was actually in that cavern...

Slowly, a wicked, smug, evil grin spread across the Queen's face. A laugh floated out from her throat, then she took a step back, gave Tealove one last glance, and left the room. Tealove stood glued to the spot. (Did she see me? Or is she just one of those derpy ponies who stare off into space and smile?) She was ready to return home now-anywhere but within a thousand miles of Queen Chrysalis would be perfect, and thankfully-

"Miss Tealove! There's a letter for you! Again."

Tealove was quickly wrenched from the caverns and was relieved to find herself warm under her covers.

"Huh?" she asked as she struggled to focus herself on the present.

"A letter for you," Astra repeated, eyes glowing, a scroll levitated above his head, "And it's time for some more Ambrosia. Hope you don't mind, m'lady, but we fed you some Ambrosia while you slept, and since it's now the third hour, hopefully you'll be good to get back on your hooves."

Tealove decided not to imagine her pony friends stuffing Sun Ambrosia down her throat while she drooled away on her pillows and took the scroll curiously, seeing that its ribbon wasn't sealed with the Clandestine symbol and wondering who it could be from.

Once the parchment unraveled, Tealove instantly knew who had written it simply by glancing at the hoofman ship. Though she'd seen those scrawled words for only one night, Tealove recognized them as Flare's.

"Dear Tealove," it read,

"I'm sorry. For everything. I hope you can forgive me and not happen to 'forget' your promise to write back. I still can't believe what a

night we had though! Did you reach your hotel safely? Sorry if your mare friend is still mad at you-I take full blame. Are you going to be

coming to the next dinner gala? And when is your vacation in Las Pegasus over? Because before you go, I at least have to see you in pony

one last time. Open any time soon?

I can't wait to see your shining eyes again.

~Flare".

Tealove found her heart skipping beats. (How did he-? Oh, whatever, as long as he wrote!)

"Where'd you find this?" Tealove asked Astra once she calmed herself down and revealed her still slightly pink face from behind the parchment.

"We actually didn't find the letter," Sugar Kiss butted in, "The bell hopper stopped by to deliver it."

(Oh yah. I did mention I was staying in the Suites...well, that's better than Flare being a creepy stalker and somehow knowing where I sleep.)

"What is it?" Astra was the first to ask but was then head butted in the chest by Bon-Bon who hissed,

"Addie, don't be snoopy."

Astra innocently grinned and hurried to preform an extravagant bow that brought his muzzle to sweep the carpet in front Bon-Bon's hooves, "My apologies, your Grace. I shall try to contain myself!"

"Oh, get up," Bon-Bon giggled, tugging at Astra's bandanna to bring him back to his hooves.

"Um," Tealove's next question was directed towards Big Mac, though the whole room was listening, "What's with..them?"

The red stallion smirked, "Oh, they're just-"

"So how about that next dose of Sun Ambrosia?" Bon-Bon suddenly but casually interrupted, "Better give her some so we can get this day started!"

"Stop trying to change the subject, Bon-Bon," Tealove pretended to be annoyed, "Big Mac was just about to say-"

"You know, if the Ambrosia isn't taken with in fifteen minutes of the hour, we have to start over with another three," Astra suddenly pointed out, "So let's get the medicine and-"

"They've been goin' out for a year now," Big Mac blurted as Astra hoofed Tealove a cube of Ambrosia, then both Bon-Bon and Astra stopped in mid motion.

"We have not..," Bon-Bon defended, but her voice trailed off and lost its usual force.

"I'd advise you eat that now," Astra quickly filled the silence filled with stifled giggles, so Tealove took her last (unbelievably amazingly delicious) cube of Ambrosia, and within, minutes, she was up and about, trotting with almost full strength and writing Flare back as Astra and Sugar Kiss prepared to leave.

Tealove wrote clumsily (I'm more meant to mix and measure, not write) with Sugar Kiss's stylish pen (from the stationary set she bought me on our day at the mall that was Las Pegasus themed),

"My dear Flare,

Bon-Bon has gotten over herself, don't worry, and don't be sorry! That was practically the best night of my life! I'd love to get together-how about we go out for lunch? I have loads to tell you. Meet me in front of the Las Pegasus Suites at twelve. Can't wait to see you too!" then, in her best curly hoofman ship, Tealove signed her name, scribbling the 'o' into a small heart (oh, aren't I creative?).

"So..how am I supposed to send this off without a return address?" Tealove asked the others as she tied the scroll in a dainty bow, "Or a dragon?"

"I can take it to the bell hopper if you like," Sugar Kiss volunteered as she slipped on her hock warmers she'd stripped off earlier, making sure to fully cover her Clandestine branding.

"Hopefully he knows what to do with it," Tealove mumbled as she hoofed over the scroll.

"See you soon," Astra whispered, pecking Bon-Bon on the cheek, then her turned to the others, "Been a pleasure, m'ladies! And Big Mac," and after one last round of good byes, the ponies parted. Then the three were alone for the first time in what felt like forever. Tealove realized a bit, now free to itch her bandaged leg since Astra was gone.

"Okay," Bon-Bon quickly got down to business, trotting across the room towards her bed, "time to fill you in on everything you missed out on from sleeping.

The mare fished around under her pillow then took out a roll of parchment sealed with the Clandestine emblem, "This is from our Covert Agent under cover in the Broke headquarters. Tonight, she's requested that we come for an information exchange, the details we need to know in order to rescue Princess Luna."

"We can't go back!" Tealove cried, "What about Thunderclap? He almost killed us last time!"

"Oh, stop screaming," Bon-Bon irritably waved Tealove away, "We're some of Celestia's top Covert Agents! Sneaking past mass murderers is what we live to do."

Tealove didn't find that reassuring though and just the thought of Thunderclap sent chills and pricks of nausea through the mare's body, leaving her with the sick surprise of how exactly they were going to get past him

****************************************************************************************************************

"You're not serious?!" Tealove couldn't manage to hold back a shriek of laughter, "That thing was-how could you?!"

Flare was gasping for air as he laughed, trying to calm himself down enough to speak, ""I know,..but I..stop laughing or..I can't stop!!"

Then the two burst into a fresh fit of laughter, shaking and tearing up over the foot long sandwich they'd been sharing and wolfing down until Flare began telling the most embarrassing memory from his colthood (which included a half decapitated turkey that had come to his class as a guest speaker, three cherry-grape juice boxes and a massive flood of frosted animal crackers).

Following that eventful lunch, Tealove and Flare took a stroll through the nearby park where they fed ducks, tried to make sense of cloud shapes, got chased by hungry ducks, raced down the hills, got plummeted with evil ducks, hid in a cherry tree for half an hour, sat on a bench for a while to chat only to be chased out of the park by an angry mob of ducks. Then the two agreed that it seemed like a good time to go back into town for an ice cream stop where they each ordered a three scoop cone that they licked while coming in just in time to see a showing of Henny in the Hill (the best traveling musical through Equestria!).

"Wasn't that amazing?" Tealove blissfully sighed as she and Fare exited the theater, "The costumes were gorgeous, so vibrant, expressive! Ah, I wish I were an actress!"

Flare threw away the tub of popcorn he'd brought for the show, "Um, I guess it was good."

"You guess?!" Tealove shrieked, "Henny of the Hills is the best ever production in the history of ever! And..you know, I think you're the only pony in Equestria who brings popcorn to a musical."

"Hey, I was sitting there for more than an hour," Flare explained matter-of-factly, "therefore I need an x-large tub of bacon and buttered popcorn."

"Ew!" Tealove gave the stallion a shove then laughed as the two trotted down the street. Then, over the crowd of skyscrapers and lights along the horizon, she spotted a clock tower.

"Sweet Celestia!" Tealove gasped, "It's already eight thirty!! Oh my gosh-I need to go!"

"Wait!" Flare's call brought Tealove back into reality and she skid to a stop.

"Sorry!" she quickly trotted back, "I need to stop running off like this."

Flare grinned, "Yah, cause soon you'll be loosing shes and then I'll have to hunt down every mare in Las Pegasus jut to say bye."

"Oh, poor you."

Flare wrapped his hoof around Tealove, ticking a strand of hair behind her ear (cause, you know, that's what they do), gazing into her bright eyes, but at the last second, he seemed to remember something and quickly turned his attention towards the bustling street traffic. Tealove inwardly sighed. She glanced up at Flare's sleek face then gathered enough courage to kiss him lightly on the cheek.

"See you soon," she whispered, grinning on the inside because Flare was the one who didn't know just how soon they'd be seeing each other.

"Bye..oh!" the stallion suddenly brightened, "I forgot! I've got something for you..."

Flare dug into his jacket pockets for a moment then held out a small, velvet box tied with a white sloppy bow (yah, stallions really aren't meant to tie bows).

Tealove held back the urge to giggle and blushed instead, "Ah, thanks, Flare."

"You can't say that til you open it!" he exclaimed as Tealove began unknotting his bow, "What if it's horrible and you hate it and-"

"Oh, Flare!"

In the little box was a pearl necklace, shiny enough for Tealove to look at her reflection.

"Oh, it's wonderful!" she gushed, instantly putting it on, "Thank you!"

"Anything," Flare softly replied, looking a little sheepish, "Glad you like it."

"I love it!" Tealove puffed out her chest to show off the beautiful string of beads, "Ho did yo know pearls are my favorite?"

Flare smiled and shrugged, "Just looked for something that glowed as much as you," and as Tealove's taxi sped back towards her hotel amidst the rush hour traffic (more like the twenty four seven traffic, but sure), she did feel like she glowed.

"I'm back!" Tealove burst into the suites, "Sorry I'm late! I just lost track of time and-"

"Forget it," Bin-Bon head butted Tealove's excuses out the door that she quickly slammed shut, "We've got to get going so hop on that stool and stay put."

But before Tealove could even take a step deeper into the room, Bon-Bon shoved her to the center, placing her on the 'stool' (which was more like a round, futuristic table with streams of neon blue wires that sent blue cracks of electricity through the table).

"Okay," Bon-Bon stood back as if to admire her work then nodded to a nearby Big Mac who was levitating a panel of buttons, levers and dials at his side. (Whoa. Those glowing green eyes though.)

"Guys," Tealove nervously shifted as she soaked in the probable events of the scene (like being shocked to death by this electric table), "Why are the windows bolted sh-?"

"Go!" and on Bon-Bon's cue, the table wires fizzed to life, sending heart beats of lights spinning up the legs, onto the surface where it pooled onto the thin, slightly raised disc Tealove was standing on. Before the mare could even react, the blue electricity was traveling up Tealove's body. She screamed. It was lie being shocked, being shaken so fast you could barely process what was happening, and by then, the abrupt pain was over.

"What was-?"

"I can still tell it's her," Bon-Bon reported to Big Mac who nodded, "Yup," then pressed a glowing button which shot another shock that squeezed at Tealove's veins into her brain.

"AH!" Tealove yelped and was left panting after a horrible three seconds, "What are you-?"

"No," Bon-Bon said after a thoughtful look at Tealove, and before the mare could argue, it happened again.

"Please stop it!!" Tealove cried, just to have it happen again.

"Sto-!" and again, "S-!!" an again, "STOP!", then there was a pause.

"You know," Bon-Bon pointed out, "I think it's pretty good."

"Eyup."

The table lowered itself to the ground and allowed Tealove to stagger off to join her friends (the friends who I also for some reason want to kill right now).

"What were you-?!"

"Just look in the mirror," Bon-Bon waved away her friend's unfinished demand (if you interrupt me one more time..), so Tealove dragged herself to the bathroom and-

"Oh my gosh!!!"

"Eyup," Big Mac peeked in followed by a grinning Bon-Bon who asked, "You like?"

"I..uh..," Tealove burst out laughing. She couldn't believe what she was seeing.

Staring at her from the other side of the mirror was a mar as tall as Princess Luna with a long horn, white coat, silky pink he=air and a cutie mark of three royalty symbols.

"Who in all of Equestria is that?" Tealove laughed and was still surprised when the mare in the mirror did the same.

"A Broke area leader from Canterlot," Bon-Bon explained, "There's a dinner party just for them tonight and we'll all be attending thanks to Beach Mark's disguise machine."

(That's what that was...could've told me so before I started plotting out your murder.)

"So cool," Tealove sighed, messing with her eyes that were now fringed with thick, lush eyelashes, "Who are you guys going as?"

"Big Mac's disguising as your..significant other," Bon-Bon grinned, "and I'll be your close friend from Ponyville, Mayor Mare!"

"Mayor Mare?!" Tealove shrieked,shocked that the leader of her home town would be plotting Celestia's overthrow, "But how could she-?"

"We're running a little short on time," Bon-Bon said (you just..) with a glance at the clock, "come on, Big Mac!"

Then the two trotted from the bathroom leaving Tealove to admire her new looks. (Well, well, I wouldn't mind staying like this for a while.)

Not too much later, two other strangers were looking out through the mirror.

"Who in the hay is this girl dating?" Tealove cracked up when Big Mac entered the bathroom, now a dignified white stallion in a suite, a mustache curling under his muzzle and a monocle settled in front of one eye.

Big Mac slouched, spitting the mustache from his mouth, "Yep."

"Well, I disapprove!" Bon-Bon imitated Mayor Mare's official voice, "All stallions should be well shaven at all times! And my opinion over rules all! You are dismissed!"

Big Mac didn't find it amusing though.
****************************************************************************************************************

Fear clenched at Tealove's nerves as the three ponies carefully trotted down the alley that was now in ruins from their fight with Thunderclap. The mare grimly tugged the hood of her white, shimmering cloak that indicating she was a Broke leader to further cover her face, and even though she knew there was no chance of anypony recognizing her, Tealove was still brewing over possible death scenarios and ways to make a quick escape.

"Welcome, Mademoiselle Fleur,"

Tealove almost screamed when a beaten but slick looking Thunderclap ushered her into the headquarters.

"A pleasure to have you," the black stallion dipped down and kissed her hoof (ew. Get off me before I blast your face again) which sent Tealove's mind racing in circles trying to find something to say back, but thankfully Bon-Bon stepped in.

"Good evening, Thunderclap! Everything in order for the night?"

The stallion smiled kindly at the imposture, "Yes, Miss Mare, no worries about tonight."

Tealove suppressed a shudder.

"Okay, so where's the Covert?" she whispered s the three took their places at the long dinner table seating dozens of ponies all wearing white cloaks, "Because I want to get out of here as quick as possible."

"Oh, hush," 'Mayor Mare' waved Tealove away, "At least we missed the opening ceremony. Now that's the boring part."

(It's still so weird to hear Bon-Bon but see Mayor Mare..even more so to hear Big Mac and see...that guy.)

Tealove slumped in her chair with a scowl and started picking at her perfectly smoothed and shined hoof. (Well, there's not actually anything to pick at since this mare's so perfectly groomed, but...)

"Ahem."

(Maybe I could pick at the ends of her mane instead..)

"Ahem."

(Just kidding, she doesn't have any split ends to pick. Figures.)

"Ahem!"

Tealove finally looked up. It was Mayor Mare (/Bon-Bon).

"What?"

"Remember," she hissed, "be Fleur or you'll give us away!"

(Oh. Right.)

Tealove reluctantly sat up, shook herself into a dainty, dreamy pose, hooves propping up her slender face, eyelashes batting, then she let her thoughts float off. (Oh, aren't I such a mane-flowy pretty princess? Obviously Bon-Bon agrees because she stopped bugging me.)

"A toast!" Bon-Bon declared (gosh, she should be a voice actress) and to Tealove's surprise, the surrounding Broke leaders chimed in, "A toast!"

Tealove scrambled to pick up her cup as the room filled with the tink of glass, but then Big Mac suddenly caught her eye. He gave her a stiff look, jerked his horn toward his drink, then Tealove remembered. She groaned to herself (I'm starting to think Bon-Bon did this to torture me) then, with the grace of a ballerina, swept to Big Mac's shoulder and raised a perfect hoof to help support his glass, then she leaned her head dreamily on the stallion's shoulder.

During dinner, Tealove had no problems being Fleur, taking mini servings of salad and candied carrots, but Bon-Bon almost had to slap her for taking a slice of buttered bread (apparently Fleur is one of those vegan freaks) and Tealove had to quickly play off meaning to get it for Big Mac. Following the meal, (I concluded that I will never ever even consider being a vegan!) Bon-Bon, Big Mac and Tealove retreated to the lounge to begin their search for the undercover Covert.

"I'll check the bar," Bon-Bon whispered as the ponies huddled among the sofas, "You two stick together or ponies will start asking question and check the cider tasting stations. We'll meet up again in half an hour."

"How do we know who to look for?" Tealove asked.

"It's going to be the mare with the lotus-"

"Mayor Mare!"

The ponies jumped apart as if they'd all been shocked.

At the lounge entrance was a unicorn mare with a yellow and pink stripped mane and an ice cream cone cutie mark. Tealove noticed that Big Mac all of a sudden became stiff.

"Oh!" Bon-Bon scrambled to look casual, "Hello there! Having a nice evening?"

"Oh, the best," the unicorn happily trotted into the dim room and nodded towards Big Mac and Tealove in greeting, "Wanna go get a drink? It's been so long, we've got tons to catch up on!"

"Well I'd love to," Bon-Bon smiled then quickly turned to her friends, "I'll see you two soon!"

"Oh, Fancy Pants," the mare batted her eyelashes, "You're getting more and more dashing every time I see you."

Big Mac started turning red as the mare giggled so Tealove quickly hopped and did the only thing she could think of.

"Yes, my special somepony is dashing, isn't he?" Tealove simpered and without thinking, she gave Big Mac a nice kiss on the lips. (Did I just-?)

That got the mare to back off so quickly, you'd think Big Mac had a disease.

"Yes," she sourly smiled, "He is."

"Well, best be off!" Bon-Bon gave Mayor Mare's friend a friendly nudge, "The fun awaits!" and then the two left, the unicorn only glancing back once to shoot Tealove a devilish glare. Then the two ponies were alone.

Even in the dim lighting, Tealove could tell Big Mac had turned a deep red.

"We should..head off to the cider tasting."

The stallion hoarsely replied, "Eyup."

"Okay," Tealove tried to avoid the silence as he and Big Mac followed their noses toward the sharp fizz of cider, "so we're looking for a mare with..a lotus. You've met her before, right?"

"Nope."

Tealove's jaw tightened as they entered the sampling area packed with couples (not to mention plenty of mares with flowers that could very well be lotuses in their manes!)-this was going to be a lot harder than she'd thought.

"Care to try a blood raspberry cider?" a mare behind a counter lined with small glasses asked, "It's the evening favorite!"

"Sure," Tealove shrugged, but then she remembered. (Oh shoot. I mean...) She quickly flung her arms around Big Mac and nuzzled his shoulder.

"If you want to!" Tealove sang.

The mare glanced at her. (Stop looking at me like that. This is my first time having a coltfriend and being vegan, so give me a break.)

Big Mac regally cleared his throat then nodded.

"Alright then," the mare hoofed the two a glass, looking suspicious, "Enjoy."

"Sorry," Tealove whispered once they'd trotted back into the crowd, "I keep forgetting."

Big Mac just nodded though and sipped his drink, which left Tealove pink with embarrassment and wishing she'd been disguised as anypony, anypony but Fleur.

Tealove sipped the samples sparingly seeing as there were already several stallions staggering about the counters looking awfully fizzed. Big Mac and her chatted with countless other couples, but out of all the mares with floral jewelry and such, none of them stuck out as Clandestine ponies. The two also quickly found out that Fleur and Fancy Pants were quite popular and never had more than a minute to relax or go without being talked to, invited to the bar, led to lounge discussion or being fussed over for being the Broke's cutest couple. Before Tealove knew it, two hours had passed.

"Sweet Celestia," she heaved when she spotted a pink coated, blue maned mare trotting toward them, "Let's go hide in the lounge and hope Bon-Bon will forgive us for being late."

Tealove began pulling Big Mac towards the dark crowd of arm chairs, rushing before anypony else could stop them for a drink or mini reunion, but Big Mac tugged her back.

"What do you think you're-"

"Fleur?"

(Too late.) Tealove scrambled to look like she wasn't actually trying to claw Big Mac somewhere where they could be alone and turned to face the mare she'd seen walking towards them. (Thanks a lot, Mac.)

"Yes?"

This mare's mane was slicked back behind a white head band and she wore a dress of the same style as Tealove's only white along with the same pearl earrings.

"I need to talk with you."

Tealove shot a glance at Big Mac. (How do I know you're not Thunderclap in the best disguise in Equestria waiting to blast me off the face of the world when you've got me alone, eh, Thunderclap?) And at that moment, the black stallion area leader trotted by sipping a raspberry blood cider. (...obviously he knows how to clone himself.)

"Alone," the mare added.

Tealove blinked (what would Fleur do?) then did the one thing that popped into her mind (fling yourself on that handsome special somepony and cry!), "Whatever you have to say, you can say to both of us!"

Silence.

(What, was it really that bad?)

Then the mare burst out laughing.

(Okay, fine, don't have to rub it in my face.)

"Just follow me," the mare laughed, but when Tealove didn't come, she leaned close and whispered, "Sweet Pea."

(Oh. Ooooh....were we that obvious?)

"You too, Max," the Covert added.

Once the three were lolling around casually in the darkest corner of the lounge, Tealove finally noticed the white flower printed on the mare's flank. (Ah. So that's a lotus.)

"Alrighty!" the lotus pony whispered, digging through her purse that seemed to be as deep as a briefcase, "I've got it somewhere..."

"Um..sorry to..get off topic, but," Tealove whispered, taking advantage of the silence, "what's your name?"

"Covert Agent River Lily! But don't call me that..in public at least. Call me Aloe!"

"Well, Aloe, we're lucky you found us because we had no clue-!"

"Found it!" and from the depths of Aloe's stylish saddlebag came a black parchment scroll which she carefully hoofed to Tealove.

"This," the mare hissed, "Is everything I've gathered about the whereabouts of Princess Luna and every detail I could squeeze out of theses ponies that would help in rescuing her. I hope we it helps."

Tealove had never seen black parchment and was about to open it when-

"Not in here!!" Aloe slapped Tealove's hooves away, then quickly scanned the area to see if anypony had heard her. She repeated quietly this time, "Not in here...Bon-Bon will know how how to read it, so I'd get out of here as quickly as possible now that you have it."

"Eyup," Big Mac gingerly stowed the scroll away under his suit, "Will do."

"Thanks," Tealove added as they slowly dispersed.

"Any time!" Aloe cheered, "See you two later! I'll be at the cider tastings if you need me!"

"Okay, time to get out of here," was Tealove's first priority, so the two rushed towards the bar to find Bon-Bon.

Surprisingly enough, she was still chatting away with the flirty yellow mare, taking sips form her glass an giggling almost uncontrollably

"Oh, Celestia," Tealove tried not to grin as she and Big Mac approached the bar, "Hey, Miss Mare!"

"Huh?" Bon-Bon swung around in her spinning stool, still giggling, but fell to the ground before she could see who had called her. The ice cream cone pony burst into laughter so loud that ponies around them stared.

"He..hey guys!" the fake Mayor Mare chocked as Tealove came to help her up, "You came..just in time for the next story..that Sweetcream..Scoops is gonna tell!!"

"Somepony's had too much cider," Big Mac mumbled.

"I...haven't had any..since my first glass!" Bon-Bon said in between giggles, "I..swear!"

"Mm," Tealove nodded, "Right..well it's time to go now, so say your goodbyes and-"

"HAHAHAHAHA!" the mare called Sweetcream Scoops suddenly burst out laughing which sent Bon-Bon into a fresh seizure of shrieking giggles.

Tealove sighed.

"Well, it's been nice meeting you!" she screamed to Mayor Mare's companion, "So..bye!!" then she dragged Bon-Bon as far from the bar as she could.

"Bon-Bon!" Tealove tried to scold and cover her laugh with a groan, "Would you be quiet? You sound like a dying rooster!"

"Leaving so soon?"

That voice froze Tealove in her tracks and totally paralyzed her brain. Even Bon-Bon got quiet. (Oh, Celestia, save me now.) It was Thunderclap.

Tealove swallowed hard, "I..we were-"

"Fleur," the black stallion took hold of Tealove's hoof then lightly kissed it, "How about a drink before you go?"

"I-" but Thunderclap was already escorting her to the bar. (No, no, no, no, no!! I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die...0

"We'll have the special," Thunderclap ordered in his deep, monotone voice, "Double fizz."

(I swear I heard myself gulp.)

"Cheers, love," the stallion clinked his glass against Tealove's then carefully tipped the liquid down his throat. (Is it poison? How am I supposed to know?! This is what Bon-Bon's for!! I'm gonna die.)

"Are you well, Fleur?" Thunderclap asked gently, seeing that Tealove hadn't yet touched her drink, "I know you fancy that Canterlot snoot, dear, but destiny. Destiny has brought us together."

"I'm fine," Tealove whispered in the best Fleur actress voice she could muster, "thank you."

Then, to ward off suspicion, she took the tiniest sip from her glass and even that sent a snap of fizz bubbling through her senses. (Sweet Celestia, that's some strong stuff!)

"Did the dinner please you, love?" Thunderclap asked with a quick sip of his cider, "I served your favorite."

"It was delicious," Tealove, somehow managing to keep her voice form shaking, replied, "Has your evening been enjoyable?"

"Oh, it's been this and that," the stallion waved his hoof, "But I say, Fleur. I don't remember your eyes glowing with such brilliance...you grow more and more elegant every time I see you."

Tealove had not clue how to respond to that, so instead of doing so, she took a quick sip of cider.

"Are you all right, love?" Thunderclap asked, this time concerned, "You look a bit paler than usual."

"I'm fine, I assure you," Tealove wanted to scream and hide, but the least she could do was anxiously fiddle with her pearl necklace. (Oh, Flare, I wish you were here!)

Then Thunderclap took hold of Tealove's nervous hoof and held it tightly between his, "We've been apart for so long. We must get together more often. I can't last without your beauty.." the stallion wrapped a hoof around Tealove's hip, pulling her slightly closer.

"Yes, I..." (PANIC ATTACK!)

"And your gentle touch," Thunderclap ran a hoof behind Tealove's neck which sent her fur spiking, "Such a refreshment to the senses..My flower," he began leaning closer, "I can't believe I ever lived without you."

He was coming close, too close, way too close, close enough to make Tealove want to shove his face away and run. He was pulling her in..(AH!!), but at the last second, Tealove spotted, coming around the bar counter to serve an order-

"Flare!!"

Tealove tugged herself from Thunderclap's grip, almost crying with relief. (I knew he'd be here! Ah, my here.)

At the sound of his name, Flare looked up suddenly brightening at the sound of Tealove's voice, but then he saw who had called and his face fell. Tealove couldn't have been happier.

"Who is that?" Thunderclap demanded as Flare began trotting over, supposing he was needed to refill a drink.

"A dear friend of mine that I've been looking forward to seeing!" Tealove cried, leaping behind the counter and enveloping Fare in a tight hug.

"Um..who're..sorry, but I don't-" the young stallion stammered, then Tealove hissed into his ear,

"Save me!"

Her voice clicked into Flare's mind and he suddenly went slack, "Tea-?!"

"Good evening, Flare."

The two pulled apart. Standing close by was a stick stiff Thunderclap. He gave the other stallion a nod, "Wonderful to be a part of this reunion, but I believe your night's duties are waiting."

Flare was still getting over the fact that the mare before him was Tealove, so she was the one who had to step in and say, "Do you mind if he joins us for a drink? I'm sure the other bar tenders have everything under control!" but when Thunderclap didn't cave, she added, "My love, it would make me most happy."

Now he couldn't possibly refuse, so Flare joined the group and Tealove and him ended up talking nonstop (like we do). They laughed, gave each other friendly shoves, sipped cider and the more they ignored Thunderclap, the more the pile of empty glasses strewn across the counter grew. And when Flare, without thinking, took hold of Tealove's hoof, Thunderclap totally lost it.

"Out! OUT!" the stallion bellowed, quite red in the face and ready to buck Flare's skull to pieces, "Out with you!! NOW!"

"Thunderclap-" Tealove began, rather amused more than anything and fighting the urge to laugh, (wonder what he'd do if I kissed Fare...?) but the stallion wouldn't listen.

"NO! She is my mare! It is destiny!! She is mine!!"

"Well, dear, somepony's had a little too much fizz," one of the passing bar tender mares shook her head, "Well, dear, we can't have that here. Come along, Mister."

"It is DESTINY!" Thunderclap roared, making a huge fool of himself as he was dragged away my three bar tenders, leaving Tealove and Flare to laugh freely.

"Oh, thank you so much for being here!" Tealove cried.

"You didn't say you were coming!" Flare exclaimed, "And how are you..more like who are you?"

"Oh, that," she sighed with a flip of her hair, "I got a mane trim. You like it?"

"No, really, what'd you do?" the stallion laughed, "You even got a new cutie mark!"

Tealove suddenly turned pink. (What am I supposed to say? 'Oh, it's nothing, just got shocked by some Clandestine machine that disguised me into some fancy smancy pony from Canterlot so I can spy on your society without dying. Hope you don't mind!')

"Well, I wouldn't have been able to recognize you if it weren't for the necklace," Flare corrected.

Tealove's hoof instinctively flew to the pearls and instantly caused her to brighten, "Oh, I can't tell you how much I love it! Now I remember you..where ever I go."

The stallion smiled weakly and squeezed her hoof.

"Tealove," he suddenly looked torn, making his mare's smile quickly disappear. She'd never seen him so down.

"What is it?"

"I..I have something to tell you," (well, I figured) he sighed, avoiding her eyes, "The...the pearls are-"

"There you are!" it was Bon-Bon, rushing towards Tealove's, looking so relieved as she tugged her friend into a hug, "Sweet Celestia, I thought you were going to die!"

Tealove was surprised at first but quickly laughed, "I thought so too, but-!"

"Let's get out of here," Bon-Bon, though shorter than Tealove as Mayor Mare, now had her hooves on the other's shoulders as if she was her mother, "before anything else happens."

"Right," Tealove sighed, then turned back toward Flare, "Write me, okay? We'll meet up again soon."

"Yah," Flare stared at the floor, "Soon."

Tealove gave a small smile, took the stallion's hooves in hers then kissed him gently atop his muzzle, "Bye, Flare."

This time he looked up, appearing to be close to tears, "I love you."

And as Bon-Bon, Big Mac and Tealove's cab sped into the cold, dark night, Tealove's heart was flying, swelling, warming her even through the shock that surged through her when she was taken form her disguise.

Tealove stared at herself in the mirror as Bon-Bon brushed her mane, sending relaxing shivers up Tealove's spine. It was almost weird to be herself again, instead of Fleur, but Tealove was glad. (Yah, now I don't have to pretend to be clean and sit up straight at dinner.) Tealove glanced at Big Mac who had just gotten out of the shower and was standing by the door, as if prepared to go somewhere, (please don't say there's another information exchange. I just wanna sleep) but the stallion silently and patiently waited.

After redressing Tealove's fore hoof that Thunderclap had shot just two nights before and spreading ointment on the bullet made cut that traced under the mare's eyes, Tealove slipped into her silk pajamas, her mane now in a smooth french braid (that only Bon-Bon would be able to pull off), then fell softly onto her ever so fluffy bed. From the other side of the curtains of their balcony, the muffled sound of speeding cars could still be heard, mixed with the beep of taxis, the rumble of trams and the whispers of the night. The hotel room was dim, only the bedside table lamp lit, and Tealove wanted the peaceful hum to last forever. But she couldn't manage to ignore the fact that Big Mac was still standing by the door.

"What's up?" she whispered as Bon-Bon (in her flowy white night gown, mane tied back with a bow) climbed into bed.

"Oh, nothing, Big Mac just wants to show you something before bed," she replied, snuggling with her mountain of pillows, "But I'm not waiting for you two, so good night."

Tealove glanced towards Big Mac, but his face was hidden in the shadows.

"Is this going to be quick?" she whispered, pulling on a white robe.

Big Mac couldn't conceal a small smile, "Yep," then he zipped up a jacket and opened the door for Tealove.

"It's in the suite, right?" the mare pressed as the two took the elevator down.

Big Mac paused then replied, "Yep."

"Good," Tealove sighed, "I don't want anypony to see me in my pajamas."

The elevator let the ponies out onto the lobby floor where Big Mac held out a plain blue scarf with his mouth. Telaove blinked. She tried to act excited, "Oh, it's so soft..and a great color and-"

The stallion snorted then trotted behind her, tied the cloth over her eyes and the whole world went black.

"Are you-?"

"Nope."

Tealove let herself be tugged forward and in an instant, the soft carpet of the lobby changed to cold, wet concrete.

"Where are we going?!" Tealove cried, blindly staggering beside Big Mac, slipping through small rain puddles, "You said we weren't leaving the-!"

"Yep."

Tealove huffed (now he's just being like Bon-Bon) but decided to trust the stallion and allow him to guide her through the dark.

"You'd better not run me into a pole like all the ponies in the movies do," she couldn't help adding.

The night was cold, a gentle, nipping breeze was in the air, one raindrop occasionally fell from the sky and they walled on. Tealove got used to walking as if her eyes were closed, but she hated not knowing where they were going, where they were. She felt like she could fall asleep amidst the peaceful patter of rain and the quiet hum of cars, but the chill kept her from drifting off. Tealove had no clue how long they walked (I kept myself busy pleading with Celestia to not let anypony see me out dressed like this, blindfolded and tripping over every crack in the sidewalk) but eventually Big Mac came to a stop.

Tealove tried to make sense of where they were, but all she felt was the slight warmth of light shining in front of her and the freezing puddles that were making her hooves go numb. She sensed Big Mac walling up behind her, then the scarf slowly fell form her eyes and-

"Oh!!" Tealove gasped, her whole body awake now, shaking with excitement and loss of words. Her eyes were as round as saucers, but they couldn't seem to open wide enough to take in the glory, beauty and perfection of the glowing, glittering, grand window display of Très Bella's Cafè. (And it rhymes, so it must be true!!)

"Oh my-oh, Celestia!!" Tealove was over flowing with awe, "It's even more breath taking at night!! But why-?"

Big Mac wasn't at her side anymore though. He was now standing at the Cafe door, holding it open as the small, silver bell on the frame tinkled in warm welcome.

"In?" Tealove choked, "I..In T-très Bella's..me?"

Big Mac grinned and nodded, "Eyup."

"Eeeeee!!!" Tealove squealed on the threshold, but paused dramatically to then take one step into the cafe then-

"OH MY-!!!"

Little round french cafe tables, teacups for two, glimmering crystal china, lace curtains, doilies, the warm aroma of sweets teas, herbs, white tiles so clear that you could easily examine your own reflection, canvas paintings of the earliest Victorian tea party, color schemes of pale pink and pure white, spotless, sophisticated, but an environment that was relaxing, peaceful and a posh slice of home.

Tealove couldn't help her nonstop squealing. It was a dream come true! A paradise! A place she had always wished she could recreate, only in Ponyville! The mare ran across the cafe, darting to every corner, to every teaspoon, soaking every detail and etching them into her brain. (Talk about hard core tea time!!)

Tealove hadn't even noticed it, but it took her about thirty minutes to examine the whole shop (including the bathrooms) and when she was about to start squealing over everything for the second time, Big Mac cleared his throat. He had to do that about five times though to actually get Tealove's attention.

"Is there something wrong with your throat because you should probably-" Tealove ended with a giant gasp. (Thankfully we were the only ones in the store or I'd be making quite a fool of myself.)

Big Mac was standing by one of the tables and pulling out a chair for Tealove to sit in, but she wasn't at all paying attention to him.

On the little table were miniature cakes delicately frosted with creamy ruffles of icing only the best gourmet bakers could pull off, dainty stacks of candied and sugar coated fruits (which came in a variety of cute little shapes) and flower petals, creme puffs that seemed fit for french fairies, tarts only a few inches wide, sandwiches of fluffy, homemade bread, pastries carefully sprinkled with powdered sugar, jams and spreads scattered across the table in adorable little pots only big enough to hold an egg and countless other sweets and treats that were anypony's and everypony's dream, each glowing with the glimmer that Très Bella's Cafe seemed to have on every aspect of their shop.

"I. Can't. Believe it!!!!" Tealove was screaming now, hopping on the spot with exploding joy.

Big Mac just chuckled as his friends freaked out over just sitting in a Très Bella's chair, then he sat opposite of her and waited for Tealove to take her pick.

"Ooooooooh, this is so hard!" Tealove's hoof hovered momentarily above each breath taking treat, "Which one am I supposed to choose as my first one? They're all so amazing, so perfect, so..."

Then she remembered. This was the very place that she and her dad had always wanted to visit...as a family..to get inspiration for their business. 'Soon to be your business' Tealove remembered him often reminding her as she helped mix the batters in the family shop which was once called 'The Clovers Teakery'. (Oh..dad...) Now she knew what to have first.

Tealove, feeling like a filly amidst all the presents on Hearth's Warming Day but suddenly remembering the true meaning of the occasion, gingerly lifted a strawberry banana custard eclair from a tier in the center of the table. She looked down at the perfect pastry. 'The first dessert your mother served in our little shop' her dad's voice echoed in Tealove's ear, the words he had told her as the two had gazed down at the last eclair left in the Teakery after her mother's death. Not one custard pastry had been served since then.

Tealove blinked hard and glanced at Big Mac (wow, there must be something wrong with him if he's not downing everything in sight) then slowly sunk her teeth into the fluffy eclair that burst fruity custard into her mouth as well as memories of her mother. Images of Tealove's mom flashed before her like forgotten dreams, sketches of their Teakery's grand opening, etches of late nights spent filling countless orders, carvings of the two sneaking her dad's cakes and getting scolded for it when they were caught in the storage closet with mouths full of mouse.

Tealove shakily smiled, holding back tears the best she could then realized Big Mac was gazing at her, his smile fading away.

"You okay?" the stallion asked.

Tealove swallowed her last nibble of eclair then furiously rubbed her eyes, "I'm fine, it's just.." she took in a deep breath, "this place reminds me..of my parents."

The way Tealove said it, Big Mac knew, "I..know how ya feel," he whispered, "My pa 'n' ma passed when I was only eleven..but what keeps me goin' is knowin' that I've got other ponies who love me 'n' I gotta try tuh make 'em proud..do what they'd o..an' better."

Tealove sniffled (that's the most he's ever said to me..ever), "Yah..but sometimes...I don't know I just..want somepony there. There to eat with each night, to make..eclairs with, to dance with and..tell you a story at night..."

A tear escaped Tealove's eyes and dribbled slowly down her cheek, "I know it's...stupid, but-" Tealove furiously wiped her eyes.

"It's not stupid," Big Mac firmly said and touched Tealove's shaking hoof so she would look up at him (not to mention make my heart stop) then her paused and whispered, "What stories did your parents tell ya?"

"Mom..," Tealove's throat clenched, "told me..every night..oh, it's stupid..about an alicorn princess named..Tealove."

Big Mac grinned for a second but quickly stopped when another tear began trickling down Tealove's face.

She choked, "I'm sorry, but...I just..need..can I hug you?"

Big Mac smiled and got up from his seat, but before he could take even one step, Tealove threw her arms around him and totally broke down, sobbing and shaking, blinded by her tears and deaf from her gasps for air. The two sunk to the ground, Tealove clinging to Big Mac and crying into his shoulder, breathing in his sweet apples scent, shaking within his embrace and letting every drop of pain flood from her body. She didn't know how long she choked and hiccuped, gasped and sobbed, feeling like the whole world was falling apart, like death sounded easier to handle. At least she'd be with her parents, at least she wouldn't be alone, have no worries, no pain. All those years of misery, loneliness and emptiness, everything was coming out through her tears. (Why did dad leave me? Didn't he care? Didn't he love me enough to not leave me with that horrible mule? That wretched, cruel being that enslaved me, haunted me with my past and sucked all happiness from me!! Why didn't mom find a different way, any way, to free me without sacrificing herself? Wasn't she thinking of how that would scar me, hurt me, mentally kill me?! It would have been better for me to have died!!)

Tealove sobbed harder. Her stomach was so tight, she couldn't be sick. Her eyes were so puffy and raw, it hurt to blink. Eventually though, Tealove had cried herself out. No matter how much more she sobbed, not one more tear could be squeezed from her. Then she became weak, went limp, became too tired to cry. She just lied there, head against Big Mac's chest, curled up in a wet, wilted heap, choking on her memories while listening to the slow heart beat of the stallion before her. Tealove's breathing gradually fell in sync with Big Mac's then she realized that she wasn't shaking anymore. The tears were gone, the misery was over, and now, all that filled Tealove's senses was the comfort of laying within Big Mac's grasp.

"Once upon a time," the stallion's deep voice began to whisper, "there was 'n alicorn princess named Tealove."

Tealove sniffled, suddenly feeling warm and fuzzy inside..just like she always had whenever her mother had started that story.

"An' one day she was invited tuh tea with the Princesses, but..she needed tuh find somethin' tun wear, so she trotted on over tuh Carousel Boutique and began her search for the best dress in all o' 'questria..."

The story continued on to tell of Princess Tealove's quest to every Boutique in the land, trying to put together the the perfect outfit, helping ponies along the way with her magic and wings and giving parts of her ensemble to those in need. In between all of that though was a mix of fairy godponies, fugitive deer, teacup carriages and falling through holes that transported you to lands of magical meadows and deadly tea parties you had to be clever enough to escape.

Every trot of the way, Tealove listened like a filly hearing their first fairy tale, nibbling on a jam doughnut and letting herself be carried away with the story, not at all caring about how totally different this one was compared to the tale her mother had always told...she thought this one might even be better.

"So, in her deer woven, leaf dress, china cup slippers, sparkle fairy cape an' that big ratty hat given tuh her from that crazy cupcake baker, Princess Tealove attended the royal alicorn tea party, knowin' now tha' even though she didn't get her dream gown, helpin' out other ponies an' adventurin' with 'em was better than any dress. An' she lived happily ever after, the end."

Tealove just sat there for a while, letting the end of her story soak through her senses until she realized her half eaten jelly doughnut had fallen to the floor, leaving a purple splotch on the spotless tile. She quickly pulled away form Big Mac then scrubbed the small mess until it shined enough for her to see Big Mac standing behind her. She turned to face him, ran a hoof through e=her moused mane, then sighed, "Big Mac.." she gazed into his bright green eyes as tears began to well in her. The mare flung herself around his neck and squeezed him tight.

"Thank you," Tealove whispered, "for the story...and for bringing me here..I couldn't have asked for a better night."

Big Mac put his hooves around her, smoothed back the mare's mane then breathing into her ear "Yup."

Tealove didn't know how long the two stood there, holding each other tight because neither wanted to let go.

****************************************************************************************************************

Bon-Bon jerked her head forward, signalling for Tealove to tumble across the floor and take cover behind the sofa. Bon-Bon peaked around the corner then slammed herself flat against the nearby wall. Tealove's heart was beating rapidly in her ears and she readjusted her skin tight black suit, trying to stop the shadow fabric from rubbing her sweaty hooves raw (we couldn't we have worn something else? This thing makes me look fat). She glanced towards Bon-Bon who pointed a hoof forward.

"The area's clear," Big Mac's voice came to Tealove's ear from her neck (I decided that it would be much more comfortable and fashionable to string my communication pearl to Flare's gift instead of jam it in my ear) so with one glance at the ceiling, (I hope you know what you're doing, Mac!) she dove behind the giant, round pot holding a variety of flowers that sat at the edge of the lounge.

The Broke Headquarters, that's where the ponies were. It was late into the night and Bon-Bon, Big Mac and Tealove were out to finally rescue Princess Luna. Earlier in the hotel, Tealove had opened the black scroll given to them by Aloe only to find the unusual parchment blank. Their instructions appeared though in curly white hoofman ship after Bon-Bon performed a Clandestine spell on the letter.

'Up the stairs, down the hall, three doors on the left,' Aloe's directions echoed within Tealove's mind as she clicked on her night vision goggles and carefully stepped though the pitch black, deserted HQ. (Yah, just up the stairs and we're practically there. Easy!) She almost couldn't believe she was doing this. It was both nerve wrecking and exciting. Her first break in, first day in the field and she determined to prove to Bon-Bon that she could handle all the fancy equipment that only she and Big Mac were armed with. (Sort of a stupid decision since I'm the one down here, but...come on, I won a street gun fight! Well, there wasn't actually a set winner, but...okay, at least let me carry the cool projecting, coordinate calculating glasses!)

Not only that, but Tealove wanted to prove to Big Mac that his choice was for the better when he'd voted against Bon-Bon to have her be up in the air vents keeping watch for night guards (he'd said that it'd be a better learning experience for me to just jump right into the danger. I wasn't really sure if I was supposed to thank him or not).

Tealove barely dared to breath as she hid under the bar counter, eyes glued to the staircase that lay just beyond the dance floor. (Let me tell you, the world is quite hard to make out when you see everything in green and blue.) The silence pressed in on her as she began crossing the sleek dance floor, remembering her first slow song with Flare with a mix of emotions, then-CRASH.

Tealove suddenly found herself sliding across the floor, head pounding, then she slammed against the wall, the noise from the accident echoing through the spacious building.

"Somepony's coming!" Big Mac's voice sent Tealove's heart flying to her throat and she scrambled to her hooves, fresh pain stabbing at her healing leg, then three stallions burst into the room, waving flashlights wildly through the air.

"Who's there?!" one barked, prowling further into the dark.

(Oh, nopony, you're just hearing things, dear...I'M SO DEAD!!)

"Move!" Big Mac's desperate command uprooted Tealove's hooves and allowed her to dive into an empty box that was supposed to be holding all the cider tasting cups (the pony in charge of that must've been too fizzed to remember). Tealove curled up in the tightest ball she could, crushing her lungs and causing a sourness to rise in her throat, but she didn't dare breath, much less move. The lid was closed and the box quickly became stuffy. Muffled hoof steps echoed about her hiding place as Tealove's vision grew dotted. (I'M GONNA DIE! weather from suffocation or being caught, who knows which first), then somepony to the left whispered, "Knocked over the speakers..they're close by."

(DEAD. DEATH. DIE.)

(I swear I'm going to faint before they find me.)

Her lungs were searing, exploding just like her head, it felt like her eyes were popping out from their sockets, she was about to pass out, then-

"Tea!"

Tealove jumped and gasped, making her box shuffle to the side. (Celestia!) Tealove stuffed a hoof in her mouth but couldn't help feeling relieved that she know had fresh air in her system. (And apparently the guards were so blind that they didn't notice that a box just moved because I wasn't found after that! Or they left. I'm not complaining.)

"Hag bag, chill before you give us away," Bon-Bon's voice hissed from within her pearl, "Those stallions are busy checking out the lounge, so get your butt up staircase now."

"Is the coast cl-?"

"Now!"

Huffily, Tealove took a leap of faith and sprung from her box, tumbled across the rest of the dance floor, then, with only a glance back at the lights waving in the lounge, bolted up the stairs. At the top landing was Bon-Bon, fishing a devise strapped to her wrist in the door's lock.

"Where's B-?"

"Shh!" Bon-Bon growled, then pressed her ear against the door, jerking her wrist until-click! The mare slowly pushed the entry open, careful to not make even one creak, then she slunk in.

Tealove gingerly followed, all senses on edge as they entered the hallway lined with several, very different doors. Then there was a clank. Tealove almost screamed, but Bon-Bon shoved a hoof down her throat before any noise could escape. The sound had come from the wall..just beyond the metal grates as the foot of surface..then all of a sudden, a red laser shot out from the wall and cut a giant circle, just big enough for a giant pony in all black to burst into the hall.

"Eep!" Tealove squeaked, but then she recognized that pony's trot and yanked Bon-Bon's hoof away.

"Oh, Big Mac! How did you-?"

"Focus, Sweet," Bon-Bon cut in, staring down the line of doors, "Third door to the left...it's that one."

Tealove stared at their destination, suddenly bubbling with emotion. There it was-the reason they'd come all this way and pretty much risked the whole Clandestine identity.

Bon-Bon quietly jiggled the door's handle.

"Locked," she reported, "Figures..," then began fiddling with the lock just as she had before, but this time, there was no click. Bon-Bon scowled at the door, "You give it a try, Mac."

"What about m-?"

"You don't have the tools to break a lock," the mare replied dismissively. This time it was Tealove's turn to scowl.

"I..can't get it tuh..ugh!" Big Mac grunted as he wrestled with the door, "I could buck i' down if ya wan' me to-"

"That would be way too loud!" Bon-Bon scolded, "Let me try a-"

But this time, Tealove didn't care to ask Bon-Bon if she could give it a try, and before the mare could stop her, Tealove was hacking away at the handle with a pink bobby pin from her mane.

"Tealove!" Bon-Bon hissed, "That's not going to work if-!!"

Click and the door drifted ajar. The other two ponies were left in shock. (In your face, fancy spy gadgets!)

"Well, no time to loose!" Bon-Bon waved the matter away, "Come on!"

Then she began to ever so slowly push open the door until the three stood on the threshold of a room with ripped wallpaper (which looked somepony had let an angry Timberwolf into the place), a rough, dirty planked floor and windows that were fogged and boarded up.

"Wait..wha-?"

In the room's center was a pile of rope, moist, frayed, and a small scrap of parchment lay amidst the coils.

The ponies ran to the ropes. Tealove began searching the rest of the room, but all there was was an empty, moth filled closet. (Did Aloe give us the wrong directions? Does Bon-Bon know how to count to three? The Princess had to be here!!)

Then Bon-Bon gave a ragged gasp.

"What?" Tealove whispered, she and Big Mac rushing to her sides, but then they saw it.

The note Bon-Bon was holding in her shaking hooves was written in spidery letters with the occasional ink splotch. They read,

"Look at what has become of your Princess."

(NO!)

"Well, well, fancy seeing you three again."

Big Mac, Bon-Bon and Tealove whipped around. There on the threshold were three other ponies. The one who had spoken was Thunderclap.

The black stallion smirked and laughed at the sight if the three Coverts, "Oh no, we do have a problem! Looking for you lost Princess I suppose? Ah, well you're too late, little foals. Five days too late."

"What have you done with her?!!" Bon-Bon demanded.

"Oh, none of your business, now is it?" Thunderclap snapped.

"But how did you-?!"

"Find us?" the stallion interrupted in a horribly whiny, high pitched voice. He laughed at his own humor, "Oh, oblivious peons! It was quite simple seeing as I had just the right stallion to slither into your companion's very heart!"

"What are you-?"

"That would be where we come in, mates."

And out of the shadows stepped a blue British mare standing beside a dark stallion who-

"Flare!" Tealove gasped, staring wide eyes at the stallion who refused to meet her eyes, "And-"

"Oh, you know my little colt, do you?" Sugar Kiss grinned then took Flare around the neck and suddenly began passionately kissing him. And Flare seemed to be taking part in the enjoyment just as much.

Tealove's heart was so suddenly torn that she felt her very chest collapse.

"Flare!" her breathing felt like a labor now, she couldn't stand seeing Sugar Kiss's smug smirk as the two pulled apart. And Flare..he looked equally pleased.

"Oh, honestly!" Sugar Kiss scoffed, "You didn't suspect anything when Flare gave you that necklace! Dear, it's a tracking devise, and he NEVER LOVED YOU!!"

Tealove's knees buckled. All those hours together, all the meals and games and her first kiss and-

"As for me-" Sugar Kiss stuck out the hock that had supposedly been branded with a Clandestine symbol, then ripped the emblem right off, "I never cared for you!!"

"Honestly I thought Celestia would have taught you better than that!" Thunderclap laughed hysterically, "Well, we'll see what Celestia thinks of her prized Coverts once we-"

"RUN!!!!"

And all at once, the room exploded into a sea of thick smoke, an opera house of shouts and screams, then a large hoof tugged Tealove out the door.

Author's Note:

This story is based off of a scene in the comic book Friendship is Magic #9 "Zen and the Art of the Gazebo"