• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 1,717 Views, 3 Comments

I'd give my life for you - Autistic Writer



Sunset Shimmer takes an energy blast for Twilight. Will Twilight learn of Sunset's feelings for her?

  • ...
5
 3
 1,717

My Life is Worth Risking

I'd give my life for you


“Twilight,” Sunset Shimmer shivered in fear.

In the courtyard of Canterlot High, Sombra had arrived and desired to take over the place. However, Twilight and her friends weren’t going to let that happen. They decided to confront Sombra on their own. They figured their friendship would be stronger than Sombra’s dark powers. Plus, it would have gotten Cadence, Shining Armor and Spike a chance to find the Crystal Heart.

“Sunset, stay back,” Twilight ordered.

Twilight looked over seeing her friends were unconscious at the moment. Twilight remembered how Applejack tried to tie up Sombra, only for him to burn the rope and knock Applejack into a tree. Rainbow Dash tried to use her speed through flight, however Sombra blew a tornado to make Rainbow spin out of control. The dark king made Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy collide into one another. As for Rarity, he just changed the color of her hair and put a sleeping spell on her while she was distracted.

“You really think this display will stop me? You are only fooling yourself. Soon, I will destroy you and this world will be mine.” Sombra laughed as he flew towards Twilight.

“I won’t let you have this world. My friends are down, but they are not out.” Twilight gripped her hands.

“Oh, they will be out when I am finished with you.” Sombra smirked. He couldn’t take the chance. He needed to finish Twilight and destroy the Crystal Heart.

Sombra used his left arm to summon a stream of dark energy in order to dispatch Twilight; however the girl summoned an energy shield being projected by her magic. The force of Sombra’s darkness overwhelmed the princess and broke the shield.

Twilight felt the burns of the darkness and looked at her injured left hand. She looked over by Sunset Shimmer, who was hiding near a tree where she had gathered Twilight’s friends.

“I can help you,” Sunset pleaded with Twilight to let her help.

“No, just keep them safe.” Twilight yelled. She turned her head to see a stream of darkness heading towards her. Twilight managed to roll over seeing the dark stream hitting the entrance to Canterlot High.

This made the princess fire a stream of purple magic at the king. Sombra scoffed as he used his right arm to fire the same dark stream of darkness.

Sunset looked over seeing the dark stream getting stronger and headed towards Twilight. Twilight’s right arm was getting weaker and weaker until the dark stream completely engulfed Twilight’s right arm.

This wave sent Twilight hurling into the building. Sunset eyes widened when she saw Twilight being hurled into Canterlot High. Sunset tried to run over, but saw Twilight leaping out of the building and in Sombra’s path again. Both of Twilight’s arms were badly damaged, her breathing was heavier, and it looked like she was able to pass out.

“Why do you still fight?” Sombra demanded to know why Twilight still defied him.

“You think that you can bully others just because you are stronger than them? Wrong, a true ruler is strengthened by his people, not the other way around. They won’t listen to you. You are nothing but a false king. You have been beaten once, you will be beaten again.” Twilight said with heavily breathing.

Sombra glared at Twilight. “It is time that I end this,”

Sunset saw Sombra’s hands being lit by dark magic. She looked over seeing Twilight barely had any energy left. She couldn’t take it anymore and lifted from where she was and ran over towards Twilight.

Twilight looked over seeing the large stream of dark magic heading towards her. Twilight would have leaped out of the way, but she barely had the strength to move. She stood there unable to product any magic.

Twilight closed her eyes and waited for the worst thing to happen. However, Twilight didn’t feel any pain. She opened her eyes to see that she was unscathed by the dark magic that Sombra threw.

“What?” He felt surprised. “How is this possible?”

Twilight looked over to see what had happened. Her eyes widened seeing that Sunset Shimmer stood there and took the dark magical blast. The princess looked in horror that Sunset acted as her shield.

“SUNSET!” Twilight screamed as she ran over to hold the falling young woman.

As Sunset Shimmer turn towards Twilight, she held a fainted smile while coughing. “Hey….Twilight.”

“Sunset, why did you do that? You reckless, stubborn, thickheaded….” Twilight was trying to understand why Sunset would do that.

“We all do that….for the friends we care about.” Sunset coughed.

“Don’t try to justify this. Do you realize what’s happening to you?” Twilight looked at her.

“Yeah, it might have been stupid….But well worth it.” Sunset smiled a tiny bit. It was hard for her, but she managed to put her weak hand and brushed away Twilight’s tears. Even in death, Sunset was glad to have at least one friend.

Sombra shook his head. He was disgusted with the display that was happening in front of him. He attempted to fly past Twilight. Twilight put up a large purple barrier to block Sombra.

“Where the Tartarus do you think you are going?” Twilight told him.

“Do you think you can stop me?” Sombra smirked.

Twilight stood sprouted wings and a horn as she faced the dark king as her glaring eyes soon turned white. “WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING?”


Cadence, Shining Armor and Spike were rushing back towards the entrance. They had the Crystal Heart ready to use on Sombra.

“Do you think Twilight and the others are okay?” Cadence asked.

“Yeah, I think they are.” Shining Armor told his wife.

“Let’s just hope they are still alive.” Spike smiled before the three noticed the large hole where the entrance use to be, “Woah,”

Cadence held the Crystal Heart in her hands, while Spike jumped on the rocks before he managed to latch up on Shining Armor’s right shoulder. The three saw the battlefield as clear as day. They saw the ground with some small craters, burn marks and destroyed trees.

“Look over there,” Shining Armor pointed to Twilight’s friends, who were waking up.

When they rushed over to where the five girls were, Pinkie Pie held her head. “What happened?”

“Are you girls alright?” Cadence asked.

“Yeah,” Rainbow Dash spoke.

“I will try to be,” Rarity said as the girl tried not to cry over her hair being colored grey. She cried out. “I look like an old person.”

“Where’s Sunset Shimmer?” Fluttershy spoke.

Spike leaped out of Shining Armor’s shoulder as he followed the scent. While that was going on, Applejack looked up. “Guys, look up.”

Everyone did as Applejack had instructed as they soon saw a battle in the skies. Twilight and Sombra kept colliding with one another. Both were using their magic to subdue one another.

“Wow, Twilie is angry.” Shining Armor saw how enraged his sister was.

In the skies, Sombra was solely focused on destroying the princess. However, Twilight had become faster and stronger than before. It was hard to keep up with her. He sensed the darkness Twilight was using against him.

“ITS ALL YOU’RE FAULT THAT SUNSET IS GONE. YOU TOOK MY SUNSET AWAY FROM ME AND YOU ARE GOING TO PAY.” Twilight feelings went beyond hatred for the dark king.

On the ground, Spike was sniffing where Sunset’s trail had ended. “Guys, come here.”

Everyone ran to where Spike was. They soon looked in horror of seeing the unconscious woman that was in front of them. Spike sniffed Sunset for a few seconds before back off and whimpered.

“Sunset,” Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Applejack screamed. Cadence and Shining Armor scanned Sunset’s vitals. Cadence and Shining Armor looked at one another. “She is alive, but barely.”

Everyone looked up seeing that Twilight was bringing Sombra to the ground. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

BOOM!

The shockwave from the collision made all the windows of Canterlot High shatter. Everyone covered their eyes as the dust headed towards them.

“AHHHH, get off me.” Sombra threw Twilight off him. “I am tired of everyone in this place, getting in my way.”

“If you don’t like it, why don’t you leave?” Cadence said before using her magic along with the Crystal Heart to shine a white-bluish light at him.

Sombra had no time to protect himself from the magic. The magic hit his chest as he struggles to keep himself anchored to the world he was in. However, the magic was too strong for the dark king and was destroyed.
Twilight lifted herself from the ground. Her horn and wings disappeared. As Twilight attempted to smile, her five friends ran towards her and gave her a big hug. The princess was shocked at first, but felt satisfied that her friends were still alive.

“We were worried about you?” Applejack said.

“But, we took that king down,” Rainbow Dash boasted.

“I hope you are okay?” Fluttershy commented seeing the scraps that were on Twilight’s face.

“Ohh, and you got your dress dirty, at least my hair is back to normal.” Rarity smiled as her grey hair turned purple.

“Yeah, and Sunset Shimmer seems to be doing well.” Pinkie said.

“SUNSET!” Twilight leaped out of her friends as she just remembered the fiery haired girl that saved her.

When Twilight ran over, she saw Shining Armor carrying Sunset in his arms. Twilight was in tears and quickly ran by him.

“Is she…” Twilight said fearing the worst.

“She will be fine. We just need to get her to a…” Shining Armor smiled before seeing Twilight taking Sunset out of her brother’s arms and teleporting to the nearest hospital.

“It’s okay, dear. After all, she is in love.” Cadence smiled sensing Twilight’s inner feelings.


Sunset managed to find herself in the hospital. She tried to sit up, but her whole body felt like it was on fire. Sunset turned to her right seeing Shining Armor and Cadence were sitting down to greet her.

“Good Morning, Sunset.” Shining Armor smirked.

“Yeah,” Sunset spoke. “Judging from you two being here, I guess we won.”

“For the most part,” Cadence smiled.

“Where’s Twilight?” Sunset said.

“Look to your left,” Cadence pointed her finger. Sunset turned the other way seeing a sleeping Twilight. The princess was cuddling up on the chair as she was right near Sunset Shimmer.

“How long has she?” Sunset pointed to Twilight.

“She has been here as long as you were, a few hours. She hasn’t left your side.” Shining Armor crossed his arms.

“You really made her worry.” Cadence tried to hold her laughter. “She really likes you.”

Sunset Shimmer turned her head and smiled.

“Everyone else is outside; we will tell them that you are okay. We will give you some time alone together.” Cadence said walking out with Shining Armor.

“AHHHH, MY SUNSET SHIMMER, You can't have my wife, Flash.” Twilight’s first words as she woke up.

“Nice to see that you are up,” Sunset looked over at Twilight. Sunset decided to ignore Twilight's words before waking up.

Hearing her voice, Twilight looked over. Sunset was frightened as she never seen Twilight smile like that. The princess immediately jumped on Sunset’s chest and was glad that Sunset was still alive.

“Ow Twilight,” Sunset yelped. “My body still hurts from acting as your shield.”

“Oops, sorry about that.” Twilight said as she got off her friend. “How are you feeling other than that?”

“Well, I feel like I am all wrapped up.” Sunset Shimmer hoping to gain a laugh from Twilight, however the young princess was soon in her scolding mode. Sunset soon was going to get an earful.

“How could you do that? Didn’t I tell you that I had it under control? I mean, why do you have to be so thickheaded all the time? I mean what if you had dead from it. I mean you are one of the most stubborn…” Twilight ranted and raved about how irrational Sunset’s decision was.

The girl with the fiery hair had enough and soon pulled on Twilight’s arms and their lips connected. Twilight was too angry with Sunset, but the kiss cooled Twilight down. Soon, the two girls were making out on the bed.

Nurse Redheart attempted to see how Sunset Shimmer was doing, but soon faced the scene of the two girls making out. She quickly walked out of the room to give the couple some privacy.

Twilight and Sunset stopped their steamy make out session to look at one another. They breathed heavily and smiled.

“I think you might need some rest, so I will leave you alone.” Twilight spoke up.

“Yeah, maybe when I get healed, I can visit Equestria and we can properly celebrate.” Sunset Shimmer smirked at her girlfriend.

“You promise you will get better?” Twilight held onto the door and looked at her.

“I promise.” Sunset Shimmer smiled as if to say, ‘I promise to get better, my love’.

Author's Note:

I don't own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is owned by Hasbro.

How's this for a Sunlight fic? I originally wanted to title this piece, "Don't take my sunshine away," But i didn't want to be slammed for taking inspiration from a popular song. It was funny that i listened to it while writing this fanfic.

So, tell me your thoughts on this fanfic? I know it might be strange that it has parts missing, but i felt more of the importance was Sunset protecting Twilight. If it failed, then that's your opinion. But, for me, i am glad i told this story.

So, until then, see you later.

Comments ( 3 )

I originally wanted to title this piece, "Don't Take My Sunshine Away," But i didn't want to be slammed for taking inspiration from a popular song.

Nobody would give you grief for that. Or at least, if someone did, it wouldn't be justified. Well established media references other media all the time. Especially music; music is meant to inspire. And if you take a look around FimFiction, you'll notice that a lot of authors use pop culture references in their story titles, even individual chapter titles. It's not something to shy away from. :twilightsmile:

As for the story itself, I thought you did a pretty good job for a short, sweet, to-the-point story. There are always details that could be improved or expanded, but there's no single thing in this fic that really detracts from it as a whole. Although Rarity's fascination with her appearance made me cringe a bit. :rainbowlaugh: What a character she is. I think my favourite aspect of this is that Twilight's embodiment of magic comes to full form when her most important friendship is put at risk; the person she cares about more than anything. Things like that are really sweet and get me almost every time.

Once again, a story will never be perfect. But as long as you pour yourself into what you're making, there's always gonna be someone who appreciates it. :twilightsmile: Happy writing, and I hope to see more from you.

I’m CRYING! This was so cute omg

Login or register to comment