• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 1,785 Views, 13 Comments

Hard Responsibilities - Just A Random Pegasus



When the mane six have to help defeat the invading changeling army in the Crystal Empire, their special stallions (and draconequus) are charged with the responsibility to protect Ponyville.

  • ...
15
 13
 1,785

We're Protecting Ponyville... Together?

"Flash! Flash, wake up!" Twilight said, nudging her special stallion.

"W-what?" He asked, opening his blue eyes to find a distressed Twilight looking down at him. "Are you okay, Twi?"

Twilight just sighed as Flash sat up on the bed. "I'm not sure. I'm a little nervous, that's for sure."

Flash Sentry proceeded to stretch his wings. "What happened? Did Princess Celestia give you more royal responsibilities?"

Twilight shook her head. "No." She then picked up a scroll with her magic. "Princess Celestia sent this earlier." She read over it again. "The changelings are invading the Crystal Empire."

Flash jumped to his feet. "What?!" He then thought for a moment, remembering the last time they invaded. "Why the Crystal Empire? Shining Armor and Cadance live there, and they were the ones who defeated her at first."

Twilight looked down out the window. "Princess Celestia thinks it's because Queen Chrysalis wants to trap the two." She turned around to Flash, getting a more determined look on her face. "This is why I must gather my friends!"


The mane six all stood in front of their special ones: Fancypants, Soarin, Cheese Sandwich, Caramel, Discord and Flash Sentry.

"As you know, changelings are invading Equestria. So, we have a responsibility for you six." Twilight informed as the stallions nodded their heads. Discord then rolled his eyes.

"Whatever it is, I can take care of it." Discord responded, creating a cotton candy cloud and proceeding to sit on it.

Twilight raised a brow. "All of you are charged with this task." As soon as everypony was silent, Twilight continued. "We decided to trust you six with keeping Ponyville safe and making sure all citizens are safe."

Cheese Sandwich didn't know whether to smile nervously or happily. "You're giving us this responsibility?"

Twilight nodded her head. "You are some of the closest ponies to us. If the citizens here are going to trust anypony, it would be you six."

Caramel gave a smile. "Well, I'm happy you think we can do it."

Applejack walked up to him. "Ah know ya'll can do it. It really isn't that hard." She then hoof-bumped Caramel and looked into his eyes for a few seconds.

The rest of the mane six then walked over to their special ones.

"See you later, Flash."

"See ya, Twilight."


Pinkie and Cheese were wrapping each other in a tight hug. "I'll miss you, Cheesy!"

"I'll miss you too, Pinkie."

Pinkie Pie then pulled apart. "Don't have any parties without me, or else I'll have to blast you with the party cannon when I get back home!"


Fancypants took Rarity's hoof and kissed it. "I'll miss you, darling."

"Same with me, dear."


Discord gave Fluttershy a bouquet of cotton candy in chocolate milk. "I'll see you later, Fluttershy."

Fluttershy giggled. "Don't turn Ponyville chaotic while I'm gone, okay?" She then hugged Discord.


"Well, I guess I'll see you later, Soar." Rainbow Dash said, flipping her mane back.

Soarin nodded his head. "Yep!" They then wing-fived. When Rainbow Dash knew nopony was watching, she gave Soarin a quick nuzzle before nervously looking around and flying to where Twilight was.

All six were standing next to each other, waving goodbye. Twilight started to charge up her horn.

'"We wish you luck!" Fancypants called as Twilight teleported her friends. A moment of silence hung in the air.

"Well, what should we do now?" Soarin asked, hovering above the other stallions.

Fancypants thought for a moment. "Discord?"

The draconequus looked down at the unicorn. "What do you need, fancy-shorts?"

Fancypants glared at Discord. "Can you use your chaos magic to create a force field around Ponyville?"

Cheese Sandwich responded before Discord had the chance to. "Why just Ponyville? What about all of Equestria!"

Discord pondered for a moment. "Okay! Here goes..."

"NO!" Flash Sentry cut in. "I don't think all of Equestria knows about the attack."

Discord raised an eyebrow. "What are you saying, yellow guard?"

Flash gritted his teeth. "I'm orange."

"Whatever. Get on with what you were saying!" Discord responded, sloppily eating some cotton candy.

Flash shot a small glare at Discord. "Well, if ponies see a force field around all of Equestria, they would assume something is wrong. We want nopony going crazy." Flash then thought for a moment. "And we can't put it around all of Equestria, since the changelings are already in the Crystal Empire."

Cheese Sandwich nodded. "I meant around all of Equestria that isn't invaded by changelings."

Caramel and Soarin nodded in agreement to Flash's statement.

"Well, what do we do, then? Let everypony get attacked because we didn't want to put up with them running like crazy?" Fancypants questioned as he straightened his tie.

"It would be better if nopony else knew about it. We were technically only assigned to protect Ponyville." Caramel responded.

"Well, why not help the rest of Equestria?" Cheese Sandwich asked.

"I really don't want to see Twilight mad again, so I insist on doing what she said. And that was to protect Ponyville!" Flash answered as Fancypants got in his face.

"Well, what are we supposed to do? Just sit here and wait for those bugs to come invading in?!"

Discord nodded his head. "Fancy-shorts has a point for once."

"I didn't ask you!" Fancypants remarked, glaring at Discord for a short period of time.

"How about..." Cheese thought for a moment. "We tell the ponies in Ponyville we're putting a force field up! If they're calm, then we could argue that it's the best decision." Cheese then walked over to a house.

"Cheese!" Flash called as he stomped on the ground.

Cheese rang the doorbell of the house as a cream colored mare with a red mane stepped out.

"Hello!" The mare happily piped as Cheese waved to her.

"Hello. I am here to tell you that Equestria is currently under a changeling invasion, so-"

"WHAT?! CHANGELING INVASION?!" The mare shouted as she ran along the streets. "THE CHANGELINGS ARE COMING! THE CHANGELINGS ARE COMING! EVERYPONY INSIDE!" The mare yelled as many other ponies ran like maniacs to get inside their homes. An eerie silence then hung over Ponyville.

"Well, that went perfect!" Caramel remarked sarcastically.

Author's Note:

I normally ship Applespike instead of Carameljack, but I felt like Caramel would work better in this story. I also wanted to write a little Carameljack.

I hope you like it so far! :derpytongue2: