• Published 16th Nov 2011
  • 2,021 Views, 13 Comments

The Last Chapter - Hyperion



Twilight meets a old human and learns something...

  • ...
 13
 2,021

The Last Chapter

The Last Chapter



Twilight opened her eyes and yawned as she stood up from her bed. It was another day like always, since she moved here, in Ponyville. The sun rays were bright today, well too bright as Twilight placed her hoof over her eyes and got out of bed.

"Spike?" called out Twilight as she didn't spotted the baby dragon in his bed "Spike, are you down stairs?"

Twilight headed down stairs but didn't find Spike anywhere. As she searched, she notices that Owlowiscious was missing too. Soon, Twilight started to worry as she started to call out their names. Before long, the whole place was turned upside down.

"Maybe they're outside or something!" quickly said Twilight as she bolted to the door and opened it but…

"Huh?"

Standing before her, was a great void of white. Ponyville was just…gone

"What's going here?" questioned Twilight as she looked around "Where's Ponyville? Hay, where am I?"

Before she could returned inside the library, it was gone as well. Twilight was alone.

"CELESTIA!?" shouted Twilight as she started to cry "LUNA!? RAINBOW!? AJ!? ANYPONY!?" screamed Twilight as she lower her head and weep.

"Who's there?" ask an old but yet caring female voice "Who's crying?"

Twilight looked up and watch as the white void started to vanish and being replace with a large bedroom. In this bedroom, Twilight could see a very old…thing. Something she never saw before but this thing was hooked up to machines. It was clearly that this thing was dying.

"Who or what are you?" ask Twilight as she wiped away her tears.

"…Twilight Sparkle?" said the thing as she tried to sit up but couldn't.

Twilight quickly trotted over and stops the thing from getting up again "Please don't. You're not well!"

"I guess you're right, Twilight." Laugh the thing before starting to cough.

Twilight turned to the nightstand and saw a cup of water and quickly gave it to the thing and watch as it stops coughing.

"Thanks Twilight." Smiled the thing as she petted her "…you are here!"

Twilight returned to the cup to the stand and faces the thing again and spoke "How do you know my name? In fact, how did I end up here and what are you?"

"I'm a human and I don't know how you got here too. In fact, you're not real to begin with…" said the human as she stroked Twilight head "…but you are real? You're standing in front of me as we speak…"

"What do you mean not real?" questioned Twilight in confusing.

"You're a cartoon character from a very old cartoon showed called "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" dear."

"Cartoon?" whispered Twilight as her eyes slowly went wide "…you're telling me…my friends, my family, my home…even my life is a lie?" ask Twilight as she started to cry "I'M NOTHING!?"

Twilight felt her mind as if it was going to break but something happened. She felt a warm touch on her cheek. It was that, that made her returned from the blink of madness.

"You are real, dear." Smiled the human "I'm happy to see you before me, it's like meeting my long lost daughter." The human bought her hand back and continued on "You and your friends bought many people, my kind, together after watching you and watching the show I created…"

"Created?"

"Yes, I created you and your very world as you know it. Before you say I'm a god, I'm not. Look at me. Eighty-nine years old." She said as she turned to Twilight and notice Twilight color started to fade "…I get it now, I think."

"What's going on?" screamed Twilight as she stared at her hooves as it slowly turned white.

"…my time…it's almost…up…" barely said the human as her eyes started to get heavy "…don't be scared …Twilight…"

"I DON'T WANT TO DISAPPEAR!" begged Twilight.

"Twilight….dear…our lives is like a book…everything has a last chapter…a chapter where "the end" is at. Twilight, hold my hand…" ask the human as she raised her hand to Twilight.

Twilight took the human hand and continued to listen "…when our book is closed, it doesn't mean it's over…" Twilight watch as the human place her other hand on her chest "We'll live on…right here in people hearts…forever…" Twilight watch as the human slowly closed her eyes "Don't be…"

Twilight soon found herself within the darkness. Alone again like before, until a light appeared from somewhere and blinded her.

"Twi?"

"Sugar cube?"

"Twilight? Are you playing hide and seek?"

"Daring? Where are you?"

"…Twilight…"

Twilight started to cry again as she started to walk into the light as a voice echoed in the void

"…scared, just remember this. A book can be read again. Just like a cartoon show can be re-watch…"

Comments ( 13 )
#1 · Nov 16th, 2011 · · ·

...

Whoa.

Deep...

Fin

I see your concept and its a good story, but i will have to disagree with it.
I will always believe after a stories over the real one begins and the sky's the limit, but we the readers cant follow. In all good read.
-Fin

33032
lol nice name :pinkiehappy:

this....this was deeep.

Mordor deep.

33094

One can not simply end a good story.:fluttershysad:

that teach me from copy and paste the fic from my DA page while having the ponify setting on for DA :derpytongue2: fixed the "human" and "hand" which came up as pony and hoof.

33032
yeah, your right but our lives is a book filled with chapters. The last chapter is us dying but we'll live on in the hearts of people we met. So our lives will go on, like how people re-read a book after they finish it.

Every living being's life is a book, some longer and better than others.
Some are of the horror genre, some of the romance genre, but no two are the same.
However, just as every book ends, so does a life.
Just as a book can be remembered and reread, so can a life.
But, when it ends, both have infinite possibilities.
Do not think of death as an end to all.
Think of it as all the branches of the world condensing and spreading.

#9 · Nov 16th, 2011 · · ·

33240
fascinating i prefer to see every fictional world as a different universe created by man so even after the creator dies the legend lives on or from a scientific perspective when a god dies its universe will continue :)

I was expecting something more detailed and philosophical.
The details were a bit too much on the light side for my liking.

This was REAL deep/depressing. No disrespect, but I couldnt stop wimpering for at least 20 min.

Login or register to comment