• Published 5th Sep 2015
  • 11,236 Views, 1,007 Comments

The Crystal Vizier - Lich-Lord Krosis



When the first Equestrian Lich King is in need of guidance, who better to help him than the second in command of the Azerothian Scourge? Follow Kel'Thuzad in his new unlife in the colorful world of Equus.

  • ...
59
 1,007
 11,236

PreviousChapters Next
The King's Return

The small bunkhouse was quiet, save for the gentle breathing of the alicorn, and the magical fire in the hearth, crackling away. The nurse on duty sat in the corner, her form gently rocking the small colt her prince had rescued in her hooves. The little guy had woken up crying, and she didn't want to leave him to sob away into her prince's... oddly cold body. When she had carefully extracted the colt from his embrace, her hooves had brushed up against her ruler's sides.

They were nearly as cold as ice...

The nurse had simply shrugged it off as an alicorn thing, as his breathing was fine. The colt however, was freezing. The little guy had snuggled into her forehooves as soon as she had grabbed him, desperate for warmth. While he had not made a single sound besides the occasional whimper, the mare was more than content to smother the small pony with her love. With her gentle rocking, and gentle hums and purrs, the colt had fallen asleep within minutes in her clutch.

.........

Fear.

.........

In an instant, Shining Armor was upright, startling the nurse. The prince's eyes darted around rapidly in their sockets, attempting to find the source of this new emotion. His eyes were wide as saucers, and a cold sweat dripped down his muzzle.

"Y-Your majesty? Are you alright?" the nurse asked, still gently rocking the small colt in her forehooves. The undead stallion turned abruptly to the mare, his eyes wide with confusion. The mare recoiled at his gaze, the stallion's eyes boring into hers, seemingly desperate for the source of his awakening.

"Yes... I... I'm fine. Thank you." Shining weakly smiled, an invisible blush running across his pale face. Shining sighed, rising shakily to his hooves. He cracked his neck rather loudly in several places, feeling the dormant muscles and bones of his body realign themselves with a series of crackles and pops.

"Just... just a nightmare, I guess." Shining chuckled sheepishly. With a start, Shining's eyes grew wide with worry once more, the stallion frantically searching for his snuggle-buddy. The mare whistled quietly, gesturing to the small colt in her possession, the little guy suckling on his hoof peacefully. The mare grinned to him, and beckoned the prince back to bed.

"It's fine, your majesty, I have him. He woke up crying about an hour ago, so I rocked him back to sleep. I haven't had the heart to put him down yet, though." the mare blushed, a sheepish smile adorning her muzzle. Shining nodded, laying his head back on the pillow gently. He sighed in contentment, and closed his eyes gently once more...

.........

Fear.

.........

"CADENCE!!" Shining screeched, his massive wings flaring to their full extent almost instantly, the small table and bed near him exploding away from the alicorn's outburst. The nurse shrieked, and clutched the small foal to her barrel tightly as a sudden gust of frigid wind extinguished every candle and brazier in the small room. The colt was awake once more, balling his eyes out at the cold and dark of the chamber, snuggling deeper into the mare's embrace.

Shining, however, was being assaulted by a rather... demanding emotion.

He NEEDED to see his Cadence...

Make sure she is alright.

He knew not why he felt fear of this caliber, but all he knew was fear for her well being.

For her life...

.........

In a fit of energy and anger that surprised even the prince, he roared in fury, smashing through the wall into the street outside with a single powerful kick from his forelegs. The Lich King tore his way through the remnants of the crumbled wall, his body literally echoing with cold. The guards outside stumbled once, attempting to stop him, trying to get him back inside the barracks.

To stop him from reaching HIS wife!

He would have NONE of this... this...

INSOLENCE...

With a roar of necromantic energies, an explosion of blue energy rocketed the two guards away from the alicorn, the lich flaring his massive wings wide, before catapulting his gargantuan form several stories up into the cold air with an earth-shattering pump of his legs.

With a LITERAL roar this time, the Alicorn of Death flapped his wings twice, and was rocketing towards the snowy mountains in the far distance, where he knew HIS princess was.

Consumed by fear and anger, the Lich King summoned up his power...

And detonated.

.........

The gentle glow of a candle permeated the cool night air within the small house of the pegasus. She herself was lying in bed with her beloved, the gentle caresses of said stallion lazily stroking her back and flank. With a smirk, the stallion applied a bit of pressure to the mare's side, making her yelp into his neck.

"Really? Not funny..." she mumbled, her lips tickling her coltfriend's neck, causing him to chuckle lightly, wrapping his own wings around her in apology, the pegasus cooing lightly before pushing herself further into his light blue fur. The couple shifted lightly, the comforting cloud mattress soothing their minds into drowsiness...

.........

"Ugh... can you turn out the light, babe?" the mare groaned, an annoying flare of the stuff irritating her closed eyes greatly. The mare sighed as she felt her bed of equine muscle turn to check the small candle, before stopping.

"Uhh... it is off, Dashy." he stated. The pegasus shot her eyes open as the light became nearly blinding, even with her eyes closed, her coltfriend gasping in astonishment at something.

"Uhh... Dashy?"

"Yeah babe?"

.........

"You said you were the ONLY pegasus to perform the Sonic Rainboom, yah?" he asked, his voice in... disbelief.

Rainbow rubbed her eyes, looking to the small window next to the bedroom, and stopped.

A massive, greyish-blue shockwave echoed out from a colossal form streaking across the sky, a tell-tale sign of breaking the sound barrier. She flinched and yelped when the shockwave passed the house, a shrieking wind of frigid air blowing straight through even the weather-resistant cloud walls. The couple huddled together in disbelief and fear, an echoing roar of magical energies exploding from the form, bathing the surrounding valley in it's sickly blue glow.

In another flash, the figure was gone, it's trail of grey the only proof it was ever there.

.........

With a groan, Rainbow collapsed forwards, her face planting straight into her coltfriend's discarded flightsuit.

.........

Soarin' sighed, before doing the same.

.........

With an echoing smash, the Lich King crashed through the stained-glass window of his bedroom, the unmistakable form of Kel'Thuzad dominating the large chamber. On the floor, a pony lay in a pool of... green brain matter and blood.

Changeling...

With a snort, the prince folded his wings, and stomped up to the lich, his question cut short as he was all but commanded to listen to his king.

"Where..."

"Is..."

"My..."

"WIFE?!?!?"

Author's Note:

Okay, I know its a bit short, but I've only just gotten back to writing again. My mourning for my grandfather has gone on long enough.

Time to continue the story...

(Soarindash FTW)

PreviousChapters Next