• Published 27th May 2012
  • 2,931 Views, 59 Comments

My Paper Pony - Garfield

  • ...
2
 59
 2,931

Prologue

My Paper Pony
My Little Pony is owned by Hasbro and all the other cool people working on the show, and Paper Mario is owned by Nintendo.
________________________________________________________________

Equestria.

Land governed by the benevolent Princess Celestia and her younger sister, Luna. But high above this pleasant land lies a sanctuary. High above Cloudsdale, or even the mountains that pierce the sky. Most ponies believe this to be an old mares tale, asking "How can an island float in the sky?". "If this is real, then why can't I see it?" asks an inquisitive foal. Few ponies know of this shrine, and the questions about it are numerous around the land.

The island itself is completely invisible to the naked eye, being protected by some force. But inside the forcefield, there lays a simple island, with a lone temple on top. Inside, there lays a single chamber. A simple room made of stone, with no notable features, apart from one. In the centre of the room lies a simple stave, guarded by the lights from six gems. One gem was shaped like an apple, another like a butterfly. A rather shiny one was shaped like a diamond, and alongside it one shaped like a balloon, and another like a thunderbolt. But the largest light there was had the form of a large star. Nothing could approach the sceptre, not even Princess Celestia.

A tale that was passed down said that harmony protected the fate of that rod, and should the elements fall, so would the barrier…


________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the dark of the night, several ponies were moving rapidly. At a farm, a gang knocked down the doors leading into the farmhouse, rushing into the house, searching for somepony. They grabbed a young mare from her bed and began a curse, involving the darkest of all magic. Doing this had lead to a large fracas, which lead her big brother coming to her aid. Despite his best efforts, he was knocked out cold, and the poor young girl was sealed inside a card. "One down", a cruel and chilling voice said, dragging the unconscious stallions body away.

In the local bakery, another young mare had headed off to bed. She liked sleep, because there she played with her friends while resting up for the next day. Five minutes later, she was no longer asleep, but trapped, never to wake up again. "That's the second" growled the voice, eating a slice of cake he had rudely helped himself to as he let himself out quietly.

A bunch of flying creatures approached a manor in the sky. "It was of an amazing design, such a shame they had to trash it" lamented one. Upon barging in, they found the occupant ready for a fight, in a stance that showed she meant business. A few moments afterwards, she fell prey to the same curse that had claimed two others the same night. "Six against one is impossible odds" laughed a twisted monster, kicking down a wall

Nearby, a pink maned pegasus had heard the fight above, and had retreated to hiding under her bed. Breaking into her house, they dragged her kicking and sobbing into the centre of the room. Her cries were silenced by the boom of the curse.

In a carousel shaped building, a young filly was being put to sleep by her elder sister. "Don’t be silly, Sweetie, there are no monsters hiding under your bed" she said to console the young girl.

A large reptilian monster slithered past the window, unnoticed. The elder pony had retired to her room, and began to fall into a deep slumber. Silently, intruders broke into their house and crept up on her, ready to lay the foul curse upon her. Upon the completion of the spell, the younger pony had been woken up by a loud bang. She crept ever so quietly to the room of her sister, fear and terror in her heart. She slowly opened the door, and met two beady eyes, red as deep as any ruby staring deep inside her. She didn't even have time to scream before she hit the floor.

"The last building you need is the library" hissed a stern old Pegasus. He stood tall above other stallions, and was so fearsome, he drove even the bravest manticore to tears. His band of followers ran down to the large tree standing in the centre of Ponyville. Inside, an owl and a young phoenix were moving scrolls around. They failed to notice the creatures climbing past the window, ever so silently climbing to the highest window. With a gentle nudge, the window opened. There was a purple unicorn at a desk, seemingly writing down notes on a piece of parchment. Sneaking up on her, the curse was applied without her realizing anything was amiss.

"That’s the lot" cheered a younger changeling, getting ready to leave the house and return to their master. "Not so fast" growled a voice, seemingly coming from the darkness. A baby dragon lunged at the changeling, only to be hit by a bolt of black energy, as dark as night itself. Despite the shrieks of pain given by the dragon writhing on the ground, the dragon too was changed into a card, ending its suffering. Not willing to be ambushed again, the posse fled into the cover of the Everfree Forest.

At that instant, the lights protecting the artifact fell dim, and so did the barrier hiding the island. Seizing the opportunity to finalize their plan, a gang of pegasi and an earth pony; who flew from the aid of her beanie, flew up to the sacred rock. They landed on the island, entering the temple cautiously.

"Is this the place?" inquired a mare with a bubblegum blue mane. The pink earth pony nodded slowly, with the slight hint of a maniacal smile. She skipped up to the altar and grabbed the rod.

She read aloud "The bearer of the star rod shall have their wishes granted".

"This is it boss" growled the stallion involved in the assaults at Ponyville, "Our lord will return tonight". No longer smiling, the purple mare cackled loudly, much like a hag. She closed her eyes in deep concentration, ushering in a deep silence across the room. The building darkened, until no-one could see their own hooves. Suddenly, a brilliant light shot out, returning the room to the state it was just moments ago.

"Let's go meet him shall we?" said the female pegasus, as the others joined her in their descent to the land.

At the statue of a feared and loathed tyrant of a bygone age stood a small group of ponies, changelings and zebras. The earth suddenly shuddered, as if a large amount of pressure was alleviated from it. A wave of pure coldness swept over the gang, as if the earth was attacking them. Finally, the statue began to crack, and black gas seeped out from deep within. "He's here…" grinned the purple mare…