• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 781 Views, 40 Comments

The Failed Spell - silverspawn



A spell gone wrong teleports Twilight and Rarity outside the borders of the world.

  • ...
11
 40
 781

Chapter 12

“It’s over, isn’t it?”

Refusing to give an answer, Twilight made one more step, then one more... and one... more... and one more, and one more... and then a final one.

And then she gave up.

“Yup. This is it.” A feeling of finality washed over her, of sadness, disappointment... and relief. At last, all her responsibility was gone. For the first time in her adult life, there was nothing, nothing she had to do. Nothing to take care off.

There was only her remaining time.

“I hope our friends will get over us,” Rarity said quietly. With a tilt of her horn, Twilight removed the dome from above their heads, causing a raised eyebrow from her friend. “What are you doing?”

“Do you really want to shield ourselves in our final moments?”

“Well...” The fashionista’s body tensed, her already flat mane hanging down heavily from both sides of her head. “No, I suppose not.”

“Rarity,” Twilight said, amazed by how she was able to ask this without the slightest hint of embarrassment or doubt, “I have never kissed somepony before. I want to do it before I die.”

Rarity seemed to hesitate for just a moment, but then she nodded. “Very well.” Not wasting another moment, Rarity stepped closer, pressing her lips against Twilight’s, gently, generously.

Closing her eyes, Twilight focused her mind solely on the sensation, shutting out everything else, the pouring rain, her aching hooves, her exhaustion, even her hunger. A few seconds in, Twilight felt herself wanting more, pressing her tongue forward and into Rarity’s mouth, being unreasonable, demanding, assaulting. Rarity gave no sign of protest, no sign of hesitation, instead grasping Twilight’s head from behind, pushing their lips even closer together, thrusting herself into the kiss with just as much devotion as Twilight could bring forth. An overwhelming wave of stimulation washed over her, making her forget not just her surroundings, but also her current state, her situation. There were no final moments. There was no edge of the world, no never-ending landscape of barren soil, no hunger, no death waiting a few steps ahead. There was only Rarity, her lips, her tongue, her sweet and numbing scent, her hot breath against her face...

She couldn’t tell how long it had been, but eventually, Twilight’s lucidity came creeping back. She found herself lying on the ground, with no strength left to stand. Rarity was curled up beside her, her body still miraculously warm, her eyes open and staring into her own. Twilight rolled them around, until the white body lay below her, then she stuck out her tongue. Rarity opened her mouth expectantly, but instead of kissing her, Twilight cast a simple spell to dry her face and shield it from the rain, then she leaned down and licked in a line upward Rarity’s face. Staring down at her, her muzzle formed a smile full of sincerity and joy that mirrored Rarity’s. The next moment, her affection leaned upwards, biting her into her lip with all her strength. Throbbing waves of pain surged through her body, and she could see some of the blood dripping down where it mixed up with her saliva.

The exhaustion become overwhelming, and Twilight released the magic that had been her bearer, falling down onto the body below her, choosing to squeeze as hard as she could, delighted when Rarity returned it with with even more strength than she still had. The pain in her lip was real and overbearing, the pendant that was squeezed in between them cut into her flesh. She clutched onto these sensations with all of her being.

“I guess this is what all the fuss is about then, huh?” Her breath was short, her mind whirling. “You were amazing.”

“I’m glad we did it.” Rarity’s words were the simple truth, her voice so sincere as only one who had nothing else to consider could ever be. “If it weren’t for this, I’d never have asked it from you, and I’d have ended up with somepony not worth half as much as you are.”

“Thank you,” said Twilight, tilting her head so that her muzzle pressed against Rarity’s neck, inhaling the scent of her body in its fullest. “Do you want to to see me one last time?”

“Yes.”

With immeasurable effort, Twilight heaved herself upwards, bit by bit, until her face hovered above Rarity’s.

One last time.

One last time.

“Goodbye.”

“Goodbye.”

A final tilt of her horn, one last last surge of magic, and then everything was gone.