• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 1,785 Views, 13 Comments

Hard Responsibilities - Just A Random Pegasus



When the mane six have to help defeat the invading changeling army in the Crystal Empire, their special stallions (and draconequus) are charged with the responsibility to protect Ponyville.

  • ...
15
 13
 1,785

Aggravating Disagreements

"Uh... that could've gone better." Cheese Sandwich remarked as Caramel shot him a glare.

"Ya think?" Caramel responded, turning away from the party stallion.

Cheese hung his head low. "You know, I never realized how much we needed the six."

"What?" Flash asked, raising a brow.

"Pinkie, Rainbow, Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack. They always remind us to be friendly. Now... look at us. Just a few minutes without them, and we've already started being unpleasant to each other."

There was a short moment of silence.

"I understand what you're saying, but..." Discord started. "We need to put more focus on keeping Ponyville safe."

"And how are we supposed to do that? It will be impossible to get everypony to agree on the same thing!" Fancypants responded.

"I'm going to put a force field around Ponyville. That way, we can all be happy." With that, a pinkish-purple magic dome was conjured up.

"You're welcome." Discord remarked, not giving anypony the chance to speak.

Discord felt a small poke at his side.

"Yes?" He asked as he saw a little colt looking up at him.

"What are you, sir? I mean, you look really strange."

Discord chuckled heartily. "I get that a lot. But what fun is there in making sense?" Discord then patted the colt on the head. "I am a draconequus."

"Cool!" The colt responded. "Well, what I really came to ask, was why you put a force field up."

"Oh, I did because..."

"He wanted to practice his chaotic magic!" Flash interrupted. "Now, you may want to get home, little colt. Your parents are probably wondering where you are."

The colt nodded and took off for home.

"Is there any harm in telling the colt the truth?" Discord questioned as he glared at Flash.

"Well, actually, yes. We don't want the fillies and colts scared to death."

Discord rolled his eyes. "He's going to find out from his parents, anyway."

"It's not our place to tell him that, though!"

"Cheese Sandwich did!"

"That's because he didn't think before he spoke!"

"Well, sorry! Let's have a cupcake to cheer up!" Cheese interrupted as he pulled a platter of cupcakes out of nowhere.

Flash rolled his eyes. "No." He then spread his wings. "I think we need a leader; someone to keep order between us six."

"Well, who do you think it could be?" Soarin asked.

"Well, me!" Flash responded as he pointed to himself. Discord glared at him.

"Why? We all know that I should be the leader." The draconequus then drank some chocolate milk.

"You would just make everything chaos!" Fancypants interrupted.

"I agree." Flash responded to Discord. "I should be leader because I am a royal guard. It's my job to keep others safe."

Fancypants shook his head. "The leader will have to be somepony who knows how to properly assign others in the group. That's why I should be leader."

"Uh, no. You wouldn't get your hooves dirty for your life!" Caramel responded.

"Ooh! Can I be leader?" Cheese Sandwich asked. Everypony shook their heads.

"Oh, let me guess, you have an explanation on why you should be leader?" Discord asked Caramel as the earth pony shook his head.

"No. I don't exactly want to be leader." He then gestured to Soarin. "I think Soarin should be leader."

"What?" Flash responded. "Why?"

"Well, Soarin is the only one not in this argument right now. And, he has practice with being on a military team. I think that's enough reasons."

Fancypants pondered. "Well, alright. Soarin, you're the leader of our little group."

"Alright!" Soarin then hovered into the air. "Well, since we have the force field up, I suggest we tell everypony it's okay to come out of their homes!"

Flash face-hoofed. "Are you kidding me? We are not doing that."

"Why not?" Soarin asked, landing again.

"What if-"

"Are you going to question my force field?" Discord interrupted, giving the guard a glare.

"Well, I don't know if we can fully count on it. Remember how Shining's force field didn't stop the changelings?" Flash retorted.

"I do not recall that. I was in my stone prison, thank you very much." Discord responded, giving Flash an even angrier glare.

"Let's just appreciate what we have. If Discord wasn't here, we would have to worry about the changelings casually walking in Ponyville." Soarin remarked.

Flash turned to look at Soarin. "If Discord wasn't here, everything would be so much easier!"

Soarin nodded. "I agree with that. But he does offer a lot more protection, being a chaotic being."

"Thank you! Somepony finally understands how useful my powers could be!" Discord remarked, patting Soarin on the head, messing up the stallion's mane.

Soarin glared up at Discord. "Great. Now my mane looks like a complete mess."

Flash rolled his eyes. "Your mane style doesn't matter right now! We have a whole city to protect!"

A gasp was heard from Fancypants. "A perfect mane is everything!" He then levitated a comb and straightened Soarin's mane.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"Can we get back to protecting now?" Flash asked as Soarin nodded his head.

"I still think we should tell everypony that there's nothing to worry about yet, and that they can come outside. But we will warn them about the possibility of changelings trying to get in."

Fancypants nodded his head. "Alright. I'm in!"

"Same!" Caramel added on.

"Let's do this!" Cheese chimed in.

"Ah, what the heck." Discord added. They then all turned to Flash.

"You're outvoted, Sentry." Caramel remarked as Flash grunted.

"Fine." He agreed. He had a feeling deep inside that this wasn't the best way to go about the issue.