• Published 5th Sep 2015
  • 11,241 Views, 1,007 Comments

The Crystal Vizier - Lich-Lord Krosis



When the first Equestrian Lich King is in need of guidance, who better to help him than the second in command of the Azerothian Scourge? Follow Kel'Thuzad in his new unlife in the colorful world of Equus.

  • ...
59
 1,007
 11,241

PreviousChapters Next
Light in the Dark

Shining Armor sobbed into the sink in front of him, the tingling, biting feeling of tears flowing down his face hounding him. Reminding him of the confrontation with his sister he had just retreated from.

“I... I yelled at her... threatened her...”

You put her in her place, boy.

Shining growled, crushing the crystal sinks sides into powder with his hooves as a lash of mental power made the old orc inside his mind collapse with a groan. The other consciousness in the alicorn’s head chuckled lightly, helping the shaman to his feet.

Good shot.

Shining smirked, the other prince’s compliment helping to lighten the mood.

He liked Arthas.

Well, at least what was left of Arthas.

When Kel'Thuzad had told him of the possibility that the remains of the other Lich Kings inhabited the Helm, the alicorn was expecting a more... evil pair of presences. When he first put the Helm on stop the mountain, the former prince of Lordaeron all but praised him for finally listening to the two former Lich Kings.

Instead of the evil he was expecting, he got a pair of... acquaintances?

It was difficult to call them even that.

A pair of echoes of lives past, capable of limited conversation, all at his will.

He could have purged them from existence, finally allowing some semblance of peace to whatever remained of his predecessors.

But something told him to keep them around for a while.

Even if they were an annoyance every now and again, the old orc and young prince were invaluable advisors to consult on things that only three beings had ever experienced.

Being the Lich King, that is.

“Sire?”

Shining sniffed once, clearing his throat before turning to the death knight at the cracked door to his bathroom.

“Yes, Titus, what is it?”

“Forgive me, but Kel’Thuzad said that he needed you in his laboratory immediately.” Titus hesitantly relayed.

Shining nodded once.

“Thank you, Titus. Take a rest, my friend.” Shining commanded, hints of a friendly smile inching across his muzzle.

“Thank you, my king.” Titus bowed, before turning to leave.

Shining Armor nodded once as his captain left the room, his horn sparking briefly before he was suddenly inside his vizier’s chambers. He looked around, searching for any sign of his archmage.

The several skeletal servants before him bowed in subservience, stopping whatever task they were assigned to show their respect for their king.

“Shining Armor...”

Shining Armor’s blood boiled at the voice coming from behind him.

The alicorn prince whipped around, restraining himself as his instincts roared for him to impale Celestia on Frostmourne before she could attempt to restrain him.

The restraint came out in a significant, unnatural lurch, accompanied by a deep, rumbling growl.

Calm yourself, Shining. You and I both know that she is of no threat to you.

That doesn’t make me hate her any less, Arthas.

“Shining Armor... is that you?” the solar monarch asked, a concerned expression blanketing her muzzle. A brief shiver ran through her as the room shook as the Lich King growled once more, the room’s temperature plummeting.

”Celestia...”

The solar monarch shivered as the memory of her nightmare resurfaced, her stance faltering ever so slightly as she attempted to fight through the cold.

With heat.

A flickering light enveloped the tip of her horn, and all at once, the room rose quickly in heat, pushing away the oppressive and biting cold.

Curiously, the Lich King did not attempt to stop her.

”Where is my archmage?” Shining growled, his temper subsiding as he got control of himself.

“Comforting your sister, Shining.” Celestia sadly said, trotting over and sitting down on a half-frozen pillow that was laying near Kel’Thuzad’s throne. Shining nodded, his eyes dimming as the necromantic power flowing from them receded.

“What do you want?” Shining snapped, his normal voice issuing forth from his pale muzzle. Celestia visibly relaxed at this, the prince filing away her apparent fear.

“I’ve come to... apologize, Shining.” Celestia spoke, her head dropping.

“For everything...” Celestia shuddered, her eyes beginning to tear up.

“I’m sorry that I’ve cost you and Cadence your chance for foals...”

“I’m sorry that you... died.”

“I’m sorry for the mental anguish you’ve gone through over the past months.” Celestia sobbed as she looked up at the alicorn prince, a look of passiveness adorning his muzzle.

“But more than that, I’m sorry for how I’ve failed Cadence.” Celestia whimpered, her head falling again as she shook.

“I’ve known of your apprehensions about being with... with somepony that will inevitably outlive you.” Celestia admitted. “I’ve known about them from the day you met Cadence.”

“And yet you allowed us to suffer with this knowledge?” Shining spat. “The knowledge that Cadence would stay forever young, and was doomed to watch me wither away?”

“Shining Armor, do you not think that I’ve suffered the same curse?” Celestia inquired, looking up at the prince with tears glistening in her magenta eyes. “Do you not think that I’ve lost ponies and loved ones to the sands of time?”

“Immortality is a curse, Shining Armor.” Celestia sadly looked up at her nephew.

“Be grateful that you have somepony to share eternity with.”

With that, Celestia broke down, collapsing before the Lich King with a dull thud. Her wretching sobs shaking her frame as her mane drooped down around her, it’s colors fading with her sadness.

Shining Armor didn’t know what to do.

While he had every right to hate Celestia... he couldn’t bring himself to truly hate her.

This is a mare that had lived for thousands of years, caring for her little ponies when they needed her.

This is a mare that had lost her sister to darkness for a millennia.

This is a mare that had taken in his sister as an apprentice.

This is a mare that had introduced him, probably knowingly, to Cadence.

This is a mare that for all intents and purposes, was his mother-in-law.

Yet he had never pondered what exactly her experiences with immortality were...

.........

The taller alicorn lifted the solar monarch to her hooves, embracing her once she had looked up at him.

Celestia shook from the contact, before sobbing into his barrel, letting her wings fall limply to her sides.

While he would not forgive her anytime soon...

They had eternity to sort out their problems.

So with a sigh, the alicorn of death wrapped his wings around the crying mare, comforting her as best he could.

PreviousChapters Next